shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody wanna do a 30 day shred with me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I totally need to jump on this train. My pants are seriously hating me right now!
39.gif
Maybe it will help to commiserate with you all!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Just completed my first session of Level 2...

I could be delirious, but it wasn''t that bad...somehow, the moves seemed easier for me. I think there was more focus on leg strength?

I''ve always been stronger in my lower half from years of cycling....

C''mon, sunnyd...join us!
35.gif
We can all motivate each other!
36.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Sunnyd you should do it!

Technically, this is day 2 for me since I was gone on my company retreat for a few days. Level 2 with 5lb weights after going to the gym and doing cardio and weights---what was I thinking?
38.gif
I am in so much pain right now
7.gif
Ugh.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m going to do it in a little bit. I could barely walk yesterday, so I decided to take the day off. I''m feeling much better today! I went on a 3 mile bike ride, but still feel like I didn''t do anything, so I''m thinking the Shred is going to be necessary.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Just finished Day 2 Level 2.

I must have been delirious yesterday...today, I'm like "Dead Woman Barely Walking"
9.gif

(Thank you, oh fitness gods, for letting me get through another Shred, without any major injuries
12.gif
)

Go girls!
36.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I am delirious.

I did Shred last night (I can''t do the challenge b/c there''s too much jumping in Shred for me to do every day) ... and then I went to Bodypump, and then FI''s dad and I went to Arlington Cemetery and walked 11 miles through DC.

I am exhausted, but not in a bad way!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
So after getting sick last week I fell off the Shred Wagon. I''m planning on restarting my 30 days today.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
No Shred for me today, but FI and I did go work out at our complex''s gym.

I''ll be back to Shredding tomorrow though.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I did the Shred for a couple weeks before my wedding, and it definitely made a difference even though I didn''t finish the 30 days (I never even got to level 3, shame on me!). I remember scarcely being able to sit down on days 3 and 4, but it got so much better on day 5.

Now, I have to fit into the bridesmaid dress I ordered for my friend''s wedding this summer, and my waist was a teeny bit too big for the size I otherwise measured perfectly for, so I need to whittle it down. So I''m back on the Shred, just finished day 2 (and not looking forward to tomorrow!). I think I''m going to mix it up with the Quick Trouble Zones workout this time, though. I love having these On Demand!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, 7 days down - 23 to go. I haven''t lost one single ounce, but I''m feeling a little tighter. (Reminds me of Knocked Up where her TV associate talks about "just tighten, just tighten right back up!")

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I did level 1 yesterday and level 3 today.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 9:48:51 PM
Author: Treasure43
I did level 1 yesterday and level 3 today.
How did you feel after each level? Did you go to level 3 because you felt level 1 wasn''t tough enough?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Lilyfoot,

Well yesterday I felt great. Today I''m sore but that''s because if I do it too many days in a row I get too sore so I switch it up with her cardio. I''ve found that I can do the more advanced moves on level 1 and still feel like I get the same workout as level 3. Really it just depends on what I''m in the mood for. Level 2 still scares me because it''s so much plank work!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 10:25:51 PM
Lilyfoot,

Well yesterday I felt great. Today I''m sore but that''s because if I do it too many days in a row I get too sore so I switch it up with her cardio. I''ve found that I can do the more advanced moves on level 1 and still feel like I get the same workout as level 3. Really it just depends on what I''m in the mood for. Level 2 still scares me because it''s so much plank work!
Thanks for sharing. So far, I''ve only done level 1, I think I''m kinda scared of the other levels
32.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
lily, could you take that pretty foot of yours, and kick me in the arse, please?

I''m gonna need some motivation to attack Level 2 after work tonight
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 2:50:22 PM
Author: Vancity
lily, could you take that pretty foot of yours, and kick me in the arse, please?

I'm gonna need some motivation to attack Level 2 after work tonight
9.gif
You can do it!

What is not working out going to achieve? Nothing! You will feel great after you work out! It's only 20 minutes out of the 1,440 minutes in one day! To paraphrase another poster, if you can't take 20 minutes out of your day to do something for your health, there's something wrong!

Help any?
9.gif
10.gif

ETA: Small rewards never hurt either!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
ACK!!!

Lilyfoot, I could have sworn I just heard you channeling Jillian''s voice there!
9.gif

Thank you, my dear....this is all the inspiration I need to make it through another brutal 20 mins tonight!
35.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 3:49:21 PM
Author: Vancity
ACK!!!

Lilyfoot, I could have sworn I just heard you channeling Jillian's voice there!
9.gif

Thank you, my dear....this is all the inspiration I need to make it through another brutal 20 mins tonight!
35.gif
You're welcome .. I'm definitely no workout-maven, but I am trying really hard to keep myself motivated through this. I wasn't working out at all before, so it's quite a lifestyle shock (plus I'm eating healthier), but it's a good shock. The fact that the workout is only 20 minutes is really a great motivating factor, IMO. It's much easier to get through it!

ETA: Being held accountable by the awesome ladies in this thread is definitely helping as well!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
don''t make me do it today
29.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Bah. I am supposed to do my swim workout today and I''m scared. How stupid is that?

Still might do the Shred....not sure.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 10:25:51 PM
Lilyfoot,

Plank work?!?!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I shredded yesterday and plan on doing it again tonight. I find it hilarious that all through the warmup she''s like, no injuries, we don''t want any injuries.

Well I feel pretty damn injured today, let me tell you!!
29.gif
LOL. Powering through...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 6:08:30 PM
Author: sunnyd

I shredded yesterday and plan on doing it again tonight. I find it hilarious that all through the warmup she's like, no injuries, we don't want any injuries.

Well I feel pretty damn injured today, let me tell you!!
29.gif
LOL. Powering through...

Sunnyd, keep powering through! It gets better around day 5. And I will say, as someone going through the agony for a second time...well, it definitely gives some motivation to keep it up and not slack off again. Because as bad as the first time was, the second time is much, much worse because you KNOW what's coming. I feel like I've been run over by a steamroller, and I've still got two days of pain left!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Megumic...Did you do it???

Hey all-
It was so cute on Friday, the dog got locked out of the bedroom that night and essentially, was having a flare her of separation anxiety. I snapped a pic of her on the exercise mat that I was going to post, but it wouldn''t work
8.gif

She finally peeled herself off the mat and wandered over to the sofa to sit by the radiator when the push-ups started, though!

Okay, confession, fiance came home this weekend, and I didn''t do it either day. Working out on the weekend has never been my forte, the fact that I am doing 5 days a week though, that''s pretty good.

Today was my day 6. I''ve up''ed it to 5lb weights. I''m not feeling much, though. I''m reading you all''s comments and I''m starting to get a little nervous that it isn''t killing me. Going to do level 2 tomorrow- I friggin hate plank. Will keep you posted!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 9:51:35 PM
Author: beadchick
Megumic...Did you do it???

Hey all-

It was so cute on Friday, the dog got locked out of the bedroom that night and essentially, was having a flare her of separation anxiety. I snapped a pic of her on the exercise mat that I was going to post, but it wouldn''t work
8.gif

She finally peeled herself off the mat and wandered over to the sofa to sit by the radiator when the push-ups started, though!

Okay, confession, fiance came home this weekend, and I didn''t do it either day. Working out on the weekend has never been my forte, the fact that I am doing 5 days a week though, that''s pretty good.

Today was my day 6. I''ve up''ed it to 5lb weights. I''m not feeling much, though. I''m reading you all''s comments and I''m starting to get a little nervous that it isn''t killing me. Going to do level 2 tomorrow- I friggin hate plank. Will keep you posted!

Miserable fail. I had a big paper due this evening, plus a clinic application, so unless I concede myself to Jillian right now (11p East Coast time!) it''s not going to happen.

Congrats to all who are crushing her though - it''s tough work and will be worth every teensy bit!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
It''s 6:30am. Not only am I awake, I managed to CRUSH level 2. (Okay, maybe crush isn''t the right word, but you know - I finished it.) I am certain I was in better shape than this, but clearly I AM NOT!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Ok, day 7 done. I lied, my ankles hurt. I think its all the jumping.

I did level two, oww. Something tells me it won''t be pleasant tomorrow morning. And, I didn''t do plank twists. Bite me.
11.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I did level 3 last night (after only having done level 1). Will I be doing that again? NOPE.

Wtf is up with those "Rockstar jumps"?
14.gif
I''m on a 2nd floor apartment, so those just weren''t going to happen for me, lol.

I''m going back to level 1 today.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:09:46 AM
Author: lilyfoot
I did level 3 last night (after only having done level 1). Will I be doing that again? NOPE.

Wtf is up with those ''Rockstar jumps''?
14.gif
I''m on a 2nd floor apartment, so those just weren''t going to happen for me, lol.

We''re in a house that has three apartments total. We hear everything that our neighbors do! I''m pretty sure me jumping around at 6am is quite pleasing to them as well. Pay back time for their 4am fiestas!
11.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:13:11 AM
Author: megumic

Date: 3/23/2010 9:09:46 AM
Author: lilyfoot

Wtf is up with those ''Rockstar jumps''?
14.gif

We''re in a house that has three apartments total. We hear everything that our neighbors do! I''m pretty sure me jumping around at 6am is quite pleasing to them as well. Pay back time for their 4am fiestas!
11.gif
As of recently, we don''t have a downstairs neighbor (they moved out), but I still don''t feel right jumping on the floor. It makes a really loud "thud" noise, and it sounds like I''m a 1000lb elephant or something, lol.

I just did a different move when they did the rockstar jumps
3.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I did Shred last night after consuming, er, four glasses of sangria. Maybe not the smartest thing I ever did, but I''ve done it enough times through that the moves are pretty familiar. I did sub in boxing for jumping jacks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results