shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Nanyang Gemological Lab is at Far East too If you'd like to test stuff.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze does that jade store have more stock than on the website?

Re laser: Ouchies!!!! Heal soon!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Far East = semi precious, precious, gold, costume, new, secondhand, plenty!!

Arrrghhh I'm excited!!!! I haven't left the country in 5 years so don't mind me if I'm acting craaaazy!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@mellowyellowgirl yes they have much much more in store and prices are lower than online and charged in sgd$ :) but do drop them an email before going to see if they have specifics you are looking for.

Lol when is your trip to SG? I hope your flight has a good in flight entertainment system to keep the kids occupied!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze Do you wear jade beads? I want a string of jade beads. No idea if I'll wear it but I want one!!!!

That's on the list!

I loved the beads I got from Yokedee but they are on that elastic string which I find a tad irritating.

Oooh I'm going to Singapore this year (braving an 8 hour flight with the kid)!!! Any good jewellery to be had there?

Here are a few I have. Old photos. Probably have a couple more since. I think I posted a photo of the small pink ones on my neck in my thread somewhere sometime last year. I wear them occassionally depending on the collar/neckline of the clothes I have on.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
@Burmesedaze does that jade store have more stock than on the website?

Hi Yellowmellowgirl,
I am from SG and have in recent months, bought jade from this shop. I think they carry more that what is listed on their site. It is near YokeDee and definitely worth taking a look. Note that the shop name is very different from the website name. If you do purchase from them, they can send the jade to NGI for certification for a fee, on your behalf.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze OMG I want the green one!!!! WANT!!!!
Are the hooks 18K or Sterling silver?

You think I can find one in Singapore?
I am holding out buying from the FB lady until I go to Singapore in July.

I emailed All About Jade about a ring and turns out it was $13,000!!!!! I asked them if they had anything cheaper! They don't! The trouble is I can't tell between a $13,000 ring and one that would be $2,000.

Here this was $13,000. I mean it's pretty but I didn't think it's THAT different to the Facebook ones! Aiii maybe I give up and go set chrysoprase!

https://www.allaboutjade.com.sg/collections/rings/products/green-ring-cabochon-ri048

hehe we are going to let him watch TV! Lots of it! He is severely restricted in real life so he's super excited at the prospect of lots of screen time!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yellowmellowgirl,
I am from SG and have in recent months, bought jade from this shop. I think they carry more that what is listed on their site. It is near YokeDee and definitely worth taking a look. Note that the shop name is very different from the website name. If you do purchase from them, they can send the jade to NGI for certification for a fee, on your behalf.

oooh thank you for your information!!!! Anywhere else where I can buy jade? Or moderately priced jewellery? I am looking for a pair of Rose Gold Earrings.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
20180105_150235.jpg
Mellowyellowgirl, this is a HeTian nephrite with customised setting. Their customisation is reasonably priced but takes a long time as they get that done in Hong Kong

YC

Brilliant_Rock
If you are interested in bangles, can also try Ultimate Jadeite. She has online shops on etsy and ebay. However you will need to make an appointment and go to her home for viewing. Very nice lady. From my experience, she offers some discount from the listed etsy prices when you buy direct as she does not need to pay fees.

Another shop you can look at is LiHong jade. They have a few B&M shops. But I have never bought from them. Maybe those who have been to their shops can comment.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The hooks/clasps are sterling silver I ordered off Etsy/Ebay. The necklaces are mostly a few hundred usd$ each with that green the priciest.

Haha I think there are more jade bead necklaces in Myanmar than the SG shops as it's simple enough to do locally. Well July is some time away so they may have more. Talk to them in person for a discount. Works better that way.

I've been to the Li Hong store at Raffles City but I think All About Jade has a better selection for finer pieces, at least when I popped by to check. No harm checking them all!

Hold off buying till you see more jade in person!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Li hong looks a bit posh from the pics @Burmesedaze

Did they stock premade rings and such?

Definitely not buying anything until I go to Singapore and sniff around!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Li hong looks a bit posh from the pics @Burmesedaze

Did they stock premade rings and such?

Definitely not buying anything until I go to Singapore and sniff around!

Yes Li Hong has ready made jewellery. I find their prices a tad high though. But do check in. There are also many shops at Chinatown that sell jadeite. So long as you get them tested at NGL it's ok.

Or you can swing by Yangon and visit me :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Li Hong has ready made jewellery. I find their prices a tad high though. But do check in. There are also many shops at Chinatown that sell jadeite. So long as you get them tested at NGL it's ok.

Or you can swing by Yangon and visit me :)

OMG Don't tempt me, it's only a 3 hour flight and Jetstar does a few flights a day...

I shall call NGL and see how long it takes them to test something! I can see hubby grumbling now about how I'm supposed to holiday with them, not run around finding jade! Thinking of sneaking off in the afternoon/evening before bedtime cuz the shops open late!

How much higher were the prices do you recall? I am ok with slightly higher prices to a certain point. More for the convenience of it all! But not if it's something ridiculous!

If you ever come to Australia come visit me! We can meet in Sydney CBD so you know I'm legit! Haha I can only show you good eateries! Nothing good by way of gems!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG Don't tempt me, it's only a 3 hour flight and Jetstar does a few flights a day...

I shall call NGL and see how long it takes them to test something! I can see hubby grumbling now about how I'm supposed to holiday with them, not run around finding jade! Thinking of sneaking off in the afternoon/evening before bedtime cuz the shops open late!

How much higher were the prices do you recall? I am ok with slightly higher prices to a certain point. More for the convenience of it all! But not if it's something ridiculous!

If you ever come to Australia come visit me! We can meet in Sydney CBD so you know I'm legit! Haha I can only show you good eateries! Nothing good by way of gems!

Can't compare but let's just say I never got any from them. They are probably monitoring these forums :) Chinatown shops probably can do better on pricing than shopfronts at established malls with high rental overheads.

NGL does it same day for the trade folks that go to them regularly. For walk-ins like us they take at least a few days or longer depending on the volume. So get the shop to send in directly.

Haha lmk if you decide to swing by. I usually take the Jetstar flights myself.

I love the seafood in Sydney! Been there plenty in the past!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze look at the halo on this baby!

28795812_1830267027034047_7018219161619494056_n.jpg
What is the minimum amount of thickness I should settle for you reckon?

Random question: Do people really wear the giant carved pendants and peas? The jade looks lovely but the carvings are rather large and umm....unique.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also my husband made a rather mean but funny comment about my jade crusade:

That looks like something Thanos from Infinity Wars would collect. He's very excited about Infinity Wars.

PdRvqbF.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze look at the halo on this baby!

28795812_1830267027034047_7018219161619494056_n.jpg
What is the minimum amount of thickness I should settle for you reckon?

Random question: Do people really wear the giant carved pendants and peas? The jade looks lovely but the carvings are rather large and umm....unique.

Lol can't wait for Thanos in the next instalment.

Nice. Ask them for a side profile shot. Everything is relative to size yes?

Yes. Some people do. Most working people not. My lawyer friend texted me from Singapore once telling me he had a client that wore a big lavender cabbage jade pendant round her neck. During the entire session he was talking to the cabbage. He refused to take a sneak photo :razz:

I guess she's boss :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol can't wait for Thanos in the next instalment.

Nice. Ask them for a side profile shot. Everything is relative to size yes?

Yes. Some people do. Most working people not. My lawyer friend texted me from Singapore once telling me he had a client that wore a big lavender cabbage jade pendant round her neck. During the entire session he was talking to the cabbage. He refused to take a sneak photo :razz:

I guess she's boss :)

Too rich for my blood. It's $3000ish

Omg I would love to see someone wear a cabbage in real life.

Little cabbage earrings would be cute though!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty @Burmesedaze!!!! Great size too! That's on my wish list!

Haha I'd fridge them and wear them in the boiling Sydney summer since jade is so cold.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a lavender girl but this is so pretty!

28796083_1831468220247261_464827499430558132_n.jpg

Ok so the more I've been looking the more it's got me thinking! I think I would be more likely to sacrifice translucency for a bulgier dome.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not a lavender girl but this is so pretty!

28796083_1831468220247261_464827499430558132_n.jpg

Depends on the colour. If it's a strong shade I find that a flatter dome is acceptable. It still looks good. If it's a light shade I'd go for size and proportions. With jadeite, colour is usually valued first followed by the rest. But then again, appreciation is subjective.

Urgh. I'm still after a nice lavender piece!

Ok so the more I've been looking the more it's got me thinking! I think I would be more likely to sacrifice translucency for a bulgier dome.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze *screams at you like a maniac*

OMG!!! LOOK!!!! It's like my shared prong bangle but in JADE!!!! OMG!!!! $3610.

I wish they sold these things retail with proper certs! I'd so buy this! Something about sending off thousands of dollars by Western Union is a bit daunting though.

29216654_1841080462619370_6110384654156562432_n.jpg

29216382_1841080382619378_7249168264591310848_n.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze *screams at you like a maniac*

OMG!!! LOOK!!!! It's like my shared prong bangle but in JADE!!!! OMG!!!! $3610.

I wish they sold these things retail with proper certs! I'd so buy this! Something about sending off thousands of dollars by Western Union is a bit daunting though.

29216654_1841080462619370_6110384654156562432_n.jpg

29216382_1841080382619378_7249168264591310848_n.jpg

A singular larger jadeite cab with this colour and texture would be more precious than this!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze should I contact the facebook jade lady about a sub $500 jade necklace (as in ask about one in general, haven't seen one yet) or wait until Singapore?

Mother's Day is coming up and I am entitled to a pressie!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze should I contact the facebook jade lady about a sub $500 jade necklace (as in ask about one in general, haven't seen one yet) or wait until Singapore?

Mother's Day is coming up and I am entitled to a pressie!

Both! See what she has in stock!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze
@Seaglow (I hope you don't mind me tagging you!)

$588
Silver hook
5.5mm beads
60cm long. Seems a little long do you think?
There is a video in which it looks lighter but not too light! More like the first pic!

29137921_1848253285235421_469381400_n.jpg
29340931_1848259721901444_822612907_n.jpg
29138175_1848259528568130_1564093986_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results