shape
carat
color
clarity

About to purchase WF ACA studs...need some input :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alrighty, so I have a few questions as I will be purchasing asap...are there specific percentages to look for on the various measurements and should percentages be matched almost perfectly between two stones? I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about this before...but can't recall the advice given

I am not sure if J color will be white enough or if I need to go with I color..are there any threads with pics on this comparison?

Also, is it possible to get SI1 diamonds that will look as sparkly and clean to the eyes as VS stones? I usually always prefer VS stones, but I know sometimes there are gorgeous SI stones as well...curious on others input on these ACAs and the clarity

I think I want to try the 6k option first (J VS2 1.6ctw) to see if that would work for me before spending more. some of the 1.6ctw diamonds have measurements that are over 6mm and almost 6.1mm, and some have just under 6mm..like 5.98mm etc...i'd ideally like something that is closer to 6.1mm, I know it sounds silly but I can see the slight diameter differences and prefer my 6.15mm oec diamonds size over my 6mm ideal cut that I have in a pendant lol....is there any light performance disadvantage to having the .8ct diamond a little spreadier and over 6mm as opposed to right at or right below 6mm?

Also .... Becca had mentioned that many people can't even see the difference with J and I color stones..wondering if that would be true for for really eagle eyed people and what others experience has been on that? ..I was thinking of even getting one of the pairs that has both an I and a Jstones so I could see if I like one color better lol...since I haven't seen WF ACA stones I have no reference point as to if the super duper ideal cut really masks the color that much and if the J really looks that white.... I definitely can see color difference in a loose Brian Gavin signature diamond that I had in an AGS J (it was warmer than I expected-especially since I own some certed oecs that are GIA J color and faced up whiter than the J color BG stone I purchased and returned) ...honestly the warmth that I saw on the Brian GAvin Signature J diamond made me wonder if AGS is more lenient on color grades than GIA. Caysie told me that in her experience she has seen that AGS is more lenient on color than GIA sometimes by a full color grade and another jeweler mentioned the same thing to me when I asked and shared my experience. Of course others say thats not the case and that they should be exactly the same, I know Caysie said that was her experience and she prefers GIA because of it...

Thanks for any input on any of my questions

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you accidentally posted in SMTB instead of Rocky Talky, so you might want to click report concern and ask for it to be moved over there. :)

I answered a question you asked me on your old thread on RT. But I'll copy here, too!

Here's the link to my studs!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-whiteflash-acas-final-studs-upgrade.232454/

Here are some pairs I suggest for you:

In J color, there aren't but 2 ACA stones around .80. I think the two .80 ACAs would be fine, but these are also a good match if you don't mind mixing one ACA with one ES.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3947674,4007477

Personally, I'd go for these I SI1's. They are a good match and only a little more than the J's.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3964543,3964545

If you want to increase the budget, there are many other choices in I color. I wouldn't get hung up on 6.0-6.1mm. It's more important to get a well matched pair, and most of WF's stones will be about 6mm at .80.

I would never combine two different colors. That would make me totally nuts! Much better to mix SI1 and VS2 or VS2 and VS1 to get a match. No one can see that, but color difference is more likely to be seen. I ordered I-J AVRs once, and the color difference was easy to see. There's really no reason to combine colors with the selection WF has, anyway.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
hey goldenfire!!! I have been meaning to share my studs and summer has just been in full swing ...

My personal thought is if I were going the ACA route is I would go to SI if it made sense for my budget and not worry about it but I’d try to stick with ‘I’ color if I could. But. In the end, it will be nuance. J’s Will still be white sparkle babies and just be ever so slightly more subdued than ‘I’. Nuance. I would not turn up my nose at J ACA’s! Just saying I would chose I color SI over J VS if those were my options.

I got the 80 pointer AGS K avr’s. One is VS and one is SI but I can’t tell them apart. And that is with the larger facets which IMO do not hide clarity issues as well as the sparkle bomb arrows of an ideal cut MRB.

Also even in MRB I like the smaller tables, fatter arrows.

The K’s are K’s. In MRB I would want ‘I’ just because they are brighter and pop more. My K’s are subdued compared to H/I MRB studs. I like that and they go well with my L solitaire.

I will post a couple pics in the studs thread quick.

So excited for you!!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can ask WF to send you a photo of the "I" colored stones next to the "J" colored stones you are interested in. To be honest, if there is a nice size
difference I would go with the Js. If the size difference is small, I would stick with the "I"s. I would definitely drop down to eye-clean SI1s for earings.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for earrings, my priorities are cut and size. For that reason I went with 1.33ctw J/VS2 ACAs. Since I'm obsessed with yellow gold right now, I went with an 8-prong YG setting. I can't tell they are Js. All I see when I look in the mirror is a discoball of sparkle.

WFearrings4.jpg WFearrings3.jpg WFearrings12.jpg WFearrings5.jpg WFearrings1.jpg WFearrings2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go for any eye clean SI1 and J color, most bang for your buck. I own ACA's, and you can't lose with that cut and color. :love: :wink2:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone!!! I am going to go and re-read all your advice and suggestions when I have more time today, but wanted to say thank so much for the replies and help so far!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you accidentally posted in SMTB instead of Rocky Talky, so you might want to click report concern and ask for it to be moved over there. :)

I answered a question you asked me on your old thread on RT. But I'll copy here, too!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-whiteflash-acas-final-studs-upgrade.232454/

In J color, there aren't but 2 ACA stones around .80. I think the two .80 ACAs would be fine, but these are also a good match if you don't mind mixing one ACA with one ES.

Personally, I'd go for these I SI1's. They are a good match and only a little more than the J's.

If you want to increase the budget, there are many other choices in I color. I wouldn't get hung up on 6.0-6.1mm. It's more important to get a well matched pair, and most of WF's stones will be about 6mm at .80.

I would never combine two different colors. That would make me totally nuts! Much better to mix SI1 and VS2 or VS2 and VS1 to get a match. No one can see that, but color difference is more likely to be seen. I ordered I-J AVRs once, and the color difference was easy to see. There's really no reason to combine colors with the selection WF has, anyway.

Becca is going to pull those I SI1's and get me pics and tell me what she thinks tomorrow when they are back in office :) I also asked her to pull the one J colored pair...but as long as those SI1's are eye clean and the sparkle and brilliance is as nice as a VS stone just to the eyeballs, then I'd prefer that pair and it's a good price point! A good savings compared to the other stones available...Now all I have to do is wait!! Ahhhhh

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is also a really good price for a 1 carat if I went that route.....any thoughts on this stone? I asked Becca to bring that one in and get pics as well :) Unfortunately there isn't a match at close to that price point but maybe one will show up soon
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3646312.htm

That stone is priced that way due to the clarity not being 100% eyeclean. I'd ask more about that, but it all depends on how you feel about it. So there won't likely be one priced like that one unless another one that isn't perfectly eyeclean comes along.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will also be looking at these 3 1 carat stones...any opinions on those? I want the $5500 one (first link that was in my last post) bc it's such a great price point..can't find anything in same price point but there are 2 options I found and I'll get pics tmrw:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3646312.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3970280.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4007476.htm

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That stone is priced that way due to the clarity not being 100% eyeclean. I'd ask more about that, but it all depends on how you feel about it. So there won't likely be one priced like that one unless another one that isn't perfectly eyeclean comes along.
Oh my goodness..I didn't even see that!!!! Thank you! yikes!

dumbo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think the J color studs will be superb. We originally ordered J color studs for my wife from WF, but sent them back as a set of .6CTW became available for about the same price from BGD in M color. My wife couldn't see the difference in color on her, but certainly noticed the increase in size. She gets compliments nearly every day on them. As a bonus, they match her pendant, as I believe all were cut from the same rough. The J's were very nice however. You can't go wrong there. It is too bad WF doesn't offer L/M/N cuts, as there is a ton of value to be had and you can't argue with the brilliance to price ratio. Also, slightly warmish looks great on a lot of people! My wife is olive-skinned and they are a great match.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DS I decided to go up to the 1ct size and am trying J color first bc it's within budget for me right now in this size. (The I SI stones were not eyeclean) You were so helpful with pointing out things I had missed before, I'm wondering if you might be able to have a glance at these 3 diamonds...I would prefer the lower price point of the 2 least expensive if there is no compromise on the performance of the SI1..but if it performs any less beautifully than the pricier VS stone then I'd rather not go for the SI1. Becca said that the SI1 performed like a VS stone and was a great option and totally eye clean but I had not asked her to grab the pricier VS stone at that point for comparison.

I'd love anyone's input on these 3 options as well :) I'll be going forward on Monday!

$6141 1.154ct 6.72x6.75 J VS2 55.9% table
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986339.htm

$6129 1.163 J SI1 6.73x6.74mm 56.8% table
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3956072.htm

$6488 1.151 J VS2 6.73x6.76mm table 56.1%

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3737622.htm

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness..I didn't even see that!!!! Thank you! yikes!
Thank you again for pointing this out...this was not eye clean at all and not a good option. I need more than eye clean too because my eagle eyes see stuff in stones way too well..it's annoying lol

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you again for pointing this out...this was not eye clean at all and not a good option. I need more than eye clean too because my eagle eyes see stuff in stones way too well..it's annoying lol

Does WF list whether a stone is eye clean or not? Or is this something to inquire about, especially with SI clarity?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does WF list whether a stone is eye clean or not? Or is this something to inquire about, especially with SI clarity?
They do list whether it is eyeclean, BUT on one of the I SI stones that were listed as eyeclean, Becca from WF told me it wasn't eye clean when she went to go and look at it in person.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS I decided to go up to the 1ct size and am trying J color first bc it's within budget for me right now in this size. (The I SI stones were not eyeclean) You were so helpful with pointing out things I had missed before, I'm wondering if you might be able to have a glance at these 3 diamonds...I would prefer the lower price point of the 2 least expensive if there is no compromise on the performance of the SI1..but if it performs any less beautifully than the pricier VS stone then I'd rather not go for the SI1. Becca said that the SI1 performed like a VS stone and was a great option and totally eye clean but I had not asked her to grab the pricier VS stone at that point for comparison.

I'd love anyone's input on these 3 options as well :) I'll be going forward on Monday!

$6141 1.154ct 6.72x6.75 J VS2 55.9% table
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986339.htm

$6129 1.163 J SI1 6.73x6.74mm 56.8% table
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3956072.htm

$6488 1.151 J VS2 6.73x6.76mm table 56.1%

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3737622.htm

Awesome, these are a great size and the size I had before my current ones! I'd go with the two J VS2 stones. Tables are close, lower girdle facets close. diameters close, color/clarity the same.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awesome, these are a great size and the size I had before my current ones! I'd go with the two J VS2 stones. Tables are close, lower girdle facets close. diameters close, color/clarity the same.
Thanks for the feedback! I had decided the exact same thing last night as I looked over the videos and stats and really appreciate the confirmation. Very excited! Hope they are white enough for me! If they aren't ,I will take back a pair of Costco earrings I recently bought and go up to I color lol. I love the Costco dangles BUT these have been dream studs that have been on hold for years and it's worth it. Hopefully these stones work!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have many members here who love their J color diamonds for studs! I really think you'll like them, but you certainly can always upgrade color at any time, if you wish!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We have many members here who love their J color diamonds for studs! I really think you'll like them, but you certainly can always upgrade color at any time, if you wish!

The upgrade policy is so amazing! and so perfect for PSrs lol

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Hope I'm not too late to help!

I just upgraded my studs last year. I went with ACA J's to maximize size. Love them!! No regrets. I am fortunate enough to live close enough to visit Whiteflash. I played with their H's, I's, and J's. I couldn't see any color difference between the I's and J's.

Here are some of the J's against the I's. I can't remember if those are my actual stones. Would have to pull the certs to see.

Earrings no logo.jpeg

Here are my 3.6 ctw J ACA earrings set by Caysie. Love her settings!!!

WF ACA in CVB.jpeg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope I'm not too late to help!

I just upgraded my studs last year. I went with ACA J's to maximize size. Love them!! No regrets. I am fortunate enough to live close enough to visit Whiteflash. I played with their H's, I's, and J's. I couldn't see any color difference between the I's and J's.

Here are some of the J's against the I's. I can't remember if those are my actual stones. Would have to pull the certs to see.

Earrings no logo.jpeg

Here are my 3.6 ctw J ACA earrings set by Caysie. Love her settings!!!

WF ACA in CVB.jpeg
Oh wow Poshmommy thank you for this awesome post!!! these shots are gorgeous and I'm so happy to hear that you couldn't see a difference with J vs I. That is so helpful. Becca from WF said she could see a tiny bit of difference in the J stones vs I stones that were available in similar size, but that it was teeny tiny....I do love the 6.7mm size I can get for the price point in the J stones and i hope they are perfect! Thanks again for the awesome pics and info!!
Caysie did a fantastic job on your studs. They are amazing! Do you know about how much that earring setting runs for her frequent fliers/repeat customers? You are so lucky to live close to White flash! How fun!

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are the pics Becca sent me ...the Is are on the right...they have limited stock right now in the size I am looking at and these J VS2 stones are the best match and nicest options at 6.7mm, or 6.5mm for that matter....i hope they are in the whiter spectrum for J and close to I :) I vs J_2.jpg I vs J_1.jpg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
They will face up as white as those. I have a pair of 2 ctw studs that my husband bought uncertified from a high end jewelry store before he knew better. My appraiser says one is a G and one an H. My ACA J's blow them away! Mine are in Caysie's Abby setting in platinum. I really can't remember what she charged, but it was my first project with her. She seemed very reasonable to me.

I had such a hard time picking my stones too. Before I could take a trip down to Whiteflash so many were flying off the shelves! I would see a pair I liked and by the time I emailed my rep, one or both were gone! Was crazy. I am glad I went with the larger J's. The costco size looks great on you! I don't think you will regret the color sacrifice for the size at all.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They will face up as white as those. I have a pair of 2 ctw studs that my husband bought uncertified from a high end jewelry store before he knew better. My appraiser says one is a G and one an H. My ACA J's blow them away! Mine are in Caysie's Abby setting in platinum. I really can't remember what she charged, but it was my first project with her. She seemed very reasonable to me.

I had such a hard time picking my stones too. Before I could take a trip down to Whiteflash so many were flying off the shelves! I would see a pair I liked and by the time I emailed my rep, one or both were gone! Was crazy. I am glad I went with the larger J's. The costco size looks great on you! I don't think you will regret the color sacrifice for the size at all.
Oh wow I love hearing that the WF J's were so bright! Yay! I Actually like a little warmth. My current studs are ideal cut F stones and believe it or not they are a little whiter than I would prefer. Though the white is just gorgeous, somehow my eyes prefer a little more warmth.
Is there a thread link for your stud upgrade? I should be able to find it if I search..I'm gonna try :)

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see them in your ears! You were really able to maximize the size with the stones you have chosen. I bet they will be spectacular!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you've found a nice pair--can't wait to see the final results! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results