shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody wanna do a 30 day shred with me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! I so just had the worst day. Fiance''s business trip just got extended to Saturday and he''s not coming home tonight afterall.
39.gif

If I hadn''t gotten home and seen this thread, I''d definitely be hitting the cream-cheese icing I''ve got in the freezer. You all are the best!!! What day should we start? Is the 15th still good for everyone? Seems like Monday is a good day to start a routine.

Thank you princessk731, meresal and Treasure43 for the words of encouragement.

Freke, MissMina and Nov2109: Come on you three, are you in or out?

The Innies so far:
beadchick (me)
trillionaire
onvacation
guilty pleasure
shertz1981- yes, you can pledge
Cheshiresmile
nkarma
cupcake*muffin
princesss
vancity
dcgator
bia

Did I miss anybody?

meguimic, come on!!! For some reason I thought in another thread that you were in O-town. Come play w/ another florida girl (cauz you know the florida people always know each other...even when they have to leave).

I''m so excited. Okay, start date of Monday?

Keep track of your measurements girls. Lets avoid the weighing thing, I''ve decided scales are evil.

To fit in my dress, I''ve got to:
NOT lose any bust size (I''m one inch too little)
Lose 3.5 inches off my waist
Lose 4 inches of the thighs

This seems feasible (I''m tall). Dress fitting the last week of April. Here we go!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I''m excited. I know that people plan to progress through the levels, but I''m like Deco (I think that''s who said it), and I get bored fast. I plan to do a level 1-2-3 cycle, and repeat, so that each day I am doing a different work out. I think that will work best for me. Hope others feel free to use the same plan. Also, I do suggest starting with no more than a 3lb weight, I have 5lbers and they kill me on these work outs. I''m pretty sure I resorted to 2lb cans!
3.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO in! I''ve got to get the DVD though

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I''m in....although I may start early since my first fitting is on Sunday :)

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
You guys inspired me! I did levels 1, 2, and 3 back to back. Man I've missed the 30 day shred! I think I'm going to do it every other day now with her other DVDs. I still say level 2 is the hardest. That plank is a killer!

For those of you who were commenting about getting bored, I'd reccomend getting "No more trouble zones" and "Burn fat and Boost metabolism" and switching them all up!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe you did all three back to back! You are my new 30 day God! By day 30, I want to do that too! I could do more than one in a day, but not back to back!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I`m still waiting on the video from the library.. but I hear it`s really great !

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in please! I don''t actually have a wedding to lose weight for, but I''ve put on a bunch since I actually got married last year. I still can''t seem to tear myself away from the BWW board. :)

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
So what happens if we miss a few days? Should we make them up at the end? I know I am going to miss 3 days because of a company retreat next week. Didn''t know how strict we were going to be
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
...I''m in.
39.gif

Not a bride, but I was about 5 months ago... and... well lets just say marriage doesnt do wonders for the figure.
9.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''m in
9.gif

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
The Innies so far (new list):
beadchick (me)
trillionaire
onvacation
guilty pleasure
Cheshiresmile
nkarma
cupcake*muffin
princesss
vancity
dcgator
bia

squirrly
elledizzy5
parrot tulips
miya03
and...
lilyfoot

cupcake*muffin, depends on how strict you wanna be. I''m going to try to plug through, but I''m also thinking about taking Sundays off. Maybe you could do the elliptical at your retreat for 20 minutes or go on a long walk to dinner or something. I like rules, but I promise to not come find you on the retreat with my laptop, dvd, and handweights in tow
2.gif

trillionaire- I know, I''m excited, too.

treasure43- you are right. Plank sucks!
35.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
I''ve just finished SHREDDIES DAY 4...my fingers can still type...that''s a good sign, huh?
9.gif

Reduced each of my hand weights to 3 lbs instead of 5 lbs, and I feel much more in control when executing the moves.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Count me in!!!!

I''ve only ever managed as much as 7 days in a row consistently, and have done Levels 1 and 2 back to back on many days, and agree that Level 2 is the worst!

Can''t wait to see what actually happens with 30 days straight - I have 15-20 pounds to lose before June 26th!!!
40.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in, I''ll do it! I''ve been lurking here and lacking in motivation recently, but now the fabric for my gown has been purchased. Mom will be cutting it out in muslin soon and will construct the dress this summer. Time to get a move on!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could do this with you all! Unfortunately, many of the exercises I cannot due to my back. But I did join a gym in late January, and I have been attempting to go 5 nights a week. However my sleep levels seem to suffering. I have not figured out how to balance my schedule yet. Alas I digress. I WISH I could join you all! Good luck ladies!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m IN!!! I''ve got to lose about 13 pounds to get to my goal. I''m going to check my OnDemand to see if I''ve got it but if not, I''ll run out and buy it. When are we starting??

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Oh heck I''m in as well!
36.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so the plan is:

- start Monday March 15
- go for 30 days straight - no breaks
- talk about it here daily for support, complaining, whining, general whimpering and to get each other not to give up!

Do I have that right???

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
BUMP!

Are we all ready to get started???????

Here are my general feelings about this in this particular order:
14.gif
29.gif
32.gif
38.gif
39.gif
7.gif
23.gif
33.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
11.gif
30.gif
31.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!

Welcome to Monday-Shred day! I will start it off this morning. Although I add the 30DS into my normal workouts, I have never completed it 30 days through, so I started fresh this morning. I completed my Day 1, Level 1 this morning. I am feeling good and excited about this challenge!
36.gif

How did you ladies (and any gentlemen that may be doing it) do?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
After slamming two alarms twice each, I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30 just to subject myself to Jillian.
29.gif

One down. Twenty Nine to go.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to get up this morning and do it but I couldn''t sleep last night...so that means as soon as I get home from work I''m going to do it! I may mix in her two other DVDs but my main goal is to work out with Jillian for 30 days! Good luck everyone! And congrats to those who already did it!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Uggh...I did it. I don''t understand. I''ve done this dvd before and took 2 days off this weekend (only did it a couple times last week), and owwwww. What the heck? Shoulders, neck, upper back. Owwwie. On the upside, even though the push ups happen on my knees, I did get through ALL of them today. Go me!

So, here is the list of us shreddies:

beadchick (me)
trillionaire
onvacation
guilty pleasure
Cheshiresmile
nkarma
cupcake*muffin
princesss
vancity
dcgator
bia

squirrly
elledizzy5
parrot tulips
miya03
lilyfoot
cinnamongurl
travel goddess
treasure43
equestrienne

Wow! That''s 21 of us! Go team!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, and btw, handweights are on sale at Target this week. I already have three pounders, but got 2 five pounders for 10 bucks! Pretty good, huh?

Megumic- I subjected myself at 6AM. You are in good company. 1 down, 29 left...

ooowwwww.

How did everyone else do? Are all 21 still standing?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I did levels 3 and 1 today. I''d forgotten how exhausting it is! I''m worn out!!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO P.S. SHREDDIES!
36.gif

I''ve just completed Day 7. I''ve been alternating between the 3 & 5 lb weights (depending on how strong I''m feeling). It''s working out pretty good so far
9.gif

Level 2 is fast approaching...

Someone....hold me
9.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 9:14:35 PM
Author: beadchick
Uggh...I did it. I don''t understand. I''ve done this dvd before and took 2 days off this weekend (only did it a couple times last week), and owwwww. What the heck? Shoulders, neck, upper back. Owwwie. On the upside, even though the push ups happen on my knees, I did get through ALL of them today. Go me!

So, here is the list of us shreddies:

beadchick (me)

trillionaire

onvacation

guilty pleasure

Cheshiresmile

nkarma

cupcake*muffin

princesss

vancity

dcgator

bia

squirrly

elledizzy5

parrot tulips

miya03

lilyfoot

cinnamongurl

travel goddess

treasure43

equestrienne

Wow! That''s 21 of us! Go team!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, and btw, handweights are on sale at Target this week. I already have three pounders, but got 2 five pounders for 10 bucks! Pretty good, huh?

Megumic- I subjected myself at 6AM. You are in good company. 1 down, 29 left...

ooowwwww.

How did everyone else do? Are all 21 still standing?

That''s 22 of us! You forgot meeeee!
39.gif
JK JK!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Day 1, level 2 with 5lb weights, since I''ve been doing level 1 on and off forever.

Yeah, I''m sore. And if Jillian tells me to "push it" one more time, I am going to have to mute her for good....seriously. She was barely glistening while I was full on sweating. At least I made it.
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m a wimp. BF was home and I didn''t want to look like a total fool. So I went on the elliptical for 45 minutes instead. But hey, at least I did something!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Done!

Day 1 Level 1 with 3 lb weights. I didn't push myself very hard since it's been a few days since I last worked out and I have a cold and feel like garbage. Hopefully feeling better tomorrow.

I also have Jillian's No More Trouble Zones DVD and I will start adding that in on rotation with the Shred and regular gym time over these 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results