shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Amelia 4.27ct OEC - The most serendipitous 10 year upgrade

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Such a gorgeous stone and I absolutely adore the setting too!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
This ring looks SO different once you cleaned it up. It was huge and nice before, but NOW. Just incredible. Enjoy it, and I’m so glad a PS’r got it!!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to the party but just chiming in to say what an absolutely stunning diamond! So neat to read the back story, it truly was meant to be. Hope you get lots and lots of enjoyment from this gorgeous ring and Congrats to 10 years!! Marriage is hard work but also beautiful- I can't think of a better way to commemorate than with a diamond!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely GORGEOUS upgrade!!! Wear her in health and lots of blingy and sparkly happiness!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Thud!
I got the vapors just looking at that bad girl.
Score.
I am still a bit in disbelief myself! She seems too good to be true!

This is just lovely and a great deal (I had clicked on it when posted in the other thread). Congrats and enjoy!
Thank you! Everything lined up perfectly. If she had been just a tad more expensive, I would have had to wait for my ER to sell first and surely, she would have been snatched up by then.

OMG @oldcutclubmember - your new ring is just stunning! Congrats!
Thank you so much! I think she's stunning as well!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Omg yes! We need an updated family photo of your gorgeous collection!

I am so thrilled to have played a tiny part in this story. Amelia is absolutely stunning, and I still can't wrap my head around an M being that white! She looks like she was meant to be on your hand, and looks amazing with your SS band, so clearly it was kismet. :kiss2:

And just to echo your comment, I cannot get over how much better the ring looks IRL than in the TRR photos.

ummmmm, tiny?!?! More like GIGANTIC, BEHEMOTHIC, ENORMOUS, and COLOSSAL!
Thank you, thank you thank you! :appl:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous stone and I absolutely adore the setting too!
I am so happy that I get to wear and enjoy her right away and not have to deal with a custom setting or a temp setting!

This ring looks SO different once you cleaned it up. It was huge and nice before, but NOW. Just incredible. Enjoy it, and I’m so glad a PS’r got it!!
Thank you! I am so fortunate to have scored her and she definitely cleaned up NICELY!

I'm late to the party but just chiming in to say what an absolutely stunning diamond! So neat to read the back story, it truly was meant to be. Hope you get lots and lots of enjoyment from this gorgeous ring and Congrats to 10 years!! Marriage is hard work but also beautiful- I can't think of a better way to commemorate than with a diamond!
Thank you so much for the well wishes! I love reading the backstories on SMTB threads so I also try to share mine whenever I do a post on a significant piece.

What an absolutely GORGEOUS upgrade!!! Wear her in health and lots of blingy and sparkly happiness!!
Thank you! I hope your new search for an upgrade is going well? Are you actively looking again or are you waiting a bit?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous and looks perfect on your finger. And what luck to find this gem already set in such a glorious mounting. The perfect call back to your original e-ring.

I love the history of pre-loved pieces like this. Eventually all of our finest gems will change hands. And these older beauties have always had such a long and glorious history before they come to us. This mounting feels familiar... though maybe that is just the singlestone signature style coming through. It would be a fun twist if there was a PS connection somewhere in its past.

Everything just lined up and happened within minutes! The setting is very different from what I had in mind for this upgrade but I absolutely love it!

Thank you so much!! I have been admiring your new beauty as well!

It definitely would not have happened without PS!

Thank you! I was also thinking that it looked familiar but didn’t find anything on PS after a cursory search. I can tell that the ring was well loved and worn often. I am very curious as to its history as well.

I have a memory of a singlestone setting with the same lovely lattice work and the pave on the outer rim of the basket. The prongs feel totally new to me though!

After @oldcutclubmember described how dirty the ring was when she got it, even if it came from the PS family, I doubt anyone would come forward :lol::lol:

The original setting my OEC came in had lovely pierced detailing on the basket akin to the work on yours. I'd love to see one of these singlestone mountings in person some day to appreciate the little details. Delicate metalwork is my weakness.

The setting still exists and SS has produced it with slightly different variations. Being the crazy PSer that I am, I did a deep dive into the setting lol. Here are some of the different iterations… Amelia’s prongs seem to be one of a kind though (center right) and also my absolute FAVORITE version of the setting. I am certain that this was a custom design and not off the rack from SS. The original owner definitely put a lot of love and thought into the design.

Well I hope they come forward! It just means the ring was loved and well worn without worry! I’m also glad it was just grime and not tarnish lol It was in better condition than expected!
IMG_7853.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg

First, this is an incredible find and I’m SO happy for you for snagging that amazing deal!! Enjoy it!!!

To connect some more historical dots, this was the setting I had Singlestone put my diamond into after I had them recut it. I think I was one of the first here on PS to do a major recut of an ideal RB to OEC. I didn’t have the very first version of this ring, but I was the first one to have this basket design with the straight line/zig zags! I told Ari that I loved the setting, but I wasn’t into the scroll work on the original, so he sketched this version out and we went for it! I loved that setting and have considered getting it again one day when I finally land on my HG stone!!

Here’s a throwback to my reveal:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You know, it's rare when I am lost for words. I've been staring at this thread for a few days and what can I say that hasn't been said?
Spirit Baby? Anything? She's in shock.

I'm putting on the good dress. I mean seriously, what else can I do? 878230

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
First, this is an incredible find and I’m SO happy for you for snagging that amazing deal!! Enjoy it!!!

To connect some more historical dots, this was the setting I had Singlestone put my diamond into after I had them recut it. I think I was one of the first here on PS to do a major recut of an ideal RB to OEC. I didn’t have the very first version of this ring, but I was the first one to have this basket design with the straight line/zig zags! I told Ari that I loved the setting, but I wasn’t into the scroll work on the original, so he sketched this version out and we went for it! I loved that setting and have considered getting it again one day when I finally land on my HG stone!!

Here’s a throwback to my reveal:

OMG! How did I forget?!?! I knew this setting looked familiar!! I was reading PS for a couple of years before making an account and posting. I totally remember your posts and rings from that time! Your SS ring(s) were one of reasons I went to SS for my ER in the first place! This setting is so pretty and I love your gallery design so much more than the original!

How is your HG stone hung going? Are you still looking at MRBs or are you considering old cuts again?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
You know, it's rare when I am lost for words. I've been staring at this thread for a few days and what can I say that hasn't been said?
Spirit Baby? Anything? She's in shock.

I'm putting on the good dress. I mean seriously, what else can I do? 878230

Thank you! I’m definitely smitten with this ring ❤️❤️❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep checking on this thread hoping for more photos :bigsmile:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I hope your new search for an upgrade is going well? Are you actively looking again or are you waiting a bit?

Awe, thanks for asking! I’m waiting for my ring to sell with Grace first.. I’m keeping my eyes peeled but not ready to move yet! I can’t wait to pick up the search again, it’s one of the best parts! lol!

Also, the setting of your new ring!!! Ugh! Stunning, just every detail!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Awe, thanks for asking! I’m waiting for my ring to sell with Grace first.. I’m keeping my eyes peeled but not ready to move yet! I can’t wait to pick up the search again, it’s one of the best parts! lol!

Also, the setting of your new ring!!! Ugh! Stunning, just every detail!

LOL the thrill of the chase is definitely fun! Dust for a quick sale so that the search can begin!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Jewel of the week!!!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
#JOTW!!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
You know how I feel about this luscious diamond and mount already but it bears repeating!

It’s perfection. The perfect almost-transitional faceting, the custom single stone mount with perfect prongs, the cool toned body tint that makes it look startlingly white - and THE SIZE!!!! Good lord, she’s magnificent

Love love love!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
You know how I feel about this luscious diamond and mount already but it bears repeating!

It’s perfection. The perfect almost-transitional faceting, the custom single stone mount with perfect prongs, the cool toned body tint that makes it look startlingly white - and THE SIZE!!!! Good lord, she’s magnificent

Love love love!

Also obsessed with this combo!

Thank you so much for your help with the analysis ❤️ I fall in love with it more everyday! You know I usually like to mix up my stacks but it’s been this combo pretty much on a daily basis for the last couple of weeks.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed reading your story! I believe it was meant to be! Absolutely dreamy and Congratulations on receiving JOTW!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@oldcutclubmember -

I was on a plane all Tuesday and arrived home to a *lot* happening. So apologies for being late to the party....

And what a party it is! Firstly - congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. May you have many more, and may each one be an inestimable treasure.

As for Miss Amelia - well, we all know, don't we? She's perfect. And the combo with your wedding ring is like a celebration of "this was meant to be."

Congratulations on this amazing, jaw dropping, astounding addition to your collection: I know I'm not telling you anything when I say - "She's all that!"

Enjoy in happiness and good health always. <3

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I love her! The one thing I still have a hankering for is a giant OEC solitaire. I adore my three stone but…

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results