shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AJ''s James Meyer Garnet bezel ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!!! That is my favorite colored stone ever!!!! It''s simly stunning. Congradulations on a job well done.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
BRAVO

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:44:50 AM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 4/16/2009 11:10:23 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 4/16/2009 10:33:57 AM

Author: coatimundi

Date: 4/16/2009 2:36:59 AM

Author:arjunajane

Of course, I must thank my friend Coati, without who I would still be ignorant of JM and would not own

this gorgeous ring - Thanks hon
35.gif

You are very welcome, friend.
35.gif
I am so thrilled that you got exactly what you wanted--you deserve it my dear! I am seriously in love with this piece from the garnet to the JM. It''s just perfect--hooray!!
36.gif
Now come visit me, so I can try it on!!
3.gif

Hello hon
13.gif
13.gif
13.gif
2.gif

Thanks for dropping by, miss seeing you around here!

You know how much I appreciate all your advice and support on this - you have been a great help and inspiration, thankyou!

There are so many parts of the design I love, but I think the culet part and especially the side view of the split are just
30.gif
Those were

the features of your one I fell for
1.gif

Oh, you know it about the entertainment, lol..I already avoided a whole bunch of tasks today by driving to the airport to pick up my ring,

than spending a couple hours photo-ing it and posting here, ha! Yes, it''s a wonder my Fi hasn''t had me committed
9.gif

Thankyou sweets !
35.gif

13.gif
13.gif
13.gif
3.gif
17.gif

Miss you too sweets! I''ll be posting more now that I''m more settled in at work. I''m so glad I got to see this ring this morning! Made my day! I''m just so excited for you! I feel the same way about the profile. This ring looks good from any angle, but that profile is sheer perfection. Be careful driving haha! (I said the same thing to Rainy) The steering wheel view is quite nice.
37.gif

Man, your garnet is so gorgeous. Just one big WOW!!
30.gif

I need a colored stone JM--I love his cab rings...
27.gif
31.gif

eta:--and I''m really glad I could help you, hon!
Hi again hon,
Oh, don''t worry I''ve already discovered the dangers of driving while wearing JM, lol..driving home, I missed my exit on the freeway and added 10mins to my
journey
emembarrassed.gif
Hrmm..maybe I did it on purpose ?!
2.gif

Thanks hon, looking forward to seeing you around more.
Gene said he is going to put my pics on his site with a link to JM, which is just what I was hoping for - I really hope Jim stays in business
making gorgeous jewels for years. He actually mentioned to me at one point that due to this economy he may have had to close up shop
had it not been for the referrals from PS lately
7.gif

I hope people can buy pretty things from him for a lot longer - I know I''ll want another one
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an awesome response! I''m so glad everyone likes it as much as I do!

Thankyou so much for your kind comments Kelli, and Skip - thankyou, I agree it is pretty much perfect in my eyes - I can''t
fault anything about it
5.gif
Ha ha, I made sure I took notice this time - it was "God Save the Queens Nails" ! It''s really pretty, sorta pink/red/purple just like
my gem ha!
5.gif

Thankyou vespergirl, packrat (twice, lol), and alli esq - thankyou, it''s getting a bit old my watch but I really like it too. You should go for it
if you''d love a JM!

Hi Goodsoul and thankyou, I will try !
35.gif
and thanks AG. Ha ha rainy, tell me about it - I''d love to have them all on the same
hand for a pic!

Hi Akmiss, thankyou hon - me too, I was so happy when it was even prettier than I had anticipated!

Thankyou very much Amanda, and Diana - I can''t wait to see - have you chosen a style yet..?

Thankyou upgrade and kay!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 1:42:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 4/16/2009 3:58:07 AM

I so wish my hands weren''t such different sizes, the weirdo that I am! I am thinking mine will have to be 5.75 minimum, preferably 6, to
fit my RH comfortably, than it will def. be too big for my left...
7.gif

but I will get it resized at some point, I don''t like having to choose between this and my ering
39.gif

anyway, back to yours.. I do see your points..your stone is quite close to mine, I hope it helps a lil...honestly, the setting is soooo delicate IRL,
when I look at it from arms length all I see is the pink cushion with a couple dots of gold next to it
5.gif
So, in that sense I think the pad and
this delicate setting would be a good match, kwim?

Is there a reason you don''t like two tone? I think RG with plat would be so pretty for you..seriously, you can hardly tell the plat
bits are there in person, but I love the balance it gives..I hope that makes sense??

Let me know if you''d like to see any farther away pics or something ok..
1.gif
It is close in dimension for N/S but it will appear much smaller because it''s an oval and not squarish. I just don''t love two tone...just a preference but I think it works fantastically on your ring. I do think I''m probably overthinking it because you''re right...we''re look at some (awesomely gorgeous) magnified pics here. So yeah, I''d love some more ''real life perspective'' shots!

Bummer to choose between this and your e-ring...that''s a tough tough choice!!!!
Hey again TG,
ah ok I hear you on the shape. Yeah honestly, the 2 tone is so barely noticeable IRL. I will be happy to try for some more shots
later today, perhaps I can rope my Fi into one or two to get the right perspective
5.gif

Ya, I wish my hands were same size
40.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello and Thankyou kindly Bee, BEG, Addy, Dana, and poshpepper - lol, you''re welcome! I actually enjoy taking the pictures -
I will likely do some more later today
1.gif

Thankyou MMT, gaby06, krockie, and kcoursolle - yeah I agree. Previous to this ring, I had thought the setting should be in proportion to
the gem - but I don''t regret spending the extra to set it at all. I love how the package turned out
5.gif

Hi and thankyou Kittybean
35.gif
onedrop, D&T, ms.halo, tink and sazza (welcome to PS!).

Hi Bebe - thankyou hon! I love your taste, so I appreciate your compliments
5.gif

Hello and thankyou HollyS, awww thanks so much Linda
35.gif

Hi lynxcat, that is so very nice of you! Thankyou and welcome to PS!
36.gif
Ha ha, watch that wishlist, it will now grow at a crazy rate, lol..

Hi and thanks Thing2, fuzzypill, rock your socks, and SDL - yay I got a my stars, lol!

Thankyou kindly freudian, and Bliss - thanks hon, I love your comments - flirty huh
31.gif
I like it!

Aww, thanks Rose-E, I love your jewellery. Thankyou Sharon !

Cheers everyone for your lovely responses !!
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Chiming in late AJ I have been in Melbourne but it was worth the wait to see your stunning ring. I am so impressed as how this has come together. It really looks like an heirloom piece and I love everything about it.
You most certainly do have an eye for creating stunning pieces AJ.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Good Grief!!! That is absolutely stunning!!!!!!
emdgust.gif

What an amazing garnet!

Congrats!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMFG! Seriously. Hands down one of my favorite ever rings. I don''t think you are crazy at all. The whole is SO much greater than the sum of it''s (albeit beautiful) parts.

WOW. Okay, something similar just jumped to the top of my ''must haves'' list.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stuning ring! I love, love, love those gorgeous garnets. I''m glad the ring came out so very well.

Enjoy for many years to come!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 10:56:54 PM
Author: katebar
Chiming in late AJ I have been in Melbourne but it was worth the wait to see your stunning ring. I am so impressed as how this has come together. It really looks like an heirloom piece and I love everything about it.
You most certainly do have an eye for creating stunning pieces AJ.
Hey Kate,
thankyou hon! What were you up to in Melbs? We were saying earlier in the thread that may be a good place to arrange
an Aussie GTG, what do you think?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:50:43 PM
Author: Gypsy
OMFG! Seriously. Hands down one of my favorite ever rings. I don''t think you are crazy at all. The whole is SO much greater than the sum of it''s (albeit beautiful) parts.

WOW. Okay, something similar just jumped to the top of my ''must haves'' list.
Tee hee..
hrmm..I''m not sure..does she like it..
2.gif

Just kidding gypsy, thankyou for your comments hon - will you really get a JM? Any thoughts yet on type of stone?
Thanks!
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:55:55 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Stuning ring! I love, love, love those gorgeous garnets. I''m glad the ring came out so very well.

Enjoy for many years to come!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks heaps flygirl!
35.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stupendous!!! that setting shows the stone off to perfection, and it''s absolutely gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
You did a great job of visualizing what you wanted, and I think it''s perfection
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Babysteps !
5.gif

I just thought I would share a couple more pics I got today..I realize these ones aren''t very interesting in terms of
set-up, but I just like the way they show the brightness of the garnet - on and btw, garnet is def. a "day time" gem..
at night it goes a lil dark, but during the day
30.gif

DSC03600rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC03601rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC03612rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and to make up for the plain ones, a few more pretty flower ones
5.gif

DSC03486rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

DSC03519rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
last one!

DSC03529rs1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
oh, and just for fun, here is the family that was sharing the park with me this arvo..
2.gif

DSC03548rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
5.gif

DSC03563rs.JPG

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 10:54:03 AM
Date: 4/16/2009 7:56:12 AM

Author: Deelight

Date: 4/16/2009 7:34:04 AM

Date: 4/16/2009 7:30:41 AM

Author: Deelight

Your ring is beautiful Aj talk about finger coverage
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So important question when are us Aussie gals going to do a GTG????? I wanna see all the pretties in person
36.gif

Hi dee, how are you?
35.gif

I know right, I love it!

*sigh* I would love to have a gtg..but I really need to get a new job first..
7.gif

I do need to get to Melbs to visit a friend sometime this year, perhaps we could arrange something there..?

I am good :), just buggered trying to get into a new schedule and all.

Melbourne would work for me, I have rellies there and that is where Miss Honey is - maybe the other Aussie gals might not be opposed to some travel - plus the jewellery stores are better :).

How''s the search going any luck so far?

Hey again Dee,

I figured Melbs would be slightly more convenient than Perth
5.gif

Things are ok - still looking, nothing solid yet.

Something is out there just waiting for you to find it :).

Melbourne would be awesome but I am also hoping to get to Perth sometime this year so maybe both.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ Deelight and any others Aussies I go to Melbourne all the time as my sis lives there but my BFF lives in Perth so.........
I can go there but it is lots more $++++++and lots more time5 + hours for me.
AJ sorry as much as I love your ring are they Ibis''s in your photos?
We class them as vermin here and your ring deserves much more elegant company *ducks head and runs for cover*

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 8:24:03 AM
Author: katebar
AJ Deelight and any others Aussies I go to Melbourne all the time as my sis lives there but my BFF lives in Perth so.........
I can go there but it is lots more $++++++and lots more time5 + hours for me.
AJ sorry as much as I love your ring are they Ibis''s in your photos?
We class them as vermin here and your ring deserves much more elegant company *ducks head and runs for cover*
Melbs sounds good for me - I would prefer that for sure. I can''t garauntee I will be able to make it, but
we''ll see how it goes
5.gif

kate, lol - I have no idea what they are! They just looked rather exotic for the local park to me - I suppose they are ibis''s -
where abouts are they vermin? how odd!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
I can''t believe I somehow missed this thread before!

I don''t even know what to say because this ring is so spectacular! I love the color, the size, the style, just everything about it!
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I
30.gif
everything about it!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I came back to drool again.
AJ, it is soooo pretty.

If I ever get my act together enough
to seriously start Gemstone shopping, I hope
you will help me select just the right one.
I love the color, cut and size of your Garnet, yum.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
AJ you must be thrilled your ring has turned out beautiful, what a gorgeous coloured stone
21.gif
35.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh my...how did I miss this?? It''s STUNNING!!! I love everything about it!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results