shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxious to get the engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
goldengirl - glad to hear your dog is feeling better.

blueroses - my prayers to you & your family

jcjd - i''m keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you

njc

Brilliant_Rock
GG - Glad to hear your puppy is feeling better! Im sure it was something silly. Thats when i wish animals could talk to you. Puppy whats wrong? Why are you limping. Oh mom, i was running to meet you at the door and i ran into the coffee table. Nothing big, ill be okay!
emdog.gif
Glad to hear the b/f mom took the move in well. I was worried to tell my mother too and tried to avoid the phrase, "Im moving in with D", i just let the fact that i wasnt looking for an apartment of my own say it. But my dad finally made me say it and i was VERY surprised that they were both okay (to an extent... they figured they cant stop me at 25!).

Blue - My b/f aunt had lung cancer (she was a smoker). Having seen what it can do first hand i wish your aunt all the best of luck and will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I was the person who would have a cigerette or two while out at the bar, but after watching all that she and my b/f family (she lived with them for a year) went through, i refuse to touch one and try to tell my close friends what could happen. But best of luck!

Melissa - $5 is a steal on a deposit! Im sure it is frustrating to know you like this dress but might find something else in 6 mos!

So me and the b/f had some friends over last night to watch Virginia Tech
9.gif
, whoop up on some Maryland (sorry PSU, and i know your loyalty lay with Joe P) and we were cleaning up the dishes and all and this is the conversation we had:
D: So you can start your Easter egg hunt tomorrow.
Me: What?!
D: Your scavenger hunt or whatever. Im picking the ring up tomorrow. But if you find it im going to be PISSED.
Me: WHAT?!?! WHEN DO I GET IT!??!
D: Not for a while. I have it all planned out.
Me:
6.gif
23.gif
30.gif
39.gif
11.gif
32.gif
26.gif
3.gif
33.gif
40.gif
14.gif
12.gif
30.gif
32.gif
4.gif
9.gif
So when do i get it?!?!

I dont know that i can handle it being in the apartment and not getting it!!! So any day now! I would LOVE to be able to go home for T-giving with that sucker on my finger!
30.gif
I would even be willing to split my time between my house and his (a good 4 hr drive) so he could show it off to his family! And personally i dont know that the b/f can hold onto it for a long time. He gets more excited about surprises than anyone i know! And we are going on a boat cruise around DC tomorrow night... IM GOING TO DRIVE MYSELF NUTS ALL WEEKEND!!!
32.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Palm and NJC so VERY much
1.gif
I appreciate it.

In spite of everything, I do still have my fingers crossed for Thanksgiving...we'll see. I wish I'd found this board months ago in my waiting game, it would have saved me some of my craziness. But we'll see...big family holiday weekend. I hope there are a FEW crossed off this time next week!!

OOH, NJC I'm not sure how you are holding it together now! I mean, YAY he's picking up the ring, but this is going to try your patience!! But maybe he is trying, again, to throw you off the scent? There ARE a lot of holidays coming up.... Exciting!! :) PICTURES pronto once it's on your hot little hand...but for now we will all be patient with you
2.gif

denverkat

Rough_Rock
I love this new pattern of life..usually my weekends mean studying and boredom, but the anticipation of "who''s going to be next" is great!

I''ve been getting a few more clues, myself. Last night when BF and I were getting ice cream, he "nonchalantly" started asking very specific "remind me again what we did on our first date" kind of questions....and last week (and I am such a moron for this) he told me that a co-worker told him that the Stanley Hotel in Estes park was in off-season over the winter. (This being a palce we''ve actually stopped by to look at in terms of lovely wedding locations) Anyway, he asked if I''d like to see about going up there for a few days at Christmas and inviting my parents. I was in the middle of writing a paper and responded with a gruff "sure, I guess, yeah, whatever, if you really want to" and then the next day it hit me like a brick- what he *might* be planning. So I quickly changed my mind and added some enthusiasm :)

Speaking of dreams, apparently, HE had a dream that he gave me the e-ring and asked the big Q, only to have me peer into it and start pointing out inclusions :) Maybe I read Pricescope too much, or maybe he''s got something on his mind- Christmas isn''t very far away..

Kat, Final exam tomorrow-no more diamonds today!
17.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Wow, look at all the great news. Goldengirl, glad Cairo is better.

NJC, I am totally excited for you, so much so. I may forget about myself for a while. A welcome break. Dont' go looking for it. It will spoil the surprise.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Denverkat, isn't it funny how you don't think of these things until afterwards. That would be so nice for your parents to be there, you would just have to get married there now. It's where you got engaged.
emteeth.gif

Soulsis, I am glad to hear I am normal. It's just so tiring. I think that last conversation was the last. I haven't mentioned nor do I want to. I am now looking forward to getting my ring, whatever it is. I am thinking he went with the cheaper setting to splurge more on the rock, and I have officially embraced the bling, so bring it on.
emotion-5.gif

Psu, you guys are great looking couple. Very cute together. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Okay, another question. Do you ladies look at the proposal ideas and wonder if they are your SO. I totally think this one guy is my BF or at least I would hope so. Dang it.

Bluroses, you never know. It will always be when you least expect it.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
BlueRoses- My thoughts and positive healing energy are going out to you and your family, I hope that your Aunt responds well to treatment.

GoldenGirl- I am glad that puppy limp is better-animals can be so worrisome, but worth it.

Yanekie- Oh my goodness- I am so glad I am not the only bizarro person who is hoping htat her boyfriend is one fo the ''faceless masses'' on this site. I know mine isn''t in the proposal area yet- but I keep hoping he is one of the ones asking questions on diamonds.....

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2004 3:14:18 PM
Author: njc
Ginger - Sorry to hear that you and Leon had to part ways. I''ve heard of him doing this before.
He has done it before. I talked to him about a given style that was close to something he had done once but in larger stones.

When I told him what I wanted to see and how I wanted to modify it, he told me it would look "horrible" because the side stones would be too small.

Whiteflash made EXACTLY what I asked for....and the funny thing is, once I posted pictures, people asked me "was that inspired by this Leon ring"? Hysterical......my adaptation couldn''t have looked too horrible if folks were so readily able to correctly guess the inspiration.

However, you''re making the right move, Ginger. There''s positively NO point in working on any project (especially one this important!) with someone who is unenthusiastic about the design or the project.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of the oddest threads ever, its huge and yet it''s all about...NOTHING and EVERYTHING at once!
2.gif

I wanted to chime in because, GG, I saw your pup wasn''t feeling well. We took Portia into the vet this week, she was throwing up all her food for a day, this on the heels of throwing up consistently once a day for 3 days before that.

They did blood work and xrays, turns out that she had eaten part of a lamb bone we''d given her, and it was stuck...it eventually came out in her poo. Now we aren''t supposed to give her real bones, just the nylabones, which of course are more pricey, but I found them online at a wholesale store for $1.10 each as opposed to $2.50 at local stores!

Anyhow, I definitely wish the dogs could talk!! No one wants to be a paranoid dog parent rushing the kid into the vet for a whole lot of nothing, but on the other hand, don''t want to overlook something that could be serious. Keep us posted on your doggy''s recovery!
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, ladies, time for a new thread! I'm hoping this will help the new girls feel more like part of the gang! Future posts, please direct them here!

Edited to add: Mara, I posted over you. Thanks for the well wishes, everyone....he is doing a whole lot better, in fact it's getting to where I get dirty looks for trying to restrict his activities.
9.gif
That was exactly my problem...I was afraid I'd miss something big by trying to not be a worrywart.
32.gif
Luckily, I think we're going to come out of this with nothing more serious than a few gray hairs!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results