shape
carat
color
clarity

About to purchase WF ACA studs...need some input :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's a good decision to go with the 7mm ones. You are upgrading color and size, so they should look great! I think the 6 prong setting is very pretty! Those should work with the jumbo backs which will keep them from tilting downward.
I emailed Becca to tell her I'm going with the 7mm stones with the 6 prong martinis and jumbo backs...it takes 12 days to finish them...I'm going to have to distract myself for 12 days lol. I'll post pics when they arrive!!
Thanks again for all the help!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you have chosen well! You don't have big earlobes so these are probably going to max things out for you. I like the six prongs better too and the two stones are so well matched and clean.

Can't wait to see them finished and who knows? They might be done before 12 days!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you have chosen well! You don't have big earlobes so these are probably going to max things out for you. I like the six prongs better too and the two stones are so well matched and clean.

Can't wait to see them finished and who knows? They might be done before 12 days!!

I am hoping they are done sooner!!! Thanks again for all the help and input!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Random question, is there a PS yearly SoCal get together? I thought I had heard of one in LA at some point but can't remember. That would be so fun to get a bunch of sparkly sisters together and so fun to see all the jewels irl :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope has said there would be other get togethers and that they were looking at California and NY for possible sites. I attended the one in Houston at Whiteflash this past spring. What a wonderful time - if you ever get the chance to meet up with PS members either in a PS organized group or just as a casual get together of a few folks - go! So much fun and fellowship with diamond lovers!

You can always make a post in Hangout asking if anyone in your area wants to get together for lunch, go to some jewelry stores, whatever. I think there are several members in SoCal.

Here is the thread from the last get together announcement:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-next-pricescope-gtg.239065/

Here is the thread where I met so many wonderful PSers and upgraded my diamond this spring:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gtg-created-the-perfect-diamond-storm.241250/

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pricescope has said there would be other get togethers and that they were looking at California and NY for possible sites. I attended the one in Houston at Whiteflash this past spring. What a wonderful time - if you ever get the chance to meet up with PS members either in a PS organized group or just as a casual get together of a few folks - go! So much fun and fellowship with diamond lovers!

You can always make a post in Hangout asking if anyone in your area wants to get together for lunch, go to some jewelry stores, whatever. I think there are several members in SoCal.

Here is the thread from the last get together announcement:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-next-pricescope-gtg.239065/

Here is the thread where I met so many wonderful PSers and upgraded my diamond this spring:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gtg-created-the-perfect-diamond-storm.241250/
Oh how fun thank you!!! Yes it sounds so fun. I agree it's so great to have fellowship with others who have the same hobby and love for jewels, especially because it's a rare thing. I hope there is a big SoCal gathering some time this year! With my little ones, I can't leave them to travel far, but I can drive lol. I remember seeing that thread for the GTG in Texas, and wished I could go, but that won't happen till my kiddos are older lol :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't know. There's a mindclean issue to me, and having larger and VS1-VS2 might still win for me. I just don't see you holding it up 6" in front of your eye, ever.

I think this is a good point. Will you ever really see them close up once they are on your ears? But I do understand the "mind clean" issue and you have to love them. I do like the 6 prong martini settings you've picked out.

ETA: Even though you have changed course a few times I have really enjoyed you taking us with you on this journey!! Good luck with the wait.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deb thanks for the reply!!!!I actually went a different direction since the beginning of this thread..it's definitely confusing since I changed my mind so many times lol...my last post has the latest :)

PS I have found jumbo backs incredibly helpful for preventing droopage. I also cant wear normal basket settings but need a slightly cupped earring setting so the earrings pop forward instead of following the slope of my nonexistent earlobe and pointing down...otherwise I couldn't wear larger than 5- 6mm stones lol...jumbo backs or even the plastic disc backs also give me more earlobe to work with, otherwise I have literally almost none and everything droops lol. the pics i posted are with jumbo backs and they make it "appear" as if I have normal size earlobes

Got it now! Thank you. You found a wonderful way to wear big stones. I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful earrings when they are finished!

Deb :wavey:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They just sent me pics...I've asked for front photos and side photos so I can see what the prongs look like more clearlt...it looks like they didn't do the slight claw prongs I had asked for. I even sent them a photo of M-2-B's studs to show them what I was hoping for. 6-Prong-Martini-Earrings-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_52843_42217_g.jpg 6-Prong-Martini-Earrings-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_52843_42217_a.jpg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the pic of M-2-B's that I had requested they make the prongs like.... M-2-B 6 prong setting.jpg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is the pic of M-2-B's that I had requested they make the prongs like.... M-2-B 6 prong setting.jpg
Tell them before they shipped it out !but I think the ones they did also beautiful !and maybe even little bit better than super Tiny claws cause they can catch hair. David Klass made mine and they are awesome but they are on the chunky side E219789D-BA65-4AFD-A247-366E9434BB11.jpeg AA52826C-A11E-461F-9B57-40CBA983AB65.jpeg B03413F1-77B6-4590-A012-55577E05FD2B.jpeg EB18EB92-42D1-45B3-96D0-99F38445110C.jpeg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh i love yours!!! they look amazing, Like Grace's clover setting but with those amazing claws!!! I actually like the size of your prongs a lot. .Oh and yes I did email about the prongs asking for pics before they mail to make sure the prongs are right. I had actually emailed last week to request claw progs before they even set them, but it seems my message didn't get passed on to the jeweler. I'm waiting for photos of the front before I request them to change. I may like the way they did them...who knows? I'll hopefully get pics today of the front view so I can decide

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh i love yours!!! they look amazing, Like Grace's clover setting but with those amazing claws!!!..Oh and yes I did email about the prongs. I emailed last week before they even set them, but it seems my message didn't get passed on to the jeweler. I'm waiting for photos of the front before I request them to change. I may like the way they did them...who knows? I'll hopefully get pics today of the front view so I can decide
Thank you !! Yes I was inspired by the clover setting and after seeing how much impact it does to the stones (increasing visual size ) I made something similar to my ring too !!!:razz:its like bezel setting without bezel with a chance to do not hide some stone in setting .

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you make a thread and post ear shots???!!! I love them :) I've always liked that clover setting as well and have thought about doing it

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love @Golden_bird's clover settings, as well!

Your new studs look gorgeous, @goldenfire! I would definitely have them fix the prongs if you did request that before they were set. Prongs are so tiny in person that it doesn't make that much visual difference, but I'd want what I requested.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Random question, is there a PS yearly SoCal get together? I thought I had heard of one in LA at some point but can't remember. That would be so fun to get a bunch of sparkly sisters together and so fun to see all the jewels irl :)
Goldenfire I am in LA too, we should definitely have one!

ETA: I just saw your new studs, they look amazing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful and white! I honestly think the prongs would be fine but if it is important to you, they need to make them the way you want them.

Can't wait to see them in your ears - exciting!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Goldenfire I am in LA too, we should definitely have one!

ETA: I just saw your new studs, they look amazing!
Yes for sure! Even if it's a small one. i am actually in the Temecula area, originally from San Diego, we moved out here for work a few years back. But I am driving distance from LA :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful and white! I honestly think the prongs would be fine but if it is important to you, they need to make them the way you want them.

What she said. ::)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I had them send pics of the front view & this is how they look. Even though they aren't the claws that i had asked for, I decided I might like them and wanted to try them first before changing because they are similar to the Costco setting that I liked. It's funny because in macro pics I love the way that the tiny claws look, but on the ears from a distance I actually really liked the slightly larger look that the costco setting gave the diamonds....so they are shipping today and I get them tmrw!!!! I think they are shipping upgraded because of the prong goof up so I can decide and get them rolling quickly. they are willing to change them ofcourse if I want :)

6-Prong-Martini-Earrings-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_52843_42217_top.jpg

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust me, all anybody's going to see is bling, bling, bling! :bigsmile: ;)) :love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an earshot of the Costco 6.5mm diamonds, the prongs look very similar to the way WhiteFlash did mine...i actually like the way the tiny little rounded prongs added some substance to the diamonds even though they aren't as nice as the claw look in macro pics. .cant wait to try them on. I pick them up tmrw!!!!!
Screenshot_20180815-232743.png

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did you make a thread and post ear shots???!!! I love them :) I've always liked that clover setting as well and have thought about doing it
Oh thank you ! When I was deciding,I couldntd find any ear shots to see how they are going to look in real life !but I took a chance bcs anyway I was doing custom setting and the price for regular 6 prongs claw was the same as for these little bit interesting :)) def do it ! It gives a big boost to diamond size !the stones are 0.49 and 0.45 ,with setting they look like 0.60-0.70 diamonds. I posted somewhere ear shots I guess in show me your stud earrings . But let me search my phone and maybe I find them :))))

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love @Golden_bird's clover settings, as well!

Your new studs look gorgeous, @goldenfire! I would definitely have them fix the prongs if you did request that before they were set. Prongs are so tiny in person that it doesn't make that much visual difference, but I'd want what I requested.
Thank you ladies @diamondseeker2006 and @goldenfire ! I will try to get some new pictures !! I wear them everyday since I got them , nice size and very comfortable

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes for sure! Even if it's a small one. i am actually in the Temecula area, originally from San Diego, we moved out here for work a few years back. But I am driving distance from LA :)

OMG I'm about 35-40 min from Temecula, and my DH and I met in San Diego :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you ! When I was deciding,I couldntd find any ear shots to see how they are going to look in real life !but I took a chance bcs anyway I was doing custom setting and the price for regular 6 prongs claw was the same as for these little bit interesting :)) def do it ! It gives a big boost to diamond size !the stones are 0.49 and 0.45 ,with setting they look like 0.60-0.70 diamonds. I posted somewhere ear shots I guess in show me your stud earrings . But let me search my phone and maybe I find them :))))

Make a thread about them with LOTS of pics, earshots and video!!!!...That's my vote anyhow. They are gorgeous

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trust me, all anybody's going to see is bling, bling, bling! :bigsmile: ;)) :love:
Hahaha...yes I imagine the focal point won't be..."hmm, your prongs aren't pointy enough"...lol I hope I love them! I pick them up some time tmrw before 3pm

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm in Temecula every couple of months (will be there in 3 weeks, in fact). My god son is at UCSD, so we normally drive to San Diego for the morning and lunch, then drop in to our favorite wineries (we're members at Leoness, Europa, Fazeli) on the way home. It's a wonderful day out. :))

Re your earrings - I think the prongs will be much smaller than the Costco ones. On earrings, I think the rounded prongs can be very flattering and discreet. I think your earrings are going to look great.

Can't wait to see your photos of them!

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm in Temecula every couple of months (will be there in 3 weeks, in fact). My god son is at UCSD, so we normally drive to San Diego for the morning and lunch, then drop in to our favorite wineries (we're members at Leoness, Europa, Fazeli) on the way home. It's a wonderful day out. :))

Re your earrings - I think the prongs will be much smaller than the Costco ones. On earrings, I think the rounded prongs can be very flattering and discreet. I think your earrings are going to look great.

Can't wait to see your photos of them!
What?!!!! My husband and I graduated from UCSD, I was in Muir and he was in Roosevelt. (I actually grew up about 8-10 minutes from UCSD- I love that area, then we moved to Poway when I was a freshman) My husband and I met and became best friends the first week of our freshman year at UCSD and the rest is history lol. We taught school for a few years after we graduated, then went up to LA for grad school, and when it came time to get a job 5 years later after degrees were done, we moved to this area. Let me tell you the hot inland weather took a while to get used to for this beach girl lol. We actually just bought a home in Menifee 2 yrs ago (20 min north of Temecula), I just say we live in Temecula because no one knows where Menifee is lol. My oldest son actually goes to Linfield school in Temecula, he is a sophomore and in football so we drive there a LOT now. I can't wait till he has his license so we can do a little less driving!...My in-laws go to the wineries all the time. They do jazz concerts a lot. Some day when we don't have 3 younger kids and constant homework, carpooling and sports, we will go to the wineries lol. Believe it or not I feel spoiled now because for the first time in almost 16 years, I don't have kids home from 9-2pm!!!! It feels like a vacation to actually have time to get something done or do something for myself without 3 little voices around all needing something...or needing me to referee in some fashion. I do my yoga and sauna almost daily now in a peaceful house and it has been like a staycation lol.

Re the earrings...I am looking forward to seeing the prongs. Even though I wanted the claw look, I may like this in person just as much, because of what you said, the little prongs are so discreet and I actually like how they cover so little of the face of the diamond, less than claw prongs would.... but if I don't like them, they can always be changed or if the settings aren't what I hoped I can always have DK make some perfect ones. I am mostly hoping I LOVE the diamonds. I know it sounds wierd but given that I love old cuts so much, I hope I love these as much. the first pair of WF J color stones just didn't do it for me (for some reason some (not all) old cuts in a GIA J can face up so much whiter to my eye...) On the ears I just adore the way rb's can be sooo sparkly in a way that old cuts don't seem to be able to do, which is why I've wanted the sparkliest rb's possible for my ears. So I hope I adore these! And I hope I can sleep!! hahah

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha...yes I imagine the focal point won't be..."hmm, your prongs aren't pointy enough"...lol I hope I love them! I pick them up some time tmrw before 3pm
;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results