Anyone Else Watching?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1484956775|4117173 said:
monarch64|1484953672|4117135 said:
JoCoJenn|1484952913|4117132 said:
monarch64|1484948970|4117081 said:
I'm sorry; do you feel bullied? Do any women here feel bullied right now? I can point you to several safe rooms. Also the "ignore" function. Perhaps you shouldn't attempt to shush other women, Joco. It cuts both ways.

I was/am NOT attempting to shush other women; I called one person out for trying to shush someone else and being a bully. Why do you insist on ignoring the facts? Did you fall & bump your head when "leaning forward"? :confused:

Elliot86|1484949075|4117083 said:
You're coming off a little kookoo-for-cocoa-puffs-obsessed with what exactly my problem is. Maybe you should start a separate post devoted to how awful I am. I'll bring play dough and cookies and we can cry about it.

:lol: :lol: That's laughable! I'm so not obsessed with your problems - you convey them clearly in your posts, so a separate thread isn't really necessary. And I'll pass on the cookies, cry and playdough; if it worked, you would have your behavior in check vs. projecting your negativity on others.

And FTR - to you both, several women have repeatedly commented about feeling 'bullied' on this forum ... by other women who are supposedly self-proclaimed "champions of women's rights". :rolleyes: Congratulations - you are NO better than Trump and the very characteristics about him and every other "misogynist" that you claim to detest.

1. I did sustain a horrible concussion at the age of 7, no memory of an entire week of my life and was told to avoid any further head injuries for the rest of my life. So yes, you're onto something there. Perhaps I have a little brain damage, yes. You happen to be ignoring my point again, though. Now let's hear your excuse.

Did you make a point? I only saw accusations. What exactly IS your point?

2. There is a huge difference between bullying and casual online ribbing or repartee/discussion. I will not be censored by any poster here, and if I feel like reacting by joking about it, I will. And let's see, women have expressed here that supporting other women is unproductive and "whining." Others have expressed that sensitive "special snowflakes" are to be mocked and laughed at for seeking safe places or searching for drug-free alternatives to anxiety/stress relief. Please PLEASE oh wise one, tell me how THAT isn't bullying. Just playground teasing, right?

Funny you mention that; when I commented once (on here) that firemen sometimes joke about things to help deal with difficult situations, I was accused of minimizing someone's feelings or something. You may have been 'ribbing', but what I inferred from Elliott's post (that I initially commented on so not sure why you're injecting yourself into it :confused: ) as well as many of her others, has been an ongoing barrage of bullying and unnecessary rudeness - period. You can make excuses for poor behavior if you want and you can laugh at it if it makes you feel better; I choose to call an azz and azz, and stand up for those who are bullied.

You AND Elliott mocked your safe spaces, playdough, etc. in this thread; not me. Stop projecting.

3. We're all hypocritical in some way, or ways, or another. Don't come at me with the word "bullying" and take away from the seriousness of that accusation. https://www.stopbullying.gov/what-is-bullying/definition/index.html

No one was 'coming at YOU' with anything; you injected yourself into the discussion, and 'assumed' the accusation, so perhaps you feel the shoe fits. I know bullying is a serious matter. Do you not believe adults can be bullied? That it only happens to school aged kids on playgrounds? Because you read it on one website?

Bro. It's really not that deep. :lol: You haven't managed to catch a single one of my points today; it's not surprising you're still trying to figure them out. :bigsmile:

umad.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1484957337|4117179 said:
Bro. It's really not that deep. :lol: You haven't managed to catch a single one of my points today; it's not surprising you're still trying to figure them out. :bigsmile:

Is JoCoJenn a man?

Don't know why, but I thought JoCoJenn was a woman.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1484957875|4117182 said:

Is JoCoJenn a man?

Don't know why, but I thought JoCoJenn was a woman.

Bro seems ambiguous to me. "Girl" or "Woman" seemed too serious. WHAT I CAN'T USE MALE PRONOUNS TO ADDRESS FEMALES KENNY? Stop censoring me!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I used to have a bumper sticker that said "My Other Ride is Your Mom." I don't discriminate about jokes, and I'm also vulgar AF.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484941614|4117000 said:
redwood66|1484941254|4116995 said:
E B|1484940031|4116988 said:
I didn't watch, but I did find this, the "repudiation of liberal ideals" in picture form to be pretty amusing:

inaugurationdiffs.jpg

He's coming into the office with a ~38.6 (average) percent approval rating. No more "fake news/polls" or doubling down. He needs to start learning from his unpopularity if he truly wants to unite the country.

Meh. Don't care about crowds or oratory prowess (that is followed by nothing). I care about results.

This is a Friday. Many Trump supporters work for a living and probably could not get the day off.

But judging by the riots, apparently others do not have to worry about that.

January 9, 2019, was a Tuesday, also a weekday workday. I guess the counter-argument is Obama voters didn't work?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you guys did it again.
SIV, the original poster, baited you all.
And you all fell for it. Gaaaaa!!!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

News stations last night reported that Trump, his speech writer, and Kellyanne Conway were writing the speech.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1484930467|4116909 said:
No.

But a pantsuit -- interesting. I wonder if that makes it easier or harder for her to be grabbed by the pvssy?

Congratulations to us. Today we become The United States of Walmart Corporation with CEO Puss-Grab at the helm.

I think I'm gonna puke.

Again.

Edited to correct familial relationship. Was having a quasi-Electra moment there and lost track of who was who!

I believe our new king was born in Kenya.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1484940031|4116988 said:
I didn't watch, but I did find this, the "repudiation of liberal ideals" in picture form to be pretty amusing:

inaugurationdiffs.jpg

He's coming into the office with a ~38.6 (average) percent approval rating. No more "fake news/polls" or doubling down. He needs to start learning from his unpopularity if he truly wants to unite the country.
You should also show the house and the senate seats in 2009 vs 2017.. :wink2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1484958190|4117189 said:
Bro seems ambiguous to me;"girl" or "woman" seemed too serious. WHAT? I CAN'T USE MALE PRONOUNS TO ADDRESS FEMALES KENNY? Stop censoring me! Related sentences should be joined by proper punctuation. Capitalization errors were corrected.

ETA: I used to have a bumper sticker that said "My Other Ride is Your Mom." I don't discriminate about jokes, and I'm also vulgar AF. It is poor form to use abbreviations that may not be universally known to all potential readers.

:naughty: :D

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1484957106|4117176 said:
ruby59|1484956375|4117166 said:
lovedogs|1484955976|4117159 said:
monarch64|1484955014|4117148 said:
JoCoJenn|1484954604|4117142 said:
monarch64|1484950293|4117102 said:
So, your situational awareness theory is based on prior acts/occurences. But your strategy for other Americans is not to hold someone accountable for their past actions because they deserve another chance? Do I have this straight?

I know you directed this to Ruby, but this is not rocket science - people generally have control over their own self, what they do, where they go, and with whom, and I can relate to situational awareness and making smart choices about those things to minimize the risk of putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation (e.g., don't walk down an unlit street alone, have your keys in your hand when walking to your car, always keep one in the chamber, etc).

We do NOT have control over someone else's actions, and when someone does wrong, commits a crime, etc., of course they should be held accountable.

But Trump was not found guilty of a crime, just like Hillary. Both leave a terrible taste in the mouth, but that doesn't warrant wishes of ill will on either.

No one is suggesting hardcore anti-Trump thumpers go to DC and hump his freakin' leg, but the non-stop 'doom and gloom', fear mongering, negativity, and crying like a two-year-old in a temper tantrum ... it doesn't help anyone, and it certainly doesn't help our country.

I am in no way condoning it, and you know it.

If a man tries to have sex with a woman and she says no, he is dead wrong. He raped her. She is right, he is wrong. But at the end of the day her life will never be the same.

That is why my way is to not put your self into that situation to begin with.

It's not rocket science, and did I bump my head. Hmm. You can twist my words around all you want to support your stance, I don't mind. I respect yours.

Situational awareness is a real slippery slope. How about women being assaulted in broad daylight on a heavily-trafficed, open, paved walking/biking trail? Never jog alone? Never leave your house? Never run without a gun? Where does it end, please? Teach your boys not to rape and stop blaming victims.

I'm genuinely confused about how Ruby is up in arms about the use of the word Pvssy, but yet feels this way:
I was also brought up in a time where women were told to not put themselves into a situation that you cannot handle. So yes, getting drunk, going home with a strange man, and then wondering why things happen a certain way, does not mean I believe in rape culture. It means that I was taught and taught my children as well, just like you do not walk home through dark alleys at night, you can not hope on blind faith that the man you went home with will have the same morals you do or is capable of exercising restraint.

And yes, that DOES mean you believe in rape culture. You are part of rape culture if you have that attitude, plain and simple.

I am in no way condoning it, and you know it.

If a man tries to have sex with a woman and she says no, he is dead wrong. He raped her. She is right, he is wrong. But at the end of the day her life will never be the same.

That is why my way is to not put your self into that situation to begin with.

My problem with your "way" is that is doesn't work. What does "not put yourself into that situation" even mean?! People get assaulted in daylight all the time, or by people they know and trust. That attitude puts blame on the victim because it assumes she (or he) put themselves into a situation and that they somehow had control over the outcome. That is my problem with your reasoning--it implies that victims can control where and when people attack them. It's a faulty and incorrect narrative that leads to victim blaming.

Would you walk down a dark alley at night? In a free society you should be able to go anywhere you want, whenever you want.

But would you?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1484937054|4116962 said:
I love the word p****. I'll use it freely. It takes the power back from asshats like Trump who try to use it in the context of controlling and domineering women. I refuse to give words like that weight for anyone to use against me, man or woman.

+10000000

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.

Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1484958958|4117200 said:
... and I'm also vulgar AF. It is poor form to use abbreviations that may not be universally known to all potential readers.

... what does AF stand for?
Are we supposed to understand the additional meaning when AF is red?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Or mayyyyyybe you just don't communicate your point/s very well. :shifty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaaawwwd you guys. Do I REALLY have to spell these things out for you? GOOGLE IT MFRS.

Just kidding "AF" stands for "as fu@k." It's a level up from, say, being sexy as hell. Kapeesh?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1484958958|4117200 said:
monarch64|1484958190|4117189 said:
Bro seems ambiguous to me;"girl" or "woman" seemed too serious. WHAT? I CAN'T USE MALE PRONOUNS TO ADDRESS FEMALES KENNY? Stop censoring me! Related sentences should be joined by proper punctuation. Capitalization errors were corrected.

ETA: I used to have a bumper sticker that said "My Other Ride is Your Mom." I don't discriminate about jokes, and I'm also vulgar AF. It is poor form to use abbreviations that may not be universally known to all potential readers.

:naughty: :D

Matata, your last line should have been: FTFY.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.

Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.

Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1484959773|4117214 said:

Or mayyyyyybe you just don't communicate your point/s very well. :shifty:

Oh, dear. You're probably right. After all, I am not a rocket scientist and I have brain damage.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a photographer.
AF stands for auto-focus.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1484960492|4117233 said:
I'm a photographer.

A photographer who doesn't text or communicate via social media, even! :naughty: :bigsmile: :saint:

By the way, where are you? I've been waiting here with "Nasty" queued up for, like, hours. I guess I will play Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody" instead. :blackeye:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1484960645|4117237 said:
I'm a photographer.

A photographer who doesn't text or communicate via social media, even! :naughty: :bigsmile: :saint:

By the way, where are you? I've been waiting here with "Nasty" queued up for, like, hours. I guess I will play Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody" instead. :blackeye:

What does using a camera have to do with the price of eggs in Ethiopia?

I'm right here ... in front of my puter.

So, post your "Nasty".
I've had a glass of cab so I'm ready for your nastiest stuff. :naughty:
Bring it on, gurl ... I mean, Bro. :bigsmile:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Deb I got to watch some other footage later and saw more of Pres. Carter. I am glad he and Rosalynn were able to come and he looks good for 92! Whatever one's opinion of him as a president, he is and always was a good man.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1484961256|4117244 said:
I'm a photographer.

So, post your "Nasty".

I wish I had a glass of cab right now. I've been plodding through work on my couch for the past 5 hours and this has been the best watercooler talk all day!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=janet+jackson+nasty

"No, my first name ain't 'baby,' it's Janet, and it's Jackson if you're nasty!"

If you really want nasty, and I mean naaaaas-TAY, find Lil Kim's "How Many Licks." :lol: Hold onto your pearls, Marge! :naughty: :errrr: :lol: :shock:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Marge, we don't hold onto our pearls.
We clutch them. :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1484962445|4117257 said:
kenny|1484961256|4117244 said:
I'm a photographer.

So, post your "Nasty".

I wish I had a glass of cab right now. I've been plodding through work on my couch for the past 5 hours and this has been the best watercooler talk all day!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=janet+jackson+nasty

"No, my first name ain't 'baby,' it's Janet, and it's Jackson if you're nasty!"

If you really want nasty, and I mean naaaaas-TAY, find Lil Kim's "How Many Licks." :lol: Hold onto your pearls, Marge! :naughty: :errrr: :lol: :shock:

How nasty are we looking to get here? Like Khia's "My Neck, My Back" or NWA "Just Don't bite it"?

Never touch the pearls just use a soft cloth :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results