shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Amelia 4.27ct OEC - The most serendipitous 10 year upgrade

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a memory of a singlestone setting with the same lovely lattice work and the pave on the outer rim of the basket. The prongs feel totally new to me though!

After @oldcutclubmember described how dirty the ring was when she got it, even if it came from the PS family, I doubt anyone would come forward :lol::lol:

The original setting my OEC came in had lovely pierced detailing on the basket akin to the work on yours. I'd love to see one of these singlestone mountings in person some day to appreciate the little details. Delicate metalwork is my weakness.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love heartwarming stories like these which make it all the more special. I definitely think this ring was meant for you and it looks perfect on your hand.

What a beauty Amelia is and she fits into your collection so well. It was meant to be.
Thank you so much! I definitely don’t have DSS, especially with this setting, but the size already feels perfect lol. It’s kind of nuts because my OMC looks tiny next to her lol

@oldcutclubmember Congratulations on ten years of marriage, and on this most-perfect ring! I just adore hearing stories like yours! So serendipitous for you to have checked in on the thread, and then to find the ring available again! How exciting to find that it's so gorgeous in its setting! The facet pattern is beautiful, and the little prongs are the best!
Yes! I am still in disbelief that it happened so fast yet so smoothly! Thank you!

I am so thrilled for you. It’s an absolutely gorgeous piece and what a stellar price for a stone that size and a setting of that quality. The photos and vids are amazing!!
Thank you for the encouragement to go for it! Even though the setting is well worn (the milgrain around the faux bezel is pretty much all gone) I actually love how it has aged. I don’t think I’ll be touching up anything for now.

Oh wow, Amelia is stunning in every way! Her setting so perfectly showcases her beautiful facets. :love: And I loved reading every part of your story. How wonderful that you came upon her at the exact right moment!
It really was such happenstance and she’s just perfect for ME!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! :lol:
I understand the game but…….

This ring is beyond gorgeous. Your pictures are killing it - dang!

I am super glad you got it -
It does pair extremely well with your WB
Serendipity x 1000

Enjoy this beauty!
It’s perfect.
Thank you! I didn’t think the pictures would be SO big but at least it shows all of her personality lol

Well would you just LOOK at that…… :kiss2::kiss2:

The story of this ring is amazing - she was simply meant to be yours! I love everything about her & she fits your hand & style & wedding ring perfectly.

I love the basket - it reminds me of @missy ’s grandmothers ring that she wore for a while with the beautiful lattice work? Could that be the one people are thinking of? I think Missy may only have one picture of it, but it was a gorgeous ring.
Ooooh I think you may be right…I think I remember that basket as well!

She does really feel like she’s been in my collection for a long time already!

It’s gorgeous :kiss2:
Thank you so much!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I have a memory of a singlestone setting with the same lovely lattice work and the pave on the outer rim of the basket. The prongs feel totally new to me though!

After @oldcutclubmember described how dirty the ring was when she got it, even if it came from the PS family, I doubt anyone would come forward :lol::lol:

The original setting my OEC came in had lovely pierced detailing on the basket akin to the work on yours. I'd love to see one of these singlestone mountings in person some day to appreciate the little details. Delicate metalwork is my weakness.

The setting still exists and SS has produced it with slightly different variations. Being the crazy PSer that I am, I did a deep dive into the setting lol. Here are some of the different iterations… Amelia’s prongs seem to be one of a kind though (center right) and also my absolute FAVORITE version of the setting. I am certain that this was a custom design and not off the rack from SS. The original owner definitely put a lot of love and thought into the design.

Well I hope they come forward! It just means the ring was loved and well worn without worry! I’m also glad it was just grime and not tarnish lol It was in better condition than expected!
IMG_7853.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um hello, that is a totally reasonable thing to do and I love the montage of versions of this setting! The subtle variations are so intriguing!

Worn without worry is a great way to put it and honestly this is one of the best features of this type of mounting. I reset my diamond into a three stone with 6 prongs and while it is still very protected -- and my girdle is quite substantial (lol.. sure is!) -- I still baby this ring a little more than I babied it in the other mount which was like yours. It is the perfect setting for such a large rock! Freedom to wear and enjoy, even on a hike in the woods! (@yssie @Tonks)

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
First, happy anniversary!!! Congratulations on 10 years!!!

Amelia is a knockout. Holy moly. What a beautiful facet pattern! The videos are mesmerizing. The mounting is perfect for the stone and looks great with your existing wedding band.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is beautiful and it looks stunning on your hand. So excited for you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back here to add, you have such an enviable collection, oldcutclubmember. Can we pretty please see a family photo? :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Poke me with a pencil that's a handsome stone. :shock::kiss2:

Love that you found out about it here on this forum!! And love that so many other PSers were part of your inspection and reflection!! And LOVE the RING of course!! Love that you've already got the complementary bands - match made on PS!! @oldcutclubmember You've been building a heck of a collection :love:

More photos, we need MORE PHOTOS. What's on the rest of the arm - bracelets? What earrings do you pair with it? Necklaces? We need to see all of it :bigsmile:

Also... Totally not me trawling TRR right now... :twisted2:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh OMG congrats!! She looks amazing - gorgeous faceting :kiss2:

Also, very happy that this ring came into the PS family! It was sold by the time I saw it in the thread and was hoping it went into good hands - and she went to excellent hands!! Enjoy your beauty!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Only one word comes to mind... legendary. :kiss2:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has saved versions of that SS setting as an inspiration and a top favorite of all time. But the combination of the stone and setting and story... this ring in special. Congratulations on your milestone!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love that setting and the prongs. Sounds like the ring was meant to be yours.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Um hello, that is a totally reasonable thing to do and I love the montage of versions of this setting! The subtle variations are so intriguing!

Worn without worry is a great way to put it and honestly this is one of the best features of this type of mounting. I reset my diamond into a three stone with 6 prongs and while it is still very protected -- and my girdle is quite substantial (lol.. sure is!) -- I still baby this ring a little more than I babied it in the other mount which was like yours. It is the perfect setting for such a large rock! Freedom to wear and enjoy, even on a hike in the woods! (@yssie @Tonks)
LOL I am glad that I am amongst peers and I make montages often for easy comparisons :lol:

I have been known to do hikes wearing my rings (hello, under the tree shots and vids);)2

First, happy anniversary!!! Congratulations on 10 years!!!

Amelia is a knockout. Holy moly. What a beautiful facet pattern! The videos are mesmerizing. The mounting is perfect for the stone and looks great with your existing wedding band.
Thank you so much!! She fits in so well with my band collection that I really don't have a need to even look for any alternatives!

This ring is beautiful and it looks stunning on your hand. So excited for you!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a score! Congratulations! It is a stunning ring. Enjoy!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come back here to add, you have such an enviable collection, oldcutclubmember. Can we pretty please see a family photo? :))

Ditto!!! Pretty please!!!

I will definitely do a family photo soon and maybe an updated "all of your rings on one hand" pic lol

I actually had started a small project combining 2 wishlist items before the holidays not realizing that this upgrade would happen so soon and so suddenly. It should be finished by the end of the month and once that is completed, I will be on ban island indefinitely lol. So I will do an updated pic once that small project is completed as I don't see my collection having any additions for a long time after that!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. Poke me with a pencil that's a handsome stone. :shock::kiss2:

Love that you found out about it here on this forum!! And love that so many other PSers were part of your inspection and reflection!! And LOVE the RING of course!! Love that you've already got the complementary bands - match made on PS!! @oldcutclubmember You've been building a heck of a collection :love:

More photos, we need MORE PHOTOS. What's on the rest of the arm - bracelets? What earrings do you pair with it? Necklaces? We need to see all of it :bigsmile:

Also... Totally not me trawling TRR right now... :twisted2:
Absolutely! This upgrade would never have happened without PS and the wonderful members and I am so grateful! I started visiting PS when I was contemplating my engagement ring so it has come full circle!

I will need to take more pics when the weather clears up again. It's cloudy and dreary again here but soon!

I am actually quite lazy when it comes to jewelry other than rings and tend to wear the same daily pieces that never come off with random pieces thrown in here and there depending on my mood.... and ultimately how much time I have to get ready on a particular day :D

My love bangle never comes off of my right wrist and my sweet RG Alhambra never comes off my neck. After re-piercing my ears 3 times, I gave up on pierced years over 10 years ago and have saved SO MUCH MONEY due to not wearing earrings :lol:

TRR has some great finds and great prices! I have seen dealers snag things off of TRR and resell them. Understandably, those pieces go super fast. There are definitely some overpriced items but those sit around for months and months lol

YEAH BABY!!!
I plan on taking more perspective pics this year and am looking forward to continuing to shop in my closet more after being inspired by you last year!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely! This upgrade would never have happened without PS and the wonderful members and I am so grateful! I started visiting PS when I was contemplating my engagement ring so it has come full circle!

I will need to take more pics when the weather clears up again. It's cloudy and dreary again here but soon!

I am actually quite lazy when it comes to jewelry other than rings and tend to wear the same daily pieces that never come off with random pieces thrown in here and there depending on my mood.... and ultimately how much time I have to get ready on a particular day :D

My love bangle never comes off of my right wrist and my sweet RG Alhambra never comes off my neck. After re-piercing my ears 3 times, I gave up on pierced years over 10 years ago and have saved SO MUCH MONEY due to not wearing earrings :lol:

TRR has some great finds and great prices! I have seen dealers snag things off of TRR and resell them. Understandably, those pieces go super fast. There are definitely some overpriced items but those sit around for months and months lol

I plan on taking more perspective pics this year and am looking forward to continuing to shop in my closet more after being inspired by you last year!

But you have that ring, still...sigh!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh OMG congrats!! She looks amazing - gorgeous faceting :kiss2:

Also, very happy that this ring came into the PS family! It was sold by the time I saw it in the thread and was hoping it went into good hands - and she went to excellent hands!! Enjoy your beauty!
Thank you!! I really lucked out BIG time with this one! I was so sure it would say sold when I clicked on it but was so excited when it was available.

Only one word comes to mind... legendary. :kiss2:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has saved versions of that SS setting as an inspiration and a top favorite of all time. But the combination of the stone and setting and story... this ring in special. Congratulations on your milestone!
Thank you so much! I just adore this setting and it brings a smile to my face whenever I see all the small details.

What a beautiful ring! I love that setting and the prongs. Sounds like the ring was meant to be yours.
Thank you! I never expected this upgrade to be so easy and fast that it really feels like it was meant to be!

What a score! Congratulations! It is a stunning ring. Enjoy!
Thank you! I read that you have been thinking about weeding down your collection and upgrading to a bigger stone. How is your search going? Are you thinking about a OMC or an OEC?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No joke, the fact that you beat the reseller scavengers to this piece is a feat unto itself!!

Yeah I’m lazy about my bling too. 90% of the time it’s just a wedding band. Too much hassle to put everything else on :lol: You’re better than I am!! Can’t wait for the family photos!

I can’t do necklaces. Samesies on the unexpected savings!! :bigsmile:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo La La, is she ever gorgeous and she goes perfectly with your wedding band! I love absolutely everything about her including the setting. Lucky you!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo La La, is she ever gorgeous and she goes perfectly with your wedding band! I love absolutely everything about her including the setting. Lucky you!

Thank you! I feel so lucky to be the new owner of this lovely ring!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thud!
I got the vapors just looking at that bad girl.
Score.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
This is just lovely and a great deal (I had clicked on it when posted in the other thread). Congrats and enjoy!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I will definitely do a family photo soon and maybe an updated "all of your rings on one hand" pic lol

I actually had started a small project combining 2 wishlist items before the holidays not realizing that this upgrade would happen so soon and so suddenly. It should be finished by the end of the month and once that is completed, I will be on ban island indefinitely lol. So I will do an updated pic once that small project is completed as I don't see my collection having any additions for a long time after that!

Omg yes! We need an updated family photo of your gorgeous collection!

I am so thrilled to have played a tiny part in this story. Amelia is absolutely stunning, and I still can't wrap my head around an M being that white! She looks like she was meant to be on your hand, and looks amazing with your SS band, so clearly it was kismet. :kiss2:

And just to echo your comment, I cannot get over how much better the ring looks IRL than in the TRR photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results