shape
carat
color
clarity

Accident

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This good news is a relief
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear some good news today! Rest up sweetie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Ally & HG, such good news!! Praying for a speedy recovery for you Ally!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers continued for sweet Ally and hugs to Hockey!
emrose.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah!!! I''ve been following this heart wrenching thread and I''m so glad to see that Ally is doing well!!!
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
any more updates for us Hockey??

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Sending prayers and speedy recovery vibes to you ally...stay strong and positive HG--she needs ya.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am not around much these days, so I just saw this and scanned through the whole thread holding my breath...

I am so glad to hear you are doing better, Ally! Here''s hoping for a speedy recovery!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I only visit PS occasionally and just learned about the accident. Thanks for all the updates! You are a strong, wonderful woman and I know your recovery will be quick!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

lovey

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I am sorry it took me so long to write, but I wasn''t able to get connected to the internet from my lap top until this morning. I am overwhelmed by all of the positive thoughts and prayers you have sent to my family. I would never have thought that my fiance would post about the situation, but I can''t deny that it lifts my spirits to know that I am recieving support from so many different places.

It''s so crazy to see old faces (Blueroses, fatefelice, Lovey), I miss seeing you gals around and it was nice to know you are still out there. Blue, I was glad to hear about your update a few weeks back.I think about you whenever I am on this board, so please drop in sometimes to let us know you are ok. Hungrygal (Chris), I hope you stick around. I''ll be emailing you soon.

Some AMAZING news. My father in law is responding really well to the hydrea. Actually, his doctor is amazed at the response. The white blood cells did a dramatic drop from 85 000 to 25 000. Which is truly enormous. The hem-onc was STUNNED! Honestly, I know he said that 6 months was iffy, but I really think FIL is going to surprise everyone. And he''s tolerating the medicattion really well. If there is one thing I have learnt from this experience is that I don''t believe in giving people a prognosis. Honestly, I know people say things like "oh this will allow him to make the most of life" for me, I see it as completely poopy. At least in FIL case. Since they''ve told him, he''s waiting to die, he''s not making the most of anything. And if he lives more then 6 months he''s going to waiting to die even more.
I hope to be off the antibiotics soon, because I really want to go home for Christmas! But the neurosurgeon (who incidently...I knew before the surgery....ugh..I try not to think to much about the fact that they''ve seen me without clothes on now, it''s mortifying.) seems to think it should be ok. I''m being a bit of an internal brat about my hair. I know, I know. It''s hair, it will grow back, I''m lucky the accident wasn''t worst then what it was...BUT I''m getting married in 6 months and I am a 1/4 bald. I''m going to need the biggest veil ever (opaque if possible)

Aside from that, there''s been a bit of poopy stuff with school. I had an exam on friday. The university gave me the option of writing in January because I was in the hospital, but that was smack in the middle of interviews, or do it on friday. I went for it. They had someone come supervise me in the hospital room. Except I don''t think I did well. I didn''t study, I tried a few times, but I kept falling asleep and having trouble concentrating. I just want to pass the exam. And, I also got rejected from one of the residency programs I applied too. I''m not surprised, because I expected it, but it would have been nice to start the residency applications with an interview invite instead of a rejection. So I was a bit down this weekend. Something about being in the hospital, school, and not being able to see my family. It''s kind of lonely in this room to be honest.

Thank you all for being so kind to keep my fiance''s spirits up with your well wishes. He''s as superstitious as I am, and he felt that everyone bought me some good luck getting better. He''s a believer in the PS dust now. He said he would continue to lurk sometimes, because the people are really nice.

I do need a little dust for school though. That''s kind of discouraging me.

Oh. And he really did order my wedding band. Which is pretty funny. I don''t even really remember saying that
6.gif
But we had been have conversations with the jeweler, so it should be fine.

Hugs to everyone who took the time to write. I need to go catch up on all of the news.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ALLY!!!!

Thanks so much for the update, wonderful to see you post - (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

And of course we will send you all the dust we can muster! *******************************************
********************************************************************************

And incredible news about FIL!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

emrose.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so good to hear from you and know that you are on the mend!

Glad to hear that the news about your FIL is so positive. You are right - we are all dying to some degree or another but putting a date and time on it is impossible. I hope that he continues to respond to the meds. That will hopefully mean that his quality of life will be better than it has been. We can only live one day at a time and I hope that his days continue to be good.

I can understand being upset about your hair but it will grow and this too shall pass. You have some time for some growth and there are hairweaves, etc. that can mask what is missing. It will work out!

The school and residency program will work out too. You''ve had a major bump in the road but when you are completely well and up and about, you can address those issues. What''s really important now is for you to get well and back on your feet. We are collectively grateful that you are OK.

I know this has been a difficult time but you''ve got so much to be thankful for! Let''s just focus on the good of it - worry and stress won''t be good for the healing process. The rest can be worked out in time. You''ve got your life and your health and a wonderful man that clearly loves you. You are far luckier than you can imagine!

Again, please check back with us as time allows. We are so thankful that you are OK and have and will continue to blow lots of dust your way. In a time filled with so much angst on so many fronts, this good news was really something to celebrate. We are delighted to have you back with us!
36.gif
36.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Great to have you back Ally!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ally!!!!!
35.gif
It''s so great to see you here. I was worried sick about you and checked here a million times a day for updates. Hockeyguy is wonderful--the two of you are lucky to have each other. Please take care of yourself and don''t get stressed out about school or your hair!! I''m just so relieved that you''re ok.
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO ally! So glad that you posted and you''re ok. I was so worried about you! I''m sorry that the exam didn''t go well for you ( I know how that feels), but things will work out. I''m sorry to hear about the residency programme too. Sending lots of hugs and I hope that you get home in time for Christmas.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh sweet ally!! so good to see you posting again! i''ve been so worried about you.
sending you lots of good vibes + prayers for a speedy recovery, beautiful hair for your wedding day and good school news.
take care!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allycat,
it is wonderful to see you posting!!! Hugs, sending ps dust your hair grows quick (it will) and PS dust for your exams. Ah, that is wonderful news about your FI's dad. Prayers continued for a speedy recovery, so glad to see you; we all think the world of you, hugs!
emrose.gif
ditto Mrs. Salvo and MissGotrocks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, It''s so wonderful to see you post and that you are doing better. Has your double vision cleared? Please take Missgotrocks advice and do not worry about school right now. Just get yourself better and then you can cross that bridge when you are 100%. Prayers continuing for you and that you can be home for Christmas. If not, I bet your family will bring Christmas to you.

p.s which wedding band did you want
12.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ally, It''s so good to hear from you. You, your fiance, and both your families have been in my thoughts. Don''t feel silly about being upset about your hair, this wedding has been a long time coming and I think it''s totally reasonable to be a bit bummed about it. I hope you passed your test, don''t be too hard on yourself if you didn''t you''ve been through a major trauma! Take care of yourself.

k

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy to hear from you! I was so worried about you! I''m so glad you will be planning to go home by Christmas!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Ally! I''m so glad you are posting and on the mend. I have thought about you and your FI often since your accident. Try not to stress out about the exam/residency stuff - things will totally work out for you. With all the love, support, and dust coming from PS how could they not?!

Thinking of you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ally - so glad to hear that you are awake and recovering. Excellent news about your FIL - fingers crossed that the news continues to be good - he sounds like a fighter.

I''m sorry to hear that school has been rough - I am sure that you will pull through it better than ever though, as you always seem to do - fingers crossed for residency interviews and a continued recovery for you
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
YAY ally so glad you''re back and on the road to recovery...
36.gif
and dont worry about your hair - the ladies in BIW will have plenty of ideas to work it all out im sure. just so glad you''re ok
21.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ally, Im so happy that you are getting better. I have been praying for your speedy recovery. Try not to worry about other things right now- just focus on getting better, since that is the most important. Thinking of you!!!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear from you, Ally!! We''ve all been hoping you''d be fine, and you are! And no worries about your hair--I''m sure there are some great options out there (other than an opaque veil
3.gif
) that could make you look and feel like a million bucks. Don''t worry about that now, though. Just concentrate on getting better!
1.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to see you posting!!!! Im also happy to hear that your FFIL is also responding well to treatment and stuff, thats awesome!!! :)

Im sorry about school,but LOTS of *DUST* hoping you passed your exam and getting interviews for your residency!

Keep getting better!! :)

Oh and about your hair, when you can... start taking bition, it makes my hair grow about an inch a month... so hopefully you should have about 3-5 inches of hair in the spot by then, and then we can all help you find some sort of extensions to cover it!! Im sure you will look beautiful no matter what! :)

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally, thank God you''re back!!! Now don''t you EVER scare us like that again, girl!!! ((((HUGS)))))
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, Ally
36.gif
We''ve all been so worried about you. Concentrate on your recovery, ok? You''ve been through a lot<----understatement
6.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow Ally! - glad you are doing ok!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ally -

It''s so good to hear from you. It''s wonderful that you might be able to be home for Christmas. And it''s wonderful about your FFIL''s white count going down. And as I said before, being on the patient side of things will make you an even better physician.

I''ll be sending you lots of PS dust for the residency process. I''m sure you''ll end up at the program that is best for you.

Joyeux Noel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results