shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxious to get the engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock

ScienceGeek-

Congratulations! Sounds very romantic, I love the view of the city and the TA pyramid. I live down in Palo Alto (originally from San Mateo), and I love staying in the city this time of year.

Can''t wait to see your ring!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 11:57:44 AM
Author: JCJD
LOL!! Here''s my coveted foil gumwrapper and granite diamond ring custom made by Diamonds4Me, from the Sad Diamond thread! Can you believe it, she only charged me a penny for the custom band!! We''ll begin the bidding at $1000... Going once... Going twice...

I agree that the scotch tape and rubber band would have done nothing for that beautiful stone! I took the liberty of designing something for when you are ready for the upgrade. Its available in all your favorite flavors! And green is the "in" color this winter!

"A diamond is forever, a duct tape setting will shut her the $%&# up..." I love it GG! You should try and sell it to DeBeers.

Can you tell its a slow friday?

gumwrapring2.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oh njc, you''re so sweet! But you forgot to upgrade me to a BIGGER stone!!!

gumwrapring3.jpg

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
MelissaSue, glad to see you back on the thread
1.gif
I''m sure I''ll stick around even though I''m now a lady-in-planning no longer a lady-in-waiting (yahoo!!)

I think that first dress with the asymmetrical hem is so cute. I don''t want a big poufy dress and that one would be so nice at the reception (no bustle to hassle with
2.gif
) The only drawback I see is that you''ll have to have freakin great shoes rather than the flipflops I''m planning on wearing after my feet give up on heels.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I''m responding to posts as I see them so I don''t miss anything
1.gif
Thanks for all the congrats, everyone. So much love on this thread! I don''t think I can quit the club even though I''m engaged

1.gif
1.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 3:16:21 PM
Author: psuheather
Hey ootthibo--I''m a student at UofM also! I''m in my first year of grad school...small world!

Shout out for all the grad students!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I''m 2nd year at UCSF in biochem/cell bio. I know JCJD is bio, what is everyone else?

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 11:57:44 AM
LOL!! Here''s my coveted foil gumwrapper and granite diamond ring custom made by Diamonds4Me, from the Sad Diamond thread! Can you believe it, she only charged me a penny for the custom band!! We''ll begin the bidding at $1000... Going once... Going twice...

Did you make the stone out of crushed pencil lead??
2.gif
[;-)
1.gif
1.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 2:31:51 PM
Author: jenwill

ScienceGeek-

Congratulations! Sounds very romantic, I love the view of the city and the TA pyramid. I live down in Palo Alto (originally from San Mateo), and I love staying in the city this time of year.

Can''t wait to see your ring!

I grew up in the South Bay but live in the city now. Downtown Palo Alto is a great place to live! I''m there all the time visiting friends/my parents/my fiance''s parents. Conveniently, our parents live 15 minutes apart from each other and get along great. They''re already planning an engagement dinner
1.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 3:29:46 PM
Oh njc, you''re so sweet! But you forgot to upgrade me to a BIGGER stone!!!

LOLOL!!!!!!!

face20.gif
That is TOO funny!!!! I better get busy with the wax mold
9.gif
9.gif

Hmmm, you know..I could go a little bigger on the stone..but we may have to sacrifice a tad on the clarity and color

31.gif

Oh, and don''t feel bad about checking the mail yesterday. I actually DROVE to the post office and WENT IN!

emembarrassed.gif
I knew something wasn''t quite right when the steel curtains were pulled and locked down tight
20.gif
D''OH!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
27.gif
...little too much time on JCJD''s hands today... See "Hey sevens one!!!..." in the SMTR folder...
11.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These rings are hilarious. I think the green totally highlights the rock.

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
good luck this weekend to all the ladies in waiting!!!!!!

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
JCJD - I just love the rings, made me LOL, I''m at work getting some strange looks
19.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
You girls are too funny. I''m literally wiping the tears away from my eyes. Here''s the ring I''d take...(did it work?)

pACE2-938649reg.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa - Both dresses are AMAZING!!! but it sounds like you like the one from that tux shop the best so far... I agree with sciencegeek, the asymmetrical hem is gorgeous, very modern, and different from everybody else but still beautiful and bride-like, but you''d have to have incredible shoes that you can wear all day long... I think the Now and Forever gown would be gorgeous with ballet slippers, and comfortable!! I''d love to get away with ballet slippers at my wedding, but my bf is 5''10" and I''m only 5''5", so he''s a full head taller than me when I''m not in heels! I don''t want to have to stand on my toes to kiss him at our ceremony! LOL!

Welcome denverkat! Hope you enjoy your stay on The List!

Golden - I also love your melodious new diamond slogan.... perhaps you could wax poetic about stunning industrial-grade "diamonds" in your next advertising campaign!

diamondgeezer - when we said we were anxious to get the ering, perhaps we should have specified!! LOL!!!

palmbay - glad you liked them! Thank njc and Diamonds4Me too!

I highly doubt that this is my weekend ladies. I''m going to a spa/gourmet foods party this evening (like a Mary Kay or Tupperware party), and Sat and Sun I''m on bird-feeding duty in my lab - over 200 birds to care for - plus I''ve got homework and reading up the wazoo!!! But I''m going to get my nails done on Monday in anticipation!! I hope he comes through!!!!!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 5:50:58 PM
I''d love to get away with ballet slippers at my wedding, but my bf is 5''10'' and I''m only 5''5'', so he''s a full head taller than me when I''m not in heels! I don''t want to have to stand on my toes to kiss him at our ceremony! LOL!

I could send you some old pointe shoes
1.gif
Not so good in terms of comfort though.

JCJD, I think you are my long lost sister. We''re both 5''5", ring size 4, study biology, and didn''t you say you were part Danish??? Getting spooky...

denverkat

Rough_Rock

What fantastic rings we''ve designed today- desperation really does spark serious creativity!

btw, i''m a 2nd year working on an MA Art History/Museum Studies.

-Kat

my measure of a successful day: I walked past the 25-cent ring machine at the grocery store without double-taking or drooling.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 6
6.gif
6:34 PM
Author: sciencegeek
Date: 11/12/2004 5:50:58 PM

I''d love to get away with ballet slippers at my wedding, but my bf is 5''10'' and I''m only 5''5'', so he''s a full head taller than me when I''m not in heels! I don''t want to have to stand on my toes to kiss him at our ceremony! LOL!

I could send you some old pointe shoes
1.gif
Not so good in terms of comfort though.

JCJD, I think you are my long lost sister. We''re both 5''5'', ring size 4, study biology, and didn''t you say you were part Danish??? Getting spooky...

Oh my goodness!! That''s too weird! You aren''t half Chinese too, are you????

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, denverkat - try Claire''s! More realistic, still much cheaper than the real thing, and more fun than the ring machines! Plus, you can pretend you''re really in there for some nail polish, or a scrunchie!!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 6:22:42 PM
Date: 11/12/2004 6
6.gif
6:34 PM

Oh my goodness!! That''s too weird! You aren''t half Chinese too, are you????

Nope. Half Mexican
1.gif
Yeah mixed ethnicity
35.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock

palmbaybabe--depends on how you define "soon". I haven''t gotten any new hints, but I think it could be "soon" as in, the next quarter.

20.gif
2.gif

YAY tybee on your first successful pic post!!!

9.gif
Now that you''ve got it figured out, you''ll have to let the bf know you need something "good" to share, lol!!
3.gif

God bless you ladies and your wonderful photoshop skills, of which I have none. After the crazy kinda day I had, I needed a pencil-lead-and-gum-wrapper ring to make me smile!

1.gif

Sending ring vibes everybody''s way this weekend!!

36.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

Oh wait, it worked? Am I no longer a complete idiot?

21.gif
Huzzah! Well, it aint going to be me this weekend, BF's outa town, and I'm drinking wine alone and looking at PS while I should be reading for my Cultural Psych class...

Here's a photo of the other love of my life, the shoe-eater...

Oh, but I'm hoping for GingerB...got my fingers crossed since that will benefit both Ginger and GGirl. Let's hear some good news.

shoeeatinhound.jpg

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 5:15:44 PM
Author: palmbaybabe
JCJD - I just love the rings, made me LOL, I''m at work getting some strange looks
19.gif

oops, sorry i didn''t realize njc & diamonds4me were in on the rings - THANKS! I really needed the laugh today

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lol, what a cute little shoe-eater!
1.gif

Have a shared a picture of my cuddly widdle pumpkin lately? No?? Oh, do allow me....this is why my dog hates me, btw....
9.gif

costumepup2small.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

Hilarious Golden Girl,

Good think that golden's are so good natured! Looks like that pumpkin costume is almost kid-sized!

Now that I've learned to attach files you're all in trouble. Here's my other "daughter" displaying her drinking problem. How does such a big snoot fit into such a regular sized cup? She'll find a way!

Someone else took this picture, btw, so I'm not sure if the owner of the cup ever realized that they shared their drink with her. yipes!

Any good news out there? I'm spending the weekend studying, it's cold and wet here in Georgia, dogs and I are about to walk to the local coffee shop. I could sure use a nice warm proposal story today...

edited to note that I'm too big for my britches...no picture showed up, did it? Ha haha...back to square one!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
there she is...little booze bag girly

drinindog.jpg

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
goldengirl & tybee - love the pics of your dogs, they are so cute

ChapmanLovesHarvard

Rough_Rock

Hi all!

I am new to this web site, but I just love it. I was wondering if someone could tell me what is or are "ladies in waiting?" I keep reading it on different posts, but can''t seem to figure it out. Is it women who are waiting for the proposal?

Thanks so much! You guys are great!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 11/13/2004 12:37:58 PM
Author: ChapmanLovesHarvard

Hi all!

I am new to this web site, but I just love it. I was wondering if someone could tell me what is or are ''ladies in waiting?'' I keep reading it on different posts, but can''t seem to figure it out. Is it women who are waiting for the proposal?

Thanks so much! You guys are great!

Hi,

Yes, it sounds so old fashioned, doesn''t it? It goes against every feminist cell in my body, but here I am. Everyone in this group basically knows that it''s around the corner, many of us have done the research and picked out our stones, or even been involved in the purchase of the stones, but because of crazy age old traditions are left waiting for the question to be "popped."

This string has been a nice place for us to unload our frustrations, or vent, or be excited for each other, tell jokes, or whatever.

I, for one, never gave two poops for such frilly things before, but now that I know it''s coming, I''m pretty excited about it.

So there you are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results