shape
carat
color
clarity

Accident

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally, just letting you know I am thinking about you and hope you are doing better.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been on PS for ages, I couldn''t believe it when I started reading this thread!
6.gif
Ally, HockeyGuy, I''ll be praying for you and your families. I admire your strength! Accidents and surgery are pretty awful to go through, I''m sorry it happened to you. Ally dear, take care and get well soon!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you all and I have you in my prayers.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Just a little visit to see how Ally is doing.Keeping my fingers crossed.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
checking in, you are in my thoughts and prayers Ally

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
just a little note to say HHHHEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY...................................

How are things today?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ally, still thinking of you and hoping that things are continuing to improve healthwise and otherwise...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
you will be in my warmest thoughts and my tightest closed squeezed eyed prayers.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ally, thinking of you. I hope all is going well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 5:30:13 PM
Author: snlee
Hi Ally, thinking of you. I hope all is going well.
Same here!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Just stopping by to say that I read your story and I am so glad that you are ok. I echo what icekid said, don''t worry about how residency programs and people around you perceive you. This experience will make you a better doctor. You are not the first person, nor will you be the last to be a patient in your own backyard. Try to keep positive thoughts in your mind.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m sorry I haven''t been checking in as much. I think that I''m not *handling things that well* I know I should be relaxing and trying to get better, but I spend so much time awake, unable to think and worrying about everything. They had said I would be going home on the fifth, but the doctor said I couldn''t. They said perhaps later this week (the plan was January 5th before Christmas....so we''ll have to see). My parents said the university started calling and asking about when I was planining on taking such and such exam, such and such rotation. I am scared because they want to fix dates down, and I don`t know when the hospital will let me go home.

Still no news about my school exams, and still no residency school interviews. A lot of schools just DON''T send you a rejection letter, so it''s quite possible that all of my friends have invites, and I am just waiting although I`ve already been rejected. I''m kind of hiding from my friends, I don`t answer the phone or email messages because I am discouraged about the situation.

And as blondebunny said, when it rains, it pours. FIL went in for blood tests on friday and white blood cells were quite high (i.e he seems to have stopped responding to the meds), and he''d had shorteness of breath for a few days, and they drained 3 Liters of fluid from his lungs, had it analyzed and found abondante cancer cells.

I keep telling myself that things can only get better. They WILL get better, because life can`t always stay in a down period.

Thank you for all of the thoughts, and positive messages. I don`t know how I would get through this without having a reason to smile during the day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you Ally, things WILL get better!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say, Ally, good things happen to good people and you're a good person. Hang on in there, things WILL get better.

I'll keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

BIG HUGS!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sending you hugs! Hang in there, it will all get better soon!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Its nice to hear from you Ally.
You are in good hands now so let the doctors decide.
As for the rest it all can wait.Even if you take one year off if you have to things will work out.
As you said:
"I keep telling myself that things can only get better. They WILL get better, because life can`t always stay in a down period."
That is correct it will all go better with time.
Wishing you speedy recovery.I am sorry about your FIL and it all happening at the same time.That is a bummer.
I hope he recovers fast.YOU just need to stay positive and you can''t rush things.They will get better.

Like someone once said " Why torture yourself , life will do it to you"
Stay focused on getting better, as this is of most importance right now.
Stop by from time to time if you can and keep us updated ok.
Sending you lots of hugs keep getting better and better Ally.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Things WILL get better Ally - we''re all pulling for you here, and that positive energy has to add up to something soon.

Fingers and toes and paws are all crossed extra-hard in my house for you and your FIL - I''m sure that things will work out, even if its hard to see how right now.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ally -

I just read through this thread and I am just blown away by the strength you have shown - your fiance too, he sounds like an amazing man.

Here is what I do know - 2 of my closest girlfriends work at a hospital - one in the ICU and the other in the ER. They have always said that patients under stress or duress are the ones the least likely to make a successful recovery. I know this is 10 million times easier said than done, but I''m going to speak to you like a "dutch uncle" (what does that even mean, LOL?! My dad always said that though when he was about to talk to me really straight, so the phrase has always stuck with me!). You were dealt a really lousy hand of cards on December 11th. But life is the dealer, not you, so the best you, me, and anyone can do, is play out that hand to the best of our abilities. Know what I mean? You did have plans, but your road took a bit of a detour.

Life is long and strange, but if you don''t let yourself play out this hand, make the best recovery possible, you''ll never find out if that detour is really the most beautiful route you could have possibly traveled that you never even knew existed :) You can''t rewind time and make all this never have happened - that''s just not possible. Please be able to forgive yourself, forgive life, open yourself to support from friends and family - you need that positive energy right now to heal and get better. Honestly, who CARES if you were rejected and just haven''t gotten a letter (I know, I know, but bear with me for a second!) - you are ALIVE!!! You survived a terrible accident that might have just as easily extinguished your amazing & unique soul from the earth! THAT is a miracle and blessing, my dear. Like I said, you were given a bunch of crummy cards that night back in December. But that''s just what happened, so now you need to make the best of it. But before you can get to ANY of that, girl, you have got to heal and get yourself out of the hospital, be damned with everything else!
37.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I''m so sorry you''re feeling so much strain from all of this. You know very well that the best thing you can do for you, and in turn everyone else, is to rest and heal. It''s hard, it sucks, and it just sorta is. Lots of good thoughts continuing to be sent your way.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Chin up, Ally! You''re very much in our thoughts.....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ally
I haven''t read through all of this, but I wanted to let you know that it WILL get better, and you''ll pull through. I''m keeping you in my thoughts. Feel better girl!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally hon, I''m so sorry for what happened and SO GLAD you are still with us and on the mend. Please, pet, be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to heal. Let others take care of you for a bit. You need to store up all that amazing strength cos you''ll need every ounce of it when it comes time to go home and get back into the swing of things.

I can''t believe how inflexible your university are being, will they not let you defer the exams / rotations for a couple of months? I''m angry at them on your behalf!

Sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts for both you and your FIL Ally. Take care.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 6:58:06 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hugs to you Ally, things WILL get better!!!
Yes they will. Keep the faith Ally. We are all thinking of you and praying for you. Big HUGS!!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh ally... I can surely understand how overwhelming everything must seem right now. I''m a little confused about why your school isn''t being more accomodating, but I''m sure it will work out fine. Hang in there sweetie; it will get better! Thinking of you..

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally..I am sorry you''re still not getting good news.
8.gif
Things will work out for you, and I know you know that from your post. Please don''t hide from your friends, I am sure they could provide you comfort and support. I am sending prayers and thoughts your way for a speedier recovery (no more delays please!
1.gif
). Please try to stay positive and not worry about your FIL at least some of the time if that makes sense (which this is hard for me to say because I am sitting here worrying about my own issues right now of course, haha..but even I know it is for the best to take a worrying break sometimes).

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I''m going home in a few minutes!!! The doctor is releasing me tonight. I''m so happy! I already have all my stuff packed up. The next time I post, I will be home. And I will finally see my cats
36.gif

Thank you all for the continuous support. I might be hiding from my friends, but not virtual ones from PS.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:25:05 PM
Author: allycat0303
Hey everyone,

I''m going home in a few minutes!!! The doctor is releasing me tonight. I''m so happy! I already have all my stuff packed up. The next time I post, I will be home. And I will finally see my cats
36.gif

Thank you all for the continuous support. I might be hiding from my friends, but not virtual ones from PS.
YES!!! awesome news!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wonderful!! wonderful!! wonderful!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

thanks for the update!

[and sending continued dust + positive thoughts for your FIL and school]

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for going home Ally, I am so happy for you!!!! To be home in your own bed, and with your kitties, sounds like bliss to me.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So thrilled for you and HG and your families!!

Now Miss Ally, here''s the thing: Once you''re home and in your element with your honey and your cats (and your computer), you need to really leave yourself alone. Do your best to not add to your existing stress and worry about school, residency, etc. You are alive and have love and support, and that''s what matters....the rest of it is all going to even out the way it''s supposed to. So take serious time for yourself--breathe, rest, meditate, read, nap, etc--and let yourself heal. This is a HUGE life event and you can''t possibly get right back into where you were before, at least not immediately.

Hang in there, honey, and I''m thrilled you''re going HOME!!
xoxo
BR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results