shape
carat
color
clarity

Accident

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 7:11:30 AM
Author: allycat0303

...If there is one thing I have learnt from this experience is that I don''t believe in giving people a prognosis. Honestly, I know people say things like ''oh this will allow him to make the most of life'' for me, I see it as completely poopy. At least in FIL case. Since they''ve told him, he''s waiting to die, he''s not making the most of anything. And if he lives more then 6 months he''s going to waiting to die even more.

Ally, I don''t know you very well since our paths haven''t really crossed in these here parts, but I''m very glad you are doing well and feeling better! I wanted to post because of what you said above about prognoses... my grandfather was diagnosed with metasticized malignant melanoma about 5 years ago and was told he would probably have 6 months to a year to live. He ended up living for 5 years and just passed away on November 22. It sounds like his feelings during the time from diagnosis to his death were a lot like your FIL''s feelings--he was waiting to die from the moment he was given the diagnosis and the prognosis. It was a sad and hard time for the whole family, since he could have had 4 more years enjoying his life, but everyone copes with terminal illness differently I guess. Anyways, I wanted to let you know that I think your observation is correct for many people diagnosed with essentially terminal illnesses. I really hope that your FIL is able to find more hope for the future, somewhere deep inside, because it is hard to see someone you love give up. No matter what, though, he will benefit from your love and support, and that is all you can really control and hope for when you are supporting someone through cancer treatment.

All the best,

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ally just wanted to come back and wish you a happy holiday - I hope you are able to be at home enjoying it with your FI and family
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to Ally and Hockeyguy. I''m so happy to see Ally posting. Both of you (and your families and friends) are in my prayers. Have a wonderful holiday together.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that you got home for Christmas ally! Have a great day!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I finally wasn''t able to go home for Christmas. It turned out to be so much of a logistical nightmare that I couldn''t go. So Instead I was lurking around here, waiting for Christmas bling. I think a lot of people get engaged on Christmas Eve, so I''m hoping to see things this morning.

My fiance was home with his father, and my family attempted to make their own turkey (in previous years I''ve always been responsible for the turkey) but apparently it turned out all right. Other then that, I made an effort to sleep through Christmas Eve. My family may be able to come tonight and hopefully they will bring some of the leftover turkey. Usually I cook the dinner and I DESPISE turkey. I''m not able to eat it, but after all of this hospital food, it would be really cool to eat something. Oh my gosh, it''s so gross! When I am in the hospital working, I skip lunch because the smell of it makes me feel sick. So I haven''t been able to choke any of it down. Combined with stress and just some general anxiety about life, I''ve lost a lot of weight. Which is not necessarily a bad thing because I wanted to tone down for the wedding dress, but I''ve come up with all these insane cravings. Like pancakes, and eggs benedict. URGH. As soon as I get out of the hospital I am going to go CRAZY.

Happy Christmas everyone! Thank you for thinking of me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2008 8:19:04 AM
I finally wasn''t able to go home for Christmas. It turned out to be so much of a logistical nightmare that I couldn''t go. So Instead I was lurking around here, waiting for Christmas bling. I think a lot of people get engaged on Christmas Eve, so I''m hoping to see things this morning.

My fiance was home with his father, and my family attempted to make their own turkey (in previous years I''ve always been responsible for the turkey) but apparently it turned out all right. Other then that, I made an effort to sleep through Christmas Eve. My family may be able to come tonight and hopefully they will bring some of the leftover turkey. Usually I cook the dinner and I DESPISE turkey. I''m not able to eat it, but after all of this hospital food, it would be really cool to eat something. Oh my gosh, it''s so gross! When I am in the hospital working, I skip lunch because the smell of it makes me feel sick. So I haven''t been able to choke any of it down. Combined with stress and just some general anxiety about life, I''ve lost a lot of weight. Which is not necessarily a bad thing because I wanted to tone down for the wedding dress, but I''ve come up with all these insane cravings. Like pancakes, and eggs benedict. URGH. As soon as I get out of the hospital I am going to go CRAZY.

Happy Christmas to you too Ally! I am so sorry you are still in hospital, but so happy to hear you are recovering well!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Ally! Get well and get home soon!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas Ally!! I hear ya on the hospital food
14.gif
I hope you are released soon so you can go get those pancakes
1.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/25/2008 8:19:04 AM

I know what you mean about the hospital food... my mom was just in the hospital too and she said it was nasty... i could barely even look at it! yucky! Hopefully they have something good for you tonight since its christmas!!

That stinks you didnt get to go home, but im sure its for the best!

Just hoping you have a Merry Christmas! :)

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas, Ally!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Ally! Sorry you couldn''t be home but everyone is thinking of you today!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas! Thinking of you, and everyone else who can''t be home today.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Ally : you are such a strong person.I wish you all the very best and hopefully you will get reunited with family and HG.Hope you were able to eat a bit of home cooked meal.We are wishing you all the very best.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally,
I hear you on the hospital food, praying you get sprung soon and can have the pancakes you want. I am sorry you had to spend Christmas in the hospital. But am feeling you are doing well and will get out soon. Ash and I made pumpkin pancakes this morning, they were yummy. If I had known you loved pancakes we would have fixed you a virtual plate. HUGS, stay well!!! xo, Lisa
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas Ally!!!
I know what it is like to spend Christmas in the hospital and it isn''t fun.
Hang in there and get well!!!!!
Prayers continue!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Allycat, I am so glad to see that you are doing better! Poor Hockeyguy was soo worried!... As were all of us. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allycat, I am sorry to hear you are still in the hospital. I hope you get some real food today and some bling.
36.gif
Take care, get better and sending you PS dust that you go home soon.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you didn''t get home yet. I hope you get to go soon and get those pancakes you need!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
yikes ally! i got to this thread late and i was so worried reading through your fiance''s posts!!! i''m so glad you''re doing better. merry christmas! you''ve got me craving pancakes too...
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ally! I hope your Christmas in the hospital wasn''t too much of a downer, though I know that is certainly not where you wanted to be. I hear you on the food though
9.gif
And seriously, girl! Do not worry about school and residency. It will all work out, always does. You are so smart and hard-working and will absolutely be an asset to the program that is bright enough to match you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas, Ally! I hope you can go home soon!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Merry Christmas Ally!! Hope you are home soon with your lovely FI :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Ally. I am hoping you are feeling better with each day. I hope you get released soon. Prayers continue for a speedy recovery!!!
1.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Ally and HG: hope you are both ok.We are thinking of both of you and waiting for an update.Hope you can go home soon Ally and get some home cooked food.Sending lots of good wishes to you.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hey ally...hope you are doing better. hopefully you can make it home for the new year
35.gif
. stay as strong and positive as you have been.
emhot.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
If I was there Ally, I would sneak some eggs bene into you, or even the same thing I make people sneak in the hopsital for me. Jack-in-the-box tacos. I know that sounds gross, but it''s comfort food to me. I used to have to sneak in food for my Dad all the time, either that or he constantly sent me down to the hospital cafeteria to get him better food.

I am just so grateful you are recovering so well. I was worried.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that you didn''t get home for Christmas. I hope that you won''t be in there too much longer. Sending hugs!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Ally - hopefully you''ll be home soon. Glad to hear you''re on your way to a full recovery.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are you doing Ally? Hoping all is going well. HUGS!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Kaliegh, everyone,

You`re all so sweet. I am still here. Trying to get as much studying done as possible because I will have exams as soon as I get out of here. Still waiting and worrying about school exam results. My FIL has an appointement with his doctor today (he has appointments every week, so it`s hard on them). I am still on IV antibiotics so they won`t let me go home yet
14.gif
. Trying to stay positive, but I`m overwhelmed by the stress and the amount of work that is piling up on me while I''m here. I have nightmares about all sorts of things! Aside from that my fiance has been working and taking care of his Dad, so I haven`t seen him all week. He comes to stay overnight, but he arrives really late and is knocked out, so we haven`t had a real conversation in about a week. It''s lonely and long. And the CT scan showed progression of the edema on friday so the doctor wasn`t optimistic about me going home for New Years either.
14.gif
Although I begged and promised to come back if there was the slightest symptom. Blah. Hopefully Ì''ll get my test result today, I''ll pass. That would be a terrific moral boost. Or maybe an interview invite. I would get the impression that my life isn`t nearly as off-balanace as I think. I kind of have the impression that everything is a disaster. Hugs! Thank you for keeping me company through all this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results