shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 3:37:51 PM
Author: mrssalvo
kohdy, i agree with everything you said. last night was meh for me but I still will watch, I cannot help myself. I''m hoping Haley gets the boot and can''t believe I''d rather her go than sanjaya
20.gif
Hi Mrs. Salvo! I hear you! I am really glad at least one person agrees with me! My husband tells me that he cannot stand Sanjaya, but at the same time, he''d rather see Haley go than him. I am not even sure why I am even watching this season as it is turning into a waste of time, but I keep doing it... Why!?!
38.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
For me, the biggest surprise last night is that I agreed with Simon about Sangyucka - "It wasn''t horrible" and it wasn''t.

I did like JLo.

FWIW - AOL has Phil, Lakisha & Chris in the bottom three w/ Chris going home.
39.gif
I really could see Lakisha in the bottom three tonight even though she doesn''t deserve to be. Her fan base prolly wasn''t thrilled with her perfomance last night. WAY too much jiggling.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
So AOL has Chris going home.

I wouldn''t be too sad over that.

Actually I wouldn''t mind Chris, Hayle, Phil, or (of course) Sanjaya going.

I only have ears for The Divas and Blake.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty much agree with the general concensus!

I would love to see either Haley (who will be bucknaked if she stays on too much longer), or Sangaya go...

Then Phil and/or Chris...

I think (with great hope and longing) that it might get at least a little teeny bit more interesting with Blake and the Diva's battling it out for the title!

ETA: Deco, you rotter, you made me feel sooooo *dirty* thinking about the assexual love thing...blech blech blech!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bye-bye Haley!
36.gif

At least we know the poor thing won''t have to lug a big heavy suitcase as she heads home!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
no big surprise again last night. anyone know who''s the guest next week?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:35:02 AM
Author: mrssalvo
no big surprise again last night. anyone know who''s the guest next week?
i think they said it was celine dion.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad my home boy didn''t go home!
36.gif

I still don''t understand why Sangyucka is in the mix.

I thought next week was Country theme w/ McBride as guest. Celine Dion is supposed to be part of that Idol gives back show. Is that next week?

Why did they make the results show an hour long?
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 9:24:24 AM
Author: fire&ice

I thought next week was Country theme w/ McBride as guest. Celine Dion is supposed to be part of that Idol gives back show. Is that next week?
oh yes, you are absolutely right! yes, country next week with martina mcmbride. i think the idol gives back thing is next week though too. i''m really only half listening.
40.gif
it''s been so dissapointing this season.

and WHY was the show an hour long? i have no idea. is it going to be like that next week too? what gives?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, country next week with Martina McBride. It''ll be interesting next week as this year''s show doesn''t have any Kellie Pickler''s or Carrie Underwood''s. I was just making a bet last night with DH that Lakisha will sing her version of Whitney''s version of Dolly''s version of "I Will Always Love You". I sincerely hope not because I''m really wanting to hear Lakisha break out of her comfort zone and do something different.

So should Sanjaya sing "Honkey Tonk Badonka Donk"??????????

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I was really angry last night that the show was an hour long, but happy that Haley finally went home! Poor Phil always makes the bottom two... I guess it doesn''t matter what kind of performance he pulls off; he will always be at the bottom struggling to survive another week!
14.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Country week? Oh...this should be entertaining.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ticked here too upon finding out last night''s results show was an hour long...boo!
29.gif
But of course I watched the whole thing.
20.gif

Yes, next week should be very interesting with the country theme. I can''t help but wonder how Blake will incorporate beatboxing into it, lol! Don''t get me wrong, I like me some Blake, but I am definitely interested to see how he will interpret a country song. Oh, and maybe Sanjsuck-e will wear pigtails and daisydukes? Hee hee.
31.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Anyone watch? I sooo was looking forward to it b/c of the 24/7 coverage here about VT.

Phil Stacey wowed me! What a surprise! Also liked Jordin & Doolittle.

Sangyucka was joke level. Please Bye Bye!

Lakisha, Chris, & Blake disappointed me.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i didn''t watch it, but saw recaps on the news this morning. i thought phil was great and i like jordin. i wasn''t loving doolittle this week and lakisha looks like she has some sort of lisp when she sings.......i''m sorry to say that my DH voted for sanjaya--AGAIN!!! he called his mom to find out his #. sanjaya sang like he was doing a high school play---a bad one.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually thought LaKisha/Kiki sounded better than usual (however, "usual" isn't really very good
20.gif
she's so COOKIE CUTTER!). I really wish that if she were going to change her name, it would be Kisha maybe. But Kiki? Really??

Melinda was forgettable, but then, has always been for me! ETA: But I was SO HAPPY when Simon told her to wipe the "surprise" off her face! He knows how annoyed the audience is getting with that. If she wants to be a professional recording artist, she can't continue to wax surprised whenever someone tells her she's good
20.gif

Phil, again, sounded okay--but I still can't really picture myself buying tracks from him (or seeing him in a music video... can we say heebie jeebies?)

Chris also didn't do very well, and I was a little disappointed in him for defending himself by saying that "singing nasally is a style"... because that one little sentence proved that he's out to copy Justin Timberlake. Who else sings like that as a choice? hmmmm? Anyone? Be yourself, Chris, not what you think people will vote for.

I was disappointed by Blake's performance, but to be fair, it was *not* his fault. FI and I looked at each other aghast after the first 10 seconds of the piece--the violin was HORRIBLY out of tune! It was tuned for the numbers before Blake, but someone must have bumped into it during the break. The violin was closest to him but he could obviously still hear the band as well, and seemed very worried and distracted at trying to decide which key to follow. Poor guy
38.gif

And poor Sanjaya. He didn't ask to be the new spokesperson for the Vote for the Worst campaign. I think he's handling it as well as could be expected
40.gif
(Does anyone even need to recap him anymore? honestly?)

Jordin has always been and will always be my favorite. She looked, sounded and performed like a star last night.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
blah blah blah...i multi-tasked while watching the show. i thought everyone was kinda sucky but phil and melinda. that song was all wong for lakisha and i thought blake sounded really warbly and off. sanjaya don''t even get me started. karaoke is a nice term for how he sounded last nite.

greg said ''is this show still on'' and it kind of echoed my sentiments lol.

we have a lot of TiVo so who knows if we''ll watch tonite or just find out tomorrow who went home. doh.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 12:08:10 PM
Author: musey
I actually thought LaKisha/Kiki sounded better than usual (however, ''usual'' isn''t really very good
20.gif
she''s so COOKIE CUTTER!). I really wish that if she were going to change her name, it would be Kisha maybe. But Kiki? Really??

Melinda was forgettable, but then, has always been for me! ETA: But I was SO HAPPY when Simon told her to wipe the ''surprise'' off her face! He knows how annoyed the audience is getting with that. If she wants to be a professional recording artist, she can''t continue to wax surprised whenever someone tells her she''s good
20.gif

Phil, again, sounded okay--but I still can''t really picture myself buying tracks from him (or seeing him in a music video... can we say heebie jeebies?)

Chris also didn''t do very well, and I was a little disappointed in him for defending himself by saying that ''singing nasally is a style''... because that one little sentence proved that he''s out to copy Justin Timberlake. Who else sings like that as a choice? hmmmm? Anyone? Be yourself, Chris, not what you think people will vote for.

I was disappointed by Blake''s performance, but to be fair, it was *not* his fault. FI and I looked at each other aghast after the first 10 seconds of the piece--the violin was HORRIBLY out of tune! It was tuned for the numbers before Blake, but someone must have bumped into it during the break. The violin was closest to him but he could obviously still hear the band as well, and seemed very worried and distracted at trying to decide which key to follow. Poor guy
38.gif

And poor Sanjaya. He didn''t ask to be the new spokesperson for the Vote for the Worst campaign. I think he''s handling it as well as could be expected
40.gif
(Does anyone even need to recap him anymore? honestly?)

Jordin has always been and will always be my favorite. She looked, sounded and performed like a star last night.
i hate to admit i''m still watching the show. why am i still watching?
37.gif

anyway, musey pretty much summed it all up for me.
i will add that i thought melinda actually looked good last night. they made a wrong (way wrong) move a couple of weeks ago by cutting her hair, she looked like a mushroom. with the extensions last night, she actually looked good and i could watch and listen and not be TOTALLY distracted by her funky looks.

so yeah....we''ll see what happens......

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, AOl has Lakisha, Chris and Phil in bottom three. Phil going home.

Dialidol has Phil as the only one safe & in the top three spots w/ Sangyucka in the bottom. I sure do hope they are right this time. Is it me or is something going on w/ dialidol this year? There information hasn''t been at ALL definitive. Most of the contestant have 1-7 place or 2-7 place. I wonder if Idol itself rearranged something so their count couldn''t be as accurate.

AI is an hour AGAIN tonight
39.gif
I don''t get it - LESS contestants & MORE time.
24.gif

At least one of my fav shows - Bones - is on before to keep me up for another hour.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh... I completely forgot about American Idol last night.
6.gif
This clearly shows how much I am really into AI this season. What a shame... Maybe I will go check out some recaps on the website. Or should I even bother?
40.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
This season just totally blows.

I don''t even care enough to snark.

So sad.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:23:28 PM
Author: littlelysser
I don''t even care enough to snark.
My sentiments EXACTLY. DH & I were talking about "why" last night & it just seems like the group doesn''t gel or something. Also -- no one who is TOTALLY likeable. ADORABLE. Be-A-Fan-Of material.

Season 1 - Kelly
Season 2 - Ruben AND Clay
Season 3 - Fantasia
Season 4 - Carrie AND Bo
Season 5 - TAY TAY (and - Chris even - a bit - okay not TOTALLY likeable but still)

And think of the "bit players" ... Kellie Picker, Jennifer Hudson, Constantine, Jon Peter Lewis ... people with PERSONALITY, VERVE, a schtick!

PEOPLE OF SEASON 6 -- PICK A SCHTICK! It''s like they think being themselves is enough. No one told them that America doesn''t actually care about YOU. They want you to be a HEIGHTENED version of yourself. EXAGGERRATED.

Things might be a little different if Gina or Chris Sligh were still around ... or if Jordin would be 1/3 less giggly. Or if Melinda would hang upside down at night & wipe that aw shucks look off her face. Or if Lakisha would go easy on the White-Out Nail Tips & lipgloss. Or if Blake''s put-on-sleaze-crooner-act didn''t make me want to smack him. Or if Phil didn''t look like my Life-size Torso Barbie Makeup Doll shaved bald. And if Sanjaya quit suddenly to do a Donny and Marie style show with his Hooters sister on SHOWTIME - which I do not have. And if I missed anyone the don''t deserve snark.

Ooops. I snarked. Damn.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:00:50 PM
Author: fire&ice
At least one of my fav shows - Bones - is on before to keep me up for another hour.
bad news, I heard the new ep. got pulled b/c of the Virginia Tech incident (it featured a student's remains being found on a college campus). Not to threadjack--sorry!

PS Deco, you crack me up

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Okay... despite my unwillingness, I took the time to check into some of the performances last night. After a few, however, I decided not to waste any more time. I have to say, though, Phil sounded really good.
36.gif
Jordan, too, was great and it really helped that she showed a lightly more grown up side of hers because her immaturiy really gets to me sometimes. Melinda, my favorite, unfortunately wasn''t too impressive last night. After this clip, I could not go on any more. Enough said...
14.gif
I am most likely to skip the "1 hour" result show tonight. Who cares at this point...
38.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:57:44 PM
Author: decodelighted

Ooops. I snarked. Damn.
Deco - It is in your nature to snark. It is mine as well.

Does Melinda''s Easter Island sized head make me
32.gif
? yes. it does. But really, I FF through most of the singing. Feh.

Although I must say - has anyone else noticed that Blake sounds JUST like the lead singer of Erasure? Anyone? Anyone?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I liked Melinda''s performance, and I liked Phil pretty well despite the fact that I am still somewhat frightened by him. Jordin was okay, but everyone else was blah---especially Chris.

As far as likability that Deco was talking about goes, I remember being SOOOO torn Season 2 when it got down to Ruben, Clay, Kimberly, and Josh because I loved all of them (of course, they all got record deals anyway). I was equally torn with it was Carrie, Bo, and Vonzelle.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, can you belive it? I was really scared for Kiki there for a second!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 12:08:10 PM
Author: musey
I was disappointed by Blake''s performance, but to be fair, it was *not* his fault. FI and I looked at each other aghast after the first 10 seconds of the piece--the violin was HORRIBLY out of tune! It was tuned for the numbers before Blake, but someone must have bumped into it during the break.
Whoa I soooo apologize, I was thinking of Chris and the violin, not Blake
20.gif
Blake''s performance was disappointing just in general. Which made me sad, since he and Jordin are my favorites.

Anyway, no harm, no foul, as our favorite faux-hawk wearer was the one to go home!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m officially on the Jordin Sparks wagon as of last night. And somehow watching tonight''s results, I am sad to say I didn''t feel as much satisfaction as I thought I would seeing Sanjaye getting voted off tonight. Not even close to enough relief...more of a feeling of well, finally, instead. I thought I would''ve felt like celebrating, but instead I was left with a weary feeling of thank goodness it''s finally over for him.

whoever said Blake sounded like the lead singer of Erasure is dead on, IMO! He''s just so much more fun when he beat boxes!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, I, for one, celebrated. It was like FINALLY we can get on with the show. Now I wonder where Sangyucka''s votes will swing to. I''m with you all on that this isn''t the best year. In fact, it''s been pretty boring. But, I still will watch & I look forward to next year. Hopefully, this is just a blip.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results