shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A new sun in orbit! 3.5 S-T SI1 old mine cut from Old World Diamonds

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It's so perfect @Cerulean!! :love:

And it's such an achievement!! So many things had to go just right at so many steps. I think a large lower-colour antique is probably the hardest sort of diamond to look for!! :geek:

You had to manage your resale/upgrade timing and vendor, you had to find a new vendor, you had to find a sizable stone with exactly the colour that you wanted and with faceting that would shine in a bezel, you had to choose a mount design that was both practical and wearable for you...

Maybe this is the sort of ring that you can appreciate even more because it's an upgrade. Because you put years of time and effort into finding out what *you* like best... This ring is fruition. Maybe this is the sort of ring that really just can't happen without all of that self-discovery. I wonder.

I love it. You already know that but I'll say it again anyway :appl: :love: :bigsmile: :cool2: Your new ring is just so perfect for you and the picture of you smiling is still making me smile too ❤️

It still amazes me that I pulled it off, to be honest! Working with Adam made it possible, I’m so lucky that the chips fell into place.

And I think you hit the nail on the head - going through this process taught me so much. And I never in my wildest dreams would’ve imagined that I’d ever have a stone this size, or this color…and yet a stone so perfectly suited to me!

And your words mean so much. As much as I love this ring because it’s beautiful and ME it also represents a culmination of knowledge and friendship I’ve built on this forum! I wouldn’t have honed in on my preferences without it. What a delightful reminder to have gracing my finger everyday! I’m so lucky!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s so wonderful to see you discover your dream stone and the setting is just beautiful. The profile is gorgeous and I love a bezel! I totally agree that there is no substitute for going and seeing diamonds in real life. It really suits you perfectly.

Thank you so much! I’m a sucker for a bezel too. I think initially I assumed all engagement rings needed to have prongs - but there’s something so elegant and streamlined about a clean bezel. I also think bezels really suit antiques and can bring them to life, depending on the stone

And I know your dream ring is out there too, waiting to be worn!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh it’s amazing! Absolutely perfect diamond and setting. It looks beautiful on you, so pleased for you!

Thank you so much!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
HI:

Well, it's crazy beautiful! Large diamond!! Like carbs on your finger. I'm writing this as I eat poutine.

cheers--Sharon

Thank you! Haha love that analogy - and you’re a woman after my own heart! I just donned my new ring to a nearby pub to eat a plate of fries with my husband :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely glorious @Cerulean :kiss2: I saw a fantastic OMC when I went to OWD, and would’ve snapped it up if Bella hadn’t fallen in to my lap.

Wear it and enjoy!

And Bella is a knockout too. Sometimes, stones just speak to you, don’t they!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! love the stone and as I think i said in your searching for thread, love the detail on the shank. You ( and Adam) did great. Wear it in good health and happiness.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I can’t top what’s already been said, it’s to die for. Spectacular. And I know what you mean about OMCs being hard to photograph, so if it looks this good to us it’s gotta be amazing in person. You mentioned your hand size for perspective so I immediately pulled out my measuring tape to see what a honker this size would look like, because I gotta have goals, right? I have a pathetic 13 mm of real estate on my ring finger. This thing would swallow me whole, lol. (And I wouldn’t be mad!)

Ok, questions: How’s the weight of this on your hand compared to your other ring? Are you glad you went from prongs back to bezel?

Thank you. She is really gorgeous IRL! I need to beef up camera skills

And it sounds like you won’t have to go as big to get the same impact! Which is amazing! Haha. When I first started e ring shopping I assumed I’d need a gargantuan stone to even make it look proportionate - and look where I wound up! :lol:

So, I like both prongs and bezels. And I think I will always make the choice case by case depending on the stone. There was something about this stone that just whispered “put me in a bezel” - both practically to protect the girdle, but also bc I thought it might make the facets more contrasty. It also makes a stone this size easier to wear.

Strangely the weight isn’t as dramatically different as I would’ve thought and I’ll get used to it I’m sure. It definitely feels more top heavy for obvious reasons, but gold is so much lighter than platinum that it’s not ridiculously heavy. I also expected lots of spinning and haven’t had much. It flops to the side but I like that look. I’ll see when I have a wedding band, I think that’s where the biggest difference will be feeling-wise bc of how big of a gap it’ll have

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
such an exquisite ring, perfect sunny stone with perfect shade of gold :) wear in good health

Sunny stone is the perfect description! Appreciate it

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! love the stone and as I think i said in your searching for thread, love the detail on the shank. You ( and Adam) did great. Wear it in good health and happiness.

Thank you very much. The moment I saw that design I knew I had to have it! They work together so well. Adam nailed it!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party, but wow! Wow! Wow!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeee!!! That video... the ring is poetry in motion on your hand. It's gorgeous and perfectly suited in all ways!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!!!!! It is perfect on your finger. Those old cuts, they get you every time!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Photos and videos
Finally, what we are all really here for!!! I also need to emphasize for scale - I have HUGE hands and long fingers. Bigger than most men! I can hold a basketball upside down! So hope that helps for scale

• Size 8.25
  • 18k yellow gold
  • 3.5 carats, si1, S-T
  • Loose: 9.16 x 8.85 x 6.12mm
  • w/ Bezel: 10.7 x 10.4 x 7.2mm
  • Shank: 2.5 wide x 2mm tall

IMG-3005.jpg

IMG-2963.jpg

IMG-2983.jpg

IMG-2899.jpg

IMG-2904.jpg

IMG-2975.jpg

IMG-2949.jpg

IMG-2974.jpg

IMG-2959.jpg

IMG-2995.jpg

This is one spectacular stone and ring @Cerulean!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
AMAZING! I can feel your excitement through the screen and it's infectious! I feel so happy for you in only a way that a PS diamond community can.

Enjoy her! I know you will. It's so fun that it can show such different colors depending on the light. I know you'll be staring at your hand for many years to come :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9FEAE440-54EE-4E46-92F3-66D0C6A88292.jpeg 5B73F737-AE0F-4130-9D23-EF91F4D54BA0.jpeg

Don’t mind me while I spam!

I'm loving this ring with the different widths of plain gold band :cool2:

It's such a luxurious combination!! I think the plain bands really elevate the pairing. And I love when band and shank don't match exactly in width - something about that mismatch feels very intentional, it *gets* me every time :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, your new diamond ring is dreamy! Lush and sensual with such personality too. And I love seeing your big smile -- you are beaming ear to ear wearing this ring! Congrats on finding your HG at the end of your long journey. Keep the photos coming, we're loving them!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This pairing with a simple YG band is sublime. Just wondering what the width of the band is?

This band is 2mm! It’s quite thin (as in the bright of the band) so it’s only temp- will be trying on more bands for sure

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, your new diamond ring is dreamy! Lush and sensual with such personality too. And I love seeing your big smile -- you are beaming ear to ear wearing this ring! Congrats on finding your HG at the end of your long journey. Keep the photos coming, we're loving them!

Thank you so much. I’m elated and am so glad I waited to see things IRL. And I’m happy to spam :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry this is rather tardy :shifty:

Wow oh wow, that is one stunning creation, I love the stars on the band and that sunny joyful diamond. It’s just an amazing creation and I hope it brings you many years of happiness.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Absolute perfection! It’s so beautiful on your hand! Congrats!! :appl:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9FEAE440-54EE-4E46-92F3-66D0C6A88292.jpeg 5B73F737-AE0F-4130-9D23-EF91F4D54BA0.jpeg

Don’t mind me while I spam!
Absolutely splendid. Am I seeing little tiny diamonds set into the shank as part of the engraving pattern? This is an amazing, gorgeous ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results