shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Art Carved Wedding Band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to share my new Ebay find with you guys..
It is a vintage Art Carved wedding band, 14k yellow and white gold. It is never been worn stock from a retired jeweller, about 60yrs old. The seller had a number of them and I was tempted to buy a couple - some even had the original tag on them, with the price of $14.75 !
6.gif

In the end though, this was the one I really wanted - the pattern is so sweet, and the quality reminds me of VC
1.gif
I am hoping it will go with my solitaire, in which case I may use as my "official" w-band.
I probably won't have it for couple weeks, will be sure to post more pics then !

Oh, and if anyone has insight on how this was made I'd love to hear - its looks like a WG ring was created, then a YG one laid around it - I love it!

AC wband1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 2

ac wband 2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 3, thanks for looking !

ac wband 3.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!
Please DO share whom the vendor is, I''d love to snag a few of these myself.
Thanks

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:05:05 AM
Author: beau13
Gorgeous!!
Thanks
Knew you''d be along shortly Beau, thanks !
They are all sold at the moment, except for a men''s one. I was considering getting it for my Fi as he really liked it..

I don''t mind to share the seller, but to be honest I was thinking I may get a 2nd one for stacking (if they have more). If thats the case, I would like us to call dibs, perhaps in this thread, on what we''re after - hope thats ok with you!
(that goes for you too, lurkers, lol !)..

It is Richard Allen jewelers, happy shopping
5.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Ahh..I've bought from Richard Allen before. A heavy solid gold mount for cheap. I would never buy anything that had dimaonds in it from him however. Not a huge fan of his items(most are poor quality diamonds, "dated" looking rings),but...in this case. where else can you find a gold art carved ring for under $20 right? Good eye! I prefer a more contemporary look (rather than vintage), so knock yourself out..these rings are all yours!! I just thought at that price, buy em up, and resell them for much more (the business woman in me!) ol

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful find Arjunajane - congratulations. I think it will look fab with your engagement ring. I keep meaning to ask you - does your ring garner lots of comments?? I can''t remember seeing anything of that size when I last lived in Perth, but that was 3 years ago.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
So delicate and charming with that whiff of times gone by. Reminds me of a ring my grandma has, from just about the period the band was made. I''ve always loved that style. Vintage rings are amazing but I''d never buy one that was worn by another person (stranger I mean). Just one of my little peculiarities. But you got your piece of history AND a brand new band (well kinda! lol) at the same time. What more could one want! Congrats!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:48:23 AM
Ahh..I've bought from Richard Allen before. A heavy solid gold mount for cheap. I would never buy anything that had dimaonds in it from him however. Not a huge fan of his items(most are poor quality diamonds, 'dated' looking rings),but...in this case. where else can you find a gold art carved ring for under $20 right? Good eye!
Oh no ! sorry, what I said was some of the rings had original antique price tag on, for $14.75 - don't worry, I paid a bit more than that, lol..
here is a pic of what I mean, I just thought it was cute. Yes, if they were less then $20 I would've just bought the whole lot, lol !
Anyway, I agree with you about most of his stock - but these bands definately stood out.
5.gif

ac59_1_b.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:50:04 AM
Author: softly softly
What a beautiful find Arjunajane - congratulations. I think it will look fab with your engagement ring. I keep meaning to ask you - does your ring garner lots of comments?? I can''t remember seeing anything of that size when I last lived in Perth, but that was 3 years ago.
Thankyou Softly - to be honest, it does get quite a few comments from customers who see it at my work..it attracts a couple comments and stares, lol..
I think its probably the largest *well cut* diamond I''ve seen on a person in the street - which is funny as its not really that big. I see a couple honkers now and then, but often not too pretty - the ideal cut thing hasn''t really caught on here much yet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:00:23 AM
Author: AdiS
I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
So delicate and charming with that whiff of times gone by. Reminds me of a ring my grandma has, from just about the period the band was made. I''ve always loved that style. Vintage rings are amazing but I''d never buy one that was worn by another person (stranger I mean). Just one of my little peculiarities. But you got your piece of history AND a brand new band (well kinda! lol) at the same time. What more could one want! Congrats!
Thankyou Adis ! I agree, I often wondered how I would feel about wearing someone else''s stuff, esp. a wedding set..
But like you said, this is the best of both worlds, I thought it too special to pass up and would''ve loved to get more than one ! I wished there were more jewelers who made this kind of quality these days, don''t you?

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Well that doesn't surprise me - but I still think your diamond is pretty big by Australian standards.

Actually I just remembered that I did in fact see a couple of biguns (I'm always looking at people's hands now) when I was in Perth briefly a couple of months ago, but it was in the bar and restaurant of the hotel we were staying at (The Richardson which I gather is a bit posh)so I put it down to my location and figured most of them belonged to out of towners - (E.T.A by out of towners I mean overseas guests.) Which is not to disparage your lovely city as it certainly has more than it's fair share of wealth flowing through it.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:10:02 AM
Author: arjunajane

I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
Thankyou Adis ! I agree, I often wondered how I would feel about wearing someone else''s stuff, esp. a wedding set..
But like you said, this is the best of both worlds, I thought it too special to pass up and would''ve loved to get more than one ! I wished there were more jewelers who made this kind of quality these days, don''t you?
Oh, tell me about it. In fact I recently decided to order a custom made replica of my grandma''s ring that I love so much. Well, the jeweller I talked to said it''s too detailed and he couldn''t guarantee his work. Another one wanted a ridiculous amount of money, l mean really ridiculous amount because, and I quote: "it''s a hard one". Talking about diminishing standards , eh? I''m not giving up though.
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:14:27 AM
Author: softly softly
Well that doesn''t surprise me - but I still think your diamond is pretty big by Australian standards.

Actually I just remembered that I did in fact see a couple of biguns (I''m always looking at people''s hands now) when I was in Perth briefly a couple of months ago, but it was in the bar and restaurant of the hotel we were staying at (The Richardson which I gather is a bit posh)so I put it down to my location and figured most of them belonged to out of towners - (E.T.A by out of towners I mean overseas guests.) Which is not to disparage your lovely city as it certainly has more than it''s fair share of wealth flowing through it.
Ha ha, you''re too funny !
Yes, we do have plenty of "cashed up bogans" these days, but somehow I doubt the are spending their cash on ideal cut diamonds, lol..
I know, I''m always checking out people''s hands too - funny how when you''re in different areas you notice different standards of jewellery..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:22:56 AM

Date: 10/28/2008 7:10:02 AM

I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
Oh, tell me about it. In fact I recently decided to order a custom made replica of my grandma''s ring that I love so much. Well, the jeweller I talked to said it''s too detailed and he couldn''t guarantee his work. Another one wanted a ridiculous amount of money, l mean really ridiculous amount because, and I quote: ''it''s a hard one''. Talking about diminishing standards , eh? I''m not giving up though.
9.gif
Oh honey, that sucks! How sweet that you want to replicate your gran''s ring - have you ever posted pics?
"its a hard one" - sheesh !
20.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:32:41 AM

Oh, tell me about it. In fact I recently decided to order a custom made replica of my grandma''s ring that I love so much. Well, the jeweller I talked to said it''s too detailed and he couldn''t guarantee his work. Another one wanted a ridiculous amount of money, l mean really ridiculous amount because, and I quote: ''it''s a hard one''. Talking about diminishing standards , eh? I''m not giving up though.
9.gif
Oh honey, that sucks! How sweet that you want to replicate your gran''s ring - have you ever posted pics?
''its a hard one'' - sheesh !
20.gif
I don''t believe I have. Maybe if I find someone to execute my project I''ll start a thread. Now stop high jacking your own thread! LOL It''s all about your gorgeous new find! Speaking of which, I just can''t wait to see it on your hand! (Can you tell I love it?
3.gif
)

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
lovely band!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s great! What a lovely find.
36.gif
I think it will add a unique flair to your set!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:52:33 AM

Date: 10/28/2008 7:32:41 AM

9.gif
''its a hard one'' - sheesh !
20.gif
I don''t believe I have. Maybe if I find someone to execute my project I''ll start a thread. Now stop high jacking your own thread! LOL It''s all about your gorgeous new find! Speaking of which, I just can''t wait to see it on your hand! (Can you tell I love it?
3.gif
)
ha ha! I am aren''t I ? Well, I do hope you can find someone, and thankyou again xx I''m hoping it will suit me, promise lots more pics of course!

Thankyou Swimmer and Geckodani !

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I can''t wait to see how it looks with your ering!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh aj, it''s just devine. I lurve it!!
36.gif

Congrats you!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 5:20:53 AM
Author:arjunajane
Just wanted to share my new Ebay find with you guys..
It is a vintage Art Carved wedding band, 14k yellow and white gold. It is never been worn stock from a retired jeweller, about 60yrs old. The seller had a number of them and I was tempted to buy a couple - some even had the original tag on them, with the price of $14.75 !
6.gif

In the end though, this was the one I really wanted - the pattern is so sweet, and the quality reminds me of VC
1.gif
I am hoping it will go with my solitaire, in which case I may use as my ''official'' w-band.
I probably won''t have it for couple weeks, will be sure to post more pics then !

Oh, and if anyone has insight on how this was made I''d love to hear - its looks like a WG ring was created, then a YG one laid around it - I love it!
Ooh it''s lovely!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic find, I really hope it suits your solitaire :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so cool, I love it! I love how the YG wraps around the WG.
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Holy COW!

That band is so freaking gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! That ring is gorgeous!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love it, gorgeous detail!!!

Debsparkle

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:38:20 AM
Date: 10/28/2008 6:05:05 AM

Gorgeous!!

Thanks

Knew you''d be along shortly Beau, thanks !

They are all sold at the moment, except for a men''s one. I was considering getting it for my Fi as he really liked it..

I don''t mind to share the seller, but to be honest I was thinking I may get a 2nd one for stacking (if they have more). If thats the case, I would like us to call dibs, perhaps in this thread, on what we''re after - hope thats ok with you!

(that goes for you too, lurkers, lol !)..

It is Richard Allen jewelers, happy shopping
5.gif

Hi! I can''t locate him on Ebay..does he have a seller link, or store name:???:
Thank you!!
35.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, it''s very detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results