shape
carat
color
clarity

My new/old Whiteflash ring is done!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Some of you kind folks helped me choose the rock, so it's only fair that I show you the resulting bling, right?

First I'm going to show you a "before" picture and give a little history. This ring started life with a marquise diamond in a 6 prong mount with high, flared lips on the sides. Within weeks of purchase I returned the marquise and put the now empty mount in a drawer because the high ridges made this ring downright painful to wear. It sat unloved and alone for a couple years before I took it to work one night when I had nothing to do except be bored. Figuring I had nothing to lose I dug out some 800 grit emory paper and started sanding those miserable ridges down. It took a couple days with the ultra-fine paper, but I really started to like what was emerging. I got it close to what you see here, minus the scratches, and took it to my jeweler to fine-tune it. I also carried in a 1 ct brown diamond I'd bought months before and really liked inspite of the poor cut. I asked if she could mount it like you see here and she did.

I wore the ring pretty much everywhere, even over here in the sandbox for 15+ years. It got beated, abused, and scratched to hades and back, and this pic was taken just days before it got sent to WF...

Top4-oldstone-croppedforPS.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I pored through Whiteflashes selection of stones that were about the same diameter of old brown, and narrowed it down to 3. I knew this time I wanted a "D" or "E" color, and had several nice ones to pick from. I posted my finalists over in RockyTalk and got voted and opinions on which to choose. The votes almost unanimously favored the same one I did, a .838 ct D-VS1 ACA.

So without further ado.........

LW-topshot-cropped.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
16.gif
wow, WF did an amazing job! I hope you''ll post some handshots! It looks buttery soft and comfortable to wear!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 6:36:33 PM
Author:Lone_Wolfe
... I dug out some 800 grit emory paper and started sanding those miserable ridges down. It took a couple days with the ultra-fine paper...
OK first, LOL at this
9.gif
That is either a lot of dedication or a very boring job to spend a few days sanding!
9.gif

And second, I LOVE the new ring and the story behind it. I think it looks wonderful with the new diamond!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow
10.gif

What a tale, and what an ending!! Fabulous!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
From an angle....

LW-angled-croppedforPS.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
And a shot they took inside a rose.
30.gif

Can''t wait to get my paws on this... or do I mean, Can''t wait to get this on my paw....
31.gif

LW-inrose-croppedforPS.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very cool!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 6:46:48 PM
Author: HappyNewLife
16.gif
wow, WF did an amazing job! I hope you''ll post some handshots! It looks buttery soft and comfortable to wear!
Thanks. They did, didn''t they? It''ll take a few weeks to get to me, but I''ll be happy to show if off. Yes, it''s the most comfortable ring you could imagine. It''s so smooth and has no way to catch on anything. I''ve worn that ring doing things and in places I probably shouldn''t admit in here. I may have to rethink that with a $4800 diamond in there....
12.gif

Here''s a better crop on the rose shot.

LW-inrose-croppedforPS-2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lone Wolf, are you a man or a woman? I think that style of ring would look great on either, but I am just curious about you!
1.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 8:18:08 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Lone Wolf, are you a man or a woman? I think that style of ring would look great on either, but I am just curious about you!
1.gif
OK, I need to change my name to something like Lady_Wolfe, don''t I? Hahahahahahahaha. We need a smiley that shows me laughing my arse off.

BTW, thank you for the compliment on the story and the ring, and also for your help back in my "Which one?" thread.
35.gif

P. S. The project started out as boredom during a slow night at work, but changed once I saw the ring emerging.
30.gif

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and very interesting story. WF did a great job!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 8:30:10 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe

Date: 4/23/2010 8:18:08 PM
1.gif
OK, I need to change my name to something like Lady_Wolfe, don''t I? Hahahahahahahaha. We need a smiley that shows me laughing my arse off.

BTW, thank you for the compliment on the story and the ring, and also for your help back in my ''Which one?'' thread.
35.gif

P. S. The project started out as boredom during a slow night at work, but changed once I saw the ring emerging.
30.gif
Or else change your avatar to a picture of a pet or a ring, that seems to distinguish the men from the women
2.gif
And there is a smiley like that I just have never figured out the little characters... there is a thread with all of them somewhere...

You are welcome! Are you deployed in the middle east? I am being nosey, but you have dropped a bunch of little tidbits of information and it makes me want to know more
4.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 9:48:41 PM

Or else change your avatar to a picture of a pet or a ring, that seems to distinguish the men from the women
2.gif
And there is a smiley like that I just have never figured out the little characters... there is a thread with all of them somewhere...

You are welcome! Are you deployed in the middle east? I am being nosey, but you have dropped a bunch of little tidbits of information and it makes me want to know more
4.gif
Hmmmm, might have to do that. I sure have some nice new pics to use, don''t I? Although I admit I''ve been partial to my Eightstar''s firescope pic.

Yes, I''m deployed to Iraq. Nasty, dusty place.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
For good measure, here''s the ASET. I''ll dig out and post the IS later, too.
35.gif

LW-84ptASETDVS2.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that is such an unusual setting - I love its fluidity

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very unique setting.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2010 8:38:10 AM
Author: oddoneout
Very unique setting.
Thanks. Here''s a "before" hand shot of it.

PerimeterRoad.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, very pretty!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful job they did! I look forward to your new handshots!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 8:11:30 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
What a wonderful job they did! I look forward to your new handshots!
So do I. I soooooo can''t wait to see the ring again. If I can figure out how to get an decent pic I''ll also do a side-by-side with a couple Eightstars just for fun.

I''ve also heard from the the folks at WF, they love this thread. Hi there!
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh nice change! I bet you''ve worn that while deployed. Isn''t that what you didn''t want to mention? And gardening and skiing etc. Ah well, enjoy it!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 10:45:54 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh nice change! I bet you've worn that while deployed. Isn't that what you didn't want to mention? And gardening and skiing etc. Ah well, enjoy it!
Thanks, I'm sure I'll like it too. Now I have to figure out what to do with an unemployed light brown diamond. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, I wore the ring here during this deployment. In fact the hand shot just a few posts up was taken here in front of a row of blast walls. We call them T-walls here. I don't ski, but I've worn the ring while riding my motorcycle, hiking, rock climbing, swimming, jumpstarting cars, fishing, and lots of gardening. I think the single worst beating I ever gave it was when I was pouring some concrete and forgot to take it off. Once I got started I realized it, but my hand had swelled and I couldn't get it off even with soap or lotion. Oh well, scatches buff out.
9.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!!! WF did an amazing job.

On a personal note my husband is also deployed right now over in the land of sand. Stay safe and god bless.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Cool and classy!

Funny, we have a 0.82 ct round ACA too.
2.gif

They Rock!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice ring Lone Wolfe!! Kudos to WF!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 11:49:23 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
beautiful ring!!! WF did an amazing job.

On a personal note my husband is also deployed right now over in the land of sand. Stay safe and god bless.

Thank you. I pray for your husband''s safe return also.

Kenny, what color is yours? Got pics? Dumb question I know, but I need a link.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 8:59:34 PM

Kenny, what color is yours? Got pics?

Our ACA is 0.82 ct E VVS1 per AGS.
There is one iddy biddy black pinpoint that I had the jeweler position next to the metal so you can barely see it at 10x, and only when you know right where to look.

aca600.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 9:48:14 PM
Author: kenny

Date: 5/7/2010 8:59:34 PM

Kenny, what color is yours? Got pics?

Our ACA is 0.82 ct E VVS1 per AGS.
Kenny, that''s beautiful! Your setting isn''t too unlike my own.
30.gif

It''s HERE!!!!!!!!!

LW-WF-OOBE.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results