shape
carat
color
clarity

Any new Leon Mege''''s Coming Soon?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, Megeve, that is what I am afraid of!!!! I already paid the balance because I didn''t want anything to hold it up. The truth is, if Leon would tell me that it would be done on "X'' date, I could wrap my head around
that and get used to the idea. The not knowing is the hardest part. Checking email a million times a day to see if there is a email from Rachael. Just give me worst case scenario!

I have a few social things this month that I would love to be able to wear it to. One is on the 15th with my 11 best friends, who are all dying to see it, and then a wedding at the end of the month with hubbys work folk.
That one would sure be easier with a nice big fat spaklie on my finger to look at. I don''t know these people real well, but DH tells me all the good and bad that goes on, so I probably know more than I wish I did!

I just read in hang out that they are going to try to get all the new posts transferred over. I hope so! Otherwise I would probably want to wait to post. My son comes home from UCLA next week, so he will be able to
help me take some nice pics with his fancy camera. I knew I bought him that for a reason!
31.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Megeve, are you back from your trip? Will you be starting a thread on that yellow beauty? While you are at it, maybe some more shots with it''s cousins from VCA, and your other Leon''s?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 6:56:00 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
You know, Megeve, that is what I am afraid of!!!! I already paid the balance because I didn''t want anything to hold it up. The truth is, if Leon would tell me that it would be done on ''X'' date, I could wrap my head around
that and get used to the idea. The not knowing is the hardest part. Checking email a million times a day to see if there is a email from Rachael. Just give me worst case scenario!

I have a few social things this month that I would love to be able to wear it to. One is on the 15th with my 11 best friends, who are all dying to see it, and then a wedding at the end of the month with hubbys work folk.
That one would sure be easier with a nice big fat spaklie on my finger to look at. I don''t know these people real well, but DH tells me all the good and bad that goes on, so I probably know more than I wish I did!

I just read in hang out that they are going to try to get all the new posts transferred over. I hope so! Otherwise I would probably want to wait to post. My son comes home from UCLA next week, so he will be able to
help me take some nice pics with his fancy camera. I knew I bought him that for a reason!
31.gif

I feel your pain. With Leon its really no knowing what he would or would not do! On the other hand, he can be very responsive when you talk to him and I think you should. He had responded to my requests a few times and was also quite patient with me.

Thanks for the information that they are going to migrate new posts a second time!

Can''t wait to see pics of your new rings! It nice having a son who is handy with camera!
36.gif

Date: 6/4/2010 10:01:47 PM
Megeve, are you back from your trip? Will you be starting a thread on that yellow beauty? While you are at it, maybe some more shots with it''s cousins from VCA, and your other Leon''s?

Okay, will do! But I can''t seem to find LM box anymore. We have just moved into this new appartment and DH had been clearing quite a number of stuff around the place and I have a numb feeling that he might have thrown it out by accident!
32.gif
14.gif

Watch for it, have decided to start my SMTB thread!!
3.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOHOOO!!!!! Just spoke with Rachael and my ring will either go out on Thurs. or Monday next!!!!! She is going to confer with the setters tomorrow and send me an email!!! But I should have it by next Tues, which is what
I was hoping for!!!!!!

Less than a week! Let the count down begin!!!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
YAAAAY for you Luv!!!! Your ring was my initial choice so I can''t wait to see it on your finger!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mine will be shipped tomorrow, so I''ll finally see how the ring looks like on Thursday
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 9:58:43 AM
WOOHOOO!!!!! Just spoke with Rachael and my ring will either go out on Thurs. or Monday next!!!!! She is going to confer with the setters tomorrow and send me an email!!! But I should have it by next Tues, which is what

I was hoping for!!!!!!

Less than a week! Let the count down begin!!!!

ohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawd!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 10:17:43 AM
Author: wintotty
YAAAAY for you Luv!!!! Your ring was my initial choice so I can''t wait to see it on your finger!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mine will be shipped tomorrow, so I''ll finally see how the ring looks like on Thursday
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

and for the second time: ohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawdohmahgawd!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for you Wintotty! When Rachael told me, my first thought was actually, ''Oh I hope that means Wintotty will get her ring by Thurs!"

This is shaping up to be a great week! School is getting out, no more driving craziness, back and forth and such, son 3 is coming home from college and ring is coming!

Sometimes the blessing roll out in multiples!

Hopefully, everything is well for Shadowplay! Hope is comes soon too!

Anybody else?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
wintotty & luv

Wow, I am so excited for your both!
36.gif
36.gif
Now I can''t wait to see the beautiful rings on your hands!!

2 to go for wintotty & 7 for luv....... the countdown runs.....

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats to those of you awaiting your rings...I''m amazed at the patience you seem to have, despite how you may feel!
emwink.gif

I just found PS and heard about LM last week when I lost my ER and wedding band (WB? trying to learn all of the acronyms!)...I''ve spoken with both Leon and Perry, but have some questions for those of you who have dealt with them (or are in the process of dealing with them).

Perry has started looking for a stone for me. My hubby and I will make a trip up there to look at Perry''s choices (we live in Atlanta). Have any of you done this and NOT been happy with the stones that were selected? If so, what happened? Also, in reading through this thread, it appears that some folks are nervous that their ring won''t look exactly like the photos they approved. Is this a common occurence? Are you out of luck at that point or does Leon continue working with you until you''re happy?

Basically, I''d really appreciate hearing your experiences...what the process was...what you''d do differently if you could, etc. The thought of purchasing a ring sight unseen is hard to contemplate.

Thanks for any/all replies!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
WINOTTY - CONGRATS!! I can''t wait to see that ring on your finger.

JENN - What shape are you looking for? I recommend that you ask them to send you photos and specs of the stones they find before making the trip. It is very possible that you don''t like any of the options. Also, there are other vendors who can provide diamonds .. if you are looking for a round brillant .. I might consider WF or GOG or BGD.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jenn and welcome! Leon is an amazing artist and his work is beautiful. If you are a lover of pave, you won''t be disappointed in having one of his pieces. There have been a couple people here who have had
some issues with him. If you do a search you can read all the old threads you will find a few that have been unhappy. Not many but a few. Leon has been nothing but cordial to me and the process has been pretty easy.
We briefly contemplated flying to New York for a face to face, but I thought, if I don''t do that, I could have more sparklies! But I think the people who have had the best experiences with Leon are those who have met
him face to face. It is more personal, for sure.

Are you having Perry source you a cushion? Be sure to look at Good old Gold and check out Jonathon''s AVC''s as well. He has a lot of videos you can look at comparing the two types.

I have been a little concerned with my ring not coming out as the picture. Leon reserves the right to artistic license. If there is an element you must have in your design, I would specifically point that out.
Boom had a problem with the splint shank not coming out as she wanted. The thing of it is, Leon has an amazing eye, so he does what he thinks looks best in some situations. The key is to know what
elements you HAVE to have and then let him create the ring for you. I picked one of his set designs so I am sure I will be fine. The waiting does funny things to your brain.
31.gif

It is a fun process, albeit one that can make you nuts. I bought my final stone a year ago and gave myself a year to do all the research and decide on a setting. I looked at everything and visited as many stores as I
could. I changed my mind a million times but in the end had it down to two designs. I knew it had to be Leon for me, or I would always wish I had got one. So don''t make a hasty decision. It is different
getting a Leon because you can''t try them on first. I decided to live dangerously!
32.gif

Good luck with your seach! Enjoy! Good to have you here!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks luv and charmy. I originally called wanting a round, but Leon suggested that a cushion might look best in the 2 settings I liked the most. So, Perry is looking for both rounds and antique cushions for me. Flying up to NY is no problem. Hubby travels almost full time, so we have a million freq. flyer miles and hotel points.

I don''t mind artistic lisence, but the style I wanted (r933) is pretty straightforward. I don''t know that there''s tons of room for interpretation. However, I''ve been looking around and I really can''t find another shield/bullet cut setting that I like (I''m not sure if that''s the accurate name for the style that I like on Leon''s site)....

I have a friend who has a 5 ct. rock (really great color/cut etc.) and she gave me the name of the guy her hubby got it from (who''s also in NYC), so I''ll check him out as well for the center stone...

I just can''t imagine getting a ring without trying it on first. Also, how on earth do I figure out what kind of band will go with it without trying them on together?? What if I can''t find something that I like?? I don''t know if I''m cut out for this, lol!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, first of all, Leon will discourage you from wearing two bands together. He has seen too many rings damaged from it. He will do it for you if you insist, but you will hear the why''s of his reasons. I am
having him make a spacer band for me so I can wear my eternity ring.

If you want a Leon, I would suggest that you go and try on as many styles as you can at other jewelry stores. That is how you narrow it down. Leon also favors very thin bands so you need to make sure you
are okay with that. He has done a few wider ones, but not all that many.

I would look at other vendors for stones. Perry may be able to find some nice ones but you will get much more information from other vendors. I bought my stone from Brian Gavin diamonds. Brian is a 5th generation
diamond cutter and I felt very comfortable with his expertise. Whiteflash also has some great stones, Brian started that company and left in late 2008 to start his new one. There are a lot of great vendors here,
but for me personally I felt most comfortable with BGD. Perry is new to Leon''s business and doesn''t have a long track record at PS, and I am not sure anyone knows what his experience or qualifications are.
Look at what he has but don''t skimp on your own research, it is your best guarantee of getting the best price and stone that is perfect for you. You have to find what is your comfort level of color, clarity and price and
make sure you get a excellently cut stone.

If you are getting a design that Leon has done before and the same shape and size stone you should be okay. Just make sure you tell him that you want it to be exactly like the photo. The shanks do look larger in the
photos than they do in real like so make sure you ask about the width.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at your style Jenn, and you should be okay. Your right, it is pretty straightforward. Leon does great three stone rings. There is something about his settings. I don''t think it will be a problem. Go to Tiffany''s and
try theirs on. I think they are about the closest to Leon, but Leon''s are much less.

Leon goes on vacation for a week in July so that will add a week to your completion time if you are anxious to get started.

Can''t wait to hear what you decide!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Luv2Sparkle - I missed your post earlier .. Congrats on your ring coming. It''s going to be a great week.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the ring so others can see...

lm r933.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Leon isn''t for everyone but most people will be blown away by his finished product.

Some people also rather buy a ready made design so they can feel and try before committing. It''s always a risk with custom work that it doesn''t turn out exactly what you imagine.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Charmy! I am excited! Just when I get my hopes up that it will be friday, it will probably be tuesday. Murphy''s law and all.

My husband has a road bike that he says has a ''sexy curve'' and I thought he was nuts when he said that, but Leon''s three stone rings with the pinched shank definitely have a sexy curve. They make me catch
my breath.

I agree with Charmy about the risk. I guess we live dangerously right? That''s so funny because that is not how I would describe myself!!!!
10.gif
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
luv - Is he going to send you photos before he sends it???

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
The risk? There''s definitely some uncertainty that you wouldn''t have in let''s say a Ritani that you could try on beforehand. The reward? A unique work of art, that I believe, in time, will be considered on par with the original Tiffany lamps from the 20''s.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to his website Charmy, he doesn''t take photos anymore. I think he does for himself but if you want them it is an additional charge and it takes an extra week. So I didn''t even ask.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks MissDebby for posting the photo. I''m so new to all of this I couldn''t even get a new photo up for my avatar, lol (the dimensions must have been wrong, but I wanted to show all of you my original e-ring...sniff, sniff).

What''s a spacer bar? What does it look like? Because I *thought* I wanted an eternity band to go with my new e-ring...basically, I wanted a very classic setting (i.e. an updated version of plain baguettes) that I would never tire of. However, if I don''t have to spend any $$$ on an eternity band, that''s a few more $$$ I can put towards a larger center stone. Hmmmmm....definitely something to think about!

And thanks for the suggestions on where else to look for stones. I think I want something that may be hard to find. In my dream world, I''d like a 4ct but I don''t think we can manage that unless we sacrafice quality and I''m not willing to do that. So, what I''d like to find is a 3.4 ct stone...so far, all I''ve found are 3.00, 3.20 and 4.0....nothing in the mid/upper 3s....however, I''ll keep looking.

It''s nice to "meet" all of you and I''m looking forward to getting to know you all!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is something to think about Jenn. There is a diamond size chart in Dreamers helpful thread archive on Show me the Bling and it will give you the diameters of each stone. Cushions will face up smaller in
diameter than a round. I would have to get over a 3+ carat cushion for it to look the same as my 2.57 round. If you look up Bebe''s ring, she bought a 4 ct. cushion, and she has not been happy with the face up size.
I tell you this so you can really do your research and get the best stone for you. For the look, it is really about diameter over carat weight. You have to know the specs you are looking for and check out the sizes
in person to make sure it is as large as you want.

To me, there is nothing worse that spending all the money for a ring and then not be happy with it.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
We're pleased to have you!!! You're gonna have a fabulous ring!

Here's a diamond size chart. Make sure that you set it to 100% (at the top) cause for some reason the default is 118%. And look at the mm size to compare it to any diamond you have in mind.

Link

This is how I, a total computer spaz, do my photos:

1. I right click to save the image.
2. I upload the phot to flickr
3. On flickr, I can crop and size
4. I resave the ammended photo
5. I upload the photo to PS.

Sounds like a lot, but only take a few minutes or so.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debby, you are so much more savvy than me! I resize in my camera or maybe in iphoto. I am totally lame. Hopefully, my son Cody can help me or I am in trouble!

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for thinking of me, girls.

I'm really happy to hear that some of our rings will be rolling in shortly. Rachael hadn't responded to the e-mail I sent last Thursday so I called today and really didn't receive an answer for when it would be shipped. Leon answered, so I was especially non-pushy about the whole thing. I told him it had only been five weeks but i was calling because Rachael had said it would ship this week and I wanted to see if it was still on schedule. He said it is being set now but he's not sure where the setter is in the process, so it could be a few hours or a few days before it's complete. He said Rachael will let me know the moment it's complete. He would/could have checked for me, but I implied it wasn't important and that I'd be happy to receive it when it was complete. After all, I'm not even planning on proposing this year... so it's not like it really matters :).

EDIT: I really sincerely hope they don't ship it on Friday. Once I know it's on the way I'll become VERY anxious until it arrives. That would make for a bit of a miserable weekend.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the link to that chart. That''s definitely something to think about. I definitely want a stone with some "star power" if I''m *only* wearing one ring (i.e. since Leon doesn''t recommend wearing two together).

Hmmm...definitely things to think about. I''m planning to go to a couple of local stores to see how I feel about the cushion vs. round thing...also, I''d really like to see if I can find a ring with a similar look as the one I like on Leon''s site, just to get an idea of what it might look like.

On another note totally, is there a way to find a thread you''ve posted in? It took me a while to find this one again! :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jen you can type in your avatar name and will show all your posts. Then click on it and it will take you back to the thread. Mostly I just remember the title name and forum and go back to it. It does get easier
the longer you are around
2.gif
! Did you find Leon''s photos of rings with spacer bands? He has a couple. It is basically a thin band to wear between your ring and wedding band to protect them from each other.
You might get away without one for the style you picked by picking a band that is channel set, or bead set with rounded edges. When you decide which ring you want, PS will help you find a band that won''t
damage it so don''t worry. It is a process!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jen, Luv2 is gonna get her ring any day now, and she has a Round. Maybe you wanna see what she gets, with the spacer bar, to help you with the the shape you want.

Just make sure you have a towel near your computer, cause you''re gonna be drooling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results