color
clarity

Anyone Else Watching?

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Tekate|1484958774|4117197 said:
Dee*Jay|1484930467|4116909 said:
No.

But a pantsuit -- interesting. I wonder if that makes it easier or harder for her to be grabbed by the pvssy?

Congratulations to us. Today we become The United States of Walmart Corporation with CEO Puss-Grab at the helm.

I think I'm gonna puke.

Again.

Edited to correct familial relationship. Was having a quasi-Electra moment there and lost track of who was who!

I believe our new king was born in Kenya.

Wasn't that the former president Obama? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Did you see the balls last night? All of the women's dresses were beautiful. At first I wasn't too sure about the ruffle on the first lady's dress, but it grew on me as the night went on. Ivanka was absolutely stunning, but I don't think she could not be. http://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/n...-trumps-inaugural-ball-dresses-photos-w462272

I loved how the President and first lady danced with members of the armed services. Also, how they kept the price for tickets to the ball at $50 so people could afford to go. I also like how they kept the number of balls they attended to 3, unlike many of the other former presidents who over indulged. He seems to be very devoted to his family and I appreciated when the Vice President, and then their children would join in on the first dance. I'm sure many will never give him a chance, but I'll pray that he leads our country into being the great country it used to be.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I hope you find these silly dresses just compensation for your rights and the rights of your friends and neighbors. :rolleyes:

And I thought the dress looked awful on her, it made her look fat and the color did nothing for her. Seriously. It made her look like a roll of rumpled paper towels.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1485018612|4117509 said:
I hope you find these silly dresses just compensation for your rights and the rights of your friends and neighbors. :rolleyes:

And I thought the dress looked awful on her, it made her look fat and the color did nothing for her. Seriously. It made her look like a roll of rumpled paper towels.

If you're not interested in fashion, that's fine, but I am. Inaugural gowns are part of history:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/first-ladies/tradition-of-the-gowns
I'm sorry that you feel the need to put down other women. I won't participate in your negativity, so have a nice day.
:wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I loved the suit she wore during the day. But I was not crazy about the gown, either. From the side, for a moment, I thought she was pregnant again.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1485019418|4117516 said:

If you're not interested in fashion, that's fine, but I am. Inaugural gowns are part of history:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/first-ladies/tradition-of-the-gowns
I'm sorry that you feel the need to put down other women. I won't participate in your negativity, so have a nice day.
:wavey:

Hate the dress, the dress is not the woman. They are two different things. Coincidentally though, also dislike the brainless woman.

Q

Queenie60

momhappy|1485017853|4117498 said:
Yes, I saw part of the ball. We went out for dinner & fun with friends and I caught some of it when we came home. I thought Melania looked gorgeous. Her dress was beautiful. I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in fashion/inaugural gowns like I am, but here's a neat slideshow on some inaugural ball gowns of the past (going all the way back to Mary Todd Lincoln):
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/fashion/first-lady-inaugural-ball-gowns-history.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Thank you for sharing this link. Beautiful gowns on all of the First Ladies.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
siv1|1485016538|4117485 said:
I loved how the President and first lady danced with members of the armed services.

I LOVED that; my favorite moment of the evening! :clap: :clap:

And I thought everyone looked absolutely lovely! The gowns were glamorous and beautiful, the men all looked handsome, and I loved watching the lighting reflect off Melania's honking ring during the dances! :love:

I take it you're NOT supporting the women's march today, considering how negatively you would opine on another woman's wardrobe choice. :roll:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1485020726|4117532 said:
Yes, I saw part of the ball. We went out for dinner & fun with friends and I caught some of it when we came home. I thought Melania looked gorgeous. Her dress was beautiful. I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in fashion/inaugural gowns like I am, but here's a neat slideshow on some inaugural ball gowns of the past (going all the way back to Mary Todd Lincoln):
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/fashion/first-lady-inaugural-ball-gowns-history.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

You're welcome =) I'm glad you enjoyed as I did.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1485021236|4117537 said:
Queenie60|1485020726|4117532 said:

You're welcome =) I'm glad you enjoyed as I did.

Yes thank you for this. Off to look at it now.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This says it all Ilander.

Trump cares so much about his family? Maybe you should take another look at the footage SIV, when Trump and Melania arrived for the inauguration. He gets out of the car and immediately walks up the steps to The Obamas. He doesnt even wait for his wife to get out of the care and walk with her. Ya, he is a real class act. He is just so considerate. SMDH

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1485023385|4117591 said:

Trump cares so much about his family? Maybe you should take another look at the footage SIV, when Trump and Melania arrived for the inauguration. He gets out of the car and immediately walks up the steps to The Obamas. He doesnt even wait for his wife to get out of the care and walk with her. Ya, he is a real class act. He is just so considerate. SMDH

Oh, please. He is a typical man. Clueless.

I still remember when I was 9 months pregnant, and huge, we were at the top of a staircase. My husband walked down them, and left me at the top. His explanation was that he walks fast and thought I wanted to do it by myself and take my time.

So I did. I waddled down them alone.

Not a first world problem.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the women looked beautiful. Is it just me, but havent all the other First Ladies also looked beautiful? Melania was a model. Did you expect her to look anything but beautiful last night.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485024298|4117605 said:

I still remember when I was 9 months pregnant, and huge, we were at the top of a staircase. My husband walked down them, and left me at the top. His explanation was that he walks fast and thought I wanted to do it by myself and take my time.

I would think Trump would be applauded by the feminists as he recognizes that his wife doesn't need a man to open the door for her. :rolleyes:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to NEVER comment on anyone's appearance, man woman old young skinny fat whatev.

It's a minefield.

I won't even comment when someone, who has announced they are on a diet, loses a lot of weight.
It may ultimately feed the sadness they'll feel if they gain it back.

If pushed I say something like, "Oh, you always look great."

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Callie - It was just meant as a light-hearted discussion about dresses/gowns.... Some of us are interested in fashion. This is a thread about the Inauguration, so the Inaugural gown is a part of that discussion. If someone prefers to talk about human rights as opposed to inaugural gowns, then that's their prerogative, but some of us don't feel that every, single discussion has to be heavy/deep...
Yes, I expected that Melania would look lovely. I have enjoyed looking at all of the First Ladies gowns (I am not a fan of Michele Obama, but thought her gowns were stunning - as was she).
I don't know much at all about Melania (except that she is a mother and used to be a model), so I don't care to comment on her IQ, nor do I care to participate in a discussion about her weight.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1485024841|4117615 said:
ruby59|1485024298|4117605 said:

I would think Trump would be applauded by the feminists as he recognizes that his wife doesn't need a man to open the door for her. :rolleyes:

Seriously? The Obamas handled the situation very graciously with Melania. I actually felt bad for her. I think most women like it when there husband are kind and considerate. I don't believe it has anything to do with being a feminist. I'm sure there was an attendant to open the door for her. Trump took off like she wasn't even there. Of course as always, it's all about him.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1485009825|4117434 said:
Dancing Fire|1484976435|4117345 said:
AGBF|1484971299|4117327 said:
I will always defend President Carter's presidency, not merely his character, so I am assuming that we will have to agree to disagree about whether he was a good president. (Dancing Fire and I did that-agreed to disagree about the matter-years ago.)

Deb :wavey:
The two things I remember well about Carter's presidency is the Iran hostage crisis and high inflations.

I remember how religious he was, and how loyal he was to his wife. A nuclear engineer and a good man.. Last thing I remember about Reagan is taxing social security and astrologers.
That was his wife... ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485010888|4117451 said:
Tekate|1485009334|4117429 said:
Owing a dollar? really.. Working WITH people to set up plans to pay.

Actually, many of the larger banks have entire departments dedicated to exactly that activity - for mortgages, car loans, credit card debt, etc. But as Redwood stated, it IS a contract. And it is the responsibility of all parties to know what they are signing and fulfill their contractual duties, and the law allows for remedy (foreclosure) when they don't. Banks aren't in business to give homes away as charity; they provide a service ... that you have the right NOT to use if you don't like it.
Yup!,...:appl: :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1485025106|4117619 said:
I try to NEVER comment on anyone's appearance, man woman old young skinny fat whatev.

It's a minefield.

I won't even comment when someone, who has announced they are on a diet, loses a lot of weight.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I remember a very old episode of the television show, "Rhoda" where the character "Phyllis" runs into Rhoda after not seeing her for a long time. (In reality the actress who played Rhoda, Valerie Harper, had lost a lot of weight and was playing a character who was supposed to be slimmer and more attractive than she had been on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".)

Phyllis, who was supposed to be a hostile, competitive, wealthy neighbor, looked at Rhoda-slimmed down after a life of chubbiness-and said, "Boy! You really dropped a ton!"

Despite being clothed as a comment lauding Rhoda's weight loss, it was so obviously hostile. ;))

Deb :read:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Not a first world problem.[/quote]

You do realize how incredibly sexist those statements are, right Ruby? What if a man said "Typical woman, clueless."?

Your husband was inconsiderate and thoughtless, not "just being a man".

Sexism, of any kind, needs to stop.

Wake up, Ruby, dear. This is the new world. It's time to leave all of that behind. Don't settle for inconsiderate.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. You wake up to the fact that not everyone thinks like you do. Nor do they have to do so.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1485030878|4117678 said:

It's a minefield.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I remember a very old episode of the television show, "Rhoda" where the character "Phyllis" runs into Rhoda after not seeing her for a long time. (In reality the actress who played Rhoda, Valerie Harper, had lost a lot of weight and was playing a character who was supposed to be slimmer and more attractive than she had been on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".)

Phyllis, who was supposed to be a hostile, competitive, wealthy neighbor, looked at Rhoda-slimmed down after a life of chubbiness-and said, "Boy! You really dropped a ton!"

Despite being clothed as a comment lauding Rhoda's weight loss, it was so obviously hostile. ;))

The entire point of the thread is to judge and comment on someone's appearance at the balls, right? Isn't that what this thread is actually for? :confused:

If dissenting opinions are not allowed, the whole thread should start with "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you". :lol:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Trump just made a speech to the CIA in which he spent most of it talking about how the media downplayed his crowd size (apparently, the camera adds 10 lbs to people but subtracts hundreds of thousands in a crowd) and now, for the upcoming press briefing, they've actually put up pictures of the inauguration crowd from a certain angle behind the podium. :lol: I kid you not.

This president's vanity could be our undoing, but until then, a constant source of amusement.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1485035749|4117732 said:
Trump just made a speech to the CIA in which he spent most of it talking about how the media downplayed his crowd size (apparently, the camera adds 10 lbs to people but subtracts hundreds of thousands in a crowd) and now, for the upcoming press briefing, they've actually put up pictures of the inauguration crowd from a certain angle behind the podium. :lol: I kid you not.

This president's vanity could be our undoing, but until then, a constant source of amusement.

Or its a response to the left's obsession with crowd size. That was who posted the pics first even here on PS.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1485035356|4117727 said:

You do realize how incredibly sexist those statements are, right Ruby? What if a man said "Typical woman, clueless."?

Your husband was inconsiderate and thoughtless, not "just being a man".

Sexism, of any kind, needs to stop.

Wake up, Ruby, dear. This is the new world. It's time to leave all of that behind. Don't settle for inconsiderate.[/quote]

The new world? Yes, I see the divorce rate.

Sorry, but in my house, it was "do not sweat the small stuff."

And 35 years later, we are still happily married.

Besides, I thought today's woman did not want any of that 1950s crap of men holding doors open for them or holding them near the elbow as they escort them around the room.

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1485036052|4117736 said:
Or its a response to the left's obsession with crowd size. That was who posted the pics first even here on PS.

It's not an obsession, it's a perfectly valid observation. And it's the perfect thing to poke him with. Something Trump has done from the beginning is exaggerate and lie about things that can easily be fact checked. He can't help it- it seems to be compulsive. People are going to start challenging him. The crowds today- the millions of women marching all over the country in opposition to him mean something. But instead of acknowledging that, even to himself, he claims more media bias, says his crowds were YUGE (he ridiculously claimed over a million), and he's a popular president with a cabinet that has the highest collective IQ ever. He's delusional, severely narcissistic, doesn't learn from his mistakes, and it's going to cost ALL of us. Not just us lefties.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1485035561|4117730 said:
AGBF|1485030878|4117678 said:

It's a minefield.

The entire point of the thread is to judge and comment on someone's appearance at the balls, right? Isn't that what this thread is actually for? :confused:

If dissenting opinions are not allowed, the whole thread should start with "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you". :lol:

No, the point of this thread was the inauguration and who was watching it (thus the subject line: "Anyone Else Watching?" that was posted yesterday morning long before the Ball even began).
The Ball was just a small part of that discussion, which led to a chat about the inaugural gown. Dissenting opinions are one thing, but saying that Melania looked fat, brainless, and awful is another thing entirely and not something I care to debate.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1485036343|4117742 said:
redwood66|1485036052|4117736 said:

It's not an obsession, it's a perfectly valid observation. And it's the perfect thing to poke him with. The crowds today- the millions of women marching all over the country in opposition to him mean something. But instead of acknowledging that, even to himself, he claims more media bias, says his crowds were YUGE (he ridiculously claimed over a million), and he's a popular president with a cabinet that has the highest collective IQ ever. He's delusional, severely narcissistic, doesn't learn from his mistakes, and it's going to cost ALL of us. Not just us lefties.

I agree it is a valid observation. As is the fact that the crowds at Obama's inaugurations were of mixed races who were "dressed in their Sunday best" while Trump's inauguration was peopled almost entirely by white people in casual attire. That is fact. This is America. We are a country made up of many different types of people and we all have a right to be here.

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results