Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Else Watching?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,744
StephanieLynn|1484963387|4117274 said:
monarch64|1484962445|4117257 said:
kenny|1484961256|4117244 said:
monarch64|1484960645|4117237 said:
kenny|1484960492|4117233 said:
I'm a photographer.
AF stands for auto-focus.
A photographer who doesn't text or communicate via social media, even! :naughty: :bigsmile: :saint:

By the way, where are you? I've been waiting here with "Nasty" queued up for, like, hours. I guess I will play Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody" instead. :blackeye:
What does using a camera have to do with the price of eggs in Ethiopia?

I'm right here ... in front of my puter.

So, post your "Nasty".
I've had a glass of cab so I'm ready for your nastiest stuff. :naughty:
Bring it on, gurl ... I mean, Bro. :bigsmile:
I wish I had a glass of cab right now. I've been plodding through work on my couch for the past 5 hours and this has been the best watercooler talk all day!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=janet+jackson+nasty

"No, my first name ain't 'baby,' it's Janet, and it's Jackson if you're nasty!"

If you really want nasty, and I mean naaaaas-TAY, find Lil Kim's "How Many Licks." :lol: Hold onto your pearls, Marge! :naughty: :errrr: :lol: :shock:
How nasty are we looking to get here? Like Khia's "My Neck, My Back" or NWA "Just Don't bite it"?

Never touch the pearls just use a soft cloth :lol:
Ohhhhhhhh snap! :lol: :lol: :lol: Let us not leave out some Ludacris/ I wanna lick you!

Btw, have you ever read the reviews for a certain magical personal massager by a certain Japanese company? THEY AIN'T PLAYIN'. :bigsmile:
 

StephanieLynn

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
5,346
monarch64|1484963756|4117282 said:
StephanieLynn|1484963387|4117274 said:
monarch64|1484962445|4117257 said:
kenny|1484961256|4117244 said:
monarch64|1484960645|4117237 said:
kenny|1484960492|4117233 said:
I'm a photographer.
AF stands for auto-focus.
A photographer who doesn't text or communicate via social media, even! :naughty: :bigsmile: :saint:

By the way, where are you? I've been waiting here with "Nasty" queued up for, like, hours. I guess I will play Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody" instead. :blackeye:
What does using a camera have to do with the price of eggs in Ethiopia?

I'm right here ... in front of my puter.

So, post your "Nasty".
I've had a glass of cab so I'm ready for your nastiest stuff. :naughty:
Bring it on, gurl ... I mean, Bro. :bigsmile:
I wish I had a glass of cab right now. I've been plodding through work on my couch for the past 5 hours and this has been the best watercooler talk all day!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=janet+jackson+nasty

"No, my first name ain't 'baby,' it's Janet, and it's Jackson if you're nasty!"

If you really want nasty, and I mean naaaaas-TAY, find Lil Kim's "How Many Licks." :lol: Hold onto your pearls, Marge! :naughty: :errrr: :lol: :shock:
How nasty are we looking to get here? Like Khia's "My Neck, My Back" or NWA "Just Don't bite it"?

Never touch the pearls just use a soft cloth :lol:
Ohhhhhhhh snap! :lol: :lol: :lol: Let us not leave out some Ludacris/ I wanna lick you!

Btw, have you ever read the reviews for a certain magical personal massager by a certain Japanese company? THEY AIN'T PLAYIN'. :bigsmile:

Ahhhhh, I love me some Luda. See but he is at least poetically dirty, that NWA song is just vulgar AF.

If the reviews for the personal massager are that colorful, I might be in the market for an upgrade :dance:
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
redwood66|1484959988|4117224 said:
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.
Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.
Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.
Linda Bean is a huge pariah.. steven mnuchin is horrid.. foreclosing on old people..but according to the right that's okay because they a rich... There are plenty of poor people who aren't nasty, and are treated horribly by the rich.
 

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
6,762
Tekate|1484964926|4117296 said:
redwood66|1484959988|4117224 said:
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.
Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.
Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.
Linda Bean is a huge pariah.. steven mnuchin is horrid.. foreclosing on old people..but according to the right that's okay because they a rich... There are plenty of poor people who aren't nasty, and are treated horribly by the rich.
There are bad people in every walk of life. Foreclosures? If you are not paying your bills then are the banks to just feel bad for you and let you keep living there for free? I read thousands of posts on forums of people foreclosing on purpose and bilking for as long as they could. And they were bragging about it. People who had bought 5 houses with variable interest loans and then the bottom dropped. Loans are a contract. I feel bad for those who lost their homes for whatever reason but it is still a business contract. If I lost all my income and could not pay my home loan I would not blame the bank.
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
redwood66|1484965318|4117300 said:
Tekate|1484964926|4117296 said:
redwood66|1484959988|4117224 said:
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.
Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.
Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.
Linda Bean is a huge pariah.. steven mnuchin is horrid.. foreclosing on old people..but according to the right that's okay because they a rich... There are plenty of poor people who aren't nasty, and are treated horribly by the rich.
There are bad people in every walk of life. Foreclosures? If you are not paying your bills then are the banks to just feel bad for you and let you keep living there for free? I read thousands of posts on forums of people foreclosing on purpose and bilking for as long as they could. And they were bragging about it. People who had bought 5 houses with variable interest loans and then the bottom dropped. Loans are a contract. I feel bad for those who lost their homes for whatever reason but it is still a business contract. If I lost all my income and could not pay my home loan I would not blame the bank.

I still remember in the early 90s people buying these Mc Mansions and huge SUVs with every amenity possible, variable mortgages with no money down and balloon payments. Yes some got suckered in but you have to know the majority knew what they were getting into and could not afford it. But they did it anyway. Whose fault is that?

The banks, yes partly for giving them the loans. But ultimately it is the people who agreed to them.
 

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Trade
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,284
Folks, any more name calling or vulgarity and this thread will be closed and anyone who I think was not behaving in respectful discourse will have a lovely time out. Keep it civil.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,049
ruby59|1484966023|4117304 said:
I still remember in the early 90s people buying these Mc Mansions and huge SUVs with every amenity possible, variable mortgages with no money down and balloon payments. Yes some got suckered in but you have to know the majority knew what they were getting into and could not afford it. But they did it anyway. Whose fault is that?

The banks, yes partly for giving them the loans. But ultimately it is the people who agreed to them.
Yup, blame it on everyone else but yourself... :rolleyes:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
20,740
redwood66|1484961324|4117245 said:
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.
Deb I got to watch some other footage later and saw more of Pres. Carter. I am glad he and Rosalynn were able to come and he looks good for 92! Whatever one's opinion of him as a president, he is and always was a good man.
I will always defend President Carter's presidency, not merely his character, so I am assuming that we will have to agree to disagree about whether he was a good president. (Dancing Fire and I did that-agreed to disagree about the matter-years ago.)

Nonetheless, I appreciate your your graciousness in reading my long posting and taking the time out from the fray to respond to it with a thoughtful, positive comment. I appreciate your civility and also your friendship, red.

Deb :wavey:

signofpeace.jpg
 

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
6,762
AGBF|1484971299|4117327 said:
redwood66|1484961324|4117245 said:
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.
Deb I got to watch some other footage later and saw more of Pres. Carter. I am glad he and Rosalynn were able to come and he looks good for 92! Whatever one's opinion of him as a president, he is and always was a good man.
I will always defend President Carter's presidency, not merely his character, so I am assuming that we will have to agree to disagree about whether he was a good president. (Dancing Fire and I did that-agreed to disagree about the matter-years ago.)

Nonetheless, I appreciate your your graciousness in reading my long posting and taking the time out from the fray to respond to it with a thoughtful, positive comment. I appreciate your civility and also your friendship, red.

Deb :wavey:
As I appreciate yours. I like it when someone can disagree but be civil. You also make me use my dictionary often and that is always a good thing.

:wavey:
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,049
AGBF|1484971299|4117327 said:
I will always defend President Carter's presidency, not merely his character, so I am assuming that we will have to agree to disagree about whether he was a good president. (Dancing Fire and I did that-agreed to disagree about the matter-years ago.)

Deb :wavey:
The two things I remember well about Carter's presidency is the Iran hostage crisis and high inflations.
 

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
3,969
Yes - watching every bit of it. With hope and optimism. Whether it be Democrat or Republican - I wish the best for our country. God bless America, Land that I love. The success of our President is Success for all of us. Stop your crying, weeping and loitering - "The People Have Spoken." DJT is our President - whether you like it or not. The Peaceful transfer of power.
 

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
187
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

It was nice seeing all of the former presidents show their respect for the Presidential office and the PEACEFUL transfer of power, even if they don't care for President Trump.


The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.


TO ME, that means that Obama will not give President Trump the respect that former presidents give to their successors, but will make his voice loud and clear against everything he doesn't agree with.


Deb/AGBF
:read:
 

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
187
ruby59|1484935712|4116949 said:
momhappy|1484934261|4116940 said:
Snowdrop13|1484932369|4116926 said:
Yes, but are Melania's earrings real diamonds 'cos they're gigantic, and what was in that huge Tiffany box she gave Michelle?? :devil:
I saw the Tiffany box sitting in the back seat of the Suburban before they left :D I wonder what was in it :think: Maybe a silver picture frame?
Apparently, it's a tradition:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8619560/melania-trump-tiffanys-michelle-obama/

One thing I can say about the Obamas - they have a genuine deep love for each other and it is beautiful to see.

And Trumps grandchildren are so cute.
Ruby, that's about the only nice thing I can say about the Obama's too.

President Trumps grandkids are adorable. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
redwood66|1484965318|4117300 said:
Tekate|1484964926|4117296 said:
redwood66|1484959988|4117224 said:
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.
Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.
Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.
Linda Bean is a huge pariah.. steven mnuchin is horrid.. foreclosing on old people..but according to the right that's okay because they a rich... There are plenty of poor people who aren't nasty, and are treated horribly by the rich.
There are bad people in every walk of life. Foreclosures? If you are not paying your bills then are the banks to just feel bad for you and let you keep living there for free? I read thousands of posts on forums of people foreclosing on purpose and bilking for as long as they could. And they were bragging about it. People who had bought 5 houses with variable interest loans and then the bottom dropped. Loans are a contract. I feel bad for those who lost their homes for whatever reason but it is still a business contract. If I lost all my income and could not pay my home loan I would not blame the bank.
Owing a dollar? really.. Working WITH people to set up plans to pay.. So be happy that people are thrown out of their homes in the worst recession since 1929, I can't share your glee.
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
siv1|1485008695|4117423 said:
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

It was nice seeing all of the former presidents show their respect for the Presidential office and the PEACEFUL transfer of power, even if they don't care for President Trump.


The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.


TO ME, that means that Obama will not give President Trump the respect that former presidents give to their successors, but will make his voice loud and clear against everything he doesn't agree with.


Deb/AGBF
:read:
As the leader, at this time, of the democratic party, he has every right to say whatever he wants. As Trump is an illegitimate president I still consider Obama my president. When Humpty Trumpty does something about the election and how Clinton was undermined then maybe I will give Trump a thought.. right now, he's a buffoon.
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
Dancing Fire|1484976435|4117345 said:
AGBF|1484971299|4117327 said:
I will always defend President Carter's presidency, not merely his character, so I am assuming that we will have to agree to disagree about whether he was a good president. (Dancing Fire and I did that-agreed to disagree about the matter-years ago.)

Deb :wavey:
The two things I remember well about Carter's presidency is the Iran hostage crisis and high inflations.
I remember how religious he was, and how loyal he was to his wife. A nuclear engineer and a good man.. Last thing I remember about Reagan is taxing social security and astrologers.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Queenie60|1484984379|4117362 said:
Yes - watching every bit of it. With hope and optimism. Whether it be Democrat or Republican - I wish the best for our country. God bless America, Land that I love. The success of our President is Success for all of us. Stop your crying, weeping and loitering - "The People Have Spoken." DJT is our President - whether you like it or not. The Peaceful transfer of power.
Thank you for this, Queenie. I share your sentiment and wish our country the best. Neither candidate would have been my choice, but obviously someone had to win and like it or not, they are my president. The worst part for me has been watching how the hate and intolerance has consumed those who claim to protest it :(( :nono:
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
Tekate|1485009503|4117431 said:
siv1|1485008695|4117423 said:
AGBF|1484943019|4117015 said:
I hadn't planned to watch, but I am, apparently, an incurable news junkie. I was absolutely riveted and was angry whenever anything pulled me away (and things did, like the visiting nurse coming for my father and then my daughter needing me to drive her to a doctor's appointment).

I was interested in everything. Before I saw who was coming, I noticed the marine guard lifting their rifles (I have no idea what the correct term is for that) as they do only when a president is about to walk in front of them.It turned out to be Jimmy Carter, and I was so moved to see him with Rosalynn! The commentator spoke about what an example he had been in his life post-presidency and how much good his foundation had done. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the ceremony, as much as the camera would allow. I watched how many people greeted and kissed him, how well-loved he was.

It was nice seeing all of the former presidents show their respect for the Presidential office and the PEACEFUL transfer of power, even if they don't care for President Trump.


The sartorial choices of the trump family do not worry me very much. I thought Melania looked lovely. (But why wouldn't she? She is a former model.) Commentators said she was "channeling Jackie Kennedy" with her suit. I agree and think it was a great fashion decision. Ivanka, whom I also think is beautiful, looked great, too. In fact, I appreciated the clothing of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I admired the two layers of cream with the red plaid scarves! And I loved the music. Especially The Missouri State Chorale. (I believe that is the group that performed first.)

What I really hated-only I cannot say I hated it because it was a huge source of amusement to me-was Donald Trump's post-inaugural speech. had I been sitting down, I might have fallen off my chair in surprise. I thought they were going to make him use a teleprompter. Surely that speech couldn't have been vetted by anyone with common sense! It was self-aggrandizing; full of promises to the common man he would have no way of knowing he could fulfill, and (from the look of the billionaires he is attempting to nominate for cabinet posts has no desire ever to fulfill); and completely ego-centric. It was the antithesis of President Kennedy's inaugural speech which asked people to rally to the aid of their country and which put no emphasis on himself. I thought Trump looked ridiculous, like a buffoon. But then, Donald Trump is no John Kennedy.

I give thanks that as President Obama said in a small impromptu farewell speech at Andrews Air Force Base, this is not a period, but a comma in our history.


TO ME, that means that Obama will not give President Trump the respect that former presidents give to their successors, but will make his voice loud and clear against everything he doesn't agree with.


Deb/AGBF
:read:
As the leader, at this time, of the democratic party, he has every right to say whatever he wants. As Trump is an illegitimate president I still consider Obama my president. When Humpty Trumpty does something about the election and how Clinton was undermined then maybe I will give Trump a thought.. right now, he's a buffoon.
Obama is yesterday's news. Hopefully, the historians will be kind to him, but I doubt it.

And if you are worried about how Clinton was undermined, think how Bernie Sanders and his followers must feel.
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
Dancing Fire|1484968923|4117319 said:
ruby59|1484966023|4117304 said:
I still remember in the early 90s people buying these Mc Mansions and huge SUVs with every amenity possible, variable mortgages with no money down and balloon payments. Yes some got suckered in but you have to know the majority knew what they were getting into and could not afford it. But they did it anyway. Whose fault is that?

The banks, yes partly for giving them the loans. But ultimately it is the people who agreed to them.
Yup, blame it on everyone else but yourself... :rolleyes:
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americas-foreclosure-crisis-isnt-over/

It isn't true that the majority got in over their heads, people lost their jobs, the banks screwed people..

:( :wall: :wall:
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
momhappy|1485009849|4117436 said:
Queenie60|1484984379|4117362 said:
Yes - watching every bit of it. With hope and optimism. Whether it be Democrat or Republican - I wish the best for our country. God bless America, Land that I love. The success of our President is Success for all of us. Stop your crying, weeping and loitering - "The People Have Spoken." DJT is our President - whether you like it or not. The Peaceful transfer of power.
Thank you for this, Queenie. I share your sentiment and wish our country the best. Neither candidate would have been my choice, but obviously someone had to win and like it or not, they are my president. The worst part for me has been watching how the hate and intolerance has consumed those who claim to protest it :(( :nono:



I felt the SAME WAY after Obama won.. the hate, the racism.. the anger, the fear and the lies about him.. I lived through 8 years of it, so you too can live through how you feel.
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
Tekate|1485010106|4117439 said:
Dancing Fire|1484968923|4117319 said:
ruby59|1484966023|4117304 said:
I still remember in the early 90s people buying these Mc Mansions and huge SUVs with every amenity possible, variable mortgages with no money down and balloon payments. Yes some got suckered in but you have to know the majority knew what they were getting into and could not afford it. But they did it anyway. Whose fault is that?

The banks, yes partly for giving them the loans. But ultimately it is the people who agreed to them.
Yup, blame it on everyone else but yourself... :rolleyes:
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americas-foreclosure-crisis-isnt-over/

It isn't true that the majority got in over their heads, people lost their jobs, the banks screwed people..

:( :wall: :wall:
People got greedy and screwed themselves.
 

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,378
ruby59|1484966023|4117304 said:
redwood66|1484965318|4117300 said:
Tekate|1484964926|4117296 said:
redwood66|1484959988|4117224 said:
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.
Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.
Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.
Linda Bean is a huge pariah.. steven mnuchin is horrid.. foreclosing on old people..but according to the right that's okay because they a rich... There are plenty of poor people who aren't nasty, and are treated horribly by the rich.
There are bad people in every walk of life. Foreclosures? If you are not paying your bills then are the banks to just feel bad for you and let you keep living there for free? I read thousands of posts on forums of people foreclosing on purpose and bilking for as long as they could. And they were bragging about it. People who had bought 5 houses with variable interest loans and then the bottom dropped. Loans are a contract. I feel bad for those who lost their homes for whatever reason but it is still a business contract. If I lost all my income and could not pay my home loan I would not blame the bank.
I still remember in the early 90s people buying these Mc Mansions and huge SUVs with every amenity possible, variable mortgages with no money down and balloon payments. Yes some got suckered in but you have to know the majority knew what they were getting into and could not afford it. But they did it anyway. Whose fault is that?

The banks, yes partly for giving them the loans. But ultimately it is the people who agreed to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

Really, you have pointers on this? Many people getting balloon mortgages? I only knew one person who ever had a balloon mortgage and they were never in over their head, where is this that you remember so well???
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
Tekate|1485010192|4117440 said:
momhappy|1485009849|4117436 said:
Queenie60|1484984379|4117362 said:
Yes - watching every bit of it. With hope and optimism. Whether it be Democrat or Republican - I wish the best for our country. God bless America, Land that I love. The success of our President is Success for all of us. Stop your crying, weeping and loitering - "The People Have Spoken." DJT is our President - whether you like it or not. The Peaceful transfer of power.
Thank you for this, Queenie. I share your sentiment and wish our country the best. Neither candidate would have been my choice, but obviously someone had to win and like it or not, they are my president. The worst part for me has been watching how the hate and intolerance has consumed those who claim to protest it :(( :nono:



I felt the SAME WAY after Obama won.. the hate, the racism.. the anger, the fear and the lies about him.. I lived through 8 years of it, so you too can live through how you feel.
So two wrongs make a right? Nice.

I have been here right through Obama's election and on this board it was not nearly as nasty as what is happening now.

If you encountered a a lot of hate elsewhere, why bring it here and blame people on this board for it.
 

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
5,962
Tekate|1485009334|4117429 said:
Owing a dollar? really.. Working WITH people to set up plans to pay.
Actually, many of the larger banks have entire departments dedicated to exactly that activity - for mortgages, car loans, credit card debt, etc. But as Redwood stated, it IS a contract. And it is the responsibility of all parties to know what they are signing and fulfill their contractual duties, and the law allows for remedy (foreclosure) when they don't. Banks aren't in business to give homes away as charity; they provide a service ... that you have the right NOT to use if you don't like it.
 

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
187
ruby59|1484946709|4117058 said:
redwood66|1484945818|4117049 said:
Did you see the story last night?

Apparently it was family night for one rioter and they even let their kids start their own fire.

Yes I heard it on Fox but I saw it with my own eyes.

Ruby,
I am beginning to understand WHY the democrats act the way they do. Their Favorite news source ....Huffington Post....ENCOURAGES violence and thinks it's funny to teach their children to disrespect others AND OUR COUNTRY


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kid-fire-donald-trump-protest_us_5881fa1fe4b070d8cad1e7d1?section=us_politics
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
Tekate|1485010320|4117444 said:
ruby59|1484966023|4117304 said:
redwood66|1484965318|4117300 said:
Tekate|1484964926|4117296 said:
redwood66|1484959988|4117224 said:
Tekate|1484959511|4117210 said:
redwood66|1484938743|4116974 said:
I watched the whole thing. Melania was lovely and I loved her suit with the matching shoes and coat. I liked Ivanka's suit also. The speech was to the people and was equally disparaging of all responsible parties in DC, dems and repubs. Good for him and expresses my feelings of concern to those elected leaders who do not have our best interests in mind. Hopefully he can actually do something about the elite political class.
Elite political class? what about the elite rich class that does nothing for anyone? which includes Humpty Trumpty.
Gee if they are business owners then they employ people. Since when is being rich the same as being pariah? There are plenty of nasty poor people but according to the left they have an excuse.
Linda Bean is a huge pariah.. steven mnuchin is horrid.. foreclosing on old people..but according to the right that's okay because they a rich... There are plenty of poor people who aren't nasty, and are treated horribly by the rich.
There are bad people in every walk of life. Foreclosures? If you are not paying your bills then are the banks to just feel bad for you and let you keep living there for free? I read thousands of posts on forums of people foreclosing on purpose and bilking for as long as they could. And they were bragging about it. People who had bought 5 houses with variable interest loans and then the bottom dropped. Loans are a contract. I feel bad for those who lost their homes for whatever reason but it is still a business contract. If I lost all my income and could not pay my home loan I would not blame the bank.
I still remember in the early 90s people buying these Mc Mansions and huge SUVs with every amenity possible, variable mortgages with no money down and balloon payments. Yes some got suckered in but you have to know the majority knew what they were getting into and could not afford it. But they did it anyway. Whose fault is that?

The banks, yes partly for giving them the loans. But ultimately it is the people who agreed to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

Really, you have pointers on this? Many people getting balloon mortgages? I only knew one person who ever had a balloon mortgage and they were never in over their head, where is this that you remember so well???
How old are you? Well I lived through that period as an adult. I saw the pages of foreclosure listings in my newspaper and the signs on people's lawns and the daily lament on the news.

I heart about it from friends, acquaintances, people at my temple, and parents at my kids' schools.

When the bubble broke, they were left with houses worth less then the mortgage on them.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Tekate|1485010192|4117440 said:
momhappy|1485009849|4117436 said:
Queenie60|1484984379|4117362 said:
Yes - watching every bit of it. With hope and optimism. Whether it be Democrat or Republican - I wish the best for our country. God bless America, Land that I love. The success of our President is Success for all of us. Stop your crying, weeping and loitering - "The People Have Spoken." DJT is our President - whether you like it or not. The Peaceful transfer of power.
Thank you for this, Queenie. I share your sentiment and wish our country the best. Neither candidate would have been my choice, but obviously someone had to win and like it or not, they are my president. The worst part for me has been watching how the hate and intolerance has consumed those who claim to protest it :(( :nono:



I felt the SAME WAY after Obama won.. the hate, the racism.. the anger, the fear and the lies about him.. I lived through 8 years of it, so you too can live through how you feel.
I'm not sure what you mean, so I don't know that you do feel the same way....
I was referring to the folks who call Trump supporters hateful and intolerant, who have themselves become hateful and intolerant, but refuse to acknowledge it.

And as far as living through a presidency, yes, we have all lived through various presidents throughout our lifetimes and will continue to do so. Obviously, I lived through 8 years of Obama too - I was not a fan of him or many of his policies, but I have taken it in stride because it's all part of the process. I don't even really have anything unkind to say about Obama because he genuinely seems like a nice guy. However, in terms of a president, he was not my cup of tea and I'm optimistic to see change.
 

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
187
monarch64|1484948174|4117073 said:
ruby59|1484947867|4117071 said:
Elliot86|1484947716|4117069 said:
JoCoJenn|1484946843|4117060 said:
monarch64|1484944863|4117038 said:
You're allowed to do whatever you want within PS TOS parameters, of course. I was just pointing out the irony of people calling each other out on calling people out or policing someone else for policing. :bigsmile: :lol: (Myself included; not saying I'm never guilty of doing the same.)

I don't want to put words in Elliot's mouth, but I think she and I lean forward, actually.
FTR/to be factual, Elliott is the one who attempted to police someone ... I suppose because she didn't like appearing hypocritical.

I don't care what direction someone leans; her rudeness wasn't warranted. And it certainly doesn't spark my interest or concern for whatever someone's cause or position is (when they constantly resort to being so negative toward others) because it reflects ON that cause.
Other people pointed out far more forcefully how wildly inappropriate Ruby59's comment was. You singled me out because you don't like me. I continue not to care.
As a woman I find the P*ssy word inappropriate. How is that any different?
Hmm. Then, as a woman, shouldn't you find it inappropriate to constantly say on this site that we should all give DJT a chance? When he has said these things about women? I'd think your morals wouldn't extend to pleading a case for someone whose own don't match up with yours at all. AT ALL.
Monarch.
Do you know WHEN President Trump said this? Believe it or not, there is something I call "Locker room talk". Most men, and now days women engage, or have engaged in it. That DOES NOT mean it ACTUALLY happened. Many people stretch the truth. And if this was 10+ years ago, times were different. I'm sure you have things you have said in the past that you weren't proud of.
 

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
187
ruby59|1484948452|4117074 said:
monarch64|1484948174|4117073 said:
ruby59|1484947867|4117071 said:
Elliot86|1484947716|4117069 said:
JoCoJenn|1484946843|4117060 said:
monarch64|1484944863|4117038 said:
You're allowed to do whatever you want within PS TOS parameters, of course. I was just pointing out the irony of people calling each other out on calling people out or policing someone else for policing. :bigsmile: :lol: (Myself included; not saying I'm never guilty of doing the same.)

I don't want to put words in Elliot's mouth, but I think she and I lean forward, actually.
FTR/to be factual, Elliott is the one who attempted to police someone ... I suppose because she didn't like appearing hypocritical.

I don't care what direction someone leans; her rudeness wasn't warranted. And it certainly doesn't spark my interest or concern for whatever someone's cause or position is (when they constantly resort to being so negative toward others) because it reflects ON that cause.
Other people pointed out far more forcefully how wildly inappropriate Ruby59's comment was. You singled me out because you don't like me. I continue not to care.
As a woman I find the P*ssy word inappropriate. How is that any different?
Hmm. Then, as a woman, shouldn't you find it inappropriate to constantly say on this site that we should all give DJT a chance? When he has said these things about women? I'd think your morals wouldn't extend to pleading a case for someone whose own don't match up with yours at all. AT ALL.
And that is why I did not vote for President. I did not like either one of them.

I said it before and I will say it again, I found what Trump said to be utterly disgusting.

But the difference is he is no longer using that language, at least not that I can see or hear.

So what is the point of you women continuing to use it especially when you can see it is distressing to other women?

As far as giving Trump a chance, it is done, he is President. And if he is a sh*t show I will be the first one here saying so.

But since he is President, I would much rather he help the citizens of our country then to make their lives worse? What person would want him to fail just to prove a point?



Thank you for giving President Trump a chance. I did vote for him because I believe he wants the best for the country. It's disturbing that so many people want to see him fail. To me, they are saying they want the COUNTRY to fail. Then, that makes me wonder how many of them are illegally in the country, since the Same ones seem to be against border control. :think: :think: :think: :think:
 

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
187
stracci2000|1484958678|4117195 said:
Well, you guys did it again.
SIV, the original poster, baited you all.
And you all fell for it. Gaaaaa!!!!!


How did I "bait" anyone? I asked a simple question if anyone was watching the inauguration. Some people can't answer simple questions or stay on topic. They have to spin it. That is not my problem, it's theirs.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top