shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A new sun in orbit! 3.5 S-T SI1 old mine cut from Old World Diamonds

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I can't help but keep coming back to stare at this beauty. Mmmm so sunny and lush. The bezel work is perfect too.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! JOTW is such nice recognition.

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
DEC8C46E-5177-4253-8012-36305C9CDC73.jpeg

When your cat photobombs ring pics :lol:

I found a vintage milgrained edge 3mm band this past weekend when touring antique malls and pawn shops!

That band is so perfect!!
What is the width of the band on the old mine cut?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I have a fun update! I decide for my final reset to go with CvB - the Dahlia setting with a few small tweaks.

I’ve always loved it, anyone who knows me won’t be surprised that I went for a floral motif…

Asked for more of a “halo” to protect the girdle - like this, but with softer, non snaggy prongs
IMG_6518.jpeg

And a shank like this, half rounded and reverse tapered, but a chunkier 3mm at the widest!

IMG_6513.jpeg IMG_6512.jpeg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I have a fun update! I decide for my final reset to go with CvB - the Dahlia setting with a few small tweaks.

I’ve always loved it, anyone who knows me won’t be surprised that I went for a floral motif…

Asked for more of a “halo” to protect the girdle - like this, but with softer, non snaggy prongs
IMG_6518.jpeg

And a shank like this, half rounded and reverse tapered, but a chunkier 3mm at the widest!

IMG_6513.jpeg IMG_6512.jpeg

Oh this is going to be fabulous and will be the perfect home for your beautiful stone! Are you going with 2 tone like the pics? Platinum and 22k perhaps?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is going to be fabulous and will be the perfect home for your beautiful stone! Are you going with 2 tone like the pics? Platinum and 22k perhaps?

I actually decided to do all 18k yellow gold! Boooooring! :lol:

The stone just loves yellow tbh, I am toying with unplated white gold too though…I am a sucker for 2 tone. I’m open to thoughts!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Platinum is not the most flattering for this stone…

IMG_6538.jpeg

But here’s 14k white gold, it’s tempting! I’d prob go for 18k though, I just don’t have any handy

IMG_6534.jpeg

Loose in a silver toned holder
IMG_2253.jpeg

Oh you are right. Platinum is not the best match for her. She does look lovely dressed in all gold! So sunny. I have my M vintage asscher as a necklace in an unplated WG bezel with YG chain and really like the look but your stone really does seem to favor being enveloped in YG!

ETA: I love seeing pics of this ring! Show us more pics/videos before you send her off lol

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Platinum is not the most flattering for this stone…

IMG_6538.jpeg

But here’s 14k white gold, it’s tempting! I’d prob go for 18k though, I just don’t have any handy

IMG_6534.jpeg

Loose in a silver toned holder
IMG_2253.jpeg

100% with you on the 18kyg. My N stone will eventually be in 2 tone w/18kyg.
This setting is beautiful, but I love the tweaks you are making. Just heavenly!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh you are right. Platinum is not the best match for her. She does look lovely dressed in all gold! So sunny. I have my M vintage asscher as a necklace in an unplated WG bezel with YG chain and really like the look but your stone really does seem to favor being enveloped in YG!

ETA: I love seeing pics of this ring! Show us more pics/videos before you send her off lol

I love your 2 tone pendant! I didn’t realize it was white gold, I thought the bezel was platinum! I think M color is the perfect complement

And thank you for your compliment :mrgreen:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful setting @Cerulean - This is exciting, can't wait to see it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6891.jpeg IMG_6892.jpeg IMG_6893.jpeg IMG_6894.jpeg

Going to production! No CAD tweaks needed - Caysie nailed it!

@Cerulean I think I missed a step! So you are giving up the bezel for the Dahlia? Both gorgeous so no good or bad but the bezel was beautiful. . . onto fabulous I guess! Lol!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I think I missed a step! So you are giving up the bezel for the Dahlia? Both gorgeous so no good or bad but the bezel was beautiful. . . onto fabulous I guess! Lol!

I am giving up a bezel! I’m still keeping my old mount, but I had thought of it as “temporary “ from the start and wanted to see what a bezel was like. Although I loved the bezel, I’ve always loved the Dalia and wanted to give it a try. A bezel + dahlia just didn’t feel the same

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am giving up a bezel! I’m still keeping my old mount, but I had thought of it as “temporary “ from the start and wanted to see what a bezel was like. Although I loved the bezel, I’ve always loved the Dalia and wanted to give it a try. A bezel + dahlia just didn’t feel the same

Can't wait to see the new ring and am happy for you in getting exactly what you want! The bezel is beautiful but no doubt the Dahlia will be as well. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long to get the new ring!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
So excited to see this sunny lovely stone in the Dahlia. It’s going to be so pretty! ❤️

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I also want to note (it’s hard to tell in CADs) I asked Caysie to soften the prongs, so they are a bit tabby versus the characteristic talon claws.

Also, 8 prongs of course to protect the fragile girdle. Im hoping it’s enough but only time will tell!

Although I’m moving from a bezel, wearability & comfort is still a top priority!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Can't wait to see hand shots!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
She's done! So excitedddddd. Arrives Tuesday!

ce8a1bb1-9cc7-4f1e-80b4-aaa896d6a0a2.JPG

38060d98-8060-442d-a67c-af93c7f36b50.JPG

7caf06d4-1607-4011-b271-cc1c34ddda8c.JPG

3dd1021d-fb97-47a5-a75e-5c506d960b1c.JPG

Ahhhh I love the slightly modified prongs and I have always loved Dahlia’s gallery :kiss2: can’t wait to see some hand shots!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Coming in late to the pArty but wanted to hop and and say WOWZA!!! She is stunning! I’m on the hunt for a new OEC upgrade,
So have been obsessed with any and all OEC’s! Can’t wait for the hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results