shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody wanna do a 30 day shred with me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
The 30 DS is starting to wear on me alittle. I am going to sign up for Zumba and other dance fitness classes so I can throw some variety into it. Also one of my friends is a Zumba instructor. I think I might sign up for the month unlimted, it's $100. might be worth it if it helps burn off these last few pounds that I've got lose to fit into the dress
9.gif
.Anyone else doing any dance cardio classes?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 12:53:50 PM
Author: shertz1981
My friend just got the new yoga DVD. She said it was great!

I am really happy: between Shred and Bodypump, I lost all 6 of my steroid-induced lbs in a week. So, it was two wasted weeks (6 lbs up, 6.5 lbs down) but at least I didn''t have a net gain.
Yaaaaaay!
4.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I second the congrats on the 6 lb loss, woohoo!

I was feeling pretty good too. I didn''t necessarily see it on the scale, but my tummy was feeling tighter and my pants were fitting loser. Alas, I think AF is coming to town, so right now I am just straight up in water rentention mode. Boo.

Anywho, I did stick to my word and did Jillian one of two weekend days, on Sunday. So what if I did it at 10 pm, its still Sunday, right
3.gif
? I also did it this morning, so I knocked out day 14, Level 2. Almost half way there...I can see the light...
4.gif

As for subbing in some dance cardio, I would say go for it. It can be a lot of fun, and if you really put yourself into the moves and don''t just baby-step it, you can get a great burn. Have fun!

How are the other shredders doing?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Great job women! Keep up the good work. I''m on day 5, and am happy to report that it was easier doing those jumping jacks this morning.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Today is my last day of L2 *whew*

Should I be worried moving on to L3?
9.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Vancity- Level 3 is awesome! It''s my favorite. I would not be worried, Level 2 is the hardest for me.

I measured and weighed again today as I have been every week and nothing has changed! I feel and look so different I am shocked! My clothes fit better and I can see my abs coming through (DH says a 4 pack, but I''m skeptical).

I actually gained a few lbs but it is that time of month coming up and I always gain at least 3lbs
20.gif

I am disappointed and sad
7.gif
I really want to get back to where I was last year. I am starting sparkpeople again to make sure I am not overeating. I want/need to lose 10 lbs. I will try to eat 1500 cals a day, I''m pretty sure I eat about 2000-2200 now.

On the bright side, I''m on Day 17
36.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 1:56:55 PM
Author: shimmer
Vancity- Level 3 is awesome! It''s my favorite. I would not be worried, Level 2 is the hardest for me.

I measured and weighed again today as I have been every week and nothing has changed! I feel and look so different I am shocked! My clothes fit better and I can see my abs coming through (DH says a 4 pack, but I''m skeptical).

I actually gained a few lbs but it is that time of month coming up and I always gain at least 3lbs
20.gif

I am disappointed and sad
7.gif
I really want to get back to where I was last year. I am starting sparkpeople again to make sure I am not overeating. I want/need to lose 10 lbs. I will try to eat 1500 cals a day, I''m pretty sure I eat about 2000-2200 now.

On the bright side, I''m on Day 17
36.gif
shimmer: congrats on being on day 17! That''s amazing!

Please don''t stress too much about the weight/measurements not changing this week. Like you said, you feel and look different, and that''s really what matters. Especially since it''s near your time of the month, I wouldn''t worry too much about it. The day before mine started (a few days ago), I looked like I was suddenly 6 months pregnant or something, it was ridiculous, lol!

Keep going strong!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I have to admit, I''m not seeing much in the results dept w/ shredding. I''ve completed 10 days, am getting bored/frustrated, so I did my billy blanks dvd yesterday (yes, that counts as day 11). I hate to say it, but it was still hard.

It shouldn''t have been hard, so I''m gonna mix it up w/ some Billy b/c he''s always done right by me in the past. I have to say, one session last night and the tummy is tighter today, huh...that guy must know what I gotta do!

And, I killed the carbs, well not all of them. Bye-bye refined stuff. I kept the yogurt, the weight control oatmeal, the fruit, and I''m adding more protein and veggies.

Fingers crossed! Hang in there all! PLEASE! I really need to hear that this is going to work right now.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I did Shred after zumba last night (I finally went, didn''t chicken out and go on the treadmill).

OMG ... zumba is so fun, but I look like an elephant! Or maybe Jonah Hill in "Superbad." I can''t dance *at all*

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say, keep it up ladies :) I''ve been doing the Shred and mixing with with Boost Fat Burn Metabilism and I finally tried her No Trouble Zones (talk about pain and exhaustion...it''s 50 minutes of weights...scary stuff). Anyway, I''ve been doing all of them for about 3 months and watching what I eat and I''m seeing a huge difference in my body. I haven''t weighed myself but I think I"ve gained a bit of tone AND I need new jeans! Even FI commented last night on my abs and joked that I was going to be able to beat him up soon.

So keep with it ladies! I''ve found it helpful to not be too hard on myself if I take a day or two off and to just concentrate on working out, getting healthy, and how I feel :) Also, I think it takes longer than 30 days to see massive results. Really it''s only healthy to lose a pound or two a week I think. My philosphy is that I''d rather it take longer and have the weight STAY off, than drop a bunch of weight super quick and gain it all back after the wedding.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
First day down of Level 3.

I got to be Superman, a Sumo, and a Rockstar...good times!

(Out of the 3, I think I most resemble the SUMO - minus the attractive butt diaper
9.gif
)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 8:39:15 PM
Author: Vancity

(Out of the 3, I think I most resemble the SUMO - minus the attractive butt diaper
9.gif
)
Vancity...I''ve been following this thread and I must say...I LOVE your updates!
9.gif

I''m so inspired by you all (even though I''m not a BIW) that I went out and bought the Shred. I did my first day of Level 1 today! I won''t be doing it every day b/c I''m training for a half marathon and I have a lot of running to do that is not so easy to do when one can''t move from Shredding. But I plan on doing it 2-3 days per week as part of my cross training! Keep it up, ladies!!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 8:54:53 PM
Author: vc10um

9.gif
)
Vancity...I''ve been following this thread and I must say...I LOVE your updates!
9.gif

I''m so inspired by you all (even though I''m not a BIW) that I went out and bought the Shred. I did my first day of Level 1 today! I won''t be doing it every day b/c I''m training for a half marathon and I have a lot of running to do that is not so easy to do when one can''t move from Shredding. But I plan on doing it 2-3 days per week as part of my cross training! Keep it up, ladies!!!
Why, thank you, my dear!
9.gif

I decided to do the Shred (at home), because I haven''t worked out in soooo long. Thought it would get me back into the swing of things, and it definitely has!

My goal is much like yours, vc10um. I would like to begin a running program. I am going to start with the Couch to 5 K program next month.

You inspire me! The Shred AND running?! You are SUPERWOMAN! Good luck!
36.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I tried another class last night. Bodycombat. Jillian would approve, but holy schnikes, was it hard. Nonstop for 60 minutes!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 9:20:53 PM

Date: 3/31/2010 8:54:53 PM

9.gif
)
9.gif

Why, thank you, my dear!
9.gif

I decided to do the Shred (at home), because I haven''t worked out in soooo long. Thought it would get me back into the swing of things, and it definitely has!

My goal is much like yours, vc10um. I would like to begin a running program. I am going to start with the Couch to 5 K program next month.

You inspire me! The Shred AND running?! You are SUPERWOMAN! Good luck!
36.gif
Aw shucks, Vancity...you''re making me blush!!! (why is there not a blushing emotie!?!?)

Couch to 5K is an AWESOME program. I did it a few years back and it is totally the way to go!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 9:19:35 AM
Author: shertz1981
I did Shred after zumba last night (I finally went, didn't chicken out and go on the treadmill).

OMG ... zumba is so fun, but I look like an elephant! Or maybe Jonah Hill in 'Superbad.' I can't dance *at all*

LOL, I look like a hippo when I'm doing it. My hips just don't move that way. I've all but put JM on hold for now and am cheating on her with the lovely ladies at my local dance studio. I've been doing 30DS for months now so I'm just really bored and at this point I could do it by memory. I've done Zumba, Ballerina Bum Bootcamp (the hardest by far), Hip-Hop cardo, and tonight I have dance cardio. I'm signed up for 7 classes between Tuesday and Saturday and I've been going to the gym after wards/before. Hopefully some of this weight starts falling off.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing?

I just got the DVD and am trying to get myself to go for it.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Day 24 here! Level 3 is tough doing it every day... it''s making me miss L2! I honestly think I will miss this once I''m finished and hope I will continue. Amazon is taking forever to deliver my Jillian yoga dvd!

Still no weight loss, but my arms feel skinnier and a lot firmer... and I lost about an inch off my lower waist!!! I am very hourglass-y so this is a big accomplishment. My hips haven''t budged I think b/c my butt is getting perkier :) It looks a lot better in my skinny jeans, haha.

How''s everyone else doing?

Vancity

Shiny_Rock

Hello fellow Shreddies,

I just counted, and after tonights workout, I will have completed Day 25. I''ve taken Sundays off, and this past weekend, didn''t do Saturday either (I blame the Easter Bunny

9.gif
).

So far, I''m down 7 lbs, and I feel MUCH fitter. (I should note, that I haven''t altered my eating habits in any way to achieve that 7lb weight loss

9.gif
).

Now, I don''t even wait for Jillian to begin the next move. I start before she does, and manage to get a few extra reps in *pats self on tighter tush*

9.gif

Congrats, ladies! Keep it up!

35.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I have fallen off the Shred-wagon.

I am so far off the wagon that I can''t even see it anymore. I''m afraid you guys will have to leave me here to rot.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 3:54:14 PM
Author: lilyfoot

I am so far off the wagon that I can''t even see it anymore. I''m afraid you guys will have to leave me here to rot.
Oh no Lilyfoot, jump back on the wagon, I''ll help pull you on
2.gif

My name is DCGator I didn''t do my Jillian Thur-Mon. There, I have admitted it. They say that''s the first step...I got caught up in a couple 12 hour work days and running to prep for my 10-Miler on Sunday and then another half marathon in 2 weeks, so I turned a blind eye on Jillian...
38.gif

The good news is that I did jump back on the wagon today and technically I just did Day 22. I completed my first day of Level 3. Even though I''ve had the DVD forever, I have never done Level 3 (mostly Level 2), so that is an accomplishment in my book.

So, for all you other ladies who are watching the wagon pass by, saddle up girls! Get back on the trail and finish strong!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock

I am so far off the wagon that I can't even see it anymore. I'm afraid you guys will have to leave me here to rot.
Just like the military, WE LEAVE NO MAN, WOMAN, (OR SHREDDER!) BEHIND!
9.gif

C'mon, woman!

ROCKSTAR JUMP back on the wagon! We've got your sexy back!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 4:02:43 PM
Author: dcgator

Oh no Lilyfoot, jump back on the wagon, I''ll help pull you on
2.gif

My name is DCGator I didn''t do my Jillian Thur-Mon. There, I have admitted it. They say that''s the first step...I got caught up in a couple 12 hour work days and running to prep for my 10-Miler on Sunday and then another half marathon in 2 weeks, so I turned a blind eye on Jillian...
38.gif

The good news is that I did jump back on the wagon today and technically I just did Day 22. I completed my first day of Level 3. Even though I''ve had the DVD forever, I have never done Level 3 (mostly Level 2), so that is an accomplishment in my book.

So, for all you other ladies who are watching the wagon pass by, saddle up girls! Get back on the trail and finish strong!
DC...are you doing the Cherry Blossom 10-miler???

I won''t be running...didn''t get into the lottery in time this year...but I''m volunteering so I have an automatic in next year! I''ll be at one of the mile markers minding the clock and cheering everyone on!

PS: Did you sign up for the Army Ten-Miler??? CRAZY how fast it sold out!

**END THREADJACK**

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 5:34:41 PM

I won''t be running...didn''t get into the lottery in time this year...but I''m volunteering so I have an automatic in next year! I''ll be at one of the mile markers minding the clock and cheering everyone on!

**END THREADJACK**
Continue Threadjack...

Yes I am doing the CB 10-Miler. Yeah, that lottery was really a PITA this year. Not a huge fan, but I was lucky enough to get in, so that''s good. They say the weather is supposed to be cooler this weekend too, so I am really psyched!

Have you ever done the CB run before? It''s a great race. That''s really cool about the volunteering giving you an automatic in though, I didn''t know that. I look forward to seeing you on the race course!
35.gif

And yes, my DH and I did sign up for the Army 10-Miler too. I had it on my calendar this year, b/c we didn''t get in last year, so I signed up the morning it opened. I haven''t done it before, but am looking forward to it. Btw, if you didn''t get in to that one, I know/have run with a great charity that has 100+ spots available. There are no crazy $ requirements (only like $150 or something) and the money goes to the family of fallen soldiers'' children. Let me know if you want the details...

End threadjack...

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m onvacation and I have a confession to make. I''ve been a super slacker and have done a grand total of four full level 1 sessions since I shelled out for the DVD. I found I was in worse shape that I thought I was, because I couldn''t even make it to the first round of abs the first day. And of course I had to take the next day off to function. So I''ve increased length slowly, taking every other day off. (I know that''s not how it should be done, but I really can''t afford to be sick right now!) Today, I finally made it through the entire first session and THEN halfway into the second session.

Of course, I promptly went out and had coffee and treats with my professor.
37.gif

My arms are definitely showing it though. I can''t believe that was all it took to tone them up. I''m hooked!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 6:03:28 PM
Author: dcgator

Date: 4/6/2010 5:34:41 PM

**END THREADJACK**
Continue Threadjack...

Yes I am doing the CB 10-Miler. Yeah, that lottery was really a PITA this year. Not a huge fan, but I was lucky enough to get in, so that''s good. They say the weather is supposed to be cooler this weekend too, so I am really psyched!

Have you ever done the CB run before? It''s a great race. That''s really cool about the volunteering giving you an automatic in though, I didn''t know that. I look forward to seeing you on the race course!
35.gif

And yes, my DH and I did sign up for the Army 10-Miler too. I had it on my calendar this year, b/c we didn''t get in last year, so I signed up the morning it opened. I haven''t done it before, but am looking forward to it. Btw, if you didn''t get in to that one, I know/have run with a great charity that has 100+ spots available. There are no crazy $ requirements (only like $150 or something) and the money goes to the family of fallen soldiers'' children. Let me know if you want the details...

End threadjack...
Soooo, I suck and didn''t check back before the race, but I hope it went well for you! I was the crazy volunteer at Mile Marker 8 cheering everyone on! And I did get a spot in the ATM, so I''m all set and ready to go.

And now for my rant:

I''m back on the Shred wagon after having company in and out for the last couple weeks, not to mention a severe lack of motivation. I did it last night and this morning. Both times, I was interrupted by the woman who lives downstairs coming upstairs, banging on my door, and telling me her ceiling fan was "shaking like this" (as she wobbled her hand up and down about 6-8") and that I needed to stop what I was doing. The first time was at 9 PM last night. I decided to switch to 6:30 AM so as not to disturb her...she ended up coming upstairs again, banging louder, and letting me know that if it continued, she wouldn''t be so nice next time and would be "calling the police".

ARGH!

I emailed the management company to find out policy on shared space, but I think as long as I exercise within the Noise Ordinance hours, there''s nothing she can do.

In the meantime, SO and I are making as much noise as we can walking through the condo.
11.gif
29.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Vc10um-that''s hilarious! When I lived in a condo my downstairs neighbor would bang on his roof with a broom when I worked out... at 4:30 in the afternoon! Sometimes you can''t win, it seems like these people are home all the time
33.gif

Well, I finished the 30 days yesterday!!!! I didn''t miss a day, have been pretty worn out these past few but I''m so happy that I did it. I am wicked strong now, I''m pretty sure I can beat DH in an arm wrestle! I used 5 lb weights the whole time and followed Natalie (the higher intensity) as I was already somewhat accustomed to following her in the workout.

Although it hasn''t changed much in terms of weight/measurements, my body looks very different! My belly fat has mostly melted away, hips are narrower, butt is much perkier, and arms no longer jiggle and have nice definition... it''s totally worth it ladies!!!

So what''s next
3.gif
? I plan to walk/jog on the treadmill every night to start helping me lose weight, and just got the Jillian Yoga and No More Trouble Zones dvds so will alternate those daily as well.

Have fun and keep it up
36.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
We live on the 2nd floor of a 3 story apartment complex and I was doing level 3 of the shred a few nights ago. Right as I''m doing my second round of rockstar kicks there''s a knock at the door. The girl downstairs wanted to know what we were doing because she said everything in her apartment was shaking. It was pretty comical because I continued to finish out the workout while FI answered the door. Jillian is blaring and the girl can''t see me. FI said he was pretty sure the girl thought he was doing the 30 day shred, which I thought was pretty amusing. However, he wasn''t sweating, swearing at the TV, or exhausted out of his mind so there''s no way anyone who has done the shred could think it was him. Plus I don''t know about anyone else, but I don''t interrupt my workouts for anyone at the door. Poor FedEx guy haha.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t understand. How is any of that funny?
29.gif
I can sympathize with the 4:30pm incident, but come on, 6:30am is not a reasonable time to be waking people up with thumps. And purposefully walking on your heels to get back at them? Continuing with your exercise when you know it bothers other people enough for them to take the trouble to come knock on your door? I don''t know if any of you have lived with upstairs neighbors like you, but if you had, I''m pretty sure you wouldn''t go on doing it.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Note to self: Only live on the top floor or if I want complete silence DON''T LIVE IN AN APARTMENT.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results