carat
color
clarity

Any new Leon Mege''''s Coming Soon?

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 9:26:03 AM
Author: vbnet
Shadowplay do you have a plan on how you are going to give it to her?

I have a few options I think are clever but she knows I go somewhere online for info on diamonds and I certainly wouldn't want to give it away if she ever went looking. I guess I wouldn't be that bothered if she saw the pictures because we did basically come to the conclusion on what to her her (6 prong, slim pavé shank and a wedding band that sits flush. She doesn't know it will be a Leon, though and she doesn't know I have the ring. I did tell her I had a diamond but she doesn't know how big or any specs.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I can just imagine her squeals of delight!!!! Best you don''t give anything away though! Good call. =)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
missydebby - when is your ring coming? Looks like everyone''s rings are here!

I was hoping to get my Maytal ring last week but it''s delayed. Maybe a couple more weeks.

I might be getting both my Maytal and Leon ring at the same day.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 10:00:48 AM
Author: Shadowplay

I have a few options I think are clever but she knows I go somewhere online for info on diamonds and I certainly wouldn''t want to give it away if she ever went looking. I guess I wouldn''t be that bothered if she saw the pictures because we did basically come to the conclusion on what to her her (6 prong, slim pavé shank and a wedding band that sits flush. She doesn''t know it will be a Leon, though and she doesn''t know I have the ring. I did tell her I had a diamond but she doesn''t know how big or any specs.
Wait, you guys have talked about the ring, she helped design it, she knows you have a diamond... but you will wait a year to propose!??!
6.gif
Have you been into the Ladies in Waiting forum SP? This situation is a recipe to slowly drive your gf batty
2.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 11:21:59 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
missydebby - when is your ring coming? Looks like everyone''s rings are here!

I was hoping to get my Maytal ring last week but it''s delayed. Maybe a couple more weeks.

I might be getting both my Maytal and Leon ring at the same day.

Hey Miss Charmy,
Oh, I have an eternity to wait. I don''t get back to the States until the 3rd week of July, so I told Leon he could have it ready then. Thank gawd I get to live a bit vicariously through everyone else. Thanks for asking!

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 2:36:23 AM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 6/16/2010 10:00:48 AM

Author: Shadowplay

I have a few options I think are clever but she knows I go somewhere online for info on diamonds and I certainly wouldn''t want to give it away if she ever went looking. I guess I wouldn''t be that bothered if she saw the pictures because we did basically come to the conclusion on what to her her (6 prong, slim pavé shank and a wedding band that sits flush. She doesn''t know it will be a Leon, though and she doesn''t know I have the ring. I did tell her I had a diamond but she doesn''t know how big or any specs.

Wait, you guys have talked about the ring, she helped design it, she knows you have a diamond... but you will wait a year to propose!??!
6.gif
Have you been into the Ladies in Waiting forum SP? This situation is a recipe to slowly drive your gf batty
2.gif
Hah!

Yes, I''ve been to the LIW forum. It''s a different situation than most. We''ll continue to discuss things and see if we both feel ready before next year. She doesn''t know I have a ring and I''m going to keep her thinking I don''t (asking her questions about the "potential" setting to throw her off) so that when I do propose it''s unsuspected.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Knock Knock!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
FED EX with ...

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 9:49:02 PM
FED EX with ...
WHAAATTTTT?????

I thought next week for you???

Awesome!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I get my Leon sometime tomorrow! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I can''t stand it!!! I have a picture, but it''s in a pdf in my appraisal so I can''t get it out of adobe to upload it, Promise to do some kind of photo tomorrow though!! I didn''t think they''d get it done on time to get it to the appraiser yet still out to Fed Ex on time for the overnight delivery, but it looks like they made it because I got the shipping notification - YIKES I''m so excited!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 10:00:48 PM
I get my Leon sometime tomorrow! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I can't stand it!!! I have a picture, but it's in a pdf in my appraisal so I can't get it out of adobe to upload it, Promise to do some kind of photo tomorrow though!! I didn't think they'd get it done on time to get it to the appraiser yet still out to Fed Ex on time for the overnight delivery, but it looks like they made it because I got the shipping notification - YIKES I'm so excited!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The correct course of action in this situation is to take a picture of your computer screen with the pdf picture open, and post that image.
12.gif

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
ok, I tried doing a printscreen, then converting to pdf to save size , hope it comes out.

Attachments

• fivecushion1.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 114

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
tried again, thanks Yssie!

fivecushion2.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif

WOW. My goodness.

I was just teasing, but I sure am glad you got a pic working!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I just needed a little prodding Yssie, I was so excited about the tracking # email, I probably couldn''t even tie my shoes. I didn''t realize the appraiser had taken a picture, but I''m sure glad he did. I''ve been having such a hard time imagining what it would look like and like many others before me - started having melt downs as to whether it will look ok or if I''ll like it. One thing that has me a little worried is the appraisal said size 6 1/2, Leon measured me at 6 5/8, but I''m going to stay calm..Think I''m going to get an amarretto on the rocks to go calm down.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VB! Congratulations!!! Oh my gosh but it is stunning!!!!! love love love. Fabulous. Amazing. Gorgeous. Scintillating. I can''t think of any more adjectives. Holy Moly. Can''t wait to see it on your finger!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy, can''t wait to see BOTH your rings!!! So fun!!!! You are one lucky girl!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Luv! I'm so excited. I haven't worn my er or wb for about 6 months now. I had gained a tremendous amount of weight and couldn't get them off for a loonngg time. I couldn't stand the idea of cutting them. I lost weight and got them off around Jan this year, afraid to put them back on because they were tight. Anyway, the last 2 weeks, my fingers have just been ITCHING, kept having to rub them together. I know they are missing having a ring on and looking at beautiful rings like YOUR ASHLEY was making me YEARN for something to wear. I was sooo close to pulling a Wintotty a few times, but held off. Now, if I could just get to tomorrow!!!! Where IS that amararetto! lol

and Charmy I am dying to see yours!!!! Chomping at the bit!!
18.gif

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Wow!

That is a stunning piece! Specs on the stone(s) again, please?

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
1 center 3.13 H VSI,
2 approx .97 F-G si-1,
2 .49 F-G si-1
ring size 6 5/8

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow VBNET!!! Talk about 5 times the cushion goodness.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Charmy, I was just reviewing your beautiful colleciotion on smtb. My latest fave is the tsav! Can''t wait to see your new ones that are coming!!! OOH such delicious delectables!

idazzle

Rough_Rock
Wow, people are actually getting their rings!! VBnet, how will you sleep, waiting for that...it''s more than a ring...it''s a collection! I especially love the double claw prongs on the center, with the single claws on the sides. Can''t wait to see on the hand, and profile. With Leon, it''s all about the perfection of the curves, lines and details.

Wintotty, I think you received your ring with the tapered french cuts. It''s amazing! Leon and I had long discussions about whether I should do the calibre cuts, seeing yours makes me wonder if I made the right decision...

Shadowplay, your ring (set) is also amazing.

Charmy is close to receiving, also? 2 rings, from different designers?! Wow, you really can''t blink around here or you can''t keep up.

I still have 6 long weeks to wait. Just officially signed the WO this week. I decided on the Cold Fusion halo setting for my cushion from Perry.

I think someone had a question about single cuts vs. full cuts for Leon''s pave melee. I asked him about this while in his studio (I actually did a sort of interview of him, I wrote an article about him recently). It depends on the design and the size of the stones. When full cuts get too small, they actually get a little "muddled" looking in pave settings, the faceting is too small and confusing. SCs actually can look more brilliant, which is counterintuitive given their simpler facet structure, you get larger flashes of light. I got to see his whole collection of jewelry displayed on his micropave site, and one particularly intriguing piece was a teeny-tiny channel band of single cuts, set PAVILION OUT. The effect was super cool. So, I think Leon would reserve judgement of FC vs SC cut depending on design and size of the melee. Hth.

Can''t wait to hear and SEE more rings. I got a LOT of time to tick off here.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OH.
My.
Gawd!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I have dropped dead in my tracks. (The ghost of the former Missydebby is now writing.)

This is literally a sea of cushion goodness. Everything about a cushion is there to get lost in. I could gaze at those facets for years, VBnet! I can''t wait to see the rest of it and the finger shots.

Leon Mege rings need to come with a disclaimer: WARNING - Do not operate heavy equipment, operate cars, stand outside in the sunlight while wearing this ring. People are liable to faint. If user experiences prolonged finger staring, please contact your nearest doctor.

Freakin Outstanding. There aren''t words.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yowsa!!! That is one drop dead gorgeous ring!!! Congrats and enjoy it!

melz

Shiny_Rock
WOW. That is one amazing ring! I can''t wait to see finger shots ....... Congrats!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
vbnet,

Your TCP (as missydebby call it) is SPECTACULAR!!! I can''t wait to see more pics and especially the hand shots!!! You need to have a big finger to show off all the cushion diamonds!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
So...

I definitely made a new thread in SMTB.

vbnet: We''re all waiting patiently for your impressions/photos of the ring :).

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooo.... going there now!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results