shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody wanna do a 30 day shred with me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Alright, so, the subject line says it all. Anybody in? Shredheads? Shredders (whatever they call them?)? Its from that Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser) work out dvd. All you need is a work out mat and hand weights (I sound like the dvd). If you don''t already have the dvd, its 3 sets of 20ish minute work outs that I think the idea is to do over a month.

No, this isn''t impulsive, but I think this will help with the motivation thing. (please refer to my previous thread) I mean, if you work out for 30 days straight, you feel compelled to eat better, right? And, its time defined, so if it sucks, it''ll be over soon.

I was thinking of a 30 day start date on the 15th of March. Or earlier if others are ready? We could keep track of our measurements rather than weight, since really, isn''t that what matters when you are trying to fit in your wedding dress?

Any takers?
35.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
+ 1

Do I need the video for this? Or are the clips on Youtube sufficient?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a bride, but I''ll do it with you. I already have the video.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tempting. I even have everything required, PLUS a yoga mat! I only need a working DVD player. How much do those things cost nowadays?

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
You can get one for around $30

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dude....may be able to hash it out then! We''ll see if my old one still works first though!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Sweet!!!

Freke, I got a $35 dollar generic dvd player at target last year, still worked this year. Only reason I gave it away was b/c fiance moved in. So, that should get ya going.

Onvacation: not sure about the youtube clips. I think the thing w/ the video is to go for 20 minutes straight w/o break. If the clips are like this, you are all set.

Whats our start date?
36.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh - can I get this OnDemand??? We do have some Jillian Michael''s stuff on there and it''s updated regularly. Even so, you miiiiight have to twist my arm. Pathetically low levels of motivation over here
38.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I wish I could, but I can''t do any of the L1 cardio yet (except the boxing -- too much jumping)

Can I be an affiliate and pledge to work out for 45 mins/day?

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been thinking about doing this, i have 2lbs to lose and its been that way for quite sometime now...i want to reach my goal...and am starting to think running eating healthy has plateaued.

On demand does have it, I''m not sure if it is the same as the dvd...a friend of mine tried it, she lasted 2 days...AH!

I shouldn''t be afraid of a work out dvd right? I''m in pretty decent shape, but I am honestly scared, I hear its brutal...but definitely worth it!

Has anyone ever attempted it?

I''m laughing at myself for writing this...wow.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I finished it before I hurt myself. The first three days at any level are brutal, but you adjust quickly

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Beadchick: I just wanted to say that the 30 Day Shred is a GREAT workout. I have the DVD and I work it into my workouts throughout the week.

If you really follow it, I bet you will see a difference. I can''t say that I have done the 30 days straight through, but I know that when I do it, I definitely feel the burn the next day
9.gif

On that note though, I will try to join you and the others "shredders" on Monday and get through a full 30 days with it. Thanks for the extra inspiration
35.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
ahhhhh 30DS...

Been there, tried that. I''d be down to try again though - when you DO do it, it definitely packs results.

I will start on the 15th if that''s what everyone agrees on. Let''s hope I stick with it...

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
What great timing for this thread. I have an engagement shoot coming up, and would like to be a bit less jiggly
9.gif

I''m IN!

I actually started this program just 3 days ago. I have come to the conclusion that I can''t do a proper push-up to save my life
9.gif

I started with 5 lb weights in each hand, but I think that may be too much for a weakling like me. I''m going to reduce to 3 lb hand weights till I get further into the program.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I finished the 30 day shred about a month ago and am now doing some of her cardio and weight DVDs. You''ll love the 30 day shred but it IS intense and you WILL be sore for the first few days. That said, I lost a whole jeans size and saw definate changes in my body. Good luck!

princessk731

Rough_Rock
I have been doing this for a week and a half now...and just wanted to say Jillian makes me
emcry.gif
but once you start you won''t be able to stop because she encourages you and makes you want to come back. A word to the wise start with 3 pound weights you will understand day two
emsmile.gif
also start with the beginner girl...that way you learn how to do the moves correctly that was my hardest thing...I am starting to see a difference in my tummy and arms...which is where my dress needs it :)
Good luck girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I''m in. I''ve been doing it but not religiously. I have to lose at least 1 dress size, so about 8-10lbs for me to fit into my tiny little wedding dress. Are we doing 10 days of each level or what?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
The clips that you can see pull from OnDemand are the same as the video
9.gif

GREAT results! You all will love it! If I wasn''t preggo I would do it again with you ladies!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What the heck? I''ve got to be in a swimsuit in 23 days. I''m in.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
OK ount me it. Let me get my hands on the video!

OH WAIT - vacation 3/17 - 3/24. Cant bring the weights to the Bahamas!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 1:32:31 PM
Author: Pushin40
OK ount me it. Let me get my hands on the video!

OH WAIT - vacation 3/17 - 3/24. Cant bring the weights to the Bahamas!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Also, another thought for the ladies who have to purchase the DVD, don''t feel obligated to go out and buy hand weights and a mat. I find it just as effective to use a couple jars of pasta sauce or cans of soups, etc. as my "weights". Just make sure that the two objects are the same weight
2.gif
. Also, a mat really isn''t a necessity, unless your have wood or tile floors or something. Then I would get a mat to break the hardness of the surface. I have carpet, and I just use that as my mat.

Yeah for group shredding!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I am in too! Where can I get the DVD for cheap?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 1:50:50 PM
Author: nkarma
I got mine for $15 at Target.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmmm. I have a dvd player, handweights AND a yoga mat. But I also have a dusty library of unused workout DVDs of various genres. Should PROLLY crack open one of those instead. Does anyone else "watch" them first and then get tired/bored & lose interest? That is probably where I go wrong.
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 1:50:50 PM
Author: nkarma
OnDemand = FREE!
10.gif

Advice to all: Skip the weights the first couple of times. Trust me on that one. I felt like I''d been hit by a truck even without them.
14.gif
But it DOES get so much easier after that. I need to start doing it again...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 2:26:58 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hmmmmmm. I have a dvd player, handweights AND a yoga mat. But I also have a dusty library of unused workout DVDs of various genres. Should PROLLY crack open one of those instead. Does anyone else ''watch'' them first and then get tired/bored & lose interest? That is probably where I go wrong.
3.gif
LOL. This is why I use the OnDemand exercise vids. If I get bored, just stop it and start a new one!
36.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I got mine on Amazon. It's currently 8.99!

Amazon

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Ordered it off of Amazon...should arrive Monday-Wed of next week...I hope earlier so I can start with the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results