shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AJ''s James Meyer Garnet bezel ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, seriously, I just about fell off my chair! That ring is a stunner! It goes right at the top of my favourite PS gemstone rings of all times list! It's gorgeous honey, wear it in happiness and good health!
36.gif

EdIT: Those flower shots are seriously cool BTW!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
AJ, this ring is AMAZING!!!! The stone is so delicious, and that setting is TDF!!!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG it is AMAZING!! That is a KNOCKOUT!! I love the YG with the plat bezel, the size/shape, COLOR, SETTING. It all came together in absolute harmony!!

Congratulations! Very excited for you!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ADORE this ring! Arjunajane, it looks amazing on you - absolutely perfect!
36.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
It''s amazing. I love the pink color of the garnet and the JM setting- can''t say enough times how much I love his work.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
wow! the color of your stone is just immaculate!!

absolutely gorgeous!

if you don''t mind me asking, how much was that setting? is it white gold or plat? thanks!!!

30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
AJ-gorgeous ring!!! I love everything about it :) What a beautiful stone and that setting is TDF! If you do mind me asking-is there anyway to get a ballpark figure for how costly it was to set a stone of that size?(don''t answer if you don''t want to-I know it is kind of personal)
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of that garnet!! Your ring came out great!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 2:54:38 AM
Author: arjunajane
or maybe the profile..
31.gif

It''s set at the perfect height, I really like how the culet is just *almost* touching the bridge
5.gif

LOVE it!!! Oh my AJ dear--it is astonishingly pretty! I love the how the culet almost touches the bridge--mine is set at that height, and it''s just so cool! So happy you got your JM hon! It is so lovely, and I hope that it provides you with endless entertainment! Now I am really inspired to have him set my aqua. YAh!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!

I love garnets anyway, but yours is perfect and unique, and you couldn''t have chosen a better setting. I am in LOVE!
30.gif

And lucky you -- you get to wear that beauty every day! Enjoy!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 2:36:59 AM
Author:arjunajane

Of course, I must thank my friend Coati, without who I would still be ignorant of JM and would not own

this gorgeous ring - Thanks hon
35.gif

You are very welcome, friend.
35.gif
I am so thrilled that you got exactly what you wanted--you deserve it my dear! I am seriously in love with this piece from the garnet to the JM. It''s just perfect--hooray!!
36.gif
Now come visit me, so I can try it on!!
3.gif

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
I''m not usually a fan of stones over 1.5 ct (i think they just look awful on my hand) but WOW this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! That setting is amazing and James Meyer did a great job!
emteeth.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is beautiful! I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby''s birthstone is garnet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 7:50:08 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/16/2009 2:39:32 AM
some flower ones..
The neighbors?
9.gif
2.gif

Well now, you just went and got yourself an absolutely outstanding ring missy!
30.gif
Seriously, sheer perfection in every way, all the way down to the size. I love everything about it. Bravo, well done!
36.gif

And I had to laugh when you said you matched your polish to the stone, I noticed that!
9.gif

Lastly, your pictures are phenominal, you really captured the beauty of this stone and setting! Feel free to post 2 or 20 more! And congrats my dear, wear it in good health.
Tee Hee..no, I actually went all out and purchased some this time
41.gif

But I was considering taking a wander tomorrow..
2.gif

Thankyou for noticing the polish and the photos..I may just have to do that, you know how I like posting heaps o pics!

Thankyou Ellen
13.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 7:56:12 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 4/16/2009 7:34:04 AM

Date: 4/16/2009 7:30:41 AM

Author: Deelight

Your ring is beautiful Aj talk about finger coverage
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So important question when are us Aussie gals going to do a GTG????? I wanna see all the pretties in person
36.gif

Hi dee, how are you?
35.gif

I know right, I love it!

*sigh* I would love to have a gtg..but I really need to get a new job first..
7.gif

I do need to get to Melbs to visit a friend sometime this year, perhaps we could arrange something there..?

I am good :), just buggered trying to get into a new schedule and all.

Melbourne would work for me, I have rellies there and that is where Miss Honey is - maybe the other Aussie gals might not be opposed to some travel - plus the jewellery stores are better :).

How''s the search going any luck so far?
Hey again Dee,
I figured Melbs would be slightly more convenient than Perth
5.gif

Things are ok - still looking, nothing solid yet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:13:59 AM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 4/16/2009 7:30:03 AM
Thanks Whitby, straight back at ya! Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you how supremely jealous

I am that you get to be an expat in the US - I would love to have a long term visit there..Did you move

originally for work, or just fun, if I may ask?

hi AJ :)

i've been following my husband round now for 9 years - 3 in england and now 6 in the US. tim works in the financial sector, so we came to NY for business reasons - 3 year stay MAXIMUM! - and of course, 6 years later, here we still are! i do love it here tho, and we plan to stay longer yet; probably only coming back to australia to retire. unless of course i find my perfect ocean front acreage property in Maine...

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

seriously tho, i think if i'm not home in 5 years my friends wil stage an intervention and come and get me! (i will, however, resist!)

and lady - that ring is something else...
Ha ha thanks Whitby,

that sounds awesome - both Fi and I are obsessed with getting to NY..hopefully it will happen soon.
It sounds like you have good friends that love you - oh and your retirement plans sound great! thanks for sharing
5.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Holy catfish! Your ring is absolutely perfect! I LOVE IT!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou kindly for your comments MTG, GeckoDani, Porridge, and Siamese - you're welcome, thankyou for your compliments!

Hey Adis, aw thanks Hon I appreciate it - I will try to get some more varied pics tomorrow - it's a great distraction from
studying
2.gif

Hello and Thankyou Dani and ahappygirl - lol, I like how you love every component - me too!
9.gif

Thanks Violet3 and April20
35.gif

Hi and thankyou waitingpatiently and stepcutnut !
WP, it is 18k yellow gold with a plat bezel, and the little "wraps" on the sides are plat.
SCN - I don't believe it was any extra to set this stone compared to a smaller one, but I could be wrong.
(for both) - I prefer not to say exactly as it is custom and everyone's quote will be different, but I will say that JM
was significantly more reasonable than I had expected. Basically it is more than 1 and less than 1.3
5.gif

I hope that helps, please feel free to ask me anything else, I am happy to try to help
1.gif

Hi gemgirl and thankyou !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 10:33:57 AM
Author: coatimundi

Of course, I must thank my friend Coati, without who I would still be ignorant of JM and would not own

35.gif

35.gif
I am so thrilled that you got exactly what you wanted--you deserve it my dear! I am seriously in love with this piece from the garnet to the JM. It''s just perfect--hooray!!
36.gif
3.gif
Hello hon
13.gif
13.gif
13.gif
2.gif

Thanks for dropping by, miss seeing you around here!

You know how much I appreciate all your advice and support on this - you have been a great help and inspiration, thankyou!
There are so many parts of the design I love, but I think the culet part and especially the side view of the split are just
30.gif
Those were
the features of your one I fell for
1.gif

Oh, you know it about the entertainment, lol..I already avoided a whole bunch of tasks today by driving to the airport to pick up my ring,
than spending a couple hours photo-ing it and posting here, ha! Yes, it''s a wonder my Fi hasn''t had me committed
9.gif

Thankyou sweets !
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello and Thankyou for your kind comments Stacy, lovebug and julesbeth!

Hi and thanks Katie - lol, that''s just how I felt when Coats first posted - Me Wanty!!
20.gif
5.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Your ring is perfection!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY, what a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the stone, swoooooooon!!! Paired together, perfection
36.gif
30.gif
9.gif

btw, love the polish, which color?
3.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The color of that stone is incredible!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have 2 seconds and have to go back to work. i''ve only seen the 1st picture but i''m having some palpitations! It''s so gorgeous!!!! ohhh I can''t wait to get off work tonight and drool!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:10:23 AM
Date: 4/16/2009 10:33:57 AM

Author: coatimundi

35.gif

35.gif
I am so thrilled that you got exactly what you wanted--you deserve it my dear! I am seriously in love with this piece from the garnet to the JM. It's just perfect--hooray!!
36.gif
3.gif

Hello hon
13.gif
13.gif
13.gif
2.gif

Thanks for dropping by, miss seeing you around here!

You know how much I appreciate all your advice and support on this - you have been a great help and inspiration, thankyou!

There are so many parts of the design I love, but I think the culet part and especially the side view of the split are just
30.gif
Those were

the features of your one I fell for
1.gif

Oh, you know it about the entertainment, lol..I already avoided a whole bunch of tasks today by driving to the airport to pick up my ring,

than spending a couple hours photo-ing it and posting here, ha! Yes, it's a wonder my Fi hasn't had me committed
9.gif

Thankyou sweets !
35.gif

13.gif
13.gif
13.gif
3.gif
17.gif

Miss you too sweets! I'll be posting more now that I'm more settled in at work. I'm so glad I got to see this ring this morning! Made my day! I'm just so excited for you! I feel the same way about the profile. This ring looks good from any angle, but that profile is sheer perfection. Be careful driving haha! (I said the same thing to Rainy) The steering wheel view is quite nice.
37.gif

Man, your garnet is so gorgeous. Just one big WOW!!
30.gif

I need a colored stone JM--I love his cab rings...
27.gif
31.gif

eta:--and I'm really glad I could help you, hon!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, had to take a little extra time and look anyway..mercy but that is gorgeous! I loooove the profile pictures!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that is a gorgeous ring! I absolutely am dying for a James Meyer ring...someday I must have one!

And that stone is just the most beautiful color!

Wear it in much health and happiness
36.gif
36.gif

(and I LOVE your watch, btw!!)

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
AJ,

I LOVE IT! Your ring is so yummy looking!! Totally love the two-tone and the way he finishes it! Everything about it is sheer perfection, the stone, the setting and it looks beautiful on your hand. Nice watch too!
2.gif

Have to say that you takes great photography! Thanks for sharing! Keep your projects coming!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG AMAZING - love love love!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 7:31:11 AM

Hi Rainy, I was just looking at your JM thread again - I adore yours! We should all meet up one day
for a JM playdate, lol..Even after studying pics for days, I had no idea how delicate this ring was going to be
in person - its amazing, I have no idea how he gets that milgrain and all the details so small and perfect!
I thought my ering was thin, but it looks positivey chunky next to this! Did you find the same..?
i totally felt the same! and in some of the closeup photos i took of it i can''t believe how ''thick'' it looks.... nothing like how it really is! photos add 10lbs to people AND rings!

oh man, can you imagine a JM playdate. we would need some serious resuscitation equipment!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results