shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Art Carved Wedding Band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:37:54 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Being a girl''s girl myself
3.gif
(trust me...there is so much more I want to say but will resist!) I love it. Great find. I think it looks nice with your e-ring or would look great on its own. It''s fun to have choices huh?
9.gif
Thankyou Tacori, I agree its great fun to have choices. I cannot wait until have my vintage OEC ring, as I''m thinking they will look great together !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:45:35 PM
Author: rainydaze

Date: 11/14/2008 7:31:56 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 11/14/2008 12:04:44 PM
Author: rainydaze
what a great find, arjunajane! it is such a beautiful piece! i love how some of them had the original tags, that is so sweet!

if it were me, i wouldn''t be able to help but wear something so unique and so special as my wband. is it comfortable even though it is 1.5 sizes too big for that finger? my ering is too big (just 1/4 - 1/2 though), and sometimes it is a little annoying. however, it has hand engraving and i cannot bear to interrupt the pattern or lose any of it. so for me, the lesser of two evils, so to speak, is to just wear it a little large. in the case of your ring, i am not sure i could bear to part with any piece of it either!
Hey rainy,
thankyou for your comments - the only thing is, I''m not actually married yet
emembarrassed.gif
, and we don''t have a date set...I''m completely cool with that, but not sure whether I can let this little guy sit in a draw ''until'', lol ! ...
oops! sorry AJ! there i go, not paying attention in class again!

hmmmm.... in that case i would claim it as my RHR for now so i could wear it
11.gif
and then pull a ''would you look at that? it just jumped hands!'' when the wedding occurs!
2.gif
9.gif
Don''t be silly sweety, how were you to know ! I''m the weirdo buying w-bands before I even have a date, LOL !

I like your thinking - or even a "well, this one''s scratched now, do you think we can have Van Craynest make a similiar one".....
2.gif
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 9:57:41 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Oh wow, I really love this ring!

I love the intricate detail and the two tone colors, oh, and I love butterflies! I think it looks great with your ring. I actually wanted to post earlier but I was waiting for the hand pictures!

One always has to be careful about what they post. Once I posted interest in two diamonds, but was leaning towards one more than the other. I put the post to find out which one I should get.

Within a day or two, the diamond I wanted was gone. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what.

On a side note, I have gotten some fabulous deals on ebay. My current setting I got on ebay. It's a Simon G platinum ring and I got it for a steal. The person who sold it to me got it last year (July) and paid over $4k for it from Robbins Bros. ( I know because I got the receipt with the ring and the 'lighted box') I got it for an amazing amazing price. Same thing with my sapphire Ritani ring.

Anyway, congrats again!
Thankyou Butterfly, of course you love b'flies, lol !
I am also very happy it is 2 tone, as so is my ering, and also a new antique OEC ring I am soon to get - another ebay find ..
2.gif

I am sorry to hear about your diamond, and I'm glad that you and others understand my side of the story!
I can't believe you found a new Simon G set on ebay for a steal, well done to you !

And thankyou Diamond dana for your kind compliment
1.gif

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 5:20:53 AM
Author:arjunajane
Just wanted to share my new Ebay find with you guys..

It is a vintage Art Carved wedding band, 14k yellow and white gold. It is never been worn stock from a retired jeweller, about 60yrs old. The seller had a number of them and I was tempted to buy a couple - some even had the original tag on them, with the price of $14.75 !
6.gif

In the end though, this was the one I really wanted - the pattern is so sweet, and the quality reminds me of VC
1.gif
I am hoping it will go with my solitaire, in which case I may use as my ''official'' w-band.

I probably won''t have it for couple weeks, will be sure to post more pics then !

Oh, and if anyone has insight on how this was made I''d love to hear - its looks like a WG ring was created, then a YG one laid around it - I love it!
That is the most AMAZING wedding band! I am in love...and if you find it''s really too bid I would volunteer to take it off your hands
31.gif
17.gif
31.gif
It looks like it stepped out of another era and the band is so intricate and interesting. Art carved bands are always such high quality, and I''m sure this one is no exception. Lucky you, finding such a wonderful band
\
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 3:37:16 AM
Author: flowerladytoo

That is the most AMAZING wedding band! I am in love...and if you find it''s really too bid I would volunteer to take it off your hands
31.gif
17.gif
31.gif
It looks like it stepped out of another era and the band is so intricate and interesting. Art carved bands are always such high quality, and I''m sure this one is no exception. Lucky you, finding such a wonderful band
2.gif
Hi there flowerlady
thankyou kindly !
It is amazing how it is in impeccable condition, and is about 60 yrs old ! It seems like its never even been tried on - I love it, the look of antique/vintage without the wear
5.gif

It is probably the highest quality I have seen in jewellery, as all the details are sooo tiny, you can tell it was completely hand made - how we wish they still worked like that, right?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any finger ''real estate'' either! LOL But I can get four rings on my finger, probably because they are all 1.5 to 2mm only. I say try it and see.

Also, what do you think about a thin YG diamond band between them? Would it compete with the vintage look? You can find really low-prices on simple bands like that at amazon.com (you do have to be careful of clarity). I bought a 10K WG one to pair with some RHRs.

I''m so happy that this beautiful ring found a home with someone who will love it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 11:55:20 AM
Author: HollyS
I don''t have any finger ''real estate'' either! LOL But I can get four rings on my finger, probably because they are all 1.5 to 2mm only. I say try it and see.

Also, what do you think about a thin YG diamond band between them? Would it compete with the vintage look? You can find really low-prices on simple bands like that at amazon.com (you do have to be careful of clarity). I bought a 10K WG one to pair with some RHRs.

I''m so happy that this beautiful ring found a home with someone who will love it!
Hey Holly, thankyou that is very sweet of you to say!
I probably can''t afford even a "cheap" diamond band at the moment, but I have just ordered some gold stackers so we will see..
Thanks again for the ideas!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that must have been the buy of the century on ebay. It''s also so three dimensional, and I love that about it. It''s not a flat or semi-flat carving all the way around. Such detail. You scored big time on that deal. I LOVE IT.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Looks absolutely gorgeous AJ. I think wearing and enjoying it now should not preclude you from deciding to use it as a wedding band in the future. However this is from someone who no longer wears her original wedding band
37.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh aj, it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to resist wearing it as a RHR, and a stackable one at that! See how you feel about it down the track... if that special wedding ring doesn't ever show you've got a stunning alternative waiting in the wings!! How gorgeous woud it be with a thin diamond band sandwiched between it and your fabulous Ering... mmmmmmmmmm...
18.gif

The work on it is simply breathtaking. The two tone, the butterflies... I LOOOOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hey girls!

Thankyou tourmaline for your compliments!

Thanks softly - I guess you are right, as long as I look after it, I can probably use it as both. Cheers for the suggestion
5.gif

Hey dandiand, thankyou honey! ! Hrmm..don't tempt me! I will have to try that combo on some time just for kicks (and of course take pics, lol)..
I have just ordered some 1mm gold-filled stackers, so I'm hoping they will look cute together
5.gif

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
AJ you were right, the vendor''s pictures do NOT do this incredible ring justice!! The craftsmanship is impeccable, and I think it compliments your e-ring beautifully. May you enjoy it for many years to come.

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane - so sorry I am late, but, I have been in love with your band ever since you announce you purchased it!
30.gif
The band is beautiful and I think it looks lovely with your e-ring. However you should decide to wear it though, it will look lovely. Of course, I am not telling you anything you do not already know.

Such a great find!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a search on the artcarved website, and I don't even think they make anything as ornate as that band anymore. That's a pity, even if you had to pay full price. It's certainly a beautiful piece of artwork for the finger.

My husband has an artcarved band that he's worn almost everyday for the last 15 years. They also really hold up nicely.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou very much Dogmom and Gorri!

Hey Omie, not at all! Thankyou for your lovely comments
5.gif

Hey TL - yeah, exactly what I did and couldn''t find anything either - to be honest I never would''ve guessed they made these, everything on their site is so modern now.
Wouldn''t it be great if one of these companies still offered a line like these - clearly from this thread there''s alot of interest!
That is good to know about your hubby''s band - I haven''t owned something in 14k before, as they either do 9 or 18kt in Oz..
5.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only other line I can think of that even comes close to this is Van Craeynest, and, althogh they're drop dead gorgeous, I don't feel like paying $2000 for a band with hardly any diamonds. I looked all over the internet as well, and tradeshop.com carries ornate bands, but they lack the dimensionality that this one has, unless you get a custom one. I wish you knew the design style name unless I missed it in one of the posts. It must be pretty old if you had a price tag of $14.75 still attached to it. I'm guessing 1960's???

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:39:26 PM
Date: 11/14/2008 12:28:31 PM

Author: dragonfly411

Jane - don''t let one sour apple dampen your day! your ring is GORGEOUS! and so unique. I hope I can find something at least half that detailed and beautiful for my wedding band. I love it! Did you mention the seller and I just didn''t see? I''d like to be able to haunt them in case they get any other unique pieces in lol

Hey dragonfly,

thankyou! The seller was on ebay : richard allen jewelers - unfortunately, they don''t currently have anything like it left, except for one mens'' one - I will post a pic here incase anyone likes it, perhaps it can be resized - it is also a steal at only $130 !

I am always trawling ebay for estate pieces, I will happily post a link if I come across something similiar again, ok.
5.gif

aj - Thank you so much for posting that, I''m going to lurk to see if they come up with anything I have to have in the future
27.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love love love the band!!! What beautiful workmanship :) I''d wear it with a spacer band with your ER I think.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Arjunajane, how could I have missed this thread? I love the sculpturing on that band, and I'll bet anything it was die-struck
2.gif

Lucky lady!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous band! Congratulations on your find! I like it with your wedding band, personally. Do you think you could put sizing beads inside so it would fit better? Definitely don''t resize it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome Dragonfly !

Thankyou Stepcutnut for your comments and suggestion
5.gif

Hey LIB, I was hoping you''d be along! I know I''m gonna look silly, but what exactly does die-struck mean? I''m just debating how to describe this for my insurance, lol..

Hey Thing! What a great idea, I''d never even thought of sizing beads *slaps forehead*...I will have to make some enquiries into that me thinks..
Thanks honey!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think this ring is so pretty! I have an engraved ring as my wband and I think they''re just so special. I vote that you just wear it now instead of using it as a wedding band. You can always stack and mix and match later but I think your wedding band should be seperate. If you are looking for a similar wedding band, I know of an ebay seller who has antique ring molds and casts new rings out of them. He had some very nice engraved bands last time I checked and they''re very reasonable. They aren''t as ornate as yours but still very nice. I can find the sellers name if you''d like.

I believe die struck means it is made differently than if it were just cast... and thereford more durable.

PS: I, too, keep auctions or deals to myself until I decide to purchase something or not. I wouldn''t expect any different from my fellow pricescopers.
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m totally late to this thread but I love your new band! I''d keep it as a right hand ring stacker, but it''s gorgeous no matter what you choose to do with it!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:01:10 PM

Hey LIB, I was hoping you''d be along! I know I''m gonna look silly, but what exactly does die-struck mean? I''m just debating how to describe this for my insurance, lol..
Not silly at all! Try these links:

http://vancraeynest.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/the-tradition-a-glossary-of-van-craeynest-techniques/

http://vancraeynest.com/workshop.html

(both describe the die-striking process with slightly different wording, I believe the wordpress is new!)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your band looks gorgeous and very well made, what a bargain!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 11:25:04 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 11/17/2008 9:01:10 PM

Not silly at all! Try these links:

http://vancraeynest.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/the-tradition-a-glossary-of-van-craeynest-techniques/

http://vancraeynest.com/workshop.html

(both describe the die-striking process with slightly different wording, I believe the wordpress is new!)
Great links LIB ! I hope mine is die-struck, what great info..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 11:04:22 PM
Author: oobiecoo
I think this ring is so pretty! I have an engraved ring as my wband and I think they''re just so special. I vote that you just wear it now instead of using it as a wedding band. You can always stack and mix and match later but I think your wedding band should be seperate. If you are looking for a similar wedding band, I know of an ebay seller who has antique ring molds and casts new rings out of them. He had some very nice engraved bands last time I checked and they''re very reasonable. They aren''t as ornate as yours but still very nice. I can find the sellers name if you''d like.

I believe die struck means it is made differently than if it were just cast... and thereford more durable.

PS: I, too, keep auctions or deals to myself until I decide to purchase something or not. I wouldn''t expect any different from my fellow pricescopers.
9.gif
hey Oobie - I would be interested to know the seller if you are happy to share -I''m surprised there are hand-made quality like this on ebay!
Thankyou for your comments
5.gif

Thankyou very much Kelli and Kcoursolle !
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh so pretty! What a great find.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Apparently he also does some semi-mounts. I have a couple of tiny diamonds and he has some mounts that would fit them perfectly!
31.gif
None of the sellers like LOGR make them for diamonds as small as mine.

The seller is blufoxxcreations. Alot of his pictures are of newly casted rings so they haven''t been polished or anything yet and look almost dirty. Don''t let that deter you from taking a closer look though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results