shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 10:35:37 AM
Author: NYCsparkle

my DH voted about 15 vtimes for sanjaya to make me mad.

29.gif

9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gina did well last night but am I the only one that wants to rip that tongue stud out of her mouth so that we can understand the words? It''s called enunciate.............I''m tired of slurred words every week and she''s my "hometown" girl.

I still love no neck!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really wondering...THIS is the cream of the crop from thousands and thousands of auditioners?

Seems to me that Sanjaya knows he''s not a great singer, and that he''s in constant threat of being voted off (or at least a lot of people wanting to vote him off). At this point it just seems like he''s having a little fun with it and shaking things up with that awful hair. Either way, it was hard for me to watch.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t even have the energy to give a real recap...i have so little interest in this show this season and i don''t really know why?!?!

sanjaya...has to go. that hair. that attitude he gave simon? meh.

still love melinda. lakisha rocks. greg thought melinda outsang lakisha and has more voice control.

chris (backstreet boy) bah. chris (fluffhair) bah. he always looks so tortured when he sings, it doesn''t seem like it''s fun for him at all.

haley...gosh girl give it up. she definitely has never ''brought it''.

is it just me or did jordin just really not pull off that song like they were saying she did?

i don''t even remember anyone else.

on a random note, how adorably cute is gwen stefani?!! greg was amazed at how different she is from her on-stage persona...i was like well honey she''s a performer! hehee.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 1:57:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''m really wondering...THIS is the cream of the crop from thousands and thousands of auditioners?

Seems to me that Sanjaya knows he''s not a great singer, and that he''s in constant threat of being voted off (or at least a lot of people wanting to vote him off). At this point it just seems like he''s having a little fun with it and shaking things up with that awful hair. Either way, it was hard for me to watch.
I know! I say the same thing.

I basically find most of them unwatchable except for Lekisha, Melinda, and Jordin. And even though I thought Jordin sounded great last night, I thought she was boring as all hell. She looked really uncomfortable, I thought. All the others I have to change the channel during their performance! Egads! To call that guy "Chris Timberlake" is blasphemy! Blasphemy!
38.gif

And is it me or did Gwen Stefani look and sound just like Hugh Hefner''s girlfriend on The Girls Next Door??

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
gwen looked and spunded just like holly from the girls next door. my dh couldn''t believe what a different palette of make-up can do. i love gwen. she rocks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 2:01:05 PM
Author: Mara

is it just me or did jordin just really not pull off that song like they were saying she did?

on a random note, how adorably cute is gwen stefani?!! greg was amazed at how different she is from her on-stage persona...i was like well honey she''s a performer! hehee.

mara, I totally agree about Jordin but was thinking how AI would probably much rather have a young 17 year old cutie win than someone like melinda who they''d have a harder time marketing. I was surprised the judges were so easy on her, I honestly thought she was meh and not in the same league last night as melinda and lakisha unlike other weeks when she knocks it out of the park.

I also though gwen looked beautiful and seemed so nice and normal. marriage and montherhood seems to suit her too.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Same thoughts here on Gwen Stefani. Hubby and I were at the point where we looked up from our books only when Gwen was on. I had no idea she was that impressive in many aspects of her life.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2007 2:42:57 PM
gwen looked and spunded just like holly from the girls next door. my dh couldn''t believe what a different palette of make-up can do. i love gwen. she rocks.
OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth! Holly and Gwen could be sisters!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Loved Gwen...but just wasn''t that impressed with anyone else!

I have not fallen in love with any singer this season...and I''ve gone from thinking Sanjaya was a cutie at the auditions, to ick, to creepy, to finally wanting to slap him upside the head and pull him off the stage by his faux-hawk!

Did anyone else think that he seems to be buying into his own hype, and that he totally looked smug and conceited last night?

I heard somewhere that Simon said he''d quit AI if SM won...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
******** spoiler alert *********

say it ain''t so!!! sanjya is NOT in the bottom 3????!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 4:45:30 PM
Author: monarch64

Date: 3/28/2007 2:42:57 PM
OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth! Holly and Gwen could be sisters!
wow- I was thinking the same thing. What a riot

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Between HS fans and Vote for the Worst this could be a strange AI season. Simon was quoted as saying (I''m paraphrasing) if Sanjaya wins he, meaning Simon, won''t be back to host.

I''m not too sad that Chris is gone, he lost his oomph and sense of humor it seemed.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t believe it....chris went home before halley or sanjaya or creepy eyes!!! i almost hope sanjaya wins now just because its a joke at the present moment.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i don''t even know if i''ll watch the rest of the show.
last night was SUCH a let down.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone else find Idol a lil boring again tonight? I liked Melinda and Lakisha as usual and Jordin was good. No one sounded too bad, but it was just sort of....eh.

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
yeh...i found it rather boring as well. i''ve actually found this season boring all together and can not believe that sanjaya is still on and ISN''T in the bottom three every week
29.gif
!! haley i actually like, but she really has a classical voice rather than a pop one. i found simon''s approach to the whole sanjaya thing funny tongiht..."you were terrific" hehe
31.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:05:47 PM
Author: Fancy605
Did anyone else find Idol a lil boring again tonight? I liked Melinda and Lakisha as usual and Jordin was good. No one sounded too bad, but it was just sort of....eh.

I haven''t watched more than 3 full episodes this season. The contestants are boring, none are *spectacular* (IMO), and, well, I''m over it. Which is a bummer, since I was really into last season.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree! No one is really drawing me in, you know? I''m not even into anyone enough to vote! I do think Lakisha is the best, then Melinda, then Jordin. And I really hope people get over the whole "vote for Sangaya to mess up the show" thing. He sucks, and he seems to become more of a smarta** every show!

I just want to be like "Have you not read the articles about how everyone is voting for you as a joke?!" I mean, if that was me, I would drop out of the show once I realized I was only still on as a joke. Instead, he gets all conceited and says he''s going to win! How does that happen?!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup...blah here too. I did enjoy Tony Bennett and all of the song choices tonight, though.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t say that I enjoy Sanjaya''s singing, but I have to admire his spirit. He knows that everyone is waiting for him to be voted off, he knows the chorus of "Sanjaya must go" every time someone else is voted off, but he still tries his best to enjoy himself and put on a good show each week. And as a former Tiger Beat reader, I can totally relate to all the teeny boppers voting for that smile.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I concur and think the *honorable* thing for Sanjaya to do is to back out of the competition...

I didn''t catch what he said to Simon tonight? Was it all snarky and conceited?

Personally, I''m having a hard time watching this year, and don''t even have the urge to bother voting with VFTW and Howard Stern screwing up the voting process!

Idol anarchy...

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:46:09 PM
Author: thing2of2

I just want to be like ''Have you not read the articles about how everyone is voting for you as a joke?!'' I mean, if that was me, I would drop out of the show once I realized I was only still on as a joke. Instead, he gets all conceited and says he''s going to win! How does that happen?!

Why would he drop out though? Based on previous shows, he probably knows that even bad press will help get him a record deal. Last season many people were voting for Kellie Pickler as a joke (VFTW especially). A lot of people complained bitterly about her, and look at her now. She has a record deal and a hit song. A little studio time can work wonders for a person vocally. I bet some lable will pick Sanjaya up, and I bet that the "tweens" of America will be obsessed with whatever he puts out for a few months (or until they get bored with it).

The problem isn''t nessicarily that people are voting for Sanjya. IT seems to me that people AREN''T voting for the other Idols.
I think that many of the poeple who complain about Sanjya staying don''t vote in the first place. And if you don''t vote, you shouldn''t complain about who''s on there. If they were REALLY adimit about it, they would call in and vote for EVERYONE else but him.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Last night was interesting for me. I finally gained a bit of insight into why people like Jordin and Chris Timberfake. I liked Melinda, Gina and Lakisha. I think that Phil Stacey bought his ticket home. Blake was cute, but nothing special, as usual. The show in general has lost it''s appeal to me, but not to the point where I''m ready to turn it off. Sanjaya was terrible as usual, no big shock. Melinda is still ahead in the votes 2:1, so even if he does continue on, it is not at all likely that he will win.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 1:47:59 AM
Author: tawn
I concur and think the *honorable* thing for Sanjaya to do is to back out of the competition...

Personally, I''m having a hard time watching this year, and don''t even have the urge to bother voting with VFTW and Howard Stern screwing up the voting process!

Idol anarchy...
I want to know this too I heard something about this on the local news? What did he shout to Simon, anyone know?

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
ok - I didn''t read any of the posts yet about last night''s show - but here are my thoughts:

Blake - did a decent job. he seems to have hit a plateau though, and I think he needs to still push it a bit further if he is going to be a serious contender.

Phil - beautiful voice last night, but boring as HECK. couldn''t even pay attention to the whole thing. and what is up with the stubble? if you are going to do the whole "bald and beautiful" thing you should really be full on bald and not all stubbly

Melinda - LOVED the performance, the singing , the expression, the hair! hated the dress and I am sorta starting to cringe when she does the doe-eyed look of wonderment whenever someone compliments her. I''m willing to let it go cause it just seems like she has no self-confidence so maybe she really is shocked when people compliment her, but by this point in the competition with compliments all around EVERY week she should be at least STARTING to get used to it. She''s my #1 right now

Lekisha - I am officially off the Lekisha train. sure she can sing - awesomely (is that a word??) But I don''t really care for her performance style - and she is coming off kind of "diva" when I don''t think she has earned it yet. I guess she is just registering a big ole MEH in my book.

Chris Timberlake (can we just call him Chris now that there is only one?) - HATED it. his vocals hurt my ears, his "style" annoys the crap out of me, he did look kind of cute last night but that is the only positive I could think of. I just don''t think he has any kind of range or ability to portray the feeling of a song unless it is a JT, Maroon 5 or other band of the like.

Gina - liked the performance. Oh dear lord what the hell was she thinking with the whole outfit? weird braids / poofy hair, 2 pounds of gross make up, and super tight mini dress and large-gauge fish nets? It seemed like the outfit was designed to show off all her flaws. She''s actually not that big, but her bottom half looked huge last night.

Sanjaya - he creeped/grossed me out so much this week. i still get chills of ickiness everytime I think of it. so.bad.

haley - she sounded REALLY nervous last night. i guess she knows she is going in as the bottom most vote getter - but she could have pulled off a way better performance. this will definitely be a test of how far her legs and cleavage can take her

jordin - vocals sounded good -- boring song boring performance - liked the hair hated the outfit.

i would guess that phil, gina and haley will be bottom 3. cause we all know that sanjaya will be around to torture us for at least one more week

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:27:00 AM
Author: VegasAngel

Idol anarchy...
I want to know this too I heard something about this on the local news? What did he shout to Simon, anyone know?
i wanna say he said "welcome to the universe of sanjaya" or something to that extent... in other words, finally you see that i''m good and what everyone else is seeing... or hearing...

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:27:00 AM
Author: VegasAngel

I didn't catch what he said to Simon tonight? Was it all snarky and conceited?

Personally, I'm having a hard time watching this year, and don't even have the urge to bother voting with VFTW and Howard Stern screwing up the voting process!

Idol anarchy...

He yelled: "Welcome to the Sanjaya Universe" to Simon after simon said something nice about sanjaya (although sarcastically)

ETA: haha we must have been posting at the same time!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gah sanjaya just works the nerve. his little breathy voice and wacko clothing and hair style totally turns me off more and more each week.

i am so meh about this show right now, mostly because sanjaya is still there and because yes he is turning into a conceited wacko. in US weekly they dedicated a page to him and how people love him and why he is still there even though he can''t really sing...etc etc. you have to know that he is reading this stuff. i think he even said in there or on some site that he sees the negative press but he knows what he can do kinda thing. like people just have to SEE what he is really capable of...please buddy. just go home. and yes if he was honorable he''d do the right thing and be like YEAH i am not as good as most of these others so i''ll withdraw. i mean is a win really worth it if you know you aren''t as capable as the others?

but whatever. no one really blew me away last nite. i love melinda but man they just keep putting her in the wackiest clothes and hairstyles for her body structure!!! it''s really distracting. and lakisha...i don''t know, she sang prettily but that''s it. i kind of like blake just because he''s DIFFERENT and still good. also gina was good i thought, and she also is different yet good. haley is just so boring for me...she reminds me of a not-as-good katherine mcphee with her soft style.

bleh. i haven''t voted and probably won''t. i have to struggle to even watch the show...haha.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
BOR-IIIINNNGGG!!! i shut it off right before sanjaya went on...too painful, because he''s almost pedophile like in a michael jackson way. melinda was great, but i''m just done with the show this season, because everyone is ehh. oh and phil looks like the alien from the movie, "mac and me".

mac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results