shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I can''t believe Idol producers managed to pick a bland, sappy ballad out of all their song entries. It was only lacking the usual gosphel choir. Poor Blake. He definitely didn''t have the voice for that song!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't really watch last night. since Melinda got the boot, i prefered to watch the Bachelor reunion
5.gif
. Of the parts I did see, Blake was flat in his singing, but still entertained. Jordon was ok, but honestly, I felt Melinda should have been there. it was cool seeing Chris though and gave me hope that the winner isn't always the one really make his/her place. o-well, at least Apolo won dancing with the stars
36.gif
3.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 8:42:27 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I didn''t really watch last night. since Melinda got the boot, i prefered to watch the Bachelor reunion
5.gif
. Of the parts I did see, Blake was flat in his singing, but still entertained. Jordon was ok, but honestly, I felt Melinda should have been there. it was cool seeing Chris though and gave me hope that the winner isn''t always the one really make his/her place. o-well, at least Apolo won dancing with the stars
36.gif
3.gif
Agreed w/ all.

Blake is no singer. But, I have to say he is a good performer. Maybe more "idol" like. I KNOW I WON"T be buying his CD nor do I have any interest in seeing him in concert. His voice really lacks. This has been such a disappointing season. I''m still having trouble getting that sungyacka crying little girl image out of my head.
32.gif
Usually glued, I was flipping between "Dancing w/ the Stars" (which I never watch) & Idol. I wonder if tonights finale will be worth watching.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Usually glued, I was flipping between ''Dancing w/ the Stars'' (which I never watch) & Idol. I wonder if tonights finale will be worth watching.
Maybe the last 10 minutes of it. Otherwise, perhaps it''s best to skip over the massive orgy of Ford and Coke commercials, videos, and product placements.
38.gif
Let''s not encourage them.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I watched most of idol last night because I didn't know when Chris was performing and I didn't want to miss it. Of course he performed at the end. Maybe I was just crabby from being so tired and still bitter that Melinda wasn't there but I wanted to barf when Jordin tried to cry at the end of her last song. So fake to me.

I really don't care who wins...I was so disappointed with this season that I will not be buying any cd's except for Melinda and LaKisha probably...I hope they get record deals. I agree that Blake is an entertainer but I don't think I've heard him actually sing one song well. I thought it was a singing competition, not a performing one... At least it should be...meh. =)

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I want Chris to win!
9.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s over.

I listened out of the corner of my ear while I was working on things, and I must say, I enjoyed seeing all the old idols come back (I paid attention ro Ruben, Kelly, Clay, Carrie, and Taylor...Did Fantasia make any appearances? I didn''t notice). Anyway,that was neat seeing all of them. I didn''t pay attention to much else though (except of course the results), but I don''t want to spoil those for anyone who hasn''t seen it yet. I am interested to see what sort of albums come out of this season.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not really get into the show this season but was watching a tiny bit tonight.

Bette Midler could not hit her notes on Wind Beneath My Wings, and the Divine Miss M used to have quite a set of pipes. She really did not sound good at all...so sad. I hope the outcome was what people wanted, but even the top tier contestants who do not win seem to do well if they have talent.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 10:39:23 PM
Author: Fancy605
Well, it''s over.

I listened out of the corner of my ear while I was working on things, and I must say, I enjoyed seeing all the old idols come back (I paid attention ro Ruben, Kelly, Clay, Carrie, and Taylor...Did Fantasia make any appearances? I didn''t notice). Anyway,that was neat seeing all of them. I didn''t pay attention to much else though (except of course the results), but I don''t want to spoil those for anyone who hasn''t seen it yet. I am interested to see what sort of albums come out of this season.
Clay made an appearance? How''d I miss that?! Fantasia didn''t appear but she''s starring in "The Color Purple" on Broadway right now. Shows every night that she can''t miss.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! not clay, I got carried away with my Idols! He was on dancing with the Stars. I am getting my shows mixed up .
26.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I was pleasantly surprised on how good the show was. I loved seeing all the old idols and this season's idols come back. Smokey Robinson did so well with all the guys who sounded great - especially Chris S - like he was trying again! Sangyucka actually sung better than Blake. I did like the beat box song Blake did w/ his beatbox peeps.

What was up with Glady's Knight?
6.gif
She didn't let the Idol girls sing and - did anyone else catch this? - I swear when Kiki started belting over her - GK turned and asked "Who are you?" in a snippy way.

Love seeing Melinda's gospel band where she sang back up!

Kelly Clarkson certainly has proved herself as an "Idol". Nice they gave props to Chris D. - 6 months on top chart w/ 2.8 million cd's sold. Loved Carrie U - I think all the former Idols out performed the vets.

I still think Melinda deserved to win. But, Jordin is a fresh face that hopefully will be able to handle being an idol at her tender age.

I, too, am curious to see who gets a contract & what their sales will be like.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 11:02:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
I did not really get into the show this season but was watching a tiny bit tonight.

Bette Midler could not hit her notes on Wind Beneath My Wings, and the Divine Miss M used to have quite a set of pipes. She really did not sound good at all...so sad. I hope the outcome was what people wanted, but even the top tier contestants who do not win seem to do well if they have talent.
that was awful. truly.
i used to get chills when she sang that song but last night it was very, very bad. scary bad. and she''s replacing celine in vegas?
23.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 9:33:35 AM
Author: belle

Date: 5/23/2007 11:02:14 PM
Author: diamondfan

that was awful. truly.
i used to get chills when she sang that song but last night it was very, very bad. scary bad. and she''s replacing celine in vegas?
23.gif
Man, Bette was horrible & needs some serious refreshing. We were cracking up too when she did her bird flapping. I''m sorry I just cannot imagine Bette having a regular show in Vegas with what I saw last night. Other than that I think the finale was good :)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to add the big bird lady was annoying I couldnt wait for her to get off the stage. How gross was it when she bent over for a rear view & showed her gut?
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results