shape
carat
color
clarity

A Little Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Great job, John. Thanks a lot for taking time preparing and delivering your presentation
36.gif
Also it was great to have quite a few other experts on board but it didn''t slow John down
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 3:31:30 PM
Author: Mara
it would be awesome if there is some way to incorporate a non voice aspect of it for those of us who want to check out a session at work.
you can get small earbud headphones - nobody will notice

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys - this is a lot of fun - very informative and awesome to have the chance to ask questions. I think a 15 minute presentation is best - they seem to take 30 minutes to get through with the questions haha, followed by UP TO a 30 min Q&A is great :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 4:24:55 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 1/8/2007 3:31:30 PM
Author: Mara
it would be awesome if there is some way to incorporate a non voice aspect of it for those of us who want to check out a session at work.
you can get small earbud headphones - nobody will notice
oh no. trust me..my boss will notice. she''s the type who when you get off the phone she asks ''who was that?''...even if it was a personal call!
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome presentation Wink.
You need to tape your office ASET presentation and post it in the video gallery it brings the points out better than slides.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 4:22:50 PM
Great job, John. Thanks a lot for taking time preparing and delivering your presentation
36.gif
Also it was great to have quite a few other experts on board but it didn''t slow John down
1.gif
Ditto!

This really IS such a cool thing!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WOW! That was fun! Thank you all for joining me. I have a client waiting, I will check in with you all later.

Wink

gemmy1

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 4:54:52 PM
Author: Wink
WOW! That was fun! Thank you all for joining me. I have a client waiting, I will check in with you all later.

Wink
Nice job Wink. I joined in at the end and did not see the entire presentation. But it looked pretty smooth to me. It cannot be easy to stay on agenda and monitor and respond to every comment and question thrown at you while at the same time using a whole new collection of presentation tools. Kudos!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/8/2007 3:17:45 PM

Date: 1/8/2007 2:57:29 PM
Author: syan
is there anyway we can turn of the dinging when a new chat is sent, because wearing headphones it becomes rather annoying. Thanks! :)

I shall turn the beeping off and you''ll be able turn it on later if you want... It''s all Garry''s fault
3.gif
He asked me to add this beeping yesterday
29.gif
I asked for it to be there for presenters as you have a lot to do and need to know when people are asking ?''s etc

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''d love to see a webinar about the idealscope and aset. I know there was one this afternoon but I missed it...an archived presentation would be great but I know you''re a bit busy getting this thing off the ground! If it''s offered again I would love to attend!!!!! =)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 5:20:38 PM
Author: IrishAngel
I''d love to see a webinar about the idealscope and aset. I know there was one this afternoon but I missed it...an archived presentation would be great but I know you''re a bit busy getting this thing off the ground! If it''s offered again I would love to attend!!!!! =)
shhhh bug John into doing it once or twice a month shhhhh

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
John should absolutely positively most definitely do the presentation again! Woohoo John!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
some other stuff id like to see...

Have Dave do a virtual appraisal where he walks us through it as if we were a client in his office.

Id like too see Dave do one on ethics in the industry. (talk about the varies groups, laws and practices that are out there as well as how a consumer can protect them self and what to do if they feel they have been riped off.)

Id like interviews with some of the staff not just the "names" at the varies offices.
For example an interview/presentation with Bob from WF would be of interest or Tim from GOG once they get set up, Chris from AGA and others.
I think it would be kewl to meet more of the people we hear a lot about but may not have had the opportunity to talk too.

gemmy1

Rough_Rock
It might be a good idea for presenters to break the presentations into sections and ask audience members to try to hold questions for the end of each section. As more people login to these sessions it could get daunting for the presenter to keep up with all the chat , stay focussed on the topic and keep to a reasonable timeline.

It would help the presenters manage the time that they freely give and it will help audience members who have limited time to attend. Of course you don''t want to remove the spontaneity and interactivity of the medium- that''s a huge part of the value. Maybe it''s just a matter of practicing good audience etiquett.

I''m sure that these issues will get worked out in short order. Bottom line, it really is an exciting new tool and a glimpse into the future.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Let''s not forget one of the most powerful parts of the software.

If you have a question for me, you can send me a message on it, even when I am not there by clicking on my picture and sending me a request for a session. I can then email you back or call if you leave me your number and we can do a one on one private session.

I can show you pictures, quote you prices, what ever. You can draw on the whiteboard in a private session so we can word together on a design and you can show me where you are talking about and what you are talking about.

Currently I am booking appointments in 15 minute increments if you have questions. I am sure that the other experts here will give you the same sort of consideration.

During that time I can speak with you on a phone line while we are both working on the computer, so there will be no problems with having to type everything and with the sound quality being iffy.

Wink

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I second whomever mentioned archiving the sessions. I missed most of Winks but was able to login at the end, but once it ended, I couldnt go back even to see the previous questions, any way to do this?

Plus, most of us do not have all day to sit around and surf PS, ya know!!
2.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a way to turn off the little "ding" every time someone types?
I love this whole new toy!
10.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, it was actually a lot of fun! I just won''t be able to do it during the workday, of course. And Wink reminded me that we need to work so we can keep them in business!
2.gif
It''s great technology, though!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I was doing an impromptu "turn on the camera and see who drops in" session and pretty soon they were all talking about quitting their day jobs to sit and play with John and I (who had dropped in also) so I said that was a bad idea as if they all quit no one would be able to buy and then John and I would have to quit our jobs too...

Wink

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to see some of these sessions scheduled outside the confines of the normal business day.

I''m fortunate in that I can often pop in here or there from my job while I''m on hold/trying to reach clients, but it''s not really possible for me to spend the hour listening to the webinar during hte business day.

Any chance of getting some of these at 7 or 8 pm est?

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
It would be *super* cool if the sessions were recorded so those of us who can''t see them live can catch then in our free time.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Irina and Leonid...I still can''t say enough great things about this awesome tool!!!

I just had the privilege of a 1-on-1 with John since I missed the reflectors presentation earlier...it was so helpful and I learned more in the past 35 minutes than I have in a long time. I also got to see Angela sporting her new ering. Such a wonderful couple those two are. =)

So, thank you so much John! It was so nice of you to take the time to explain everything to me. I finally know how an ASET works! Thanks again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is awsome. Many thanks to all involved. I''d love to see a discussion on cushion cuts, modern brilliant, etc... That would be great!!! TIA

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While I am still struggling with some hardware-problems, I hope to have them solved soon, in order to start using this tool.

However, the time-difference with Europe bothers me in the sense, that I need to do this from home in the evening, if I want to do it at a US-friendly hour. Unfortunately, my schedule for the remaining evenings of this week is rather full.

However, since I also have another social life outside of the PS-social-life, I see it as a problem to spend a lot of evenings on this.

If we can get our hardware-problems fixed, you can expect a first presentation from my side during the week-end. In this way, it is also available for many listeners, who now have difficulties to join us from work.

Looking forward to that.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
we want paul
we want paul
we want paul
9.gif

seriously though, i hope you get your issues resolved soon, i am really looking forward to more learning....whatever time it is!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
The live chats are such a great idea. I would love to see a session on inclusions...specifically those that may compromise the stability of the stone.

Is there a way to start a thread so that we can check the schedule of presenters?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I just did my 'casual concierge' session from noon-1 EST. After 10 minutes of watching a few lurkers watch me
3.gif
we had about 6 or 7 regulars sign in for a group conversation that touched on diamcalc and ETAS, princess configurations, setting styles, jewelry pieces with color and whether or not an orange citrine and peridot necklace would work as a belt.
2.gif

It's nice that the people in the room carry on discussion, allowing the presenter time to hunt down appropriate images. Thanks for the requests. Keep 'em coming. Wink will have a similar concierge session this afternoon.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 9:46:28 PM
Author: IrishAngel
Irina and Leonid...I still can''t say enough great things about this awesome tool!!!

I just had the privilege of a 1-on-1 with John since I missed the reflectors presentation earlier...it was so helpful and I learned more in the past 35 minutes than I have in a long time. I also got to see Angela sporting her new ering. Such a wonderful couple those two are. =)

So, thank you so much John! It was so nice of you to take the time to explain everything to me. I finally know how an ASET works! Thanks again!
IrishAngel - thanks for making time to meet. It was my pleasure. I like the interactivity of one-on-one. I think future use of that aspect will be powerful for design applications in particular.

Aljdewey, regarding re-doing a prepared presentation; maybe a weekend time could work? If we wait for PST evening the easties might be yawning. It''s possible that weekends would be friendlier to our other continental audiences as well (?)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe that soon Leonid will have the ability to record the sessions and then he will put them in a library where you can go to visit to browse at your convenience.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results