shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Art Carved Wedding Band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh AJ, this is very very pretty! I lurve it! Its just the kind of thing I would want for myself..

Cant wait to see hand pics!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 2:05:28 PM
Author: Debsparkle

Date: 10/28/2008 6:38:20 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/28/2008 6:05:05 AM

Author: beau13

Gorgeous!!

Please DO share whom the vendor is, I''d love to snag a few of these myself.

Thanks

Knew you''d be along shortly Beau, thanks !

They are all sold at the moment, except for a men''s one. I was considering getting it for my Fi as he really liked it..

I don''t mind to share the seller, but to be honest I was thinking I may get a 2nd one for stacking (if they have more). If thats the case, I would like us to call dibs, perhaps in this thread, on what we''re after - hope thats ok with you!

(that goes for you too, lurkers, lol !)..

It is Richard Allen jewelers, happy shopping
5.gif

Hi! I can''t locate him on Ebay..does he have a seller link, or store name:???:
Thank you!!
35.gif
Just search for "richardallen". I did contact him today, he won''t be getting any more of these bands in. It''s too bad us PS''ers didn''t know about the bands he was selling sooner...we could have bid on the few he had! Hmmmmmm.. Oh well. The man''s band he has left is reasonably priced, but looks a little too feminine for a man (in my opinion) It''s a 10, and can''t be sized down too much, and it would disrupt the pattern!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! I actually looked at this auction but the ring was not my size. Congratulations!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 3:46:21 PM

Date: 10/28/2008 2:05:28 PM

Hi! I can''t locate him on Ebay..does he have a seller link, or store name:???:
Thank you!!
35.gif
Just search for ''richardallen''. I did contact him today, he won''t be getting any more of these bands in. It''s too bad us PS''ers didn''t know about the bands he was selling sooner...we could have bid on the few he had! Hmmmmmm.. Oh well. The man''s band he has left is reasonably priced, but looks a little too feminine for a man (in my opinion) It''s a 10, and can''t be sized down too much, and it would disrupt the pattern!
Beau13, I''m sorry you feel that way, but I''m not sure what you expect of me - to let everyone here know what I''m bidding on so it gets too expensive or someone else wins?
33.gif

Also, not sure if you saw my reply to you earlier in the thread, letting you know these bands were NR, but they quickly reached quite abit over $20
1.gif
I was just mentioning they still had the original vintage pricetag attached of $14.75, but thats not how much they were now.
Like I said, if they were less than $20 I would''ve just bought the lot !

hope that clears things up some
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone for your kind responses!

Thankyou MMt, Coati, Ellen and Woonwater!

Cheers SDL, Dee and Catmom - me too !

Thankyou kindly Crickett, julesbeth, stepcutnut and Addy !
Debsparkle, it is richardallen jewelers - let me know if you still can''t find it.
5.gif

Thankyou Diamond Dana and Grace, I was hoping you''d like it - I promise hand pics of course
5.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane, dear that is beautiful!! I have never cared for VC (or that type of styling), but this band has the most whimsical, old world feel to it. The detailing is gorgeous. I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm sure you will adore it once it comes in.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 12:28:26 AM
Author: somehowcollide
arjunajane, dear that is beautiful!! I have never cared for VC (or that type of styling), but this band has the most whimsical, old world feel to it. The detailing is gorgeous. I can''t wait to see more pictures. I''m sure you will adore it once it comes in.

Thankyou SHC ! Haven''t seen you round for a lil while...

and haven''t seen a certain "asscher" either.....

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely and a nice find.

Since at any time there could be thousands of people lurking on PS you''d be nuts to post what you are interested in or bidding on. Everyone has to do their own homework! You did yours and what a nice reward!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 2:34:01 AM
Author: swingirl
Your ring is lovely and a nice find.

Since at any time there could be thousands of people lurking on PS you''d be nuts to post what you are interested in or bidding on. Everyone has to do their own homework! You did yours and what a nice reward!
Hi swingirl - thats kinda what I thought, lol !
Thankyou kindly for your comments.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so pretty!!!

Debsparkle

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 9:47:32 PM
Thankyou everyone for your kind responses!

Thankyou MMt, Coati, Ellen and Woonwater!

Cheers SDL, Dee and Catmom - me too !

Thankyou kindly Crickett, julesbeth, stepcutnut and Addy !

Debsparkle, it is richardallen jewelers - let me know if you still can''t find it.
5.gif

Thankyou Diamond Dana and Grace, I was hoping you''d like it - I promise hand pics of course
5.gif
Oh well, I looked for richardallen jewelers, it must be sold! oh well, I love yours! wear it the best of health.!
21.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
arjun, it''s a beautiful ring. I also don''t see why you have to share any items you''re wanting to buy with us
33.gif
, that''s assuming a lot.

Good find!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome find.....wear it in good health and enjoy!!!!

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey again all !

Thankyou Skip and Loriken xx

Thankyou Angeline for your compliment and comments sweetheart xx

Hey again Debsparkle - yep, I mentioned at the start that they were all sold - unfortunately they said they don''t plan on having any more, soz ! But I am always trawling ebay estate sellers for good finds like this, you should give it a go ! It takes some patience and searching, but occasionally you come across a gem
5.gif

Debsparkle

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 6:56:57 AM
Hey again all !

Hey again Debsparkle - yep, I mentioned at the start that they were all sold - unfortunately they said they don''t plan on having any more, soz ! But I am always trawling ebay estate sellers for good finds like this, you should give it a go ! It takes some patience and searching, but occasionally you come across a gem
5.gif

yep! will do! I really enjoy the artcarved line...maybe someday I''ll find a cool one..appreciate your comments..

35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 2:21:57 PM

Date: 10/31/2008 6:56:57 AM
Hey again all !

Hey again Debsparkle - yep, I mentioned at the start that they were all sold - unfortunately they said they don't plan on having any more, soz ! But I am always trawling ebay estate sellers for good finds like this, you should give it a go ! It takes some patience and searching, but occasionally you come across a gem
5.gif

yep! will do! I really enjoy the artcarved line...maybe someday I'll find a cool one..appreciate your comments..

35.gif
You're welcome Deb. I have heard of A.C around PS, but we don't get their stuff here. I was really surprised with these bands, as I had no idea the company had such a history.!
I have no doubt you can find something you love, and I will keep an eye out ok.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
THE BAND IS HEEERREEE!!!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
3.gif

now, I''m sorry to gush - but it is simply the prettiest, most intricate, detailed, cutest, amazing little piece of art I have ever seen in person! I had high hopes, but it has exceeded all expectations. It is in amazing immaculate condition, not a hint of wear. I am IN LOVE !!!

I also can''t say enough nice things about the ebay seller I got it from - Richard Allen Jewelers. Admittedly, usually their stuff ain''t that nice, so this was kinda a fluke. But their price was Great, shipping reasonable, packaginf A+, and it even came with a little thankyou note and discount promo for future.
And best of all, I paid $200 US for it
6.gif
I never thought I would get such wonderful quality items on ebay..

They''re not the best pics as I was in a rush, and I''m in dire need of a mani, but I really wanted to share straight away.
41.gif

It''s a killer shame as it is a couple sizes too big for my wedding finger, because I am Loving it with my solitaire ! I was going to wear it on my RH ring finger, but its seems almost too special.

What do ppl think, should I wear and enjoy it as a RHR, or save it as a wedding band..?

on rose2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The milgrain on the edges is soooo fine, you can only see it if you put your nose right up close...Everything is detailed, even the little butterflies and etched..

(sorry, I know, I''m gushing, lol)..

profile milgain1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The details..this is "super" macro I''m using to get these, lol...

It is very slim as well, I''d say 2mm as its slimmer than my Legato.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, the pic..

upclose AC.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done a bunch of handshots with my solitaire - please tell me if you think they go together or no..?

hand AC4.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
handshot..

hand AC2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And profile, love this view..
I feel like it would be such a shame to interrupt the pattern to re-size...?

hand profile AC1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Last one - pls excuse non-moisturized hands and any other flaws, I was in a rush !

profile AC2.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. I''m not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If I found something fabulous I wouldn''t risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 5:21:32 AM
Author: Maisie
I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. I''m not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If I found something fabulous I wouldn''t risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!
Hey Maisie, thankyou Honey! I''m not sure either, but thats ok.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. II'm not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If found something fabulous I wouldn't risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!
Ah..yeah..you're reading this all wrong. I simply meant, that if she had already bought the ring and there were more for sale (which she wasn't intersted in), some PS'ers could have taken advantage of the deal (didn't intend to offend, women can be so sensitive at times, taking things the wrong way..not used to that since I live with all males...thank GOD I don't have girls..too hormonal/moody) Sorry..getting off topic!
No biggie..I post links to E-bay with great items/deals all the time (those which I don't want to bid on, but think someone else might enjoy). The ring is cute..looks okay with your e-ring, however it does look a little wider (if that's the term..sticks out more than the e-ring on your finger)..hope that makes sense. I think that's the case because it's too big?? If it were mine, I'd have it re-sized..it won't really disrupt the pattern since it's not really a uniform pattern, there's lots going on there..flowers, gold balls...etc. (so it won't even be detected I wouldn't think!)

Richard (Allen) is great to deal with..and he told me it was a one time deal with these bands, however he would notify me of any goodies he receives in the future, before listing them on E-bay. If it's something I'm not interested in, I will let PS'ers know.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, it''s just gorgeous! I would love to own one myself
2.gif
Wear it well! It looks fab with your e-ring.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 6:37:54 AM

I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. II'm not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If found something fabulous I wouldn't risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!
Ah..yeah..you're reading this all wrong. I simply meant, that if she had already bought the ring and there were more for sale (which she wasn't intersted in), some PS'ers could have taken advantage of the deal (didn't intend to offend, women can be so sensitive at times, taking things the wrong way..not used to that since I live with all males...thank GOD I don't have girls..too hormonal/moody) Sorry..getting off topic!
No biggie..I post links to E-bay with great items/deals all the time (those which I don't want to bid on, but think someone else might enjoy). The ring is cute..looks okay with your e-ring, however it does look a little wider (if that's the term..sticks out more than the e-ring on your finger)..hope that makes sense. I think that's the case because it's too big?? If it were mine, I'd have it re-sized..it won't really disrupt the pattern since it's not really a uniform pattern, there's lots going on there..flowers, gold balls...etc. (so it won't even be detected I wouldn't think!)

Richard (Allen) is great to deal with..and he told me it was a one time deal with these bands, however he would notify me of any goodies he receives in the future, before listing them on E-bay. If it's something I'm not interested in, I will let PS'ers know.
Beau, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this already, but all the listings were ending at the same time. So as others have said, it really wouldn't have made sense for me to post about it, ok?
In your own words, you post links to stuff on ebay that you don't want for yourself...I don't see how this is different? How would you feel if when you posted about your 5 stone diamond band, the first thing ppl said was "why didn't you let others know so we could have bid"..? Not very nice, is it?

You say you don't mean to offend, but I still am picking up some condescension in your tone. I have posted links and listed sellers on ebay for others many times aswell fwiw, and I think it is perfectly clear what you are implying.
7.gif

Either way, I'd appreciate it if we could leave this alone now, as this is after all a SMTR thread.

With regards to your comments about the ring, yes, it does look wider as its about 1.5 sizes too big, but it is actually thinner than my ering (not by much). I'm not sure why you suggest to have it re-sized if it only looks "okay" with my ering...?
33.gif

For the record, the pattern is uniform all the way around, and yes with alot of details - and this is why I love it so much.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:32:21 AM
Author: gemgirl
AJ, it''s just gorgeous! I would love to own one myself
2.gif
Wear it well! It looks fab with your e-ring.
Thankyou gemgirl !
5.gif

I will post some more pics on the w''end on my RH, and perhaps see whether ppl prefer it with the ering or no, I am eager to hear !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results