shape
carat
color
clarity

A Little Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leonid: can you have the tab in the yellow box change color when someone is online?
That way I wouldnt have to click thru them to see if anyone is on.
It would also draw more people in because they could tell at a glance that someone was there.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 3:43:49 PM
Author: strmrdr
Leonid: can you have the tab in the yellow box change color when someone is online?
It would also draw more people in because they could tell at a glance that someone was there.

Gray people become green people

21.gif

GrayGreen.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 4:47:16 PM
Author: Pricescope

21.gif

I see that now dunno how I missed it.
Thank you! Just had a wonderful session with Wink and a bunch of PSers.
It was kicken!
Im betting his colored stone sales are going to skyrocket!
Way kewl he deserves it :}

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/9/2007 7:13:59 PM

Date: 1/9/2007 4:47:16 PM
Author: Pricescope

21.gif

I see that now dunno how I missed it.
Thank you! Just had a wonderful session with Wink and a bunch of PSers.
It was kicken!
Im betting his colored stone sales are going to skyrocket!
Way kewl he deserves it :}
Thanks Storm.

From the time when Leonid first told me about this new system I have been incredilby excited about it. It has the potential to be an incredible boon to us retailers as well as to you information hounds.

It is my belief, and Leonid''s, that givers gain. I will give of my time and knowledge, as do all of the vendors here, and you will gain from our knowledge and when the time is correct for each of you, you will reward us with your business.

While Leonid is VERY careful not to allow any of us to gain unfair advantage by advertising in any way in the content portion of the forum (correctly in my opinion) he is actually wanting us to use these sessions to educate and to sell. That is why he has been so kind as to provide us with private one to one sessions, so that we can conduct business with no one else watching. I am actually leaving to go to the camera store now, I need to get a camera that will allow me to better show diamonds and gems on the window for when you have questions about how does a stone really look.

I think it an incredible addition to the Pricescope board. You will only choose to have a private session with me if I have earned that right through providing non sales content on the boards, but when you actually get to see me "face to face" as it were in this new system, you can get to know me better and be more comfortable doing business with me also.

I really see this as the next step in internet marketing, as this whole static photo thing is combersome and unsatisfying. It still will not rivel holding the gem in your hand, but it will be much better than what we are able to do now, especially since you can ask me on the phore to show you this angle or that while looking at the stone on the screen in front of you.

Man, I REALLY like this place!

Wink

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
also - is it possible to have the flash bar toggle open/closed like the pictures gallery bar on the right - some ppl may not care to use the feature and I, for one, do not have flash installed on my firefox browser (on purpose) so I will not be interested in checking the webtalks at all times?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 10:17:54 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
While I am still struggling with some hardware-problems, I hope to have them solved soon, in order to start using this tool.

However, the time-difference with Europe bothers me in the sense, that I need to do this from home in the evening, if I want to do it at a US-friendly hour. Unfortunately, my schedule for the remaining evenings of this week is rather full.
Not sure how the time zones work & all...but if I can do a small plug for the late nite hours...as for example now...I read there''s over 1100 lurkers on board right now. Not sure how that fares entirely compared to other times, but it is a lot, right? Also, like others here, I can''t tune up the volume at all during the day, but can, now.

Just a thought...

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t popped in in a while and I was wondering what ''nid had up his sleeve.

Very cool idea. I hope it''s a big winner for all.

R/A

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/9/2007 7:41:54 PM
Author: Wink

While Leonid is VERY careful not to allow any of us to gain unfair advantage by advertising in any way in the content portion of the forum (correctly in my opinion) he is actually wanting us to use these sessions to educate and to sell. That is why he has been so kind as to provide us with private one to one sessions, so that we can conduct business with no one else watching. I am actually leaving to go to the camera store now, I need to get a camera that will allow me to better show diamonds and gems on the window for when you have questions about how does a stone really look.

I agree Wink - that is the real power

I really see this as the next step in internet marketing, as this whole static photo thing is combersome and unsatisfying. It still will not rivel holding the gem in your hand, but it will be much better than what we are able to do now, especially since you can ask me on the phore to show you this angle or that while looking at the stone on the screen in front of you.

Man, I REALLY like this place! And we like you too
36.gif

Wink

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody for kind words and great ideas and suggestions. Few things I''d like to point out...
  1. This is just the first version (consider it beta) to test and prove of the concept.
  2. We will consider and most probably try to implement all your suggestions in the coming versions. Some improvements and enhancement will follow soon
  3. We are also looking into the way how to give other expert access to the system but it will require our time for:
    • setting and configuring accounts
    • some paperwork
    • training of the presenters
    therefore it cannot be done immediately for everybody
  4. The system can be used for both public and private sessions.
    • Public sessions are intended for seminars, presentations and Q&A, etc.
    • Private sessions - to help both consumers and vendors (or other expert) to overcome at least partially limitations of the internet communications. E.g. now buyers will be able to see the vendors, request to show gemstones and/or jewelry, use other interactive features. (For private sessions, one doesn''t have to be a forum member)
Other than that, we are euphoric to see your warm reaction on this weird fantasy of ours. With this encouragement, I''m going to to a bit more coding (after all I''m just a computer geek
19.gif
37.gif
).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Guys, the idea to record sessions is great, don't get me wrong.....but it doesn't allow one to be a participant in that way.

That's why I'm suggesting a few staggered times......might give everyone a chance to participate and get in on the action.

Maybe one week or two sessions a week could go for 8-9 PM est....perhaps another week they'd run later for the left coast crowd, etc. In that way, people could watch recorded sessions when aren't able to participate, but there are times when they would be able to participate and don't get left out of the fun.
9.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hey Alj, would you like to see an informal ''concierge'' session occur on evening/weekend - or just the past formal presentations - or either?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second and third the suggestion on getting some later sessions going. I know most of the presenters are EST but I don't even get home til 6 or 7 PST (10 EST) most nights...and I can't 'participate' at work even though I can view and type but not listen which is really not that much fun. There are a lot of MST and PST'ers on here as well.

If not an evening thing...then I would say definitely at least one thing on the weekend, maybe a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday evening. In terms of what to show...I don't really care as I find it all pretty interesting, from just seeing informal slideshows to what is going on in the office there, or what is being worked on, or what is in the vault...to the 'here's how XYZ works'. It's all pretty fun.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mara - its all very exciting and I will watch anything!

I really enjoyed the quiz that John did yesterday. I had the lowest score but that didn''t bother me! I''m here to learn right? I would have gotten an even lower score if I hadn''t been lurking here for the past few weeks so at least I have learned something.
9.gif

The interaction between PS members is great fun too. I was giggling at Belle most of the time and came away from it in a great mood.

Thanks!

Maisie

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When John told me about the quiz I was in awe of his forethought to doing something like that. I bet he was one heck of a fine teacher in his earlier life.

I would be willing to do an occassional late evening show, but I would definitely want some questions from the audience in advance. I normally like to go home by seven in the evening and to do an 8:00 PM evening show for the left coasters I would need to be there at nine my time to start, which puts me home and in bed after 10, waaaa.

That is why I say occassional, not regular, as I know my wife would get regularly cranky if I came home that late every week...

Wink

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I enjoy computer conferencing--we all learn
34.gif
in dialogue with each other; so the concept of added value comes to mind........ Thanks!

cheers--Sharon

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey all,

Leo/Irina ... I managed to hop in a couple of sessions. One with Wink, one with John and breifly once with Garry and from what I gather this is really super. Huge kudo''s for the forward thinking and I really look forward to particpating and sharing. I''m brainstorming now for a series of programs which I think will be really fun for the participants. Please keep me posted on the progress and when I can join in on the festivities.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for offering wink. i know for me i would be happy to sit in on a once a week session or once every 2 weeks even, so maybe if we even got 2-3 presenters willing to do later times once a week, then you guys can trade off and would only have to do it once a month or something. or a weekend one, i still think would be awesome.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mara....

I just want to remind you....

I AM BATMAN!

lolol
11.gif
9.gif
3.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 1:33:18 PM
Author: Mara

thanks for offering wink. i know for me i would be happy to sit in on a once a week session or once every 2 weeks even, so maybe if we even got 2-3 presenters willing to do later times once a week, then you guys can trade off and would only have to do it once a month or something. or a weekend one, i still think would be awesome.
Wink and I spoke. We''re amenable to this. I''ll go live this evening at 9PM EST for anyone who''s had to miss checking the application it out because of work. See you then.
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:54:31 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Wink and I spoke. We''re amenable to this. I''ll go live this evening at 9PM EST for anyone who''s had to miss checking the application it out because of work. See you then.
35.gif
YAY - you guys are the best! TRULY.

Since I''ve been on PS, I''ve been amazed at the willingness of the experts and vendors here to stretch the norms as they try to respond to us and make things more workable for us.......and you guys do it again now.

Thanks so much.....to you guys and to all the activity behind the scenes (Leonid, Irina, Garry, et al) to make this happen! Thanks seems so inadequate a way to express how much I get from this community and the value I place on it......but know that it''s meant most sincerely!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 3:37:22 PM
Author: aljdewey
Mara....

I just want to remind you....

I AM BATMAN!

lolol
11.gif
9.gif
3.gif
JQ made this avatar for ME. Therefore *I* am Batman. Talk to the batsign.
11.gif

Awesome on having later sessions...I can't make tonite most likely because I won't get home til 7pm PST...but I will try to catch it when I get home!! If not, next time.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I thought Jonathan was Batman. He has the Batcar, right?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missed the Wink/Irina session.
7.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Julie we will do it again i have a ring to make too.
27.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aye Carumba! What is a poor old man to do.

I check into Pricescope to see what I can see, and there is this HUNK of a man posted beside John Quixote on the Whiteflash tab. Sigh, now I will never have any visitors, every one of the ladies will be stuck at WhiteFlash gazing longingly at this Leon guy.

It seems there may be a certain dissadvantage to having this visual communication available...

Wink

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
As if we would be so shallow!
31.gif
Well apart from Belle that is!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:31:04 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
As if we would be so shallow!
31.gif
Well apart from Belle that is!!
OH HO! Only been here a few weeks and already she's got Miss Scorpio's #. I knew I liked you Maisie...
11.gif
Lemon pie?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol! I am running scared - Belle is probably going to get me for saying that.

Lemon Pie - I am wracking my brain to remember a thread I was reading about that recently - it was really making me giggle!

Maisie

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bit busy just now, but I could do a 1-2-many and do some custom designing with you''all if you like,/

With 30 years experiance, and as a fast sketcher - we could do it pretty effectively and it could show the old fashioned pen and paper system :)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 8:15:38 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Bit busy just now, but I could do a 1-2-many and do some custom designing with you''all if you like,/

With 30 years experiance, and as a fast sketcher - we could do it pretty effectively and it could show the old fashioned pen and paper system :)
OOOOOOOOoooooooooo - awesome idea!

Count me in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results