shape
carat
color
clarity

Any new Leon Mege''''s Coming Soon?

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Shadowplay is correct. I just looked it up on his website. He uses full cuts, unless single cuts are specifically requested
2.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do understand not wanting to question his price and all. I wonder if there is a specific answer to your question, or if it is the difficulty or whatever. Maybe it comes down to what Leon thinks it should be, who the
heck knows!

Maybe it is style of pave-I did notice that in some of his designs, but I didn''t think the mushroom pave was one of the higher priced ones. I do think that it won''t bother you quite as much once you get the darn
thing in your hand. This waiting business kinda messes with your head. Maybe after you get it, and you LOVE IT, you can call him and say, "Leon, I was just wondering, what makes this design so much more than
say (that) design. Then you won''t be a PITA but a satisfied customer with a question.

My guess is though, that once you see it, it won''t matter. Lord, I hope that is true for me!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add that I just got into a fight with DH, too. I think it''s catching...

PS. His fault
3.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
either something is wrong with my computer or something is screwy with the reply posting because I did not type my post in that way!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say that as of tomorrow, I am at 2 weeks to go. Can''t wait!!!!!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
woooooooo hooooooo!!!!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2010 12:58:33 PM
Author: missydebby

Date: 5/29/2010 12:49:20 PM

Charmy, there are a lot of diamonds on there, and each set by hand. Split shank basically means 2 rings worth! Can we tabulate how many their are, and then divide it by your quote. Then do the same for others with pave. Is it comparable? I would expect your ring to cost almost double what a similar ring with only one shank would cost.

Probably double the awesomeness, too. Charmy, there will be NO ONE with a ring like yours. In beauty, uniqueness and workmanship. A true piece of art.

Shadowplay, sometimes it just totally helps to release what happened, even if it''s just mentioning the fight without details to your internet friends. And you realize how normal it is. Most of the times, it''s not what you''re fighting about that matters... more in how you fight and how you make up. Even if you don''t come to a meeting of the minds regarding the topic, you can always conclude by letting the other person know you love them and will do your best to understand their concerns.
I was going to say this too. Based on my whopping 3 years of marriage. And my PhD is psychology
4.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I suspect there is a large random aspect to Leon''s pricing
9.gif

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 6:27:50 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I suspect there is a large random aspect to Leon''s pricing
9.gif
Without a doubt. I primarily quote larger construction projects from tens of thousands to millions, but a few times a week I get a walk-in customer just wanting some parts. I just wag numbers at them based on what I think they''re willing to pay, what I feel like at that moment, and how little I want to deal with them. I suspect this is pretty much the same way Leon does it; he knows within a hundred or two what the stones and metal will cost him, can wag a number on labor in about a minute, and then just puts a good bit on top depending upon what he thinks you''re willing to pay, how big of a pain in the ass you''ll be, whether or not he''ll enjoy the project, his current mood, etc.

15years

Rough_Rock
Maybe he is random in his pricing, maybe not. However I found his pricing very fair.
I requested a quote over email. We subsequently spoke. At
some point during the conversation I told him what my budget was. He responded
by saying well we don''t have to spend it all just because we have "x" amount.
I was really pleased by that. The work order ended up being about 1 k less than what I
was quoted at the beginning. He has been great to deal with.

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 9:24:31 PM
Author: 15years
Maybe he is random in his pricing, maybe not. However I found his pricing very fair.

I requested a quote over email. We subsequently spoke. At

some point during the conversation I told him what my budget was. He responded

by saying well we don't have to spend it all just because we have 'x' amount.

I was really pleased by that. The work order ended up being about 1 k less than what I

was quoted at the beginning. He has been great to deal with.

I didn't find his quote unfair at all either and hopefully my post didn't imply that. I will also say that he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I had heard so many negative things about him that I wasn't initially going to even bother trying to deal with him, but it became apparent that he was the one that offered exactly what I wanted, so i submitted a request for quote.

I had the quote in about 10 minutes and called him within two minutes of receiving the quote to discuss and he was uncommonly nice, patient, and helpful on the phone. I called again I think twice - each phone call about 5 minutes - before finally placing my order and he was always extremely happy to help and very patient. I'll go back to him in a second for any future projects where a pre-made solution doesn't fit my needs. I'm getting more and more anxious about receiving the ring the closer it gets. I'm going to want to give it to the GF right away...

15years

Rough_Rock
Shadowplay

I didn''t take it that way and hope no offense was taken by you; as none was at all intended. I was trying quite poorly to demonstrate there may be some randomness in his pricing but that I benefited from it . I am glad your experience with Leon was positive as well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pricing is fair in the sense that he provides the highest quality out there and so can set his own prices where he wants! The quality warrants it and people are willing to pay what he asks.

But this is not the first time that people have talked about Leon''s pricing and there has been confusion about why person X paid mor than person Y, and in some cases the exact same ring is given a different quote to two different people, within a month of one another (I saw this once on PS).

I''m not saying there is anything wrong with how he prices things, but as a consumer I sort of like a little more transparency. Of course, he cannot post prices for all to see, since he works custom and everything depends on the particular project, size of stone etc. I think the only transparency you can get with Leon is to shop around and see what something comparable would cost elsewhere. But of course, who is comparable? I can only think of maybe two people.

So I guess you have to determine value based on what his work is worth *to you* and not based on what the fair market value is for the work, since that cannot be determined accurately.

15years

Rough_Rock
Dreamer

well said

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
For me it also came down to comparing his price vs what I was gonna pay elsewhere. Before I decided to go custom, I was sorting through all the options on JA, GOG, 1910, and whatnot. And any that I liked were between $2000 to $6000. So for me, a $3100 ring was in my sweet spot, esp since it was going to be a custom Leon.

When I first spoke with him, I basically told him that I wanted the center stone and setting to come out to about 8000 to 8500 with a super crazy max of 10,000 if necessary. So he had Perry find some diamonds for me under 6k, settled on a beautiful diamond for 5100, and discussed setting possibilities of around 3k. So in some ways, it was fuzzy but in other ways in the zone. And he never once tried to push me past 8100 :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
**No posting of coupons per PS policies**

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes. I''m sorry, I didn''t realize that I couldn''t talk about LM''s promotion on PS.
32.gif

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock

I''m getting excited for some of you!! I think next week is your week right Wintotty? Shadowplay? Sorry if I forgot anybody, I didn''t want to go thru the whole thread again since we covered sooo many topics here. Hey, but anything to help us with the w a i t. Today is 3 weeks since I signed the work order. I''m sure the jewelry show & memorial day aren''t helping, but still, 3 weeks down! School will be done Fri, I''m off next week (except for 2 meetings), then summer school the following 3 weeks. So SOMEWHERE in there , I hope to have a ring. YEA!

But meanwhile, Wintotty, I read your post in another thread about the tapered frenchies, and girl I have to tell you, and Debbie, your sets are 9.9 on the Richter Scale =)

Leon is great at matching stones for his rings but these were specially cut to be part of a set. My husband and I both marveled at the stones, the precision was incredible!! I can''t wait to see them in your rings!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sorry to threadjack but does Leon quote higher prices via e-mail? After reading this I am shocked that I was quoted $2800 + sidestones for a simple three stone ring with no pave or millgrain...

moot point but just curious

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
higher thru email? I don''t think so. I''m sure you know all his rings are custom made by hand. If you see something in stock somewhere else it may cost less but it probably won''t have exactly the same look.

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 1:49:59 PM
Author: vbnet
I''m getting excited for some of you!! I think next week is your week right Wintotty? Shadowplay?

Supposedly! I think I''m pushing my proposal into 2011 now, though... We have some issues to work through with our latest fight. We are planning a trip to Europe next March/April, so maybe I''ll do it just before that or during the trip.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 1:59:45 PM
Author: slg47
sorry to threadjack but does Leon quote higher prices via e-mail? After reading this I am shocked that I was quoted $2800 + sidestones for a simple three stone ring with no pave or millgrain...

moot point but just curious
He sometimes quotes high for the projects he isn''t interested in. You pay the premium for the "I don''t want to do this".

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Shadowplay! I am so sorry! Hopefully, it will be easy to work out for you! Good wishes being sent your way!

Does anyone know how Leon let''s you know your ring is ready? Does he tell you the day he ships? I am really trying hard not to bug, but I am having a really hard time with the not
knowing!

The 8th is 6 weeks (next tuesday), but if he adds a week for the spacer, that bumps it to the 15th. I am trying to wait till the 8th to call.

So, do you think it is EXACTLY 6 weeks, or plus a couple days? I am dying here.

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 9:30:57 AM
Author: luv2sparkle
Oh no, Shadowplay! I am so sorry! Hopefully, it will be easy to work out for you! Good wishes being sent your way!

Does anyone know how Leon let''s you know your ring is ready? Does he tell you the day he ships? I am really trying hard not to bug, but I am having a really hard time with the not

knowing!

The 8th is 6 weeks (next tuesday), but if he adds a week for the spacer, that bumps it to the 15th. I am trying to wait till the 8th to call.

Things are going quote smashingly, so I''m sure we''ll be fine. Thank you very much for thinking of me, though!

I wish I could answer your questions. I sent Rachael an e-mail this morning saying that I noticed my payment had cleared from my bank and that I was double checking to make sure we were still on schedule for delivery next week. I''ll let you all know what I find out :).

Hopefully your ring ships on the 8th... or at least by Thursday so you can have it by the weekend!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Leon now has my mahenge spinel for mounting in a platinum mounting with four flanking baguette diamonds for an art deco repro setting. I''m very excited.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Well, he quoted me 4.5-6 weeks and today is 6weeks for me. But he told me because of the Memorial Day and Gem show this week, mine will be done next week. I don't know when in next week. When I asked Rachael about the delivery date previously, she told me it's on schedule but she can't tell me the estimated week or date of completion.....just it's on schedule. So if you want to know more detail, you should talk to Leon directly.

I'm running out of my patience at this point and can't wait to have it hopefully next week and hope they won't ship the ring on Friday that'll make me wait until the Monday after!!
I had a dream yesterday of receiving the ring and when I opened the little box I found the ugly ring inside!! It was bulky and big and it just didn't look right
32.gif
I'm sure it won't happen with Leon, but it was horrifying until I woke up and realized it was a dream
26.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Wintotty! I was hoping that you would check in. I tried to call this morning and no one answers! I kind of got the same response from Rachael when I called about my final payment. That is such a bummer! I am
bummed for you and for me! I suppose that means I am going to be delayed as well. I really wanted to have my ring by the 15th. Hopefully, yours will go out Monday. Are you going to call and talk to Leon and get
a firmer date?

I have had a few nightmares myself. I guess that is to be expected since I can hardly think of anything else. I am having a hard time just getting normal things done.

Talk about a nightmare, just when you think you are getting close to the end of the wait, it gets extended! GRRRRRR,,,,
32.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I had an email yesterday saying they would be out of the office from Friday through Monday and will be back in on Tuesday. I''m sure that''s why you are not able to reach anyone today. Good luck Wintotty! I''m sure the finished piece will be beautiful!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Guys, I have run exactly 1 marathon and it was easier than this
6.gif

But that last mile....

One. More. Mile.....
32.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 9:30:57 AM
Author: luv2sparkle

Does anyone know how Leon let's you know your ring is ready? Does he tell you the day he ships? I am really trying hard not to bug, but I am having a really hard time with the not
knowing!

With me, Rachael informed me when the ring was done and I had to wire transfer the balance. Only after the wire transfer was through, Rachael arranged shipment and informed me of the tracking numbers.

Just hang on there luv, its worth it! You would be sooooooooo pleased when the ring & spacer arrived! Just One More Week!
3.gif

Yikes the PS 2.0 is not up yet and I do not want to lose all that pics if I did it now!!
7.gif
14.gif
20.gif

ETA: My took 8 weeks with another week of shipment! And I survived!
35.gif
, lol, just barely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results