shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These beads....just a fun picture since they are jadeite. These are beautifully large and translucent..But they are slightly grey blue green from a local estate. Priced at 3.5k which I think is a very good deal since the jadeite is very fine quality. Even coloration, practically no flaws, smooth texture, very translucent, almost like cabochon material, and it has a gem set clasp. It is s chic, choker necklace. The one thing that might be considered lower quality, and I'm not sure about this....is the color might be considered too in between. Thoughts?

IMG_4850.JPG

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally LOVE that color and would get those in a heartbeat!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally LOVE that color and would get those in a heartbeat!
Thank you for expressing that, Minous! I love the color too. It's such an elegant and restful, dreamy blue green. Sigh....I'm really considering these but also trying to save for a glassy jade cabochon.

Last edited:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These beads....just a fun picture since they are jadeite. These are beautifully large and translucent..But they are slightly grey blue green from a local estate. Priced at 3.5k which I think is a very good deal since the jadeite is very fine quality. Even coloration, practically no flaws, smooth texture, very translucent, almost like cabochon material, and it has a gem set clasp. It is s chic, choker necklace. The one thing that might be considered lower quality, and I'm not sure about this....is the color might be considered too in between. Thoughts?

IMG_4850.JPG

I would not recommend the necklace. With such high price and the colour is not the best, if you plan to resell the necklace, it will be very difficult. Better have all the money in a quality cab.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very lovely and what a size. Old jade and texture for sure.

Agree the price is too high as the colour isn't close to the asking price. Though it'd be hard to find a similar necklace, it's really more of a personal appeal than a prized one.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely and what a size. Old jade and texture for sure.

Agree the price is too high as the colour isn't close to the asking price. Though it'd be hard to find a similar necklace, it's really more of a personal appeal than a prized one.
If I decided on these, i could probably negotiate down to half of that. Burmesedaze, what would you consider a good price for this where you are? I do personally love the green, and the quality and size is very hard to come by again indeed. If these were a more vivid green, they would be so far out of my price range considering the excellence of the other qualities.
I'm curious, even though I'm sure I will pass in favor of a cabochon this year...these decisions are hard.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe around 1000 tops? Not more than that. Hard to put a real value to it and yes, if it were a green green, that'd be another zero :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe around 1000 tops? Not more than that. Hard to put a real value to it and yes, if it were a green green, that'd be another zero :)
Ok I'm definitely passing...That made it easy because there is no way I want to overpay. Just thinking it would be valued less, even in another part of the world, is unappealing. And, there is no way they'd accept that price. You are right, it's hard to put a real value on it. I recently saw a strand, smaller beads, but wonderful translucence and texture, a lighter shade but still greenish, that sold for 5 figures. Sorry for the slight deviation here...

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This jade bead necklace demonstrates how different qualities in jade add up exponentially. If it had been opaque, it would be very inexpensive, but with a more 'market favored' color, the price would go way up. It's also a good example of how to chose jadeite in a budget...by identifying what qualities you want most, and which you might be willing to sacrifice. I personally find translucence important to me, and am ok with less vivid colors if they are nice colors. And, size is important to me.

This Summer, as another example, I saw a jadeite beaded necklace for 8k. It had huge, 24mm beads and a lovely green color. But it was opaque with a coarser grain. But the color, and the size were the main qualities. Had it been translucent, well then the price would have exploded up from that.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much ladies and gents!

@Seaglow that sounds like it's not a scam at least! I shall go when I am free and report back!

Any tips on how I can get them to let me take photos? I'm worried they won't take kindly to me snapping pics of their stock.

Same experience as Bluegemz, I would snap shots of them to seek an opinion from my friends or family that aren't with me. They would usually be ok with that.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thinking it would be valued less, even in another part of the world, is unappealing

Sure wouldn't want to meet the men whose junk is my treasure ! [of course, the opposite is impossible ... ]

I remember bangles of somewhat ash/smoke gray colour - called 'green', perhaps on account of a very subtle tint, or just an honorary term awarded to unusual, obvious beauty. Their prices seemed to be entirely in the texture [which seems to vary among the beads - much that the picture tells] - so no both gray & rough textured material on offer, only texture-less ice, glassº and some variety resembling gellying fluids [it is quince season here !]. Sum: I remained with the impression that the gray jades were an 'as you like it' proposition, not unlike the mysterious diamond colours wavering between green & gray WWW.

My memories come from pictures [I am ashamed!] of a defunct retailer whose vast catalogue has long since dissapeared [8yu.] I never knew if the gray jadeite was Burmeze - not that there are that many other options ...

Does this description of 'gray jade' remind you anything you are seeing, @Burmesedaze ?

____
º - in 'real life', I wouldn't know how to think of ice as anything but glass; the distinction betwee jadeite types is relatively clear [Soft Matter Pricescope Unite !]

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure wouldn't want to meet the men whose junk is my treasure ! [of course, the opposite is impossible ... ]

I remember bangles of somewhat ash/smoke gray colour - called 'green', perhaps on account of a very subtle tint, or just an honorary term awarded to unusual, obvious beauty. Their prices seemed to be entirely in the texture [which seems to vary among the beads - much that the picture tells] - so no both gray & rough textured material on offer, only texture-less ice, glassº and some variety resembling gellying fluids [it is quince season here !]. Sum: I remained with the impression that the gray jades were an 'as you like it' proposition, not unlike the mysterious diamond colours wavering between green & gray WWW.

My memories come from pictures [I am ashamed!] of a defunct retailer whose vast catalogue has long since dissapeared [8yu.] I never knew if the gray jadeite was Burmeze - not that there are that many other options ...

Does this description of 'gray jade' remind you anything you are seeing, @Burmesedaze ?

____
º - in 'real life', I wouldn't know how to think of ice as anything but glass; the distinction betwee jadeite types is relatively clear [Soft Matter Pricescope Unite !]
Valeria, I believe you captured it well. It is a matter of personal preference....I have always been able to decide for myself what I consider beautiful in that I have many times bought things that others would consider out of style, or not valuable....and when this has happened, I'm happy to pay the price, even if high because I know I love it. Also, value is a 'living' evolving thing. The value of something is defined largely by what someone is willing to pay for it.

somehow with these beads, it remains nebulous. I am deeply intrugued by them, but not enough for the price because of the ambiguity of the color. Within the grey green spectrum, as with diamonds, some tones are clearer and stronger than others. Because the love is not 100% with confidence, the thought of possibly over paying does become an issue. If love were 100%, ( for me if they were more blue) then it would not matter and I'd buy them.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much ladies and gents!

@Seaglow that sounds like it's not a scam at least! I shall go when I am free and report back!

Any tips on how I can get them to let me take photos? I'm worried they won't take kindly to me snapping pics of their stock.

No harm in trying. Some vendors don't allow but some do. :)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

____

Don't mean to hijack the thread but.....

But but but valeria, these gray jadeites are also Burmese....and I was discussing a few weeks back with @Burmesedaze only not in jewelry but on something more useful....pots!

I got this for 3x more the price of the dull pots sold by carvers, only because I like the color and texture. It was sold as 3 colors (marketing ploy) - gray, a brighter shade of green, and a darker shade of green. Sometimes, the gray appears more, sometimes, the brighter green... Depending on lighting. Wasn't really happy at first to pay the premium but after looking at many carvers' shops and not finding the color, I'm happy to have it.p

image.png image.png

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't mean to hijack the thread but.....

But but but valeria, these gray jadeites are also Burmese....and I was discussing a few weeks back with @Burmesedaze only not in jewelry but on something more useful....pots!

I got this for 3x more the price of the dull pots sold by carvers, only because I like the color and texture. It was sold as 3 colors (marketing ploy) - gray, a brighter shade of green, and a darker shade of green. Sometimes, the gray appears more, sometimes, the brighter green... Depending on lighting. Wasn't really happy at first to pay the premium but after looking at many carvers' shops and not finding the color, I'm happy to have it.p

image.png image.png
I LOVE them! Gorgeous...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The necklace shade reminds me of the base shade in my $30 bangle, cleaner, more translucent and with a touch of blue. So I don't think it's a particularly sought after colour, texture and size notwithstanding. I think it's a good call to not proceed at that pricepoint :)

Valeria, yes! There are tonnes of greys here, just mostly opaque now.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
More pottiness over pots :)

This is old stock and old carving in Myanmar. Not as elegant as the modern white set, but more colourful. 20170909_153702.jpg 20170909_153711.jpg 20170909_153719.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellowyellow, I have a private email and contact for a very good jade dealer in Hawaii which I got from my collector friend, who had an increadible collection. If you want that from me, I'll set up some kind of loupe troope listing on a weekend to contact me. This could work as a last resort if you don't find anything there or with the seller that Burmesedaze has. It sounds like there are many sellers where you are, which of course is easiest, so you can see the pieces in person. Just let me know if You decide you want this info. Unfortunately she doesn't have a web site. It's times like this that I wish pricescope had a private message system.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't mean to hijack the thread but...
... but I am happy you have mentioned the 'three colours' ployº ! I am rather drawn to the painterly patterns presented as such, while the russet-green-white & green-white color schemes are someone else's tradition.

Very consistently, what I am drawn to [jade or else] is valued as you say: 'difficult to know if & where anything equivalent exists - so each transaction stands on some other kind of intuition instead of being 'marked to market'. I do not know this much about the gray-black & green material, but, it is obviously beautiful to me.

___
º memorable pieces were black & green & purple on white, and green & purple on russet; in a coarsening 'glass' texture. I imagine that somewhere, somehow, such colours happen in 'ice' - with patterns following texture: unpredictably disolved & dispersed like ink in water, or colored fog ...

Disclaimer: not sure how much I mind colour patches in sapphire, let alone jade.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the OP: did you look at the Etsy seller "jadepeonny"? They have some green cab rings, like this one that are under your budget
il_570xN.810267565_hymu.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze haha the apples and fruit and corn carvings are tempting me! I am a terror! Will be using this thread to ping you if you don't mind!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the ebay vendor I bought my Cab from. Comes with legit Chinese Cert that Ive looked up on website. It's not imperial green but a niCe for the priCes.
Ebay vendor: mj23ny

Cab2 (1).jpg
Cab5 (1).jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze @Seaglow

$960

Thoughts and opinions pretty please ladies!

I got a bunch of photos but can't read the thickness on it! 27848421_1800586180002132_331838395_n.jpg 27939479_1800586120002138_781847825_n.jpg 27848558_1800586070002143_306553877_n.jpg

27654361_1800582216669195_4131551705845736802_n.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one! I do not know how to read these pictures!

$866

27950799_1800591076668309_794405994_o.jpg

27901335_1800591010001649_626469585_o.jpg 27906754_1800590913334992_2073859162_o.jpg 27848873_1800590863334997_982608776_n.jpg

27907244_1800591106668306_1314269863_o.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
High dome.....you should ask first if it is Type A Jade.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any descriptions?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No descriptions! She just sent me a zillion pics and videos!

Even if she says it is grade A how do I test it in Aus?

Is it a bit too good to be true ladies?

Untreated Grade A Jade apparently!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results