shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...Idol last night was more tolerable for me than last week.

Sanjaya...GO HOME! I think so many of you are right that the reason he is still on there is cuz not enough people stick around till the end to call for even the one idol they might want to save. I admit it, I haven''t voted yet. I CANNOT stand to watch Sanjaya and not cringe! He is a modern day MJ of sorts, sad to say...

He needs to be voted off and if nothing else, if he survives this week, we, all of us here on PS need to vote for ANYONE but him so at the very least, he has a chance of being in the bottom three! Please...let''s do this already! Argh!
31.gif
29.gif
32.gif
27.gif

I think Lakeisha sings good, a true belter, like Randy and Simon have said, but I have picked up on the whole diva thing coming through. Tony Bennet gave her good sound advice and she basically ignored him. In my opinion, she should of just sang the song as it was written, adding nothing at the end of it like she did anyways. She began the song kind of pitchy, the middle and end of fine, but that last bit she added...ugh.

Melinda needs a better stylist. My gosh, the poor gal is obviously still adapting to being a lead/solo singer and not a background singer and she deserves better treatment in the wardrobe and hair dept. Yes, she still seems genuinely taken aback with the compliments, and part of that is wearing a bit thin, but it is hard to go from critique to compliment practically every time you perform and not be unsure. But I suspect she will show more grace in her acceptance of those compliments as time goes by. She is a top notch, classy performer, who brings it to her performance EVERY time. LaKeisha has not brought it every time and that is the big difference. Both are sensational, but the diva thing sours it for me with LaKeisha a bit.

Jordin is sweet. She is talented and very much an excellent performer for her young age. She does have a ways to go and thank goodness that regardles of what happens on Idol, she will go far with additional training. Her performance last night was ok, but boring. Nothing special. She has a contagious smile and a effervesent like quality about her and that will win her votes along with good performances, but she is NOT in the same category---to me---as Melinda or LaKeisha. Not after last night''s performance anyways. She has done beter and I am anxious to see more.

Phil Stacey...hmmm. He needs facial hair or to let his hair grow back out or something. He was sweaty. His head was glowing from all of his perspiration and his performance was just ok. I agree he will probably be going home.

Haley...She looked amazing in that dress and she was very good I thought. Yes, she was nervous, but my brother who sings country in Nashville Tennessee will tell you, that as soon as you lose that sense of nervousness in your belly, its time to not sing anymore. Every good performer gets nervous. Unfortunately for Haley, hers is more on the surface still and we all pick up on it. Her song was NOT forgettable, nor was her performance. Yes, she is a more nervous and not as polished version of Katharine McPhee this year, but she will get signed by a label, I am sure. My cousin was married to a record producer and has had experience with alot of newbies like her, so irregardless of how Idol works for her, she''ll be fine I am sure.

Chris...He is ok, but I am just not that into him. He got praise last night but if he was to end up in the bottom three, I wouldn''t be heartbroken. I would be if he goes home BEFORE Sanjaya though!
29.gif

Gina...Loved her makeup for the stage. It was appropriate with her image. The wardrobe needs help. What kind of stylists doe they have at Idol this year??? I thought she did great and I enjoyed her song. I hope she is around for a long time.

I will not give any kind of positive or negative remarks about Sanjaya. Enough said.
29.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...I forgot Blake. He did ok I thought. Nice voice. Good performance, but nothing stood out about him last night. I think he''ll be fine for next week though.

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
Deanna, i agree with every one of the things you said about everyone!! you hit the nail on the head
36.gif
. i like haley, i honestly think the judges are a little too harsh on her, i love the verbrato of her voice and her personality.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly, last year I hated missing an episode of AI. this year, it''s just meh and I can you tube the one''s I want to see..i.e. melinda. even last night I got up several times to do other stuff while it was on, something I haven''t done in the past.

still love melinda, enjoyed everyone but sanjaya and phil and Haley really needs to work at Disney as a singing Princess. I wish I could hire her as Belle to come sing at my daughters b-day party in a couple of weeks...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
AOL poll has Gina going home.
38.gif
Sangaya has crept (creeped
2.gif
) up to second place favorite. Really sad that people have jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm thinking Gina, Chris (I like him) & Phil Stacey in the bottom three. Not that I'm happy about it - but someone other than Sangaya is going home tonight.
38.gif

I'm not feeling the love for this season also. But, I still will tune in to see Simon and the music guests.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone keeps pulling for Sanjya to go...but I''m hoping it will be Phil. To me, he is WAY creepier.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dialidol has haley going home and Gina and believe it or not Lakisha as the bottom 3. but all but melinda were too close to call in the overall picture.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 4:27:27 PM
Author: mrssalvo
honestly, last year I hated missing an episode of AI. this year, it's just meh and I can you tube the one's I want to see..i.e. melinda. even last night I got up several times to do other stuff while it was on, something I haven't done in the past.
I am so with you. We had to go to the tax place and I missed the whole show, I couldn't have cared less. I was far more upset to learn upon coming home that my VERY quiet neighbors had a fight and 4 cop cars showed up, and I missed it all.
9.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Well...looks like AOL got it right.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 9:49:33 PM
Author: Fancy605
Well...looks like AOL got it right.

yep, and i must say i''m sad. i liked her, although I don''t think she would have gone much further i enjoyed watching her different style..

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
awww - sucks that gina had to go.
I kind of knew the cleavage was going to win on that race though.

I actually expected Haley and Phil to be bottom 2. Phil must have a whole lot of family that votes.

And I agree with everyone else - this season really sucks.
Last year we could barely wait to watch (we always waited until 20 minutes after the start so we could FF through commercials) this year we do everything possible before watching. We usually end up fast forwarding through everything at 11pm.

so far i''ve been too lazy to take it off the DVR but I might do that at the end of the season so we "forget" to watch next season.....
8.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sad about gina going home, she is better than haley and way more interesting too!! oh well. not super surprised.

us weekly had this big spread on idol last week and they dedicated practically a whole page to sanjaya...47% of people who voted in the us weekly poll said that they thought ''people just really liked him'' as to why they were voting for him. also none of the ones who voted in the us weekly poll voted for AI. 17% said that they thought that the howard stern vftw kept sanjaya in.

whatever it is, it''s depressing!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, the AOL poll has predicted all the one''s in the bottom. What''s even more sad - they now have Sangyucka is the 1st spot leading Doolittle.
38.gif

This phenom is making national news. Last night on NBC they had a whole section devoted to Sangyucka and the whys of it all. One of the things they mentioned was a suggestion about a call center in India devoted to only calling for Sangyucka. They also mentioned the power of the tweens - his fan base. An interesting way they ended - they said that this has to be good for the show b/c another networks nightly news is reporting on it - giving it more publicity.

...just makes me mad and sad.

Maybe it''s the contrast from last years standouts - personality wise and singing wise. Can we vote for Bucky?
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i quit AI until the people become more interesting....i guess i''ll have to wait for next season. this season is beyond BORINGGG!!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 12:46:36 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
i quit AI until the people become more interesting....i guess i''ll have to wait for next season. this season is beyond BORINGGG!!!!

I completely agree - this season just doesn''t do it for me!
38.gif

It''s like a train wreck because even though AI has seen better days, I still can''t help but watch it. Oh well...

And Phil completely creeps me out and has gots to go!
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Oh - and was it me or did anyone else think Michael Bublee was hitting Paula''s sauce?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know, i haven''t started voting yet but may have to just to counter some of the sanjaya votes. i can''t believe AOL has him even ahead of Melinda
14.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something about this voting system has got to change next year. I''m not quite ready to give up on AI yet, but can''t they do a DWTS sort of system where 50% is based on judges'' scores and 50% based on the public vote? This whole season has been one big yawn...even my co-workers aren''t talking that much about it anymore. And my standing results night date with a good girlfriend has been cancelled more times than not this season due to our utter lack of interest in who gets voted off! Sigh.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been noticing that Haley seems to be wearing less and less clothing, and her performances getting more "burlesque" (sp?) each week. That seems like her way to get a *good* comment from Simon...

I don''t know a single person who likes Sangyucka (love that nickname), or for that matter, who is enjoying this season at all. Most of my friends have given up on it already

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 3:11:07 AM
Author: tawn
I''ve been noticing that Haley seems to be wearing less and less clothing, and her performances getting more ''burlesque'' (sp?) each week. That seems like her way to get a *good* comment from Simon...
Definitely noticed this too. Ever since he first commented on her legs the short skirt and dresses seem to be getting shorter.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 12:21:25 AM
Author: monarch64
Something about this voting system has got to change next year. I''m not quite ready to give up on AI yet, but can''t they do a DWTS sort of system where 50% is based on judges'' scores and 50% based on the public vote? This whole season has been one big yawn...even my co-workers aren''t talking that much about it anymore. And my standing results night date with a good girlfriend has been cancelled more times than not this season due to our utter lack of interest in who gets voted off! Sigh.
My thoughts exactly. The results would be soooooo much different imo.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 12:36:02 PM
Author: fire&ice
Sadly, the AOL poll has predicted all the one''s in the bottom. What''s even more sad - they now have Sangyucka is the 1st spot leading Doolittle.
38.gif

This phenom is making national news. Last night on NBC they had a whole section devoted to Sangyucka and the whys of it all. One of the things they mentioned was a suggestion about a call center in India devoted to only calling for Sangyucka. They also mentioned the power of the tweens - his fan base. An interesting way they ended - they said that this has to be good for the show b/c another networks nightly news is reporting on it - giving it more publicity.

...just makes me mad and sad.

Maybe it''s the contrast from last years standouts - personality wise and singing wise. Can we vote for Bucky?
2.gif
Dear ol'' Howard Stern started the call center rumor as a joke, it''s totally unfounded.

I''m sad Gina is gone, I''m not loving anyone (although there are a few people I like) and I''ve never voted and don''t plan to start doing so now.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I haven''t been into this season whatsoever, but I was just flipping through channels and wow, Blake just rocked my world!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, it was better tonight...I found myself wishing Blake would beatbox a little bit during his performance, though! I thought Jordin did a great job but still it seemed something was lacking from her performance as well. I did not enjoy either Melinda''s or Lakisha''s performances this week! They sounded fine, but I was honestly bored during both. And Sanjaye....oh, Sanjaye.
20.gif
He''s a good example of the saying "life''s not fair." And Haley, poor thing, Simon''s completely right about her strategy--if she doesn''t go home this week she''s going to have to resort to wearing a bikini or something.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
ok so i caved and watched the last 5 minutes of the show--i caught sanjayas boring performance--i saw the recaps and the show must have been a boring one. j-lo gave advice on singing--she can barely sing herself....i hope haley the clothesless wonder goes home. i heard phils voice cracked a few times and that simon didn''t love no neck.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Yeah,............ Phil''s voice cracked in a few spots. Much like Chris last season. The further along, the more hoarse he got. Seems that''s what''s happening to Phil too. Guess it''s too much rehearsal thru the week wearing on his vocal cords.

When I heard J-Lo was gonna guest Coach I didn''t expect much. J-Lo actually did OK. She talked to them about singing songs to someone to bring the songs alive. Changed the key on at least 1 of the guys. It was a better range for him. Worked on moves with a few. I was kinda surprised.

The whole show was a bit flat last night, we thought. Kinda like the one time they did "Country Music" theme night. Almost like it threw all the contestants out of their comfort zones.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Another boooooring night. Helped me get my laundry done though.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanna CRY! This season BITES!! However I will admit breaking a slight smile when No-Neck finally TANKED ... snoooozzzzeeeeville. And "Sway" is one of my FAVORITE SONGS!!!!

Last night ... for me:

#1 - Chris Timberlake -- "Smooth" ... only arrangement that felt hip & he looked cute
#2 - Blake -- "I Need To Know" ... a little lounge-lizardy for me but servicable
#3 - Phil -- "Maria Maria" ... love the song, he sounded mostly good on it
REST
Meh meh meh meh meh ... bad song choices ... bad outfits (''cept Jordin: cutey!) ... BLECH.

Sanjaya''s goatee creeped me out -- and his puppy-dog eyes uncomfortably LOCKED on the camera??? Making sweet assexual LOVE to that camera -- and, GASP, by proxy, us??? Eeeeewwwwwwww.
14.gif

I''ll never be the same.

I am undone.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 12:42:06 PM
Author: decodelighted
I just wanna CRY! This season BITES!! However I will admit breaking a slight smile when No-Neck finally TANKED ... snoooozzzzeeeeville. And ''Sway'' is one of my FAVORITE SONGS!!!!

Last night ... for me:

#1 - Chris Timberlake -- ''Smooth'' ... only arrangement that felt hip & he looked cute
#2 - Blake -- ''I Need To Know'' ... a little lounge-lizardy for me but servicable
#3 - Phil -- ''Maria Maria'' ... love the song, he sounded mostly good on it
REST
Meh meh meh meh meh ... bad song choices ... bad outfits (''cept Jordin: cutey!) ... BLECH.

Sanjaya''s goatee creeped me out -- and his puppy-dog eyes uncomfortably LOCKED on the camera??? Making sweet assexual LOVE to that camera -- and, GASP, by proxy, us??? Eeeeewwwwwwww.
14.gif

I''ll never be the same.

I am undone.
Oh my gosh... this cracked me up so badly! I am almost tearing from laughing so hard. But my honest opinion is that Sanjaya actually sounded pretty good singing Besame. Well, it helps that I love that song. I honestly think when it comes to sweet, romantic songs, Sanjaya can actually pull it off. Maybe it''s the puppy dog eyes making sweet asexual love to the camera?
14.gif
Yes, I too have been wanting him off the show for a long time, but the fact of the matter is, this season of Idol would be way too BORING without him. At least we get a good laughter about one candidate on the show! And let''s face it. Only one will be the winnder at the end, which means the rest has to go anyway! The order in which they get kicked off really doesn''t matter. I just hope that he will not win the title, though, because he simply does not deserve it, not with all the talents around him.

With that said, what really surprised me the most last night was the fact that guys actually outperformed the girls. This has never happened so far in my opinion! I will summarize my very "personal" opinions below:

1. Blake is definitely making his marks with me, although I was not so fond of him in the beginning.
2. Jordan I think is over-rated. I loved her in the beginning, but her immaturity is really rubbing me the wrong way. Her voice is still okay, but nothing special about her.
3. Haley really needs to go. She actually bothers me more than any idol I have ever seen! Shes looks tacky and sings terribly... I would not be surprised if we see her in her bikinis next week if she survives. This is not a beauty pageant, and I hope people will get it at some point!
4. Melinda, the sweetheart, is still my favorite, but last night''s performance was just okay for me. i didn''t really get the goose bumps I normally get with her singing last night. Too bad... But her comment about "being glad to have given Simon a chance to say something bad" was witty I thought!
5. Phil is surprisingly a good singer. If people can get past his baldness and buldging eyes, I think he deserves a chance!
6. Lakisha is a wonderful performer, but she lacks the charisma she needs to win this competition. She''s adorable, but really needs a little more energy if she wants to pull it off!
7. I almost forgot about Chris. He was getting better, but that nasal thing-which really bothers me-is creeping back. Last night''s performance was slightly shaky.

So that is what I think of American Idol so far. Oh well... I just hope they speed up the season by kicking two people at a time instead of one!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
kohdy, i agree with everything you said. last night was meh for me but I still will watch, I cannot help myself. I''m hoping Haley gets the boot and can''t believe I''d rather her go than sanjaya
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results