shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody wanna do a 30 day shred with me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:44:43 AM
Author: shertz1981
I did Shred last night after consuming, er, four glasses of sangria. Maybe not the smartest thing I ever did, but I''ve done it enough times through that the moves are pretty familiar. I did sub in boxing for jumping jacks, though.

I had 2 glasses of wine after the Shred
3.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Alcohol is yummy both pre- and post-Shred!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:21:19 AM
Author: shertz1981
Alcohol is yummy both pre- and post-Shred!
Hear hear!
41.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Rockstar jumps??? I cannot even fathom what the heck they are??? I''m still on Level 2....

Hmmm...do I pick up a coupla boozy groupies, and El Kabong a guitar?
9.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/21/2010 9:41:27 PM
Author: megumic
Okay, 7 days down - 23 to go. I haven''t lost one single ounce, but I''m feeling a little tighter. (Reminds me of Knocked Up where her TV associate talks about ''just tighten, just tighten right back up!'')

I could have sworn I lost something, my saddlebags look like they are nearly gone! But, I didn''t lose any weight in 7 days or any inches! It''s frustrating but I *think* I look better so I will keep it up.

I haven''t missed a day, so I''m on DAY 9 today! I have been feeling that the 5 pound weights are not doing so much anymore so last night I moved to 7--eeeouch!! I am feeling it today so I will remain at 5 to conserve energy for Level 2
24.gif

Octavia--big ditto on not slacking off. This is the third time I have consistently done the Shred and I kick myself for not maintaining it. It is so frustrating to struggle at level 1 when a few months ago I was flying through level 3!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:09:44 PM
Author: shimmer

I could have sworn I lost something, my saddlebags look like they are nearly gone! But, I didn''t lose any weight in 7 days or any inches! It''s frustrating but I *think* I look better so I will keep it up.

I haven''t missed a day, so I''m on DAY 9 today! I have been feeling that the 5 pound weights are not doing so much anymore so last night I moved to 7--eeeouch!! I am feeling it today so I will remain at 5 to conserve energy for Level 2
24.gif

Octavia--big ditto on not slacking off. This is the third time I have consistently done the Shred and I kick myself for not maintaining it. It is so frustrating to struggle at level 1 when a few months ago I was flying through level 3!
Simmer: You are my inspiration.

I am a bad little shredder
7.gif
. I have kinda slacked the last couple days with the shredding in place of my runs. But, I am pledging to get back on it TONIGHT, no excuses (even another run). So, Day 8, Level 1, here I come!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:03:15 PM
Author: Vancity
Rockstar jumps??? I cannot even fathom what the heck they are??? I''m still on Level 2....

Hmmm...do I pick up a coupla boozy groupies, and El Kabong a guitar?
9.gif
You don''t want to know, believe me.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Okay, rough day at work. Fortunately, I shredded this morning. Had to call BGD and plan a project
11.gif
due to excessively bad day.

I seriously think I know ALL the crazy people on EARTH. At any rate, I am sitting on the sofa typing this, just drank a beer, contemplating a glass of wine. Heating pad on my ankles. Oh, yeah, can we talk about the lovely little, okay, not little, LOUD, cracking noise my right shoulder now makes when I do any kind of rowing type of movement. WTF? I''m old now?
29.gif

Do you think Jillian knows she is turning us into alcoholics? Isn''t that abuse in some way or other?

Oh, and, I am now officially 60 days away from my wedding day. Whoa.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:58:33 PM
Author: beadchick
Okay, rough day at work. Fortunately, I shredded this morning. Had to call BGD and plan a project
11.gif

I seriously think I know ALL the crazy people on EARTH. At any rate, I am sitting on the sofa typing this, just drank a beer, contemplating a glass of wine. Heating pad on my ankles. Oh, yeah, can we talk about the lovely little, okay, not little, LOUD, cracking noise my right shoulder now makes when I do any kind of rowing type of movement. WTF? I''m old now?
29.gif

Do you think Jillian knows she is turning us into alcoholics? Isn''t that abuse in some way or other?

I''m dying of laughter over here, this is exactly what I was thinking .. I''m heading over to the kitchen to grab some wine right now!
18.gif

I did some powerwalking type of stuff for 40 minutes with my dogs, and then did the Shred, level 1 again. To say I''m exhausted right now would be a serious understatement
14.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
So far, I have managed to resist the lure of the bottle...that being said, I''m making sure the champagne is properly chilled for the Rockstar Jumps
9.gif

I''ve just stood in a cold shower for about 10 mins, and my face is still the colour of a hothouse tomato
3.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
So, I did two days of Shred and one of Quick Trouble Zones, then Shredded again tonight. I''m feeling pretty good, so I think I''m going to keep up this pattern. Some of the moves in the QTZ workout are killers, but there''s no cardio portion of the circuit so it actually seemed a bit easier to me. I REALLY need the ab workout, though, since I need to shave off an inch so I can fit in my watermelon BM dress without...well...being shaped like a watermelon, too.
20.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:58:33 PM
Author: beadchick
11.gif

29.gif

ME TOO! I thought something was wrong with me. But it''s my left shoulder. Day 5 of the shred, Level 2, I hate the plank stuff....it makes me what to punch Jillian. Tonight, gym and then more Shredding. I too must admit, I had a beer and a glass of wine last night. Jillian is making me into an alcoholic.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in for the alcy club too. I had a very nice glass of wine last night with dinner after my shred...

So, I am back on the wagon now. I did day 8, Level 1 of Shred last night, then got up this morning and did day 9, Level 1 again b/c I am going running this afternoon. One more day of Level 1 and onto Level 2. Woohoo for moving forward!
36.gif

So who is still hanging in there?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 10:07:50 AM
Author: dcgator
Count me in for the alcy club too. I had a very nice glass of wine last night with dinner after my shred...

So, I am back on the wagon now. I did day 8, Level 1 of Shred last night, then got up this morning and did day 9, Level 1 again b/c I am going running this afternoon. One more day of Level 1 and onto Level 2. Woohoo for moving forward!
36.gif

So who is still hanging in there?
I''m still hanging!

Ok, so I totally saw Natalie cheating in level 1. WTF lady, if YOU can''t do level 1, how do you think I can?! I don''t think she realized the camera was still on her .. it was during the bicep curl+lunge combination move.

I really admire you ladies that are doing this for 30 days straight, but I''ve always heard you''re not supposed to work out the same muscles 2 days in a row. Personally, I''m trying to go more for a lifestyle change as opposed to just 30 days of working out, and then going back to my old ways, so I''m taking it a bit slower.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the Shred is frying my brain... I''m actually on Day 11 today! So excited to start Level 2, L1 is getting really annoying
32.gif

Does anyone notice sometimes you are just going through the motions and not really focusing as it gets easier? I''m so bad at that!

Also, the first cardio interval is so hard on my legs--it feels like they are not warmed up enough or there is not enough blood and it is a struggle to get them to move properly (I sound crazy, I know!). By the last cardio I feel fine, which is weird b/c it has the same moves so I know that is not the problem. Oh well, L1 is DONE!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Did three days of Level 1 this week. If I can''t muster up enough Shred energy tonight, I am going to just use a stepper and do some weight work, feeling a little rough with the monthly girl stuff.

I just ordered a Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD by Jillian, and I saw she has a new Yoga DVD that came out this month. I ordered that one too. Has anyone tried it yet?

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Hallelujah...Day 15 done...hallf way there!
9.gif

Only 15 more "heart gargling" days to go
3.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2010 8:12:42 PM
Author: equestrienne
Did three days of Level 1 this week. If I can't muster up enough Shred energy tonight, I am going to just use a stepper and do some weight work, feeling a little rough with the monthly girl stuff.

I just ordered a Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD by Jillian, and I saw she has a new Yoga DVD that came out this month. I ordered that one too. Has anyone tried it yet?

I'm so glad you mentioned this! I've been looking to increase my flexibility with yoga or pilates, so glad Jillian has one now!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
FI did level 2 with me today. He''s in pretty good shape and played college lax for a D1 team, but he sure was sucking wind and cheating right along with Natalie!!!

20 days to go!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
The hardest part is starting right? right?
2.gif
So, despite having the dvd for a week, I had a ton of stuff going on and excuses as to why I couldn''t start sooner. But this morning, I rolled out of bed and just finished level one.

I knew not to be too surprised by how lax I''ve become by all of your posts. Still, cardio has never been my thing. Clearly that needs to change as I''m a year away from 30! and watching the scale go up.

So, despite wondering about 3 different times, "are we done yet?" before we were...I liked it! I thought there was a little too much talk, but thought she seemed pretty motivational.

The next continuity challenge is going to be next week...I''m going to Istanbul for 5 days. Right now, I imagine bringing my laptop and dvd and doing it in the hotel first thing in the morning, but really? working out on vacation? We shall see...

Oh, and my adorable little house bunny loves to play with me while I''m working out on the floor. Especially the crunches, he runs from my head to my arms and does a little bunny dance.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you, mayachel (and your little bunny
9.gif
) for rolling out of bed to Shred!
9.gif

For motivation, I decided to record what I look like while working out..mostly to see if I was doing the moves correctly....

Ooooooooooooooh... just watched the tape....it wasn''t pretty, girls....the worst, was when I was going from the floor to a standing pose and vice versa.

I''ve seen more graceful hippo''s at the zoo!
3.gif

Remind me again why we''re torturing ourselves this way?!
9.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 9:07:00 PM
Author: Vancity
Congrats to you, mayachel (and your little bunny
9.gif
) for rolling out of bed to Shred!
9.gif

For motivation, I decided to record what I look like while working out..mostly to see if I was doing the moves correctly....

Ooooooooooooooh... just watched the tape....it wasn''t pretty, girls....the worst, was when I was going from the floor to a standing pose and vice versa.

I''ve seen more graceful hippo''s at the zoo!
3.gif

Remind me again why we''re torturing ourselves this way?!
9.gif

Vancity,

OMG, you crack me up! And I''m sure you looked lovely as you fell onto the ground to engage in yet another horrible, annoying Jillian move
2.gif

As for reminding you why we are doing this, you will have to check with someone else, I am just trying to stick to come hell or high water.

For me, I hit Day 11, Level 2 this morning. Now, I have done Level 2 many times before, but after doing Level 1 for a while, I seem to have forgotten about it. Now I remember that I hate it. And my favorite quote, "If Natalie can do it, so can you"...B.S. SHE CHEATS, that does not inspire me.
11.gif

Anyway, I intend on at least doing one of the two weekend days this weekend.

Carry on shredders!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Mayachel, too funny about your bunny. My cat HATES it when I exercise, he tries to bat at my legs and sniff at the weights...while I''m using them. Or he''ll sit directly behind me and meow at me. It''s so distracting because I have to try not to hurt him while I''m huffing and puffing like a madwoman!

Something was wrong with my Comcast yesterday and I couldn''t access the On Demand menu, so I did Shred Level 1 more or less from memory. I don''t think I got the timing quite right, I just counted 30 reps for most things (or 15/20 for moves that took a little longer). But at least I tried, right? Today, I did QTZ again and almost died during 1) chest presses with leg raises, and 2) the Surrender move. But my jeans do feel a tiny bit looser already, so I''ll keep on keeping on.

Weirdly, I actually like Jillian. I''ve always hated workout videos because I really dislike the trainers, but (unexpectedly) she doesn''t bug me at all.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I took two days off the Shred this week (naughty). Just couldn''t muster up the energy for it these last two nights. I did work out with Jillian today, though. I got the Yoga Meltdown DVD in the mail from Amazon today and I was excited to try it out.

Review for those who are interested (shimmer): Jillian looks leaner in this yoga workout than in her other videos, looks like practicing yoga is working for her? The DVD has two 30 minute workouts and I did the first one. The workouts pair traditional yoga poses with some of Jillian''s dynamic movements to burn fat. I''ve never done yoga before and I found it challenging, but not intimidating. You do one circuit of poses and movements and then repeat with the other leg. Jillian was actually a great guide, I never pictured her being good as a yoga instructor LOL. She has one girl doing craaaaazy advanced yoga poses along with her and the novice/modified girl - that sh*t was scary hard. Great workout overall, felt as pooped as I would have at the end of a Shred.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Equestrienne-thank you for the review!!! The workout sounds great, I am going to order it today.

On day 14 today (L2 D4)! I haven''t missed any yet so I hope the second half is similar to the first and I can keep it up. Good job ladies
36.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
LOL. Had to share. I just told FI I was going to go do my "Shred" and he goes, "What are you, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle???" LOL in reference to Shredder the Rat King or whatever he was. Hilarious.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
For all you ladies still Shredding
9.gif

Progress report time:

This morning, I pulled out what I call my "Muffin Top" jeans...lower rise & tight.

I''m happy to report, that it''s now a Reduced Fat Muffin I''m sportin''! There''s definitely been a change in my waistline!

I also dropped into Restoration Hardware, and got on one of their industrial scales (I don''t own a scale).

Even wearing jeans, a heavy weight hoody, and running shoes, I was still down 7 lbs!
36.gif

The only days I''ve taken off are Sundays. Keep going girls...it''s working!
35.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the TMI but ..

I did the Shred yesterday. I have no idea what day I''m on (5? 6?). However, also yesterday, I was verrry stomach-bloated, and was I was pretty pissed because I thought the workouts, and healthy eating, were backfiring on me.

Turns out, it was just Aunt Flo comin'' to visit me.

I''ll be back on the Shred as soon as my uterus stops feeling like it''s going to give up on life and drop to the floor any minute.

Keep going strong, ladies!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 8:12:42 PM
Author: equestrienne
Did three days of Level 1 this week. If I can''t muster up enough Shred energy tonight, I am going to just use a stepper and do some weight work, feeling a little rough with the monthly girl stuff.

I''m definitely going to get the Yoga one. I''m considering the Banishing Fat DVD also ..

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
My friend just got the new yoga DVD. She said it was great!

I am really happy: between Shred and Bodypump, I lost all 6 of my steroid-induced lbs in a week. So, it was two wasted weeks (6 lbs up, 6.5 lbs down) but at least I didn''t have a net gain.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results