shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still in love???

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, firstly, @foxinsox - I haven't even seen the new ring yet, so I'm trying to cool my jets on that one and not think about it too much!

But mostly, I guess I was talking about which ring would be appropriate for most situations. My 7 stone ring is a VERY solid ring, so I'd be happy wearing it playing sport (if one was...er...to play sport...), going to the shops, going out to dinner, to work, and so on and so on. It was more a case of which ring could be worn on the most occasions. I suspect my new ring might be a tad formal to go to the shops! (...although....) :mrgreen:
OH! I keep forgetting it’s still on its way (is it here yet?? Do you have any nails left?)
Still reckon going down the shops in trackydaks (which you probably wouldn’t but I thought you might enjoy the slang) and that ring would be awesome. Dress up any outfit!

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
I've had several rings and upgrades over the years. I did like or love each one for a period of time. I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for my BGD five stone u-prong in rose gold. It was stunning. Just gorgeous. :kiss2: But that was my first marriage and was sold years ago. The rings I've had since then were great, but soon after I felt like something was missing. I guess I was expecting them to live up to my Pretty in Pink ring. My OEC was beautiful and fit my budget at the time. The ring I was married with the second time is very lovely and special. In terms of upgrades, though, I still felt the DSS and wanted something...else.

And eventually went back to a 3.53 ctw BGD three stone that I just received today. :appl::kiss2: I love it so much. Perfect finger coverage. I went back and forth on H&A v. OEC. I love both. I decided to go with BG signature.

I'll update in several months to a year on how I feel about my new ring. =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always read threads on people going through the search for the stone or the attaining the perfect setting. However we don’t see many update threads. So I am curious how people who have had their ring/stone for at least a year are feeling. If you feel comfortable can we get some updates, thoughts, lessons learned and a recent pic? After all, this is a SMTB thread.

I’ll start. I have had my VC setting for a year. I do still really love it. However I will admit that I do miss seeing the round outline of my stone. Before I got this setting I was worried that I would miss it. And I do. I would consider getting a solitaire setting that I would switch the stone into if I miss the solitaire look too much. I also have discovered that I really do want a step cut. I may get one or maybe even get rid of this stone altogether and start over. No immediate plans to make any changes. I will live with it for as long as I can and see what happens. And surprisingly I wear it with my VCA perlee band the most now.
F9434F8F-9A6E-4611-9B39-3C09A9E46FF9.jpeg

Yes I am.

3 weeks and counting. :lol-2:

But seriously I think finally I am completely satiated and content re my ER OEC diamond. She is the "perfect" OEC for me. And @LLJsmom you are a big part of my journey and hope you know how much I appreciate you pushing me to get this OEC. It was for me a big investment as you know but you were there by and on my side the whole way cheering me on and supporting me in this decision. Thank you for everything and thank you for your true friendship. Which is above and beyond any piece of bling. (((Hugs))).

Ooops, just reread your thread...OK so I haven't had her in a year but will revisit this thread (if I remember haha) and update y'all then. But so far a resounding YES! :kiss2:

:lol:

(and I don't know if it counts for your thread but yes I am still in love with (and even more so now 2 decades later) my darling husband...my soulmate, my b'shert).

missyandgregandbubbalah.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I am.

3 weeks and counting. :lol-2:

But seriously I think finally I am completely satiated and content re my ER OEC diamond. She is the "perfect" OEC for me. And @LLJsmom you are a big part of my journey and hope you know how much I appreciate you pushing me to get this OEC. It was for me a big investment as you know but you were there by and on my side the whole way cheering me on and supporting me in this decision. Thank you for everything and thank you for your true friendship. Which is above and beyond any piece of bling. (((Hugs))).

Ooops, just reread your thread...OK so I haven't had her in a year but will revisit this thread (if I remember haha) and update y'all then. But so far a resounding YES! :kiss2:

:lol:

(and I don't know if it counts for your thread but yes I am still in love with (and even more so now 2 decades later) my darling husband...my soulmate, my

missyandgregandbubbalah.jpg

@missy of course you’re still in love. And I’m not even thinking about your OEC. You and Greg are the cutest!!! So glad you think Bubbalah might be “the one”. She is jaw dropping. I thought so the first time I saw her. I remember thinking “how can such a perfectly cut OEC exist is such a large size? How did this escape he recutters? This is what an AVR is trying to be.” I can’t wait to stare at her IRL. I am so happy for you that you both found each other.
On another note, I have MK because of you diamond god mother. She’s the only reason why I have ever seriously contemplated getting another stone. Sigh... I do still love her. I wish my heart would just settle down.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I KNOW I’ll never want to change Bella’s beautiful crown setting, it just is the perfect place for her. :love: As for Bella herself, it’s just my extreme good fortune that @missy fell in love with Bubbalah and could let her go, otherwise there’s no way I’d have ever had anything like her.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you wear it? Also did you ever start a thread on your ring? Would love more pics and details!
I did wear it. I felt a little funny and one of the guys commented “don’t ever show my wife your ring, she’s going to want one too!” And then my other guy co-worker asked to see it and he just smiled.
I told them I got it for my 25th Anniversary. It’s funny but I didn’t feel weird about it when they commented.
Alot of my female Co-workers do wear their engagement sets at work. And some of them are very very blingy so I probably shouldn’t be so self conscious. Some of them have huge diamonds too. Especially I notice at the Children’s hospital I work at. One nurse has a ring that looks so similar to mine that every time I see her I try to get a close up but I don’t want to look like I’m staring. Lol!
I haven’t put up a thread yet on my ring but it’s a ring by DK. He posted it on Instagram one day and I thought why not. I modified it to eight prongs and a tri-wire band with rose gold and platinum. I didn’t add a diamond halo bc his original ring didn’t have one but it does have a metal halo. I do love the silhouette effect of the metal halo around the diamond. It makes it look bigger but also protects the diamond.
Like @LLJsmom I do sometimes miss not seeing the round shape of my diamond though.
I have no plans at all to reset it. I love that it’s mine and I’m the only one who has one like it (as far as I know). That’s what I love about designing a ring. You can really make it your own.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did wear it. I felt a little funny and one of the guys commented “don’t ever show my wife your ring, she’s going to want one too!” And then my other guy co-worker asked to see it and he just smiled.
I told them I got it for my 25th Anniversary. It’s funny but I didn’t feel weird about it when they commented.
Alot of my female Co-workers do wear their engagement sets at work. And some of them are very very blingy so I probably shouldn’t be so self conscious. Some of them have huge diamonds too. Especially I notice at the Children’s hospital I work at. One nurse has a ring that looks so similar to mine that every time I see her I try to get a close up but I don’t want to look like I’m staring. Lol!
I haven’t put up a thread yet on my ring but it’s a ring by DK. He posted it on Instagram one day and I thought why not. I modified it to eight prongs and a tri-wire band with rose gold and platinum. I didn’t add a diamond halo bc his original ring didn’t have one but it does have a metal halo. I do love the silhouette effect of the metal halo around the diamond. It makes it look bigger but also protects the diamond.
Like @LLJsmom I do sometimes miss not seeing the round shape of my diamond though.
I have no plans at all to reset it. I love that it’s mine and I’m the only one who has one like it (as far as I know). That’s what I love about designing a ring. You can really make it your own.
I'm so glad you wore it! And I'd love to see more photos if you're up for sharing :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C555342F-F223-4DBB-B994-BDECAEDC200D.jpeg 37E2E1A1-2C92-41BB-8406-934C133B4982.jpeg 5E3032C3-38BB-49E7-8805-F99D6F56766A.jpeg
The sleek version prior to engraving and milgraining:
3CBEA116-4BE1-47F8-84A1-B7CF1CBB3212.jpeg 044E3A21-343C-4E8B-BEF2-0E55B23AEE3B.jpeg Great thread @LLJsmom

10 years ago I found my OEC when I was visiting my favourite jeweller. I had stopped wearing my perfectly cut top wesselton princess ring as it felt very cold. When I saw my OEC I immediately loved the warmth, sparkle and broad flashes.

It tooks me several years to find the ideal setting. My OEC has been in several settings. Thanks to PS I found the designs of Victor Canera. His Sophia setting is my ideal setting and I never looked back.

Initially I wanted the sleek and modern version, but I eventually opted for a vintage elements like milgrain and engraving to match the character of my ring. I sometimes wonder if I would have loved the sleek version just as much.

I enjoy wearing my ring every single day.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'd better still be in love since we bought another house which means no baubles for me for the foreseeable future. Instead I'm getting some awesome red oak floors over the upstairs part of the house and the basement walk-out and bedroom. But 5,000+ square feet is a lot of wood. At least the main level is red oak already. Next up: painting.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, mostly........but I want a bigger diamond. However, I just can't justify a big expense right now. I've made a lot of home improvements and paid for them in cash. I have no credit card debt. I keep reminding myself that over-spending means I lose some freedom. I will have to dip into my savings and work harder and longer to replenish it. I am getting the top ring in my avatar re-set by DK in a ruby target setting. I hope that satisfies my roving eye.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had my ering for a little over 4 years. I still love my ACA and will never replace it for sentimental reasons. It’s a F VS1 1.51 carat. The ring is a custom WF scattered diamond band, 3mm yellow gold. The head is platinum. If I ever change out the ring I’d go with a solitaire. I have 4 wedding bands I switch around so I don’t get bored with the look.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had my ering for a little over 4 years. I still love my ACA and will never replace it for sentimental reasons. It’s a F VS1 1.51 carat. The ring is a custom WF scattered diamond band, 3mm yellow gold. The head is platinum. If I ever change out the ring I’d go with a solitaire. I have 4 wedding bands I switch around so I don’t get bored with the look.

How could you not be crazy in love with your stunning F VS ACA. Those are the perfect stats and she looks so blingtastic on you dear Marcy.:love:
Beautiful bright and breathtaking.:love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I've had what I'll call here as my usual ring in it's current state for over 8 years now. Originally posted in this thread, the stone was an upgrade. And what an upgrade! From a cut-like-**** brown diamond to a D-VS ACA. While the new stone was .15 ct smaller, the diameter was the same. I'm not married, so it's not a wedding or e-ring, it's just my ring. I still love it just like it is. I can't imagine wanting to upgrade the stone, how do you better a D colored ACA. And the stone had to be fit to the setting, which I had a hand in creating, Literally. Still my go-to ring, I wear it like 90% of the time. I'll put in t on, and there it stays for months at a time, only coming off for a cleaning.

Here's some old pics of it, but it's definitely gotten plenty of 'character' in the years since these were taken. ;-)

ACA-CloseFire2.jpg

ACA-angled-croppedforPS.jpg

ACA-inChinook.jpg

ACA-DirectSun.jpg

ACA-topshot-cropped.jpg

ACA-WF-colorflash.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_3838.jpg
Love this thread! And am still in love with my ring! Am I the only one who gets all googley eyed when the sun hits your ring just right and sends sparkles everywhere? 8)
SK made my setting (with my stones) 3 years ago and I don't imagine changing it. Like others, I imagine ADDING other stones/jewelry to my wardrobe and maybe even making this ring a rhr. But I don't picture myself changing it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3838.jpg
Love this thread! And am still in love with my ring! Am I the only one who gets all googley eyed when the sun hits your ring just right and sends sparkles everywhere? 8)
SK made my setting (with my stones) 3 years ago and I don't imagine changing it. Like others, I imagine ADDING other stones/jewelry to my wardrobe and maybe even making this ring a rhr. But I don't picture myself changing it.
I remember when youhad this made!!
It’s lovely to see it again :kiss2: gorgeous!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like my e-ring (we've been married 18 years today). If I were to upgrade, I'd get the same ring only with a larger and better cut stone (I have a simple cathedral solitaire setting in platinum and the band tapers in towards the stone). It's simple and classic and I don't feel that it has gotten dated like some of my friend's more trendy rings from the late 1990's/early 2000's. I did change my wedding band though. What I disliked about it in the beginning made me even less happy as time went on (poor workmanship, a design that was not at all like the custom jeweler and I had discussed, poor fit with my e-ring). So I went with a simple pave band about 5 years ago and have not looked back. My ring is small by PS standards (0.4 ct) and not ideal cut, but it is on the larger side for solitaires in my part of the world and is sparkly when clean. Plus, it has sentimental value, having been on my finger every day of my life for the past 19+ years.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yup it's been almost a year and a half and I haven't waffled on my ring design whatsoever. I only wished that my unicorn of an antique cushion was a GIA H instead of an I but alas, faceting was much more important to me.

I do find myself yearning for a little bit of variety ala RHRs, however I tend to not wear much besides my everyday jewelry.

scf

Rough_Rock
I found my diamond before PS and part of how I found this forum was this nagging feeling that I didn't buy the best stone I could have bought. But in a really weird way I've grown quite enamored with my stone and it's perks. So over my one year or having the stone I guess I could say, loved my stone, bought the stone then disliked my stone, and come full circle (what a ride in a year!).

The setting was definitely something I lurked PS to find and I still love it! I've almost had it a year and although I love it, there's some regret. I never thought I'd think about an upgrade, so I picked my forever setting and spent up. But now I'm realizing that I am probably destined for another diamond. It's only been a year, but I'm kind of disappointed that this beautiful ring I've made will be essentially useless. I don't know when I'll get the chance to do this, hopefully it'll be much later down the line. So I guess I'll just enjoy my time with it and try not to linger in the eventual demise of something I find so, sentimental.:lol-2:
Hi there. I have not been on this site in a year or two and decided to browse. I have always preferred white gold settings, until I saw yours today. That setting is simply exquisite. So enjoy your ring and its beauty.

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Hi there. I have not been on this site in a year or two and decided to browse. I have always preferred white gold settings, until I saw yours today. That setting is simply exquisite. So enjoy your ring and its beauty.

Thank you so much!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YES! Thanks, Yssie! I knew who it was due to the setting changes, but I was not home and it was too much trouble to try to search on my phone. I appreciate your finding it!

@Tourmaline This thread is what I was talking about! I'd do this with any mrb if I wanted an OEC look.

I remember this. I don’t think I’d want an OEC with MRB proportions. Part of why I want an OEC is the architecture, including the high crown and small table.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are various rings that I've owned between a few months and a number of years. I've had these long enough and worn each of them enough to know I'll never let them go, and that I'm still completely smitten by them all.

20180906_222302.jpg

And then there are these - newer rings which will probably become life-long love affairs! If I had to say which of these might 'move on', I have to be honest and say my new halo solitaire. While I absolutely love it, this is the ring I'll let myself trade up. I've been very honest with myself and have admitted G or H colored stones are more to my taste, so we'll have to see what the future brings. It made me chuckle that all the rings in the photo are crystal clear...except for the solitaire! It's like it already knows.....

20180906_222414.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3838.jpg

LOVE this ring. :kiss2: It's yummy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So just looking at all the responses. Thanks for sharing awesome PSers. I have worn a fake step cut on and off and really like it. But I am coming back to MK. Everything about the ring is perfect. The setting is a perfect home for her. I’m the one with the problem. I take her for granted. I’m going to continue to collect some branded pieces that I wear a lot rather than keep thinking about replacing her. I think I would regret it if I did. She was showing off the other day.
4FB0A801-05D2-4361-9195-AA0CCFD7467A.jpeg 60F68BE9-BE86-49F3-8302-9FD1C0F3DCD6.jpeg DB78B0F1-0EB8-44FA-AB22-5B9AA2DEAE61.jpeg FE199F62-1BCE-4072-959D-8A36E748151B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results