shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Else Watching?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1484936612|4116956 said:
Nope. I devoted my morning to some volunteer work. Home now, haven't glanced at the tv. I'm keeping it that way until this nightmare is over.
It is b/c Obama is out of office... :devil:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1484938748|4116975 said:
Elliot86|1484936612|4116956 said:
Nope. I devoted my morning to some volunteer work. Home now, haven't glanced at the tv. I'm keeping it that way until this nightmare is over.
It is b/c Obama is out of office... :devil:

I'm not a stay at home kept person, so I must do other things to occupy my time generally but yes I am very sad the Obamas are gone.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These "protests" (read: rioting/looting/property destruction) are shameful; I have zero respect or care for these idiots; nothing "peaceful" about what I'm seeing on the news right now, so they deserve what they get.

When I worked in downtown DC, there were periodic marches by people in the streets which resulted in traffic jams and delays catching mass transit. I don't care WHAT the march was about, that is the last way to garner my support or respect for your cause - holding me up from my already hour-plus commute. I never remembered what the 'causes' were; only that the people in them were selfish & disrespectful of others.

Thank God I'm not in that mess anymore. :pray:

E B

Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch, but I did find this, the "repudiation of liberal ideals" in picture form to be pretty amusing:

inaugurationdiffs.jpg

He's coming into the office with a ~38.6 (average) percent approval rating. No more "fake news/polls" or doubling down. He needs to start learning from his unpopularity if he truly wants to unite the country.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1484939741|4116983 said:
These "protests" (read: rioting/looting/property destruction) are shameful; I have zero respect or care for these idiots; nothing "peaceful" about what I'm seeing on the news right now, so they deserve what they get.

When I worked in downtown DC, there were periodic marches by people in the streets which resulted in traffic jams and delays catching mass transit. I don't care WHAT the march was about, that is the last way to garner my support or respect for your cause - holding me up from my already hour-plus commute. I never remembered what the 'causes' were; only that the people in them were selfish & disrespectful of others.

Thank God I'm not in that mess anymore. :pray:

Yup. When you do not like something, loot. And then destroy.

I wish the stations would not give it any air time. Just makes them act crazier for the cameras.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1484940031|4116988 said:
I didn't watch, but I did find this, the "repudiation of liberal ideals" in picture form to be pretty amusing:

inaugurationdiffs.jpg

He's coming into the office with a ~38.6 (average) percent approval rating. No more "fake news/polls" or doubling down. He needs to start learning from his unpopularity if he truly wants to unite the country.

Meh. Don't care about crowds or oratory prowess (that is followed by nothing). I care about results.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Trump supporters at one checkpoint at 10th and E streets tried to thread their way past a group of self-described "anarchists." But the demonstrators locked arms and inadvertently tripped a pro-Trump couple trying to pass.

Police immediately pounced and untangled everybody, while the protesters roared "Don't touch me" and "Stop! Stop!" Nobody was arrested.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/20/anti-trump-protesters-pepper-sprayed-on-eve-of-inauguration-outs/21659109/

Typical idiots. Trip people but scream and yell when the police break it up. Wonder how many are going to start yelling police brutality.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fvck no! :angryfire:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1484941254|4116995 said:
E B|1484940031|4116988 said:

inaugurationdiffs.jpg

Meh. Don't care about crowds or oratory prowess (that is followed by nothing). I care about results.

This is a Friday. Many Trump supporters work for a living and probably could not get the day off.

But judging by the riots, apparently others do not have to worry about that.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to express my heartfelt emotion.

Fvck no! :angryfire:

screen_shot_2017-01-20_at_11.png

E B

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1484941614|4117000 said:
This is a Friday. Many Trump supporters work for a living and probably could not get the day off.

This is my favorite comeback to this. Trump supporters are all working? Thanks, Obama!

redwood: Of course results are what matters. My point is that he's now losing support from even those who voted for him three months ago now that they've had a taste of how he'll lead. Running as an anti-establishment candidate and then packing his cabinet with billionaires and politicians. Promising healthcare for all without a plan while members of his party try to backtrack, scaring the wits out of much of America dependent upon the ACA. He works for us now-- but do you think he really sees it that way?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1484941896|4117004 said:

This is my favorite comeback to this. Trump supporters are all working? Thanks, Obama!

redwood: Of course results are what matters. My point is that he's now losing support from even those who voted for him three months ago now that they've had a taste of how he'll lead. Running as an anti-establishment candidate and then packing his cabinet with billionaires and politicians. Promising healthcare for all without a plan while members of his party try to backtrack, scaring the wits out of much of America dependent upon the ACA. He works for us now-- but do you think he really sees it that way?

You gauge this by the crowd in attendance and your own opinion or some actual data? How have we had a taste of how he will lead? He was just sworn in an hour ago.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
E B|1484941896|4117004 said:

Then why did it not work for all those rioters?

Was it Obama or the personal grit of each person who was determined to become a productive member of society or not?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

presidentandmrscarter.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1484941676|4117001 said:
Ruby, you're going down a path you don't want to go down. Stay in your lane.

Who made you the forum policewoman of the discussion? :confused:

Just an observation - your negative attitude & apparent bitterness flows on this board like a tsunami when you post; it's not constructive nor polite.

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1484942049|4117005 said:
You gauge this by the crowd in attendance and your own opinion or some actual data? How have we had a taste of how he will lead? He was just sworn in an hour ago.

It's been slipping since he was elected.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/13/don...ating-is-at-a-historic-low-and-keeps-falling/

And you don't think his cabinet picks should qualify as a taste of his plans for the country? I didn't say a full picture, I said a taste. He hasn't really been any more outrageous than usual, so why the drop?

I did read that he continues to rail against the establishment. The man has six Goldman Sachs alumni in his cabinet. :lol: Remember the outrage over Hillary's GS speeches, and what they could have possibly contained? The good ol' days.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1484943074|4117017 said:

Just an observation - your negative attitude & apparent bitterness flows on this board like a tsunami when you post; it's not constructive nor polite.

:clap:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1484943402|4117019 said:
redwood66|1484942049|4117005 said:

It's been slipping since he was elected.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/13/don...ating-is-at-a-historic-low-and-keeps-falling/

And you don't think his cabinet picks should qualify as a taste of his plans for the country? I didn't say a full picture, I said a taste. He hasn't really been any more outrageous than usual, so why the drop?

I did read that he continues to rail against the establishment. The man has six Goldman Sachs alumni in his cabinet. :lol: Remember the outrage over Hillary's GS speeches, and what they could have possibly contained? The good ol' days.

I continue to be stunned over the direction education is going.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I cannot wait until his first screw-up/public failing. That speech is going to come back to haunt him many times over if he does indeed serve one complete term. I don't think I've ever heard anything so audacious in my life. Oh wait, yes I have. I've heard it every time a guy thinks he's going to get some action by promising a woman the world and telling her sweet nothings, etc. :lol: Also see: the movie Napoleon Dynamite, in which Class President candidate Summer promises the entire school free sodas and vending machine items if they'll vote for her. :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1484943613|4117023 said:
JoCoJenn|1484943074|4117017 said:

:clap:

Elliot, you can come sit by me. I appreciate your intellect, wit, and refusal to accept people's lazy attitudes about human rights. :wavey:

And JoCo, you're commiting the terrible crime of net-nannying as much as E or Ruby, so maybe have a seat yourself.

Edited to identify the correct poster! D'oh!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1484944197|4117032 said:
And JoCo, you're commiting the terrible crime of net-nannying as much as E or Ruby, so maybe have a seat yourself.

:hand: I'm just sharing my observations along with everyone else.

Or is that only allowed if I lean left? :confused:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1484944618|4117037 said:
monarch64|1484944197|4117032 said:

:hand: I'm just sharing my observations along with everyone else.

Or is that only allowed if I lean left? :confused:

You're allowed to do whatever you want within PS TOS parameters, of course. I was just pointing out the irony of people calling each other out on calling people out or policing someone else for policing. :bigsmile: :lol: (Myself included; not saying I'm never guilty of doing the same.)

I don't want to put words in Elliot's mouth, but I think she and I lean forward, actually.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch we need forward leaning people now more than ever, given that references to climate change and others socially important issues have been deleted from the White House website.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1484943958|4117029 said:
Deb, I cannot wait until his first screw-up/public failing. That speech is going to come back to haunt him many times over if he does indeed serve one complete term. I don't think I've ever heard anything so audacious in my life. Oh wait, yes I have. I've heard it every time a guy thinks he's going to get some action by promising a woman the world and telling her sweet nothings, etc. :lol: Also see: the movie Napoleon Dynamite, in which Class President candidate Summer promises the entire school free sodas and vending machine items if they'll vote for her. :lol:

Why, so you can gloat? Wouldn't you be happier to see our country come together with an improved life for everyone in our country?

That is what I hope for.

As far as his speech, get off of MSNBC. Has Maddow needed to be sedated yet?

Yes, it was dark. And even Fox admits that they may have gone in a different direction. But there were some good points in it as well.

And exactly what is wrong about putting America first? IMO, it is about time.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Why, so you can gloat? Wouldn't you be happier to see our country come together with an improved life for everyone in our country?

That is what I hope for.

Yes, it was dark. And even Fox admits that they may have gone in a different direction. But there were some good points in it as well.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484945569|4117043 said:

That is what I hope for.

You seriously crack me up every time I read one of your poorly thought out posts.

I was listening to the ceremony in the office today. I work from home several days a week, don't own a television, and only watch Netflix on my PC or iPhone. I don't know anything about either of the news sites you're talking about except that one swings left and the other right. But way to prove what they say about assumptions!

So I can gloat? Not at Trump, no. But yeah, so I can gloat about the millions of gullible 'Mericans who fall for a television "reality" show actor's b.s. Is it funny and painful at the same time? Yes. Would I like to see my fellow citizens succeed? Of course. Except for people like those I grew up having to deal with--rednecks who spat their tobacco into all the water fountains, beat up the couple African Americans in town for fun on the weekends, and referred to any imported automobile as a "rice burner." No, no I do not want to "come together" with them. I don't want to be in the same zip code as them. Nor the same country, for that matter.

I'm interested in social change, and moving forward. I'm not interested in seeing my tax dollars applied to slackers who don't want to work, but I also know from my experience that there are more in need than abusing the system.

Rachel Maddow sedated? What about Rush Limbaugh (oh that's right, he has a bit of a drug problem, doesn't he?) Plenty of talking heads need to be sedated regardless of political leaning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results