shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Art Carved Wedding Band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wow those shots are so pretty! That ring looks gorgeous next to your E-Ring!

Congrats on a great find!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 6:37:54 AM
Author: beau13

Date: 11/14/2008 5:21:32 AM
Author: Maisie
I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. II''m not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If found something fabulous I wouldn''t risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!
Ah..yeah..you''re reading this all wrong. I simply meant, that if she had already bought the ring and there were more for sale (which she wasn''t intersted in), some PS''ers could have taken advantage of the deal (didn''t intend to offend, women can be so sensitive at times, taking things the wrong way..not used to that since I live with all males...thank GOD I don''t have girls..too hormonal/moody) Sorry..getting off topic!
No biggie..I post links to E-bay with great items/deals all the time (those which I don''t want to bid on, but think someone else might enjoy). The ring is cute..looks okay with your e-ring, however it does look a little wider (if that''s the term..sticks out more than the e-ring on your finger)..hope that makes sense. I think that''s the case because it''s too big?? If it were mine, I''d have it re-sized..it won''t really disrupt the pattern since it''s not really a uniform pattern, there''s lots going on there..flowers, gold balls...etc. (so it won''t even be detected I wouldn''t think!)

Richard (Allen) is great to deal with..and he told me it was a one time deal with these bands, however he would notify me of any goodies he receives in the future, before listing them on E-bay. If it''s something I''m not interested in, I will let PS''ers know.
Wow, thats a bit mean Beau. I think you are being a bit harsh here. I don''t think my post came across as ''hormonal/moody'' and its a bit offensive that you think just because we have differeing opinions you can be unkind.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:59:42 AM
Author: arjunajane

I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. II''m not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If found something fabulous I wouldn''t risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!
Ah..yeah..you''re reading this all wrong. I simply meant, that if she had already bought the ring and there were more for sale (which she wasn''t intersted in), some PS''ers could have taken advantage of the deal (didn''t intend to offend, women can be so sensitive at times, taking things the wrong way..not used to that since I live with all males...thank GOD I don''t have girls..too hormonal/moody) Sorry..getting off topic!
No biggie..I post links to E-bay with great items/deals all the time (those which I don''t want to bid on, but think someone else might enjoy). The ring is cute..looks okay with your e-ring, however it does look a little wider (if that''s the term..sticks out more than the e-ring on your finger)..hope that makes sense. I think that''s the case because it''s too big?? If it were mine, I''d have it re-sized..it won''t really disrupt the pattern since it''s not really a uniform pattern, there''s lots going on there..flowers, gold balls...etc. (so it won''t even be detected I wouldn''t think!)

Richard (Allen) is great to deal with..and he told me it was a one time deal with these bands, however he would notify me of any goodies he receives in the future, before listing them on E-bay. If it''s something I''m not interested in, I will let PS''ers know.
Beau, I''m pretty sure I mentioned this already, but all the listings were ending at the same time. So as others have said, it really wouldn''t have made sense for me to post about it, ok?
In your own words, you post links to stuff on ebay that you don''t want for yourself...I don''t see how this is different? How would you feel if when you posted about your 5 stone diamond band, the first thing ppl said was ''why didn''t you let others know so we could have bid''..? Not very nice, is it?

You say you don''t mean to offend, but I still am picking up some condescension in your tone. I have posted links and listed sellers on ebay for others many times aswell fwiw, and I think it is perfectly clear what you are implying.
7.gif

Either way, I''d appreciate it if we could leave this alone now, as this is after all a SMTR thread.

With regards to your comments about the ring, yes, it does look wider as its about 1.5 sizes too big, but it is actually thinner than my ering (not by much). I''m not sure why you suggest to have it re-sized if it only looks ''okay'' with my ering...?
33.gif

For the record, the pattern is uniform all the way around, and yes with alot of details - and this is why I love it so much.
5.gif
Um..my 5 stone wasn''t up for bidding, I outright bought it!!There was no bidding!

Your new band looks SUPERFABULISTIC with your solitaire..ENJOY!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 9:13:20 AM

Date: 11/14/2008 7:59:42 AM

I think its beautiful AJ! What a wonderful find. II'm not sure if Beau meant you should have told us they were for sale, if thats the case I would disagree. If found something fabulous I wouldn't risk someone coming along and taking it at the last minute!!
Ah..yeah..you're reading this all wrong. I simply meant, that if she had already bought the ring and there were more for sale (which she wasn't intersted in), some PS'ers could have taken advantage of the deal (didn't intend to offend, women can be so sensitive at times, taking things the wrong way..not used to that since I live with all males...thank GOD I don't have girls..too hormonal/moody) Sorry..getting off topic!
No biggie..I post links to E-bay with great items/deals all the time (those which I don't want to bid on, but think someone else might enjoy). The ring is cute..looks okay with your e-ring, however it does look a little wider (if that's the term..sticks out more than the e-ring on your finger)..hope that makes sense. I think that's the case because it's too big?? If it were mine, I'd have it re-sized..it won't really disrupt the pattern since it's not really a uniform pattern, there's lots going on there..flowers, gold balls...etc. (so it won't even be detected I wouldn't think!)

Richard (Allen) is great to deal with..and he told me it was a one time deal with these bands, however he would notify me of any goodies he receives in the future, before listing them on E-bay. If it's something I'm not interested in, I will let PS'ers know.
Beau, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this already, but all the listings were ending at the same time. So as others have said, it really wouldn't have made sense for me to post about it, ok?
In your own words, you post links to stuff on ebay that you don't want for yourself...I don't see how this is different? How would you feel if when you posted about your 5 stone diamond band, the first thing ppl said was 'why didn't you let others know so we could have bid'..? Not very nice, is it?

You say you don't mean to offend, but I still am picking up some condescension in your tone. I have posted links and listed sellers on ebay for others many times aswell fwiw, and I think it is perfectly clear what you are implying.
7.gif

Either way, I'd appreciate it if we could leave this alone now, as this is after all a SMTR thread.

With regards to your comments about the ring, yes, it does look wider as its about 1.5 sizes too big, but it is actually thinner than my ering (not by much). I'm not sure why you suggest to have it re-sized if it only looks 'okay' with my ering...?
33.gif

For the record, the pattern is uniform all the way around, and yes with alot of details - and this is why I love it so much.
5.gif
Um..my 5 stone wasn't up for bidding, I outright bought it!!There was no bidding!

Your new band looks SUPERFABULISTIC with your solitaire..ENJOY!
Wow, Its a shame that is all you got out of my post. Semantics, Beau. I hope you realize you have completely missed the point.
There is enough Snark in other areas of the board without bringing it to SMTR aswell, I think you could have shown some manners by acknowledging your assumptions and either making a nice comment about the band, or not making one at all. There is no need for sarcasm. Isn't that the spirit of SMTR?
But hey, I'm a manners kind of person.

Either way, this whole thing has really taken the shine off my new purchase, and a dampener on this thread, which is a shame..
7.gif
And no, I'm not "hormonal"
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:48:48 AM
Author: ckrickett
wow those shots are so pretty! That ring looks gorgeous next to your E-Ring!

Congrats on a great find!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thankyou Crickett honey !

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hiya AJ,

LOVE it!! It looks even prettier than the seller''s pics too
3.gif
. I would personally not think twice about using it as a wedding band in the future - its just so special, methinks. But then again, I tend to wear what I like (jewelry-wise), for as long as I love the piece.

Please enjoy and do not let anything or anyone put a damper on a fab find - you lick it a lot, right (sorry, couldn''t resist
11.gif
)?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a great find, arjunajane! it is such a beautiful piece! i love how some of them had the original tags, that is so sweet!

if it were me, i wouldn''t be able to help but wear something so unique and so special as my wband. is it comfortable even though it is 1.5 sizes too big for that finger? my ering is too big (just 1/4 - 1/2 though), and sometimes it is a little annoying. however, it has hand engraving and i cannot bear to interrupt the pattern or lose any of it. so for me, the lesser of two evils, so to speak, is to just wear it a little large. in the case of your ring, i am not sure i could bear to part with any piece of it either!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jane - don''t let one sour apple dampen your day! your ring is GORGEOUS! and so unique. I hope I can find something at least half that detailed and beautiful for my wedding band. I love it! Did you mention the seller and I just didn''t see? I''d like to be able to haunt them in case they get any other unique pieces in lol

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow it''s gorgeous! I''d go ahead and get it resized for a wedding band. The bottom of the ring will get beat up during wear anyway, and if it''s resized you will have a definite bottom to the ring, as well as a gorgeous and completely unique wedding band!

It''s lovely!
36.gif

And you''re right, the detail IS amazing!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It looks fabulous with your ering, I really love that look! I would re-size it for sure
1.gif

That was a great find!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That is really, really beautiful. I would so enjoy that, and I hope you do too! What a great find!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovelovelove this band! It's just the most darling band ever! Way to be AJ--what a fab find!
36.gif
30.gif

oh, and I love it with your e-ring!!

Very happy for you dear AJ--thank you for sharing your ring with us!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
AJ dear, I think I''m going to start a fan club dedicated to that band! I just love it!!! And I think it really looks lovely with your e-ring. It makes for such a unique, striking set. Congrats on a gorgeous find and please don''t pay any attention to those incongruous, tasteless comments made earlier. Enjoy your beautiful new band!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous!!!! Sending you a hug too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 4:44:15 AM
And profile, love this view..
I feel like it would be such a shame to interrupt the pattern to re-size...?
Is it so big that it wouldn't even work well with perhaps a spacer or other ring stacked between or below? It's perfect with your solitaire if you can find a way to wear them together. I say this because DH just yesterday bought me a new stacking band, and it is a good full size larger than normal. (He couldn't resist a sale!) It's doing really fine with my e-ring, etc.

This really is a lovely piece, and I'm of the same mind that I wouldn't want to potentially 'mess it up' by resizing.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you are all so lovely, thankyou everyone for your delightful comments!
I am here at work on a saturday, and this thread has put a huge smile on my face again !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 11:49:28 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Hiya AJ,

LOVE it!! It looks even prettier than the seller''s pics too
3.gif
. I would personally not think twice about using it as a wedding band in the future - its just so special, methinks. But then again, I tend to wear what I like (jewelry-wise), for as long as I love the piece.

Please enjoy and do not let anything or anyone put a damper on a fab find - you lick it a lot, right (sorry, couldn''t resist
11.gif
)?
Hey Grace,
I lick it, I lick it alot.........ok, I think its getting a bit old now...lol....

But seriously, I''m torn on what to do ! On the one hand (pun intended
3.gif
), I want to enjoy it now, but then on the other it seems to special - I am wearing it today on my RH, so you can probably guess which way I''m leaning
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 12:04:44 PM
Author: rainydaze
what a great find, arjunajane! it is such a beautiful piece! i love how some of them had the original tags, that is so sweet!

if it were me, i wouldn''t be able to help but wear something so unique and so special as my wband. is it comfortable even though it is 1.5 sizes too big for that finger? my ering is too big (just 1/4 - 1/2 though), and sometimes it is a little annoying. however, it has hand engraving and i cannot bear to interrupt the pattern or lose any of it. so for me, the lesser of two evils, so to speak, is to just wear it a little large. in the case of your ring, i am not sure i could bear to part with any piece of it either!
Hey rainy,
thankyou for your comments - the only thing is, I''m not actually married yet
emembarrassed.gif
, and we don''t have a date set...I''m completely cool with that, but not sure whether I can let this little guy sit in a draw "until", lol ! ...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 12:28:31 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Jane - don''t let one sour apple dampen your day! your ring is GORGEOUS! and so unique. I hope I can find something at least half that detailed and beautiful for my wedding band. I love it! Did you mention the seller and I just didn''t see? I''d like to be able to haunt them in case they get any other unique pieces in lol
Hey dragonfly,
thankyou! The seller was on ebay : richard allen jewelers - unfortunately, they don''t currently have anything like it left, except for one mens'' one - I will post a pic here incase anyone likes it, perhaps it can be resized - it is also a steal at only $130 !

I am always trawling ebay for estate pieces, I will happily post a link if I come across something similiar again, ok.
5.gif

d5ac_1_b.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 12:32:12 PM
Author: geckodani
Oh wow it's gorgeous! I'd go ahead and get it resized for a wedding band. The bottom of the ring will get beat up during wear anyway, and if it's resized you will have a definite bottom to the ring, as well as a gorgeous and completely unique wedding band!

It's lovely!
36.gif

And you're right, the detail IS amazing!
Hey Dani,
thankyou love! Thats exactly what I was thinking, that the bottom will get damaged during wear...although, I have no idea when I'm getting married - do you think you could wait? lol..

Thankyou also Poshpepper and Holly for your kind comments !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 5:05:50 PM
Author: coatimundi
Lovelovelove this band! It''s just the most darling band ever! Way to be AJ--what a fab find!
36.gif
30.gif

Thankyou so much Coats, that means alot from someone with your great taste, my pleasure - you know I will always "over-share" when it comes to pics, LOL !

And hey you, I just noticed your sig - I''m sure I''m behind the 8 ball, but when did you graduate? Thats awesome !
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 5:27:36 PM
Author: AdiS
AJ dear, I think I''m going to start a fan club dedicated to that band! I just love it!!! And I think it really looks lovely with your e-ring. It makes for such a unique, striking set. Congrats on a gorgeous find and please don''t pay any attention to those incongruous, tasteless comments made earlier. Enjoy your beautiful new band!
36.gif
Oh thankyou Adis, that is so sweet of you
5.gif

And thankyou Skips honey !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 6:52:02 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 11/14/2008 4:44:15 AM
And profile, love this view..
I feel like it would be such a shame to interrupt the pattern to re-size...?
Is it so big that it wouldn''t even work well with perhaps a spacer or other ring stacked between or below? It''s perfect with your solitaire if you can find a way to wear them together. I say this because DH just yesterday bought me a new stacking band, and it is a good full size larger than normal. (He couldn''t resist a sale!) It''s doing really fine with my e-ring, etc.

This really is a lovely piece, and I''m of the same mind that I wouldn''t want to potentially ''mess it up'' by resizing.
Hey again Holly,
That is a good idea that I had not thought about - infact, I had recently been considering getting a set of these dainty lil stackers - what do you think? (obviously just using 1 though)
5.gif

The only thing is, you can probably see from my pics I have very short stubby fingers, so 2 bands already is quite abit for me , lol..

stackers%20etsy1.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:49:29 PM

Lovelovelove this band! It''s just the most darling band ever! Way to be AJ--what a fab find!
36.gif
30.gif

Thankyou so much Coats, that means alot from someone with your great taste, my pleasure - you know I will always ''over-share'' when it comes to pics, LOL !

And hey you, I just noticed your sig - I''m sure I''m behind the 8 ball, but when did you graduate? Thats awesome !
36.gif
36.gif

Not behind the ball at all! I only graduated yesterday. haHA!

Thanks sweets!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being a girl''s girl myself
3.gif
(trust me...there is so much more I want to say but will resist!) I love it. Great find. I think it looks nice with your e-ring or would look great on its own. It''s fun to have choices huh?
9.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2008 7:31:56 PM

Date: 11/14/2008 12:04:44 PM
Author: rainydaze

Hey rainy,
thankyou for your comments - the only thing is, I''m not actually married yet
emembarrassed.gif
, and we don''t have a date set...I''m completely cool with that, but not sure whether I can let this little guy sit in a draw ''until'', lol ! ...
oops! sorry AJ! there i go, not paying attention in class again!

hmmmm.... in that case i would claim it as my RHR for now so i could wear it
11.gif
and then pull a ''would you look at that? it just jumped hands!'' when the wedding occurs!
2.gif
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I really love this ring!

I love the intricate detail and the two tone colors, oh, and I love butterflies! I think it looks great with your ring. I actually wanted to post earlier but I was waiting for the hand pictures!

One always has to be careful about what they post. Once I posted interest in two diamonds, but was leaning towards one more than the other. I put the post to find out which one I should get.

Within a day or two, the diamond I wanted was gone. I don''t know if it was a coincidence or what.

On a side note, I have gotten some fabulous deals on ebay. My current setting I got on ebay. It''s a Simon G platinum ring and I got it for a steal. The person who sold it to me got it last year (July) and paid over $4k for it from Robbins Bros. ( I know because I got the receipt with the ring and the "lighted box") I got it for an amazing amazing price. Same thing with my sapphire Ritani ring.

Anyway, congrats again!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:10:48 PM

Date: 11/14/2008 7:49:29 PM

36.gif
30.gif

Thankyou so much Coats, that means alot from someone with your great taste, my pleasure - you know I will always ''over-share'' when it comes to pics, LOL !

36.gif
36.gif

Not behind the ball at all! I only graduated yesterday. haHA!

Thanks sweets!!

Congrats sweety ! Is there a celebration somewhere? Do you get a whole bunch of fancy certificates? How exciting, I''m so jealous !
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful with your e-ring...however you decide to wear it, it is so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results