clarity

Anyone Else Watching?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1485042576|4117803 said:
redwood66|1485042280|4117799 said:
E B|1485041563|4117789 said:
red: I agree, to an extent. But this is how to get through to him, if that's at all possible. Appeal to his vanity. Why isn't he getting the yuuuge crowds he thinks he is? He's already calling his approval ratings fake news. His own staff had to go onto CNN and give interviews to get him to listen. It's a completely new game in terms of communication with him.

When it comes to the Women's March numbers, that IS important. Significant. Should not be minimized.

I guess I just don't see force and attacks as a positive way to come to an agreement. From either side. The stark contrast of the sycophantic media during the last 8 years and the rabid dog approach toward Trump makes me distrust anything I read or hear. It has been obvious and the people see it. Polls regarding media show them very low in the eyes of the people. Yes he deserves some of the coverage because of what he says and tweets but not to the extent it has been.

But that's not what I said, and I think the distinction is important, both in terms of this convo and the way we debate here in general. Regarding this particular conversation, I said it was Trump-specific- info directed toward him, not you. This isn't just my opinion, it's the opinion of the people who are or have been closest to him. It isn't enough to just tell him, you have to show him.

To a broader point, it seems that the same thing seems to be happening now that happened during the election: jumping to Trump's defense despite someone claiming s/he didn't actually support him. Why? Because attacks on Trump seem to feel like attacks on Republicans in general, or on you and your political feelings. It isn't. It is Trump specific. He won, he now holds the highest office in the land. And when he lies, he doesn't just lie to libs, he lies to you too. Don't let him because just he has an R behind his name.

Now, there will be choice words for congressional Republicans, and plenty of them. But that's another topic(s) for another day, maybe in another forum.

And I am telling you that I agree with you that he should let this sh*t go. If he cannot will be a problem. No republican president gets the adoring crowds that a dem one does. That has been proven time and time again. I realize this fact and am fine with it because as I said before I am interested in results not popularity polls. Do you think I believe everything that comes out of his mouth? If so then you have not been following my posts for the last year. I don't give a damn whether someone agrees with my political views, obviously, because I still post in the political threads here on PS. We shall see what happens. In the mean time I will continue to be hopeful as I have always said.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it really matter if there were more people at Obama's inauguration? I say: not for our purposes here. I say this although part of me thinks so, because it renews my faith in America. It makes me recall that many people wanted the kind of change that Barack Obama brought rather than the kind of change Donald Trump has, now, brought.

But the country has changed from the days which some of us perceived as the halcyon days when we looked with hope to Obama. We have to accept that, even if we not that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. If she had a clear mandate, Trump could never have won the election. If there were not an undercurrent of anger from blue collar white men-and some women. Trump could never have won the election.

We can work to change the country from what it is now. We can put faith in the youth of our country who are much more open to homosexual marriage and the LGBT community than the older generations are. But we cannot erase what has happened. We elected Donald Trump because many, many of us wanted him in office. Arguing about it on Pricescope cannot undo it.

Deb/AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1485046277|4117831 said:
E B|1485042576|4117803 said:
redwood66|1485042280|4117799 said:
E B|1485041563|4117789 said:
red: I agree, to an extent. But this is how to get through to him, if that's at all possible. Appeal to his vanity. Why isn't he getting the yuuuge crowds he thinks he is? He's already calling his approval ratings fake news. His own staff had to go onto CNN and give interviews to get him to listen. It's a completely new game in terms of communication with him.

When it comes to the Women's March numbers, that IS important. Significant. Should not be minimized.

I guess I just don't see force and attacks as a positive way to come to an agreement. From either side. The stark contrast of the sycophantic media during the last 8 years and the rabid dog approach toward Trump makes me distrust anything I read or hear. It has been obvious and the people see it. Polls regarding media show them very low in the eyes of the people. Yes he deserves some of the coverage because of what he says and tweets but not to the extent it has been.

But that's not what I said, and I think the distinction is important, both in terms of this convo and the way we debate here in general. Regarding this particular conversation, I said it was Trump-specific- info directed toward him, not you. This isn't just my opinion, it's the opinion of the people who are or have been closest to him. It isn't enough to just tell him, you have to show him.

To a broader point, it seems that the same thing seems to be happening now that happened during the election: jumping to Trump's defense despite someone claiming s/he didn't actually support him. Why? Because attacks on Trump seem to feel like attacks on Republicans in general, or on you and your political feelings. It isn't. It is Trump specific. He won, he now holds the highest office in the land. And when he lies, he doesn't just lie to libs, he lies to you too. Don't let him because just he has an R behind his name.

Now, there will be choice words for congressional Republicans, and plenty of them. But that's another topic(s) for another day, maybe in another forum.

And I am telling you that I agree with you that he should let this sh*t go. If he cannot will be a problem. No republican president gets the adoring crowds that a dem one does. That has been proven time and time again. I realize this fact and am fine with it because as I said before I am interested in results not popularity polls. Do you think I believe everything that comes out of his mouth? If so then you have not been following my posts for the last year. I don't give a damn whether someone agrees with my political views, obviously, because I still post in the political threads here on PS. We shall see what happens. In the mean time I will continue to be hopeful as I have always said.

Red, Do you think he will be able to let this kind of stuff go? I honestly don't. If anything the past few months has shown is he chooses to focus on petty stuff instead of what's important. His constant tweets are proof. I struggle with understanding how the same people who said he was nothing but an embarrassing buffoon during the primaries are now singing his praises.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485037560|4117759 said:
iLander|1485035356|4117727 said:
You do realize how incredibly sexist those statements are, right Ruby? What if a man said "Typical woman, clueless."?

Your husband was inconsiderate and thoughtless, not "just being a man".

Sexism, of any kind, needs to stop.

Wake up, Ruby, dear. This is the new world. It's time to leave all of that behind. Don't settle for inconsiderate.

THIS right here is one of the reasons I :roll: at these feminist marches and rants about "eroding women's rights", and why these days I have more sympathy FOR men. They absolutely CAN NOT win in such a hormonally-hostile climate. Do they hold the door for a woman or risk being labeled "inconsiderate"; do they invite the female colleague to happy hour with his male colleagues (so as not to appear exclusive), or not out of fear being mistaken as hitting on her; do they carry more (literal) weight as an act of kindness because he can, or ONLY his half because 'I am woman/equality' and all'? .

You don't get it both ways. You march, chant and scream demanding equal treatment, then you (and Callie) slam a man as "inconsiderate and thoughtless" for doing the same thing he likely would have for any other man when he 'doesn't wait for the wifey.'

Lastly - don't be a "pot calling the kettle black". If a man said about a woman what YOU did about Melania in this thread, you would probably demand he be drug out to the DC mall for public lynching by the marching mob.

Jenn, IMO he was inconsiderate and thoughtless to Melania. Trust me it certainly doesn't affect me. It's his wife's problem and not mine. I'm am very happy about the large crowds that came out today for the Women's March. The last thing I would want to see happen is women taking steps backward and not move forward. I feel as though Trump wants to bring women back to 1950 and obviously I am not alone in thinking this. The Marchs today pretty much confirmed that.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie - And how would me complaining about it ad nauseam change any of that? He will or he won't. Who is singing praises? I am supporting the president because that is what I believe I should do because he is the president. And today is day one. He has already f'd up with his attention to the small crap. We will watch him and let him know when we don't agree. I have never bought into this bashing fest that has happened here on PS and on the internet/media. I don't agree with liberals on much of their platform, plain and simple. Can you understand that?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1485047495|4117839 said:
I feel as though Trump wants to bring women back to 1950 ...

Why, specifically, do you think or feel that way? Examples? Because of one tasteless comment he made 8 years ago? Because he & his wife choose for her to be a SAHM/wife? Because he called O'Donnell - who was attacking him - a pig? :confused:

If he wanted women back in the kitchen, would he have hired a woman as campaign manager (a job that is so very far from 1950s)? Employ his daughter (who he frequently showers professional praise upon for her many successes, as well as his DILs)? Would he employ thousands of women in his company?

What exactly makes you think he wants to teleport YOU back to the 50s?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes someone please answer JCJ.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485048726|4117846 said:

Why, specifically, do you think or feel that way? Examples? Because of one tasteless comment he made 8 years ago? Because he & his wife choose for her to be a SAHM/wife? Because he called O'Donnell - who was attacking him - a pig? :confused:

If he wanted women back in the kitchen, would he have hired a woman as campaign manager (a job that is so very far from 1950s)? Employ his daughter (who he frequently showers professional praise upon for her many successes, as well as his DILs)? Would he employ thousands of women in his company?

Surely you can agree that I am not the only woman to feel this way. Why do you think so many women came out to March today? The man is a misogynist. I really don't expect you to understand my point of view. We view many things quite differently. That's just a fact and I'm really not trying to get a rise out of you by saying that.

A woman's right to choose regarding her body would be my number one reason.

He said on tape he can grab women by the pussy. That is sexual assault.

The terrible remarks he makes about women's appearance. Examples, Megan Kelley, Hillary Clinton, The woman who accused him of sexual assault. He said she wasn't good looking enough for him to assault. Men who respect women do not act like this.

Women are nothing but objects to him from my point of view.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nastiest vindictive people I have met in my life have been women, not men. That is something considering who I spent my life around. I would quit my job before working in a women's prison. The military gave a talk to my sons upon arrival at each base warning them of a problem with local women who would get pregnant just to get a DOD paycheck. We've got problems in our own ranks ladies. It's not just men. JMHO.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
So much fiddling while Rome burns

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1485050865|4117855 said:

Surely you can agree that I am not the only woman to feel this way. Why do you think so many women came out to March today? The man is a misogynist. I really don't expect you to understand my point of view. We view many things quite differently. That's just a fact and I'm really not trying to get a rise out of you by saying that.

The terrible remarks he makes about women's appearance. Examples, Megan Kelley, Hillary Clinton, The woman who accused him of sexual assault. He said she wasn't good looking enough for him to assault. Men who respect women do not act like this.

Yup, because of the bolded. Because it isn't just "tasteless", it's sexual assault.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

It is absolutely incredible that any woman can look at the overall Trump picture and say, "hmm, but how can you *really* tell that he's a misogynist? Because I'm just not seeing it!"

Good God.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1485053312|4117876 said:

Bingo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1485053503|4117878 said:

It is absolutely incredible that any woman can look at the overall Trump picture and say, "hmm, but how can you *really* tell that he's a misogynist? Because I'm just not seeing it!"

Good God.

Or man. Or anyone with a brain or the ability to engage in logical thought.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lovedogs - YEP!!! (Sorry, didn't want to copy that whole thing again for my short reply, lol).

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1485053312|4117876 said:

concur

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if it burns hopefully you all have your stuff prepared for what is next. I will remain hopeful until then.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1485052055|4117865 said:
The nastiest vindictive people I have met in my life have been women, not men. That is something considering who I spent my life around. I would quit my job before working in a women's prison. The military gave a talk to my sons upon arrival at each base warning them of a problem with local women who would get pregnant just to get a DOD paycheck. We've got problems in our own ranks ladies. It's not just men. JMHO.

How does that work? Do they climb on top of themselves and get themselves pregnant?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes because everything is the man's responsibility. :rolleyes: No personal responsibility needed by women.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1485055219|4117890 said:

How does that work? Do they climb on top of themselves and get themselves pregnant?

Dang, that sounds hot!
Though it implies that women should be able to chose when they get pregnant, rather than that it is their fault IF they get pregnant.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1485055992|4117896 said:
Elliot86|1485055219|4117890 said:

Dang, that sounds hot!
Though it implies that women should be able to chose when they get pregnant, rather than that it is their fault IF they get pregnant.

In a better organized world, we would be able to choose when we get pregnant. Of course in my case, I couldn't get pregnant at all. But don't cry. If I had gotten pregnant, I wouldn't have the daughter I have now.

Deb :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Done.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
What the what :confused: :confused: :confused:
wow.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deleted

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL who are you talking to?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1485058190|4117917 said:
VL who are you talking to?

EVERYONE

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny's desperate guess: so Azstonie is mad at Redwood66 (who apparently works as a prison guard) about something from another thread (since nothing in this thread explains this level of vitriol) ???

I can't finger this out. :((

Enquiring minds want to know. :confused:

I realize lowering yourself to explaining stuff that cool people should just KNOW is not cool ... but can anyone (who doesn't mind appearing not cool) care to explain what's goin on?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1485058260|4117919 said:
Kenny's desperate guess: so Azstonie is mad at Redwood66 (who apparently works as a prison guard) about something from another thread (since nothing in this thread explains this level of vitriol) ???

I can't finger this out. :((

Enquiring minds want to know. :confused:

I realize lowering yourself to explaining stuff that cool people should just KNOW is not cool ... but can anyone (who doesn't mind appearing not cool) care to explain what's goin on?

I haven't seen anything in any thread that would explain that level of vitriol. Yes, Red does work (I think actually she used to work there but currently doesnt) as a prison guard. But I've never seen her post anything that would explain this. I think that kind of personalized attack is incredibly uncalled for, no matter what.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a bit insensitive to red to explain it to you, kenny. But the words written to her are already on the screen, so that harm is already done.

The poster who wrote that about red immediately tried to remove the posting, but two other posters (you and ruby) had already quoted the words. When I saw what had happened, I posted that two members could help (I didn't specify what they could help with) by removing their posts. Ruby saw what i wrote and removed her quotation of the offensive remarks, but you did not. You kept writing that you were confused. That's the whole story. Then red came in.

So sorry, red.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's done is done. Thanks for trying to help out. If anyone else has the same views as that person with the white dog avatar then please speak up. I need to know who to put on ignore if I even remain here at all. This kind of completely disgusting and intolerant BS is beyond reprehensible. I never post about a specific person here (except Eliot today - who has never been this nasty) because I don't think that is what a decent person does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results