shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If type A the price IS decent. I prefer the smaller jade's proportions and colour, if the photos are accurate.

Ask if they come with a local lab report?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only know reputable diamond labs in Oz but not for CS....maybe you should ask the Gemological Association of Australia?

The concern with jadeite is it is like ruby..... Notorious in treatments. Type B and C sells for a few bucks. You would want a lab report for it from a good lab. Transluscent green jadeites seldom occurs thick because they are usually veins in the boulders.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If type A the price IS decent. I prefer the smaller jade's proportions and colour, if the photos are accurate.

Ask if they come with a local lab report?

Is it too good to be true though?

Will ask about report tomorrow! Don't want to hassle the poor woman anymore seeing as I am still flip flopping about whether this is legit or not!

Also she says the ring is 14mm. I will need it sized up to 16.7mm or so. Wonder if that will be a problem! She says if I want to know about ring sizing will need to be after Lunar New Year as the factories have closed for the year.

Thank you for putting up with me through this!!!!! Hehe if this works out I won't have to spend a fortune setting that chrysoprase!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Seaglow! This is why I balked and bought a chrysoprase! Even if I get it tested and find out it's shoddy I then have to deal with the drama of chasing a vendor down! Gahhhhhhhh

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I need?

I need for you ladies to go into business together and be the Whiteflash of Jade, rubies and sapphires!

We can pay you a premium to not have to deal with the drama!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know labs in SG and Yangon that can test jade. Don't know about OZ, sorry.

My jade pieces have been hardier than the chipped spinel.

As for too good to be true no, don't think so. The larger piece is more opaque than the smaller green.

Are they from Myanmar Jade Jadeite Pendant?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know labs in SG and Yangon that can test jade. Don't know about OZ, sorry.

My jade pieces have been hardier than the chipped spinel.

As for too good to be true no, don't think so. The larger piece is more opaque than the smaller green.

Are they from Myanmar Jade Jadeite Pendant?

Yup all from the Facebook site you sent me to!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Iirc the jade stuff i got from her last year came with local China lab memos.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@mellowyellowgirl from a Burmese online seller. US$420 for all. These are in temp nickel settings. Nice colour but small and there are spots. I suspect on the thin side too.

Screenshot_2018-02-09-22-03-22.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok comes with certificates apparently. She says I could get it tested in the local lab again.

@Burmesedaze did you bargain on the price? There is a 4.5% charge for Paypal.

Which ring do you think ladies? I am worried about the thickness of the second ring as @Seaglow thinks it's too conveniently thick so now I'm all paranoid.

I am SOOO sorry for being a pest ladies! I am really going in blind and besides the pretty pretty colours appealing to me I'm pretty much an idiot!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I am of no help, I am clueless when it comes to jade. Like you, my favorite color in life is green, but when it comes to gemstones nice durable green stones are not common! In my search for the perfect green, I started with tsavorite, then wasted a lot of time trying to find a vanadium chrysoberyl that actually is green rather than gray, gave up and then started looking at jade then I felt like it was a mine field out there, so I quit. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I have no interest in getting a jade but I'll be following your progress in your search, I'd be interested with how it turns out. Good luck!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok comes with certificates apparently. She says I could get it tested in the local lab again.

@Burmesedaze did you bargain on the price? There is a 4.5% charge for Paypal.

Which ring do you think ladies? I am worried about the thickness of the second ring as @Seaglow thinks it's too conveniently thick so now I'm all paranoid.

I am SOOO sorry for being a pest ladies! I am really going in blind and besides the pretty pretty colours appealing to me I'm pretty much an idiot!

Ask her to take videos of both stones in natural light and send then to you. Her photos can be oversaturated.

I paid via bank transfer the 2nd time and it worked fine. She uses DHL for shipping so you get it fast. She refused to discount :(

Or hold out for more rings after CNY as she has a lot of stock!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
High dome is possible but usually they are with more opaque stones. Not occurring much in nice, vibrant, green transluscent stones but better chances in whites.

Decent if Type A. The price drop is caused by the color. First ring has a gray modifier it seems and second ring some yellow. What is the setting? 18k gold with diamonds?

I'm more risk avert with jade, ask for a photo of the certificate and I agree with sunlight photos and video. What is the return policy? Not sure how efficient are returns in Myanmar (or China)? Ask also for the name of the lab they use in case you request for a report.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @Seaglow and @Burmesedaze
The lady said they'll be back for business after lunar New year so I'll take a peek at more stock and ask her more questions after. I'll see if I can get a copy of the report to hand to you ladies!

She said it's 18k gold and diamonds. The diamonds look pretty small in the $866 ring.

She seemed pleased I wasn't going to do anything until after new year.

There is a 14 day return policy but I'd rather avoid that drama to be honest so trying to pick your brains as much as I can. I understand there is a risk, as long as I didn't take a moronic one I'm kinda ok with that.

The B&M here quoted me $3,125 for a much less nice coloured green jade ring. There lab report looks legit but for that price I reckon you ladies would clobber me if I bought that colour for that price.

I really appreciate the breakdown you're giving me of why a stone is priced the way it is! That's super helpful. I'm a total green hussy so it doesn't take much to lure me with green! :lol:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Y’all are all scaring me away from jade!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y’all are all scaring me away from jade!

Lol why do you think I keep wanting to set that chrysoprase and call it a day!

But then I see the others post pictures and I'm pining over jade again!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow @Burmesedaze

$588 each, 18K gold

I am hopeless at this! This green appeals to me too! Should I go for cheap n cheerful in the new year as I am starting out or try to get the best looking ring/stone I can afford?

27655418_1802629939797756_2856250207564338015_n.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha it depends on your budget, whether you'd like to hold out for a more expensive jade ring or have something affordable to try on before going for the bigger ticket.

No idea why the bangle is US$7188. Probably clean jade with no "stone lines" and it's a nice, even distribution of colour. The polish looks good too. I find her smaller jade items to be of better value than the bangles!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear I am like one of those birds that collect shiny things when it comes to green. Every shade seems like it's a good idea!

My 5yo son succumbs to the same obsession and has a play tent FULL of green kitchen utensils and things he stole off me.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I swear I am like one of those birds that collect shiny things when it comes to green. Every shade seems like it's a good idea!

My 5yo son succumbs to the same obsession and has a play tent FULL of green kitchen utensils and things he stole off me.

The apple (green jade) doesn't fall far....:lol-2:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On the rings....if the setting is about $300-400, the jade it $188-288. If about $300 is ok to risk for you (say the jade turns out to be treated jade at worst case), then why not, you still have the setting. :) Personally, I require a good lab report for higher priced stones but I do risk for a few bucks a stone without a lab report then I may send it to a lab thereafter. But I usually see the stones in person and if I buy online, I make sure I can do returns whether by shipping the goods back or visiting the vendor office to make swaps.

camelotshadow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Exactly, so I'm pretty sure there are fake lab reports too esp from you know which country :(

Pretty nice $7K bangle...out of my budget...

Hi, Have the jade bug & just joined & found myself in this
thread. 'm a bit lost but there was a post about fake labs.

I bought a bangle..(I am from USA bangle was from USA)
I sent a picture to a seller of jade & they am really sure it looks grade C when the certificate says grade A. I can't find ayone local that knows A grade by looking at it & it was not too pricey to send it to a US lab.

I have been researching & apparently according to GIA treated jade glows under UV light. Well this does not glow.

It does have some serious in my opinion stones lines & ones that intersect so I think thats not good but I am not sure.

Anyway can someone direct me to reputable jade sellers for the future but right now I have to figure out this bangle so I have time to send it back or file a claim with the big E.

Lab report lav $350 57 x 13.5 x 7.5 67g  CR s-l1600.jpg
Anyone know if this is a bad lab? The number comes up in a search but I have seen obviously vulgar dyed bangles certified A from this lab.

It looks sort of greenish, greyish blueish & sometimes lavendar depending on light
jade bangleP1170662 red.jpg

I guess I should start a new thread but I'm not sure where yet so please feel free to move this if its the wrong place.

Stone lines
Jade stone lines PP1170722 red.jpg

What should I do any advise, suggestions etc...Thanks!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @camelotshadow!!!! Welcome!!!!

Hopefully Seaglow or Burmesedaze will come along and help you out!

I am a numpty with jade as well and swing between wanting to give up on Jade and being tempted by the marvellous green. This thread is where I badger the forum's two lovely jade experts on my quest to find a nice jade cabochon.

I've bought from this person before:

https://www.yokdeejadeite.com/

I only bought a $200 something beaded bracelet so I didn't bother getting it certified but they can send anything you buy to a reputable lab for a fee.

I've also been told to look into this Facebook site for Jade. I'm planning to look more thoroughly after Lunar New Year

Myanmar jadeite jade pendant

camelotshadow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi @camelotshadow!!!! Welcome!!!!

Hopefully Seaglow or Burmesedaze will come along and help you out!

I am a numpty with jade as well and swing between wanting to give up on Jade and being tempted by the marvellous green. This thread is where I badger the forum's two lovely jade experts on my quest to find a nice jade cabochon.

I've bought from this person before:

https://www.yokdeejadeite.com/

I only bought a $200 something beaded bracelet so I didn't bother getting it certified but they can send anything you buy to a reputable lab for a fee.

I've also been told to look into this Facebook site for Jade. I'm planning to look more thoroughly after Lunar New Year

Myanmar jadeite jade pendant

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey, Are you from the pearl forum? I've been reading jade threads here for a while but finally joined. I also been here in the diamond section but no $ for that now...:twisted2:

Just want a nice untreated bangle. Jade feels good on the arm. I can feel its power. It gives me energy....

Really..its funny. Today I used the uv light on a pendant I bought & it glowed in the creases. I figured out it was some sort of waxy residue that was glowing & I scraped it off.
Oddest thing is when I took the first picture the pendant reversed itself. Now the strange thing is the photo was not reversed as the other objects in the photo were not reversed.

I'm abit in awe as to how the heck the brown on the pendant moved from the right side to the left in the photo...

Anyway seems this waxy substance glows in UV & it comes off so I think I got a untreated sweet scary pendant...:roll2:

What do you think?

Jade UV P117  63 red rev.jpg

Photo is not reversed as the white pendant was on the right & the label on the bangle was on the left which it is but that sneaky bicolor has the dark on the left in real life & somehow in this set of pictures its on the left!!!

Jade Wax UV after P1170798 (2) red match.jpg
This is what is really looks like with the dark on the right...

Its a very powerful magician!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty nice $7K bangle...out of my budget...

Hi, Have the jade bug & just joined & found myself in this
thread. 'm a bit lost but there was a post about fake labs.

I bought a bangle..(I am from USA bangle was from USA)
I sent a picture to a seller of jade & they am really sure it looks grade C when the certificate says grade A. I can't find ayone local that knows A grade by looking at it & it was not too pricey to send it to a US lab.

I have been researching & apparently according to GIA treated jade glows under UV light. Well this does not glow.

It does have some serious in my opinion stones lines & ones that intersect so I think thats not good but I am not sure.

Anyway can someone direct me to reputable jade sellers for the future but right now I have to figure out this bangle so I have time to send it back or file a claim with the big E.

Lab report lav $350 57 x 13.5 x 7.5 67g  CR s-l1600.jpg
Anyone know if this is a bad lab? The number comes up in a search but I have seen obviously vulgar dyed bangles certified A from this lab.

It looks sort of greenish, greyish blueish & sometimes lavendar depending on light
jade bangleP1170662 red.jpg

I guess I should start a new thread but I'm not sure where yet so please feel free to move this if its the wrong place.

Stone lines
Jade stone lines PP1170722 red.jpg

What should I do any advise, suggestions etc...Thanks!

Can't tell based on the photos, according to my jade mine owning friends. The bangle from the first photo looks nice though :)

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Rough_Rock
Premium
This is the lab

http://www.zzzbzj.com/

How can I find out more about it & why does it seem that they are issuing A certificate to treated jade?

camelotshadow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Can't tell based on the photos, according to my jade mine owning friends. The bangle from the first photo looks nice though :)

OOOhhh///Thats hopeful...

It looked nicer in the sellers pictures.

If I can trust the lab then the certificate is good & then I'm happy. Still if you look at some bangles certified A from this lab they look dyed.

Look at this one from the same lab..Its too purple & its $35...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/56mm-Certi...635702?hash=item25ed83ebb6:g:bgEAAOSwsFpaAvzi

Sorry if I am not allowed to post auctions but this just seems to be too good to be true. If they certified this gradeA then what does it say about the other certificates

Also looks like this very rarely as its mostly a pale blue gray.
It has a few hairlines spotches of green on either side & some clouds & stone lines run across it from one end to the other.

jade bangle P1170649 red.jpg

OOOh this is the picture mine was supposed to look like

lav $350 57 x 13.5 x 7.5 67g s-l1600.jpg

If its A grade I'm elated but I really need to be sure...

Are the cotton, cracks/ stone lines glowing a bit or is that just the light hitting them?

Jade UV   light P1170773 red.jpg

I'm tempted but its a pain & may not be conclusive but I could try to see if I can get the density. Polymer filled should be less dense.

Attachments

• Jade UV   light P1170773 red.jpg
    Jade UV light P1170773 red.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OOOhhh///Thats hopeful...

It looked nicer in the sellers pictures.

If I can trust the lab then the certificate is good & then I'm happy. Still if you look at some bangles certified A from this lab they look dyed.

Look at this one from the same lab..Its too purple & its $35...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/56mm-Certi...635702?hash=item25ed83ebb6:g:bgEAAOSwsFpaAvzi

Sorry if I am not allowed to post auctions but this just seems to be too good to be true. If they certified this gradeA then what does it say about the other certificates

Also looks like this very rarely as its mostly a pale blue gray.
It has a few hairlines spotches of green on either side & some clouds & stone lines run across it from one end to the other.

jade bangle P1170649 red.jpg

OOOh this is the picture mine was supposed to look like

lav $350 57 x 13.5 x 7.5 67g s-l1600.jpg

If its A grade I'm elated but I really need to be sure...

Are the cotton, cracks/ stone lines glowing a bit or is that just the light hitting them?

Jade UV   light P1170773 red.jpg

I'm tempted but its a pain & may not be conclusive but I could try to see if I can get the density. Polymer filled should be less dense.

May I know how much you paid for the bangle? The bangle in the ebay link is def o treated. They rarely appear in this colour combi and if they do, add a few more zeroes to the price!

I think I would do a return if you are in doubt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results