shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique 2 ct rose cut diamond halo engagement ring

JLS

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

I figured I’d share some updated photos of my beautiful engagement ring. I never planned on getting a ring with a rose cut diamond, but after stumbling upon this breathtaking ring via Instagram, it was love at first sight! It’s an Edwardian Era circa 1905 2.05 carat K VVS2, set in platinum topped 18k gold surrounded by a halo of 12 OECs with one on each shoulder. Initially I was worried about such a warm stone (I’m super color sensitive), but the color honestly isn’t noticeable, it faces up very white. I was so surprised! The folks at Victor Barboné were fabulously responsive (and prompt) to all of my questions and I had my ring within 24 hours of purchasing it (shipped from NYC). I may also be getting a diamond band from them to wear on my right hand!

I had some trouble committing at first due to the unconventional cut and overall larger size than I was looking for (it faces up at a 2.5ct due to it being a rose cut so the finger coverage in a halo definitely commands attention on my size 4 finger), so I came here and posted on Rocky Talky looking for advice and had an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, as well as much appreciated guidance through my decision making process. (See that post with more photos here ). Thank you again to everyone on here who helped make my choice a confident one, you guys rock!

The photos/video really don’t do it justice, it shimmers & sparkles endlessly in person! I feel so lucky to own such a beautiful piece of history. This has definitely sparked a newfound love for antique jewelry.

After making my decision to keep it, I ended up having it restored a by a jeweler in my city who specializes in restoring antique jewelry. Some of the stones in the halo were a bit loose & uneven, as the metal wore away over the last 115 years. He did a phenomenal job! I was so worried and didn’t know what to expect, I really didn’t want to take away the charm of it’s imperfections but he just enhanced its beauty perfectly. It’s refreshed & extra sparkly now, while still holding onto all of its original charm that I fell in love with =)2 The first photo is the one that I first came across on VBs Instagram and the rest were taken after the restoration.

This video uploaded a bit blurry, but you can see it sparkle here

4E17BFC4-6764-4B6E-8ECE-7670A27B8D12.jpeg
FE35A5A9-A6D7-43CB-9B15-3127771B24DF.jpeg F0E7F11A-BBDA-4371-B223-10FEDD4AF291.jpeg F098EDB9-8904-4457-BC65-94A65C294135.jpeg 873D3547-E3CE-4A56-BD87-1538A65FF327.jpeg 8113C422-E8DB-44FD-8AB0-D7B6BE59B199.jpeg E73F4C09-5690-465A-8C1F-127D6181F2E9.jpeg C710096E-7D36-4843-BA78-93433B753ECF.jpeg F2E5A521-85A0-4002-B475-3C64171C0784.jpeg

P

Petalouda

What a gorgeous ring. I’ve always been on the fence about rose cuts but your ring has won me over. Absolutely stunning, elegant and graceful. Congratulations!!!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
It looks both delicate but substantial at the same time, and absolutely perfect on your hand!! Such a stunning piece.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this in your original thread & I am SO glad you bought it! It is utterly gorgeous, dreamy, romantic, oozes history & just looks stunning on your tiny hand!

KLE

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! Glad you kept it but also jealous ;-) looks so wonderful on you!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glamourous and romantic ....Love it!

Reactions: JLS

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof I love this so much. it's just gorgeous.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Shimmer from the rose cut diamond and fire and sparkle from the OECs, wow, you have the best of both worlds! Incredible finger coverage too, and I love your ring box. Congratulations on your beauty!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
This is a spectacular ring! One of a kind!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is the most beautiful rose cut diamond I've ever seen! The setting is perfect! And it looks perfect on you.

JLS

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. I’ve always been on the fence about rose cuts but your ring has won me over. Absolutely stunning, elegant and graceful. Congratulations!!!

Thank you! And me too, I’ve always thought they were uniquely beautiful but never the cut for me... until I saw this one of course :love: I think the halo is what makes it so special

JLS

Rough_Rock
It looks both delicate but substantial at the same time, and absolutely perfect on your hand!! Such a stunning piece.

Thanks so much! I’m so obsessed :love:

JLS

Rough_Rock
I saw this in your original thread & I am SO glad you bought it! It is utterly gorgeous, dreamy, romantic, oozes history & just looks stunning on your tiny hand!

Thank you!! I look back now and don’t know how I ever had any doubts!

JLS

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! Glad you kept it but also jealous ;-) looks so wonderful on you!

:lol-2: hehe thank you!

JLS

Rough_Rock
Shimmer from the rose cut diamond and fire and sparkle from the OECs, wow, you have the best of both worlds! Incredible finger coverage too, and I love your ring box. Congratulations on your beauty!

Thank you & I agree! I think halos are so beautiful but I was never really a fan only because the center stone can blend into the halo and it can be hard to differentiate the two, especially from afar, but with a rose cut there is a clear distinction and the center stone is allowed to be the star which I just love!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never fancied myself a rose cut lover either but your ring is spectacular! The center stone, the halo, the whole shebang is just out of this world. Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

JLS

Rough_Rock
That is the most beautiful rose cut diamond I've ever seen! The setting is perfect! And it looks perfect on you.

Right?! All of the rose cuts I’ve come across don’t even come close to comparing (in my opinion at least!) Thank you so much!

JLS

Rough_Rock
I have never fancied myself a rose cut lover either but your ring is spectacular! The center stone, the halo, the whole shebang is just out of this world. Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks so much! I never would have thought in a million years I’d end up with a rose cut, but I’m so glad I did =)2

L

lydial

I am glad you chose it - it is so elegant and unique and looks great on you!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and so romantic and unique!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! I never would have thought in a million years I’d end up with a rose cut, but I’m so glad I did =)2

It is a beautiful ring! The first word that comes to my mind is romantic. Enjoy it for a lifetime - truly swoon worthy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is sooo gorgeous!!! :love: You'll have lots of people asking to see that beauty since it is very unique! I think you were SO wise to have it restored so you can wear it without worry (and I don't understand VB not doing that before selling it???)!!! Congrats on your engagement!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I’m obsessed with this ring. Congratulations on your engagement. This is the most romantic ring I’ve ever seen.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly stunning! Spectacular!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
What a magical piece! Enjoy :)

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the rose cut and chunk halo. The stone has slight pink hue to it, which is very desirable.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I think you did great with this one! So beautiful. Large, blingy, but softly romantic and graceful too. Looks perfect on you! Agree with you on the contrast between the halo and rosecut, just perfect.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking!

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock