shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, it only took, how many weeks?

And I can''t believe he cried.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 9:13:55 AM
Author: Ellen
Well, it only took, how many weeks?

And I can''t believe he cried.

Hahaha-me either, Ellen. I was just like "did he REALLY think he wasn''t going home?! How is he crying?!"

And I like Lakisha, but it seems like she doesn''t have or show enough personality or something...I''ve kind of lost interest in her now and she was one of my favorites from the auditions. I think she needs to step it up and do something to get people interested in her again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 9:34:00 AM
Author: thing2of2

Hahaha-me either, Ellen. I was just like ''did he REALLY think he wasn''t going home?! How is he crying?!''

And I like Lakisha, but it seems like she doesn''t have or show enough personality or something...I''ve kind of lost interest in her now and she was one of my favorites from the auditions. I think she needs to step it up and do something to get people interested in her again!
Exactly. lol

And I agree, Lakisha has gotten worse, instead of better. I really liked her too, but yeah, she better kick it up a few notches, or she could be next.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I was blown away by Lakisha''s first performance in the first show. That song from Dreamgirls was fantastic. Since then I''ve been waiting to be blown away again and I''ve been disappointed. She''s a great singer no doubt, but she seems a little distant and stiff lately, especially during the group song and the Ford commercials. She needs to be a little more animated and engaged. She and Melinda are by far the most talented singers, but where Melinda beats her is in personality and in her connection with the audience.

I couldn''t believe I felt sorry for Sanjaya last night. He''s a terrible singer, but he''s only 17 after all, and still just a kid. He seemed to have a very sweet personality and I think he just enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
SANJAYAS GONE!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
now i can watch the show again.....maybe...its really boring this season.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 10:28:44 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
emotion-19.gif
SANJAYAS GONE!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

We actually cheered last night when Ryan said Sanjaya was leaving.

He''s likable, but certainly did not belong in this level of the competition!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHEE!!! I was almost afraid to hope last nite...but finally he is GONE. Was anyone else creeped out by his little smile he wore the whole time he was in the bottom 3? Blake and Lakisha looked freaked out but S was like all grinning. So odd.

Now honestly at least the ones that are there I feel deserve to be there...Phil is kind of iffy for me as is JT aka Chris so I would imagine seeing them go next but not sure about their fan bases. I am just happy to see Melinda still there and was really glad to see she had the good sense not to choose a group last nite either.

OH YEAH...and during the whole end of show collage-de-Sanjayas-journey, did anyone else see the little mini screen they popped up at the bottom with him watching the collage, and Ryan was standing like REALLY close behind him, it almost looked like he was hugging him or supporting him from the back or something. It looked really intimately odd to me, and I was crazily squinting at the TV trying to see better. ?!?!?!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUR NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

We whooped & cheered when it *finally* happened!! At first, when I saw him in the bottom two I was wondering if the "usual band of Sanj" voters had been distracted by the REAL national nightmare going on on all the newschannels ... but then Ryan said the vote was the HIGHEST Top 7 vote ever????? (Maybe folks need *a break* from the tragedy coverage??)

Whatever happened .... SIGH. Could there be hope for this season yet??

Okay - let''s talk about the breakdown. Top 4: Melinda, Jordin, CHRIS?? & PHIL??? -- okay Phil did well ... and Chris, maybe the Virginia thing & controversy about Simon''s eye-roll helped him ...

but BLAKE in the bottom three? I wasn''t suprised Kiki was there: bad song, direct comparison to Carrie Underwood ON FREAKIN COUNTRY NIGHT, puh-leeze. Lakisha -- are you THAT confident??? *buzzer sound* not quite good enough.

If I''m being honest, BLAKE wasn''t that good though --- so, I guess America kinda GOT IT RIGHT???

My $$''s on JORDIN to win.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Dare I say I kind of feel sorry for Sanjaya? He definitely doesnt sing well but with training has a chance. I feel bad for all the nasty comments he received (Including mine) He''s just a young kid with a cute smile making the best of the situation. Can you imagine being on the receiving end of all the negative comments he received in the press? I would probably need meds
emcrook.gif
. Oh well he''s off the show.

I''m routing for Jordin. I love her voice, she''s cute, & has a nice vibe about her.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Well, I think I might officially stop watching American Idol after the Idol Gives Back special. Is that next week? This season is extremely unbearable... I understand that Sanjaya had to go, but without him, what kind of fun are we going to have watching it? Of course I wanted him off the show, but I was secretly hoping that he''d hang on for at least for a couple more weeks until things got interesting again, if they could at all that is! My hubby, on the other hand, is very thrilled that Sanjaya is finally gone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2007 12:54:12 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Dare I say I kind of feel sorry for Sanjaya? He definitely doesnt sing well but with training has a chance. I feel bad for all the nasty comments he received (Including mine) He''s just a young kid with a cute smile making the best of the situation. Can you imagine being on the receiving end of all the negative comments he received in the press? I would probably need meds
emcrook.gif
. Oh well he''s off the show.

I''m routing for Jordin. I love her voice, she''s cute, & has a nice vibe about her.
I liked Sanjaya. Not his singing, mind you... and it definately was time for him to leave. But he wan''t afraid to take chances, and I think he was more of an *entertainer* than most of the folks left. Combine that with that smile, and I understand why he had a sizeable following. He was also very gracious and mature in his morning after interview, unlike some of the earlier rejects. I don''t feel sorry for him though. He will get plenty of offers for singing, guest appearances etc. in the near future. I just hope for his sake that he''s able to turn this chance into something lasting... or that he knows when to bail and return to "real life." I''d hate to see him (or any other halfway decent person, for that matter) become just another C-list celebrity.

Ironically I understand that Billy Ray Cyrus has asked Snajaya to do a guest shot on Hannah Montana. Billy Ray is to Dancing With the Stars what Sanjaya was to Idol: he''s clearly the worst dancer of the bunch, but he has a loyal following that keep voting him back no matter what the judges say.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one still watching?
2.gif
Well, I liked the perfomances last night except for Lakisha. She does Carrie Underwood last week and gets panned for it. So, this week she thought it a good idea to do another IDOL''S song - Fantasia''s I believe. Does she want to get the boot or what? I think she will go tonight.

Dolittle''s head did not look so BIG last night. They curled her hair softer & she wore a rather large necklace that formed a neck.

Jordin is still my favorite. Next Chris (he''s my hommie
2.gif
). Then Doolittle. Phil Stacey really may have a career in country.

Anyone else still watching?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
honestly, i haven''t watched in a while. i actually forgot about it with our move into the house. i want to remember to watch it though. i feel so out of the loop :)

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
don''t worry jcrow, you missed NOTHING. this show has become a bore. last night put me to sleep--not kidding. jordin was awesome, but other than that it was pretty bad.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 11:40:03 AM
Author: fire&ice
Am I the only one still watching?
2.gif
Well, I liked the perfomances last night except for Lakisha. She does Carrie Underwood last week and gets panned for it. So, this week she thought it a good idea to do another IDOL''S song - Fantasia''s I believe. Does she want to get the boot or what? I think she will go tonight.

Dolittle''s head did not look so BIG last night. They curled her hair softer & she wore a rather large necklace that formed a neck.

Jordin is still my favorite. Next Chris (he''s my hommie
2.gif
). Then Doolittle. Phil Stacey really may have a career in country.

Anyone else still watching?

Awwww .... I''m watching. Actually I forgot to post about it but I went to a TAY TAY concert last Friday night & enjoyed it immensely!

But back to *this* season
20.gif
-- I agree w/you F&I. I thought Chris & Jordin were the best two, followed by Phil & then Melinda. Lakisha wasn''t awful but direct comparisons to other Idols just highlight her lack of IDOL quality. And Blake has *really* been getting on my nerves with this Lounge Lizard thing. He''s seeming snooty and sleazy and sounding WEIRDOOOOOOO. Not the hip, cool Blake of yore.

Chris is starting to look WICKED cute BTW ... Jordin too. I think the powers that be are really pimping those two for the finale though -- based on their comments last night.

In order of leaving -- my predictions:

Lakisha (her votes roll to Melinda - assuring Melinda top three)
Blake (his votes roll to Chris)
Phil (gets lost when the others pick up votes)
Melinda (doesn''t have the youth appeal of multiple voters -- loses out to the two Teeny Boppers)
Chris (can''t top Jordin)
JORDIN to win.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched the Bachelor from Monday instead of AI last nite but I am sure I will catch up tonite, though sounds like I didn''t miss much!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 12:16:33 PM
Author: decodelighted
In order of leaving -- my predictions:

Lakisha (her votes roll to Melinda - assuring Melinda top three)

Blake (his votes roll to Chris)

Phil (gets lost when the others pick up votes)

Melinda (doesn''t have the youth appeal of multiple voters -- loses out to the two Teeny Boppers)

Chris (can''t top Jordin)

JORDIN to win.
I like your predictions--and I hope you''re right because I SO don''t want anyone but Jordin to win. In the beginning I''d have been happy with Jordin OR Blake, but I just won''t think he has it anymore. Bummer. He''ll be a great record producer someday.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually liked all the performances last night
40.gif
. I agreed with the judges pretty much on everything.

I love Melinda and she is already arrived IMO but I do agree that although she may be the most talented, the teeny bopper votes and the looks and voice of Jordin should win it. Blake and Chris and Phil are all nice and decent enough but I don''t see any of them taking it. Lakisha picked another bad song last night, Fantasia??? what''s up with always picking song''s done by former idols. she''d be much better off doing something we really haven''t heard b/f. I thought Melinda picked the perfect song for herself last night and performed it flawlessly.

any predictions for who will go tonight?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:47:38 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I actually liked all the performances last night
40.gif
. I agreed with the judges pretty much on everything.

I love Melinda and she is already arrived IMO but I do agree that although she may be the most talented, the teeny bopper votes and the looks and voice of Jordin should win it. Blake and Chris and Phil are all nice and decent enough but I don''t see any of them taking it. Lakisha picked another bad song last night, Fantasia??? what''s up with always picking song''s done by former idols. she''d be much better off doing something we really haven''t heard b/f. I thought Melinda picked the perfect song for herself last night and performed it flawlessly.

any predictions for who will go tonight?
Yes, as overall disappointed that I have become with AI, I am greatly relieved to watch it without S. there to distract. I thought last night''s performance was ok. As usual, Melinda was a hit. Yes, it''s true, she does not have necessarily the teen bopper appeal, but she is so far up there in her quality of singing. She will be fine, whether she wins or not. I will buy her cds, too. Alot of people will and not just demographic of 30 and over.
Chris was good but I think its just a shuffle amongst the guys at this point in the competition. Blake was more meh to me...nice, but just ok. Phil has picked up in intensity, but he is very good in country and that is where he will sell cds. Lakisha...oh boy. She is just not doing it for me anymore. I think her time has come. Jordin is sweet and has alot of talent and appeals to alot of teenagers and grampas and grammas, but her time to arrive--I feel--is not quite yet. She is a tremendous talent and WILL go far winning or NOT the AI status. Her vibrato is a little weak and she was flat and pitchy in spots last night. But she did fabulous overall and that is what matters.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Anyone watch the results show? I''m confused. No one went home. But, how could Jordin be in the bottom two
20.gif
? What was that all about - especially since they were tallying the votes last week with the votes this coming week.

Me thinks I will be calling for Jordin. I figured she had the youth vote.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:15:37 AM
But, how could Jordin be in the bottom two
20.gif
?
Don''t worry F&I ... she *WASN''T* in the bottom two -- I''m SURE they selected her to go last ''cause it would be the MOST SHOCKING for people to even consider her going home.

When Ryan started that whole ridiculous farce he was careful to mention that tonight they''d address the contestants IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. No "Top Three" ... No "Bottom Two" or ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

You must have missed that part!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i missed that part too deco...i was thinking the same thing, like how could Jordin be in the bottom two.

that does make me go hmm though because if we missed it, how many others missed it? and like F&I they might be thinking ''omg i have to vote for Jordin next week'' and what does that do? boost Jordin.

i''m thinking that Jordin is the favorite of the judges for the win and they might be editing the show to help keep people interested in voting for her as their favorite.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 11:07:47 AM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 4/27/2007 9:15:37 AM
But, how could Jordin be in the bottom two
20.gif
?
Don''t worry F&I ... she *WASN''T* in the bottom two -- I''m SURE they selected her to go last ''cause it would be the MOST SHOCKING for people to even consider her going home.

When Ryan started that whole ridiculous farce he was careful to mention that tonight they''d address the contestants IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. No ''Top Three'' ... No ''Bottom Two'' or ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

You must have missed that part!
2.gif
Oh! Thanks for the clarification. Made me think all of America was smokin crack.
6.gif

Like Mara, I missed it. I wonder who else missed it. I hope they clarify it in the next episode. And, to an extent, the judges/editors, etc. can manipulate the content to make it interesting and for the one they want to win.

The show in general was too telethony - but save Kiki''s performance (which was just like - when we you learn - ANOTHER idol song
39.gif
) , I thought everyone did real heartfelt & good performance worthy of Idol watching.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I love Melinda still and I like Jordin a lot as well. Basically as long as one of them wins, I''ll be thrilled.

The only thing that gets me about Jordin (which she can''t help and doesn''t change the fact that she is talented) is how her changing image is what has been really appealing to the younger crowd around here. I can''t tell you how many 14 year olds I have heard say, "Well I didn''t use to like Jordin, but now that she looks prettier and is starting to get skinny, I like her." sigh

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 5:25:39 PM
Author: Fancy605
I can''t tell you how many 14 year olds I have heard say, ''Well I didn''t use to like Jordin, but now that she looks prettier and is starting to get skinny, I like her.'' sigh

Ahhh kids! When I first saw Jordin -- pre-diet, if she is on one -- I thought she had an IDEAL figure. I''m kinda pear-shaped too but way older & lumpier!!!
9.gif
But, just like people tend to like celebs that most look like THEMSELVES (
2.gif
31.gif
) I "identified" with her shape & loved it! A thinner version of what I have - would actually please me to no end!! I dun wanna be Alba. But JORDIN or JLO -- I''ll take those bods!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sooo recaps from last night anyone? any predictions on the ones to go tonight?

my take:

phil- meh for me (i think he''ll be one to go)

Jordin- my least favorite performance from her ever. didn''t like the song choice and she didn''t sound good to me at all
7.gif
(possible her night to go but hoping the votes from last week will keep her in)

Lakisha- great song choice, great performance (can see her going though due to low votes last week after her horrible country week..

Blake- Love it for originality''s sake..plus he''s a cutie..I think he''ll stay

Chris- he did a nice job, not sure he''ll survive tonight either though

Melinda- once again, great song choice, great performance..the girl can flat out sing..

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
this is the first season ive watch and im hooked....

my vote for female goes to jordan and for male goes to blake (I love blake i think hes adorable)

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone else just love Bon Jovi night? (it reminds me of my childhood). I thought it was fabulous and liked all of the performances except (surprisingly) Jordin. However, I think/hope she was good enough previously to stick around. I am hoping we say bye to Chris and Phil (although I did like Chris''s Dead or Alive).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Jordin: was TERRIBLE last night. She screached her way through that song and it was so painful to watch! I''ve never liked her and last night reaffirmed my feelings.

Blake: I dug what he did to that song, but I''ve never been a fan of BJ, so I really don''t care that he messed with a "classic"

Chris: Not 1/2 bad, but he''s still terribly annoying.

Phil: I thought he was great.

Lakesha: Horrible outfit, rough start but a great finish.

Melinda: The consumate professional.

When I was kid my uncle used to blast Bon Jovi on the car stereo and scream "Bon Jovi" in this terrible voice when we were at stop lights or whatever to embarrass us all because we thought Bon Jovi was so uncool. Last night brought back fond memories of those times. Too funny.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
When I was kid my uncle used to blast Bon Jovi on the car stereo and scream ''Bon Jovi'' in this terrible voice when we were at stop lights or whatever to embarrass us all because we thought Bon Jovi was so uncool. Last night brought back fond memories of those times. Too funny.
I listened to a lot of Bon Jovi when I was young, too. I went to my local CD store about 7 years ago and bought Slippery When Wet. And Crossroads. WHEE! It does bring back many, many memories. Of things like camp. And bike rides with my Walkman. And being silly. So I''m with you on the fond memories.
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results