shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AJ''s James Meyer Garnet bezel ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ, I love your garnet ring AJ.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. The color is to die for, it is down right yummmmmmmy looking. It is so clear and sparkly. I just adore your ring.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ok, last one !

DSC03668rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 12:39:29 AM
Author: Linda W
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ, I love your garnet ring AJ.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. The color is to die for, it is down right yummmmmmmy looking. It is so clear and sparkly. I just adore your ring.
aww..that is very sweet of you Linda, thankyou! I must admit it''s alot of fun to take pics of, lol!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love it! Congrats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 12:23:56 AM
Author: arjunajane
this is the furthest I could go without hurting myself
41.gif

as you can see, it pretty much just looks like a pink blob from arms length
5.gif
LOL, thanks AJ. However, I think we PSers hardly ever gaze at our rings from that distance...we like to get down and dirty with them, up close and personal!

But you''re right, hard to tell from that distance but just as lovely. Thanks AJ!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 1:10:26 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 4/19/2009 12:23:56 AM
Author: arjunajane
this is the furthest I could go without hurting myself
41.gif

as you can see, it pretty much just looks like a pink blob from arms length
5.gif
LOL, thanks AJ. However, I think we PSers hardly ever gaze at our rings from that distance...we like to get down and dirty with them, up close and personal!

But you''re right, hard to tell from that distance but just as lovely. Thanks AJ!
tee hee, up close and dirty for sure, don''t you know it!
you''re welcome!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 1:08:17 AM
Author: snlee
It''s beautiful! I love it! Congrats!
thanks snlee!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!
ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I LOOO
30.gif
VE THE COLOR!
LOVE THE GARNET!!
LOVE THE SETTING!
Its Perfect!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, whoa! I''m in LOVE with your new ring! I absolutely think it''s perfect in that JM setting!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never even seen a garnet with that beautiful color. And the ring is exquisite!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Arjuna,

That is just beautiful. It looks spectacular on your hand. The artistry and craftsmanship of the ring is equal to the beauty of the stone. It''s gorgeous! I bet you can''t stop staring at it.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is some serious gorgeousness, AJ! Amazing!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 5:57:20 PM
Author: blinkydoll
OMG!!!
ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I LOOO
30.gif
VE THE COLOR!
LOVE THE GARNET!!
LOVE THE SETTING!
Its Perfect!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
ha ha, thankyou Blinky, I love your all caps
2.gif

And I really like your taste in jewellery, so appreciate the compliment - cheers!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 6:42:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
AJ, whoa! I''m in LOVE with your new ring! I absolutely think it''s perfect in that JM setting!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thankyou LTP!

Hi lulu - yes, I was the same before PS - we all think garnets are those gross red-brown shades,
but they have such variety and fantastic colours, they really are my fave coloured gem - I can''t wait to get
a new one, lol!
thanks hon
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 9:32:30 PM
Author: Isabelle
Oh Arjuna,

That is just beautiful. It looks spectacular on your hand. The artistry and craftsmanship of the ring is equal to the beauty of the stone. It's gorgeous! I bet you can't stop staring at it.
Hey isabelle,
cheers hon for your lovely comments - I agree, it really does seem like a work of art - I hope thats not too self-indulgent, lol!
And yes, spot on, I can't keep me eyes off it lol!

Thankyou mscushion!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
That is great, AJ. Fantastic setting. And, yes, it really is o.k. to put a not-that-expensive stone in a more expensive setting. If you love the stone, that is what matters.

(What is coming to my mind, right now, is one popular colored stone vendor who sells really expensive, not very well cut stones for lots of money. I can''t figure that out. If it were one of those, would that justify the price of the setting more, to some? Your stone is much nicer, though.)

Btw, I also Adore, Adore, Adore the new yellow hellidore. And in the yellow setting - Wow.

luckylux

Rough_Rock
AJ, your ring is gorgeous! A beautiful stone deserves a spectacular setting. I love it paired w/ your floral band. Just lovely!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:38:37 AM
Author: sonomacounty
That is great, AJ. Fantastic setting. And, yes, it really is o.k. to put a not-that-expensive stone in a more expensive setting. If you love the stone, that is what matters.

(What is coming to my mind, right now, is one popular colored stone vendor who sells really expensive, not very well cut stones for lots of money. I can''t figure that out. If it were one of those, would that justify the price of the setting more, to some? Your stone is much nicer, though.)

Btw, I also Adore, Adore, Adore the new yellow hellidore. And in the yellow setting - Wow.
Hey sonoma,
thankyou hon! Hrmmm..I don''t think I''m aware of the vendor to which you refer..unless I''m just being slow, lol..
thats'' ok, I imagine you may not be able to name names.

Thankyou also on my new beryl - it is being set at the moment in Sally''s pillbox setting - I am going with sterling for this one for a change,
but I do agree that YG would be lovely together.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 8:57:48 AM
Author: luckylux
AJ, your ring is gorgeous! A beautiful stone deserves a spectacular setting. I love it paired w/ your floral band. Just lovely!
Thankyou kindly luckylux ! I was happy about how well the proportions of the carved band fit with the JM.
1.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Wait, I thought the yellow beryl was set already? Didn''t I see pictures of it in a yellow setting? Or was it in a stone holder or just placed in a setting for photo?

JM''s are so elegant.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 7:03:06 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Wait, I thought the yellow beryl was set already? Didn''t I see pictures of it in a yellow setting? Or was it in a stone holder or just placed in a setting for photo?

JM''s are so elegant.
ah, yes - I had it just sitting in a empty rose gold setting of mine for fun
5.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
A.J sorry I''m so late commenting but I just wanted to say that is one stunning ring. Enjoy!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 1:43:36 AM
Author: softly softly
A.J sorry I''m so late commenting but I just wanted to say that is one stunning ring. Enjoy!
Not too late softly, nice to see you!
35.gif

Thankyou for your compliment
5.gif

Thankyou luthergirl !

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
AJ, this is definitely the highlight of the week that I have missed. Your ring is really, really beautiful. I have an amethyst cushion coming soon, this is the setting for it I think.

Keep on taking the photos!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 1:35:25 PM
Author: Gailey
AJ, this is definitely the highlight of the week that I have missed. Your ring is really, really beautiful. I have an amethyst cushion coming soon, this is the setting for it I think.

Keep on taking the photos!
Hey gailey - yes you must be running round like mad trying to catch up on everything, lol -
I think there''s quite a bit of new fund stuff in CS (as I''m sure you already know)
2.gif

I would love to see a rich YG Jim Meyer with a royal purple colour - awesome!

And I just noticed Gene was nice enough to add my ring to his site
http://www.precisiongem.com/Main/Jewelry.html

1.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hiya AJ (*waving*),

LOVELY.

LOVELY.

LOVELY.

Absolutely gorgeous, hon!!!!!! Have seen Coati''s JM in person and loved it and this one appears no different!

ps: Love your oversized watch too :)

Wear in much love, great health and loads of happiness always!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WOW. This is stunning--
36.gif

I love the detail on the bezel--so elegant. It''s gorgeous from all angles! Congratulations!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 12:12:18 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
hiya AJ (*waving*),

LOVELY.

LOVELY.

LOVELY.

Absolutely gorgeous, hon!!!!!! Have seen Coati''s JM in person and loved it and this one appears no different!

ps: Love your oversized watch too :)

Wear in much love, great health and loads of happiness always!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hiya Grace my friend!
35.gif
*waves back*

ahh thankyou sweety, very kind of you.
Man would I love to have a playdate with Coats, you and Erica''s lovelies - now that would be a wicked cool party, lol!

Thanks on the watch too - it''s a Michael Kors men''s watch, and I''ve worn it to death. For a $300 watch it''s served me well
1.gif

Hope you are good !
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 1:18:38 PM
Author: blueroses
WOW. This is stunning--
36.gif

I love the detail on the bezel--so elegant. It''s gorgeous from all angles! Congratulations!
Hey thankyou blueroses - yes, thats one of the things I love about Jim''s work -
I''m completely obsessed with profile views of rings atm, so its fun having a piece that is pretty to admire
from all angles.
Thanks hon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results