shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm okay well melinda, kiki and jordan were the top three for me tonite...

hailey, brandon, chris and a bit of the other chris were all in my bottom 4.

the rest were somewhere in the middle. i love stephanie, she was good.... and she could have done AWESOME tonite but forgetting the words...some of these songs are so classic, how can you not remember the words?! gah.

i thought about voting but then i realized i''d have to get up off the couch to retrieve my cell. nah!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 9:04:59 PM
Author: littlelysser
Also...Diana Ross - pronounciate is NOT a word!
LOL!

I know. I was like, whaaaa?

Sanjaya picked THE worst song he could have. His voice/demeanor is suited for soft love ballads. So what does he sing??
20.gif

This season is SO not exciting.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
My team was playing tonight. I''m a rabid fan - but HEY Idol is on! Ended up muting Idol and listening to the game - good choice on my part.

Did like Doodnolittlehead - which is *still* distracting to me. I liked Chris R. What happened to Chris S.? And, yeah, what crazy juice were they drinking to rearrange *these* songs
23.gif
I missed Jordin. Loved Lakisha - she just gets better. Beatbox Blake - disappointment. Stephanie - liked it. Brandon - boring. Still like Gina.

Is Sangaya - or whatever his name is - like a cartoon character at this point? If America doesn''t vote him off, I''m moving to France.
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
sanjaya is getting creepier by the week....i hope he goes this week.....LOVED no neck, jordan, and kiki...the rest were ehhh

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew once Sanjaya got on the big stage that we would never hear him. Ick, ick, ick!!!!!!!!!!! I''m still loving Doolittle and KiKi and Jordan is moving up. I''m still seeing an all girl final 5.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh-oh. I can't believe I'm even thinking this ... I can't believe I might type this ... and I'll say in advance that maybe it's just a sour mood but ...

Has IDOL jumped the shark?

The evidence:

Taking itself too seriously -- "Idol Gives Back"?? Please ... this is our sweet ESCAPE from the problems of the world ... does the IDOL audience *really* want to be guilted into supporting whatever these folks manipulate us into caring about?? We wanted SINGING -- we get pleas for $$$?

Simon having COMPASSION for the contestants? It creates a kind of uncomfortable free-for-all where, say, Haley can just have a total breakdown on stage afterwards. The girl couldn't *speak* she was sobbing so hard, just to have a whit of defense from Sir. Simon. Something's not right with THIS universe. What did he call Jordin's performance: GOOEY ... uh, Simon -- the GOO is seeping out of YOU too.

No one to love. Good people. Pretty people. People who SEEM like we should love -- but, I don't sense the kind of all-consuming fan-di-mon-i-um of past seasons. Whole lotta MEH.

Vote For The Worst -- starting to jam up this joint with their suck-i-tude. America is helpless against the snarky mega dialers & PUNKERS who get their kicks messing up the IDOL MACHINE. Audiences are probably getting tired of it. No longer amused. Weary.

I dunno ... maybe I just need a friggin BROWNIE!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well fine deco if it will save you from ULTIMATE MADNESS, here...take a vitalicious, woman. hahah. you are starting to scare me!!

oh ya i forgot to write about sanjaya. creepy. too soft. strange talent with the hairstylin'' tools. nuff said. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go home tonight buddy. i used to think he was sweet in a little boyish kinda way, but now i wonder what kinda crack i was smokin'' then.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol deco. I do agree with the VFTW messing with things when folks who should be there get the boot and folks who should be gone..yes YOU sanjaya stay. I really do think Idol should consider revamping the voting system to limit the # of calls per line or something...more along the likes of Dancing with the stars. I still watch but know plenty of folks who don''t because they see so many good people get the boot and are just sick of it.

mara, I kinda like sanjaya in the beginning too, during the auditions I thought he might have potential but he''s gotten worse and creeps me out for some reason. according to dialidol he''s safe for tonight..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, there was an article on MSNBC this week that this season is the beginning of the end of AI. They think it will be around for a few more seasons, and do well ratings wise, but the tone was very similar to your post...that it''s getting meh, and that what was so juicy about it is no longer there.

I haven''t youtubed last night yet so I haven''t seen any performances. Seems like I am not missing anything.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
well last night played out pretty much how I thought it would.

Although Haley/Stephanie could have easily replaced baldy in the bottom 3.
(Haley cause she sucks and Stephanie cause she gets lost in the group of "divas")

When Brandon and Sanjaya were standing there I was hoping SOOOOO hard that it would be Sanjaya but I knew it would be Brandon.

Can Idol PLEASE put Sanjaya first next week? That way maybe people will forget about him enough to not vote for him.

Seriously -- you know all the kids that have been booted thus far (or never made it out of hollywood week!) are just dying a little inside everytime Sanjaya makes it through another week.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So I watched the singing show last night as well as the results. I was pretty bored through the whole thing. I totally disagreed w/ the judges about Jordan, except that it was too gooey. She and Haley can both go play princesses at Disneyland. If Chris R. added another run to that song I was going to pull all my hair out. Haley needs to pull it together. Sanjaya, OMG just plain horrible. Lakesha was good but not great for me last night. Melinda and her were about the same for me. I actually really liked Stephanie last night. I thought Gina made a great song choice. Chris and Blake should have just left the poor songs alone! Brandon, while not all that great, did not deserve to home.

Next week must be better than this. I was amazed I managed to stay awake for the whole thing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last nite was typical...i was so disappointed to see sanjaya not go but brandon totally hasn''t brought it for a few weeks now...so unfortunately his fan base was not large enough!!

did anyone else think that diana ross sounded HORRIBLE? it felt like she was screaming the lyrics in a weird hoarse manner. i kept wondering what simon would say if he could critique her. and what''s up with those weird wing things she had on her dress in the beginning. and those MEGA platform red hooker shoes? i love diana ross...but she just seemed really odd last nite!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:40:12 PM
Author: Mara
last nite was typical...i was so disappointed to see sanjaya not go but brandon totally hasn''t brought it for a few weeks now...so unfortunately his fan base was not large enough!!

did anyone else think that diana ross sounded HORRIBLE? it felt like she was screaming the lyrics in a weird hoarse manner. i kept wondering what simon would say if he could critique her. and what''s up with those weird wing things she had on her dress in the beginning. and those MEGA platform red hooker shoes? i love diana ross...but she just seemed really odd last nite!
i was thinking the same thing about diana! and she was all wobbly up there. i kept exepcting her to stumble and fall. eek.

i was watching a news show this morning that was talking about sanj. they said there''s a website routing for him- it''s a vote for the worst thing. and also, howard stern (not the lawyer) is backing sanj. they said that his backing and thus his fans backing him is to throw the ai voting. anyway.. maybe that explains a bit why he didn''t get voted out last night?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i thought diana was going to fall in those shoes!!! she sounded like she was yelling...i wonder if simon was silently critiquing her...i can''t believe sanjaya is still on!!!!! who the f@#! is votting for him????? i wonder what his hair will look like next week?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah jcrow we have talked about the vote for the worst on here...it''s been around for years and people actually DO vote for the worst, it sucks!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:52:49 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 3/15/2007 12:40:12 PM

i was thinking the same thing about diana! and she was all wobbly up there. i kept exepcting her to stumble and fall. eek.

i was watching a news show this morning that was talking about sanj. they said there''s a website routing for him- it''s a vote for the worst thing. and also, howard stern (not the lawyer) is backing sanj. they said that his backing and thus his fans backing him is to throw the ai voting. anyway.. maybe that explains a bit why he didn''t get voted out last night?
Thank you! And I thought I was the only one that was wincing at Diana''s performance! She is definitely a DIVA, no doubt, but her voice was shaky and I did not enjoy all the screaming. As much as I love Diana Ross, I couldn''t help myself feeling disappointed...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t surprised to see brandon go. I liked it but he never wowed me like I wanted him too and I knew the vote for the worst folks would overtaken any brandon supporters. sanjaya will last a few more weeks I''m sure.

ok, I totally thought diana ross was going to fall too, those heals and all that red furry boa thing was a disaster waiting to happen. I didn''t think she did well at all and i''m sure the judges would have had a bunch to say if they were judging her. I do love her though and think it''s great she''s still doing her thing for so long.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 1:38:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I wasn''t surprised to see brandon go. I liked it but he never wowed me like I wanted him too and I knew the vote for the worst folks would overtaken any brandon supporters. sanjaya will last a few more weeks I''m sure.

ok, I totally thought diana ross was going to fall too, those heals and all that red furry boa thing was a disaster waiting to happen. I didn''t think she did well at all and i''m sure the judges would have had a bunch to say if they were judging her. I do love her though and think it''s great she''s still doing her thing for so long.
oh, and i just wanted to hand her a pair of spanx. i swear her dress was see-through.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 2:09:31 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 3/15/2007 1:38:01 PM

Author: mrssalvo

oh, and i just wanted to hand her a pair of spanx. i swear her dress was see-through.

Thank You!! So it wasn''t just me!!

When her segment started, with the back lighting, I thought,........"You can see thru that dress!"
23.gif

There was a camera angle at one point that caught Simon''s face and he did not look impressed with Diana''s performance.
6.gif

I''m thinking Diana is "older",.......... Her voice has changed,....... Possibly she hasn''t even performed regularly in YEARS. Maybe she''s just rusty??!!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Re: Diana - while there is truth in what you all are saying. No - actually fact to what you a saying - She still can rest on her laurals
2.gif
I hear and see the Diva she is/was.
9.gif
But, then we had a stage in my basement/playroom & would practice the Stop in the Name of Love routine over and over
23.gif
Too bad I am too old to try out for American Idol
2.gif
23.gif

Sanjaya has got to go. I would vote for Chicken Little over him.
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so i missed idol tonight. anyone care to recap?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Just caught the end, but I am turning into a BIG Jordin fan... I thought she was nearly flawless... so poised and confident. Sanjaya went in a different direction that Randy and Paula seemed to like... but it sounded like a bad karaoke performance to me. He appears to be a nice guy, but his vague creepy factor gives me nightmares, I just can't help it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I think the interest of the PSers would be the million dollars worth the diamonds Lakisha wore tonight!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK the Melinda humility is just looking a bit too fake to me now, but she may be really nice (as Simon asked). But (and this is horrible to say)...her hair made her head look GIANT. I couldn''t get over it tonight....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Standouts for me were Jordin and Melinda this week. Lakisha, and basically everyone else kinda bored me (yes I realize there were diamonds involved in LaK''s performance but it wasn''t enough to divert my attention from whatever I was doing at the time). I thought that both J and M sang with more conviction and just overall performed better than anyone else tonight. Beatbox was cute, but tthat''s all he was tonight--cute, no substance. I feel as though the rest aren''t worth mentioning! I watched Dancing with the Stars last night (haven''t really been an avid fan the previous seasons) and was much more interested in that...sad.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just not feeling the love like I did for last year''s group!

They were, for the most part, better tonight!

Jordin is really starting to shine and stand out, and my 13-yr old thought Blake was the bomb!

This is the first week that I wasn''t blown away by KiKi, and Melinda is almost too professional to be on the show? (I don''t know how else to say what I mean about her?)

Sanjaya is just ridiculous to me, he''s like a 12-yr old at Harvard or something!

All in all, I''m a little disenchanted with this season...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never liked Lakisha, Stephanie or Melinda--I feel like I've heard a hundred other singers that are just like them, 'cept better!
3.gif

I feel like Haley belongs on "You're the One That I Want." She's not a bad singer, she's just in the wrong competition.

Chris R. is just a not-quite-as-polished-or-as-good-looking version of Justin Timberlake--and we only need one of him.

Gina is a little out of her league and she knows it--she has the talent, but not the strength of nerves to handle the pressure (seems to me). Same goes for Chris Sligh--he just can't seem to step it up (though I did/do love his voice).

Sanjaya and Phil... please stop. Both just have to try way too hard because they don't have "it" (whatever IT is--you know, that thing that Jordin has
2.gif
)

I've loved Jordin and Blake from the beginning (Jordin for the voice, Blake for the true musicianship--no, not the beatbox, the arranging skills). Blake will succeed in this business (in some capacity) regardless of how he does on this show.

Jordin should win the entire thing. Nobody listened to me when I said that a few weeks ago but people are starting to see how amazing she is!
31.gif

... Sorry for the excessive judging session... my group is holding auditions this week, so I guess I'm kind of in "judge" mode!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
jordin rocked last night and the rest were forgettable....doolittle''s head was beyond large last night...her hair didn''t help the size....SANJAYA MUST GO!!!!!! he''s a creepy guy/girl....even my dh said what is he thinking.....his performance was so forced

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gina was outta her league big time. i thought she did an okay job but she wasn't rocking the song enough unfortunately til the end.

sanjaya please just GO HOME.

melinda sounded amazing as usual and i honestly do think she really IS that nice. i pointed out her lack of neck to greg last nite, he just said 'hmm'. she still is my favorite.

lakisha, i wasn't that impressed with her song or the diamonds honestly. she coulda done more.

i thought that for once hailey actually sounded pretty good, she chose the right song, right outfit for her and her age and her voice. she was not the worst last nite at all.

the boys were kind of mentally forgettable. i thought chris did a good job (sligh) but does anyone else find his lisp kind of unpronounciation of things kinda bothersome while singing? bugs me.

beatbox did good with his song. jordan really shone last nite, greg turned around and said 'she's only 17?'...which is like the ultimate compliment as he usually thinks most of these people are meh. stephanie did okay but i wasn't diggin the dress.

who else...hmmm i don't even recall anymore.

the show isn't really captivating me like it was last season, i don't know WHY. maybe it needs to get down to like the top 6 or something for me to really feel it. i haven't voted yet or anything either. i just end up multi-tasking (read: eating coconut chewy bars and surfing the internet) while watching the show...so i end up missing elements. however i didn't miss the spit flying from melinda's mouth in that awesome side shot while she sang OR the whole stupid continuous 'outta the closet' exchange between simon and ryan, give it up boys, no one cares!

omg and have to add, what is with that creepy little girl crying during the show?! they showed her for sanjaya then the same thing with melinda. i don't know why but i really did not find that cute or endearing at all...it was totally weirding me out...!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 1:01:28 PM

omg and have to add, what is with that creepy little girl crying during the show?! they showed her for sanjaya then the same thing with melinda. i don''t know why but i really did not find that cute or endearing at all...it was totally weirding me out...!!!
they showed her over and over and OVER with sanjaya! i think we saw more of her than we did of him
37.gif
it was soooooooo stupid. i mean, they just kept going back to it. so retarded. i couldn''t stand to watch anymore.
i have no idea who will go home tonight... gina? there are just so many that really don''t have a chance. i feel like it''s going to be weeks until we get down to the real contenders. i wonder if i can make it that much longer.
24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results