shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, also: Go Blake! He''s my favorite even though he''s not really a shoo-in. I really liked what he did with "You Give Love a Bad Name", which is one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
nope, blake total reminds me of sting.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 6:51:29 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Lakesha: Horrible outfit

For real though! I read that they get $400 each week for their performance outfit...you''d think some of them would be able to do better....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:50:39 PM
Author: Fancy605

For real though! I read that they get $400 each week for their performance outfit...you''d think some of them would be able to do better....
After LaKisha had an embarassing amount of jiggle on JLo week, we predicted that she would be corsetted up from then on. She was bound so tight last night she couldn''t even sit down.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I voted for Chris. Gotta support my hommie. Can''t anymore though.
39.gif

I think Lakisha will go next unless she has a performance she is capable of having.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think America got it right last night, although it''s always sad to see them go this late.

I agree f&I, I think Lakisha will be next but wouldn''t a 3 lady final 3 be interesting? the battle of the big voices.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
chris went home
39.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 8:10:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 5/2/2007 7:50:39 PM
Author: Fancy605

After LaKisha had an embarassing amount of jiggle on JLo week, we predicted that she would be corsetted up from then on. She was bound so tight last night she couldn''t even sit down.
She looked like she had been run over by a tractor tire with that big red stripe going around her waist. No matter what your body type is, from super skinny to heavyset, there are going to be clothes that flatter you and some that don''t, they have stylists on the show dressing the contestants, I think they''re dressing her poorly on purpose! Melinda and Jordin are not small girls and they have never looked as bad as Lakisha seems to each week. I want to call Stacy and Clinton and have them do a suprise "What Not To Wear" appearance for Lakisha on AI this week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i don''t know if the AI stylists are dressing them right now...i read an article with an interview from sanjaya the other day and he said that they give them $400 per show to go shopping with and create their outfit i guess. he said he was in heaven having to shop every week with $400 or something along those lines. or maybe they just did that til the final 6 or something? i am not sure but i thought that was interesting. i was like uhh yeah i''d like $400 a week for clothes too hehe.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 1:35:51 PM
Author: Mara
actually i don''t know if the AI stylists are dressing them right now...i read an article with an interview from sanjaya the other day and he said that they give them $400 per show to go shopping with and create their outfit i guess. he said he was in heaven having to shop every week with $400 or something along those lines. or maybe they just did that til the final 6 or something? i am not sure but i thought that was interesting. i was like uhh yeah i''d like $400 a week for clothes too hehe.
I saw an interview w/ Simon on Oprah a few weeks ago and he said he wasn''t sure what the stylists are thinking 1/2 the time when they dress the contestants...I wonder which story is acurate.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So who watched tonight? I could have sworn I heard Ryan Seacrest say something about sending Melinda home before one of the breaks, before the big announcement! But I was out of the room.. couldn''t "read his lips"... and it could just be that my current work hours are acrambling my brain!
26.gif

Anyhow, I was pulling for Melinda because I thought she''s been the best singer in that competition for awhile now, but I''m not too concerned about her loss tonight. I suspect she''ll have plenty of offers to choose from!

I''m also getting really tired of Ryan''s snide little comments to Simon. What is his problem?

BTW, does anyone know how much the 10 finalists earn for being part of the tour?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i watched. i think melinda will be fine w/o ai. she''s really not idolish to begin with. i think jordan''s got it in the bag. seriously. she''s the ai princess.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I must admit I was SHOCKED Melinda got the boot. Seriously cannot believe it. No doubt she''ll have huge career opportunities and will be able to make the most of them, but still I''m
23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MINIMS, my son and I were talking about that remark by Ryan. He said something to the effect of, And when we come back, Melinda goes home. I kinda did a Whaa? Then I realized that they had already shown the other two returning to their home towns, so I think that's what he really meant, although it DID happen to mean the other also.

And yeah, I thought one of the other two would go last night. I thought she handled it really well/classy, and she's got a career if she wants it anyway. She may be better off not being the AI.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I really wasn''t surprised Melinda was voted off. She''s a fantastic singer, but Blake is different than anyone else and Jordin is great at such a young age. Between the 2, I''d like to see Jordin win, but wouldn''t be surprised if Blake won.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DOH! Of course!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I actually didn''t watch it last night, but I''m not surprised Melinda was voted off -- I think she''s the most talented by far, but I think she''d be better off actually not being saddled with the "winner" title! Think "loser" Daughtry. And now think "winner" Taylor Hicks. Who''s done better, the loser or the winner?

If Blake wins, I''m done with this show forever. Seriously. I was impressed by him once (J-Lo night), but other than that, he makes me want to hit the tv with his stupid beatboxing in every song and his icky smarmy looks to the camera. URGH! GO AWAY!!

Jordin has a great voice and is really cute, but I just wish she could have some more oomph. I didn''t watch the show very regularly this season but when I did see it, I was always a little bored by her.

All in all, a lame season!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 10:00:21 AM
Author: ellaila

If Blake wins, I''m done with this show forever. Seriously. I was impressed by him once (J-Lo night), but other than that, he makes me want to hit the tv with his stupid beatboxing in every song and his icky smarmy looks to the camera. URGH! GO AWAY!!

All in all, a lame season!
I am of the same sentiment. Really, how much talent does it take to beatbox?
20.gif
I''m done if Blake wins.

Melinda will do well. She really showed some kinda class and poise last night. She did not deserve to go. As Ryan said "she is the best singer ever on AI".

I was watching the view. Elizabeth goes all ga ga over Blake. He sent her a thank you note. The guest host (patti someone - the comedian) said that Blake sent her a tape of his comedy. She was like WTF is that all about. Did not have nice things to say.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was sooo bummed and shocked that melinda went home. but then greg said...well actually it's probably better for her to go now so she can do her own thing. he said she is definitely going to be successful and doesn't need AI anymore. i thought about chris daughtry and hope he is right!! i love melinda's voice and the way she adds flair to everything she sings. i really hope she does an album within the next year, we would so buy it.

random note was that i tried the other night to call for melinda for like 10 minutes and only got through once!! i figured she didn't need the help....wah i am so bummed i didn't try longer!

i was a little surprised about jordin but not so much about blake. blake has the teenage girl vote big time! and he's young and trendy. and based on chris's success, AI watchers could possibly starting to be a little less about who has the best voice ever and more about who they want to hear singing. blake could easily go into alternative rock and do wonderfully. jordin is kind of a wildcard for me because she doesn't have fabulous control over her voice like melinda does but she probably has a lot of the younger vote and probably a lot of the older women vote too. she's just so darn likeable. but she was in the bottom 2 last week right? so how do you go from bottom 2 to getting melinda voted off?! oh well. i am still a firm doolittle fan and was noticing this week how growing her hair out longer totally helps with her overall look and it doesn't emphasize the lack of neck thing like her short bob did! yay for melinda making style inroads, hehee.

who's gonna win? i have a feeling it might be blake!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 10:35:12 AM
Author: Mara
growing her hair out longer totally helps with her overall look and it doesn''t emphasize the lack of neck thing like her short bob did! yay for melinda making style inroads, hehee.

who''s gonna win? i have a feeling it might be blake!
Yes, I said the same thing last night.

And I honestly don''t know....

togal

Shiny_Rock
Melinda''s hair grows faster than anyone I''ve ever seen. In fact, she had shortish bangs during one of her songs on Tuesday night, then on her last song, the bangs were 5 inches longer (huh? wha?
emdgust.gif
). I think, actually, they either have her in various wigs or hair extentions. I also noticed that her hair was way shorter during her home-town visit footage, then markedly longer on the last night''s show. Ahh, the magic of television!

Unfortunatley, I fell asleep five minutes before the results were called, so I missed the drama. This is the problem with all of these reality shows.....you''re forced to watch until the very end to find out who got the boot....but I never seem to be able to stay awake that long! I guess my age is kicking in.

Anyway, I''m sure Melinda will do fine....although I was hoping that beat-box-boy would go home last night, and I''d get to enjoy listening to Melinda and Jordan in the finale. Oh well, it''ll be an easy win now for Jordan, since I''m sure she''ll get most of Melinda''s votes. I doubt that the faction that voted for Melinda would now vote for Blake....highly unlikely.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol I wanted to think it was extensions too, but I have paid so little attention this year, I wasn''t sure...

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Arrgghhh... Can I just say that I am upset about Melinda''s going home? It just seems a little unfair... I knew it had to be one of the girls going home last night (Blake obviously has all the young girls voting for him) but I was so hoping that it would not be Melinda. I might be the minority here, but I have been annoyed with Jordin a while now. Her singing is inconsistant and her attitude is turning a bit sore... She acts a little too immature and cocky in my opinion regardless of her young age! Plus she keeps on singing that same song: I, who have nothing. She sang that twice on the show now and once more when she was visiting her home town. Can she sing anything else?!? Blake is at least original although he''s not a great singer: he''s just different and unique. In any case, I think I am really done watching AI although I will mostly likely end up watching this season''s finale. After all, it''s just one more week. My take on this overall? AI is really not about talent anymore: it''s merely a popularity contest. What a disappointment...
38.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I don''t love Blake''s voice, but I do have to say he is very creative with doing arrangments on songs. Sometimes his changes to older songs really work, sometimes they don''t but either way he has done more than most of the Idol contestents over the years to make the songs his own. Even if he doesn''t have a long singing career, I bet he will be doing behind the stage work for other singers in the future.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I am sad about Melinda too. She has so much talent, and is always prepared and on key.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Blake wins in the category of creativity. He is def unique and refreshing in a way. I hope he wins, he''ll be the most different kind of Idol there is out there. I like the Maroon 5-ish, funky vibe he''s got going on, and I think the judges and America agree.
2.gif

I liked Melinda from the beginning, and she was so darn good at 95% of what she sang, no matter what genre, but after all, she is a professional singer. She has toured with other A list artists (I read or heard this someplace I want to say?) This just gave her career a big boost. I think America got it right. I''m sure she will still be a huge success!!!

Jordin is cute and spunky, and she is 100% Idol material. While I''m not really a fan of hers, I think she will probably win this one.

We shall see!
6.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just have to say... yay. These were the final two I wanted from the beginning
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif

As a singer and performer, I have to say that both of them (but especially Blake) show much greater talent and versatility than the other contestants did. Melinda has a nice voice, but her performance ability (while polished) was too flat for my liking. I've seen and heard better performances from people I went to college with.

Blake has impressed me from the beginning with his overall musicianship--he's not just a singer, he really gets into the nitty gritty of it (arranging his own music, etc.). He and Jordin don't just sit in their comfort zones (a la Melinda, and LaKisha, for that matter), they both take big risks musically and vocally. Love them.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite show.

I have one for a client from American idol #1

CoreyJ

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm it will be interesting to see whether it''ll be Blake or Jordin... But i''d be surprised if Jordin doesn''t win.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2007 1:26:14 PM
Author: kohdy
Arrgghhh... Can I just say that I am upset about Melinda''s going home? It just seems a little unfair... I knew it had to be one of the girls going home last night (Blake obviously has all the young girls voting for him) but I was so hoping that it would not be Melinda. I might be the minority here, but I have been annoyed with Jordin a while now. Her singing is inconsistant and her attitude is turning a bit sore... She acts a little too immature and cocky in my opinion regardless of her young age! Plus she keeps on singing that same song: I, who have nothing. She sang that twice on the show now and once more when she was visiting her home town. Can she sing anything else?!? Blake is at least original although he''s not a great singer: he''s just different and unique. In any case, I think I am really done watching AI although I will mostly likely end up watching this season''s finale. After all, it''s just one more week. My take on this overall? AI is really not about talent anymore: it''s merely a popularity contest. What a disappointment...
38.gif
Urrrrg! I so agree and I''m glad that someone else is bothered by Jordin''s cockiness and attitude. I can''t imagine how bad it will be if she wins.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results