shape
carat
color
clarity

A Little Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 8:43:48 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 1/7/2007 8:40:07 PM
Author: IrishAngel
I''m thinking about a career change...I really need to get a day job where I can sit at a desk and listen all day...
don''t be silly :) Eventually we''ll be able to record presentations so you''ll check them out on-demand
...and I will be anxiously awaiting!
9.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Can I be the first one to post this...

after all...

Date: 1/7/2007 7:22:36 PM
we were designing this tool for many things which were unavailable before,
as for example, this application, I mentioned in my first post in this thread. Actually, for those with the right and simple set up, Pricescope certainly can partner very nicely with some long distance appraisals now, can''t they...

One step at a time, I''m sure. Congrats again on this successful launch!

Frankensteineroony.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pricescope,
I have to work next week so I will miss the live interaction, but a RECORDED version for later viewing would be great in addition to the live one. thank you!
You all are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ira, you got it
36.gif
What is the second key sentence?..

"It''s escaped."
32.gif
face3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 10:36:58 PM

Date: 1/7/2007 9:03:11 PM
Author: strmrdr
''John Pollard at 2pm''
Which time zone?
EST - gonna clarify it
Thank you :}

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool!!! Although it''s going to be increasingly difficult to get my work done during the day...given how much time I *already* spend here LOL!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Garry missed his calling he should be a school teacher!
12.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need to get rockdoc on there to show us his pet rock collection!
That would rock!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be brilliant guys! As the saying goes - GENIUS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 8:48:13 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 1/7/2007 8:38:44 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 1/7/2007 7:22:36 PM
Wink you were amazing, i call you our Energizer Bunny from now on.- Irina
9.gif

Thank you dear lady! And why are you not presenting to us on the ease and wonders of using photoshop? I have seen what you can do and I want some of the knowledge about it that you have!

Wink
Oh yes, that sounds like a great idea Wink!! Irina does wonders with photoshop, would love to see a session on that!!!
36.gif
Thank you for the compliments but incorporating Adobe into interactive tool is not technically possible at this time, plus using Adobe effectively is not a matter of learning it''s amazing features but mostly a lot of time-consuming practice.
This was a big part of why we made this interactive tool. You can do it yourself now without super skills in Photoshop. Connect to your vendor and upload picture of what you have in mind then a vendor gives up his control over the white board to you and you just draw whatever you need over the picture, type right there and listen to his response.

ToolUse.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Let's say your vendor said "no, pears would not go there, it's too small" or "i will look into my suppliers inventory of blue sapphires of this size".
Then you can erase (or not) what you had drawn and make another adjustment using very simple tools on the upper right part of a White Board.

Because of interactivity you and your vendor can re-adjust picture till you see the result you wanted.

ToolUse1.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know it is a hard topic Irina, I have been teaching myself photoshop for years, but I never put in the hard hours that you obviously have done. I have even attended Photoshop World twice, which I tremendously enjoyed.

Still it is a skill I would like to know better, but I would have to give up my day job to do it, and I am MUCH too spoiled to give up my day job, it is too much fun. Sigh, why can''t I have my cake and eat it too?

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pricescopers. WE NEED INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would you like one of us to discuss at length?

Give us topics that you want information on so that we may feed your desires better. You have the beginnings of a cadre of professionals and experts who want to give you substantive information that fills your needs.

The more concepts and requests you give us, the better we can satisfy you.

Wink

gemmy1

Rough_Rock
Leonid,
I just attended your demo. Although I had a little problem with the streaming, probably caused by a slower connection on my side, it was very exciting to see this technology that you have developed. It will clearly be extremely useful and valuable.

For internet merchants the great challenge is to make our offerings as close to a personal over-the-counter experience as possible. This tool is a huge step in that direction.

Congratulations-it''s brilliant!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 4:06:27 AM
Author: strmrdr
We need to get rockdoc on there to show us his pet rock collection!
That would rock!

Yeah might be fun......but being a compu-grape, I don''t know what I''d need to do it.

Would want to show things under the right lighing, microscope etc, and that isn''t close to where the computer is.

Rockdoc

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
RockDoc, you should be able to take a full advantage of it showing your pet-rock collection, microscopes, etc. for public sessions. All you need is a browser with flash and video camera(s) hooked to your computer via USB or Firewire.

I wonder whether this system can be also helpfull for appraisers and consumers in private (one-to-one) sessions.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:07:45 AM
RockDoc, you should be able to take a full advantage of it showing your pet-rock collection, microscopes, etc. for public sessions. All you need is a browser with flash and video camera(s) hooked to your computer via USB or Firewire.

I wonder whether this system can be also helpfull for appraisers and consumers in private (one-to-one) sessions.

Can you use more than one camera easily?

I have a microscope camera that would be separate from a camera that shows your face.

Rockdoc

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:17:11 AM
Author: RockDoc

Can you use more than one camera easily?

I have a microscope camera that would be separate from a camera that shows your face.

Rockdoc
You can use as many cameras as you can connect (via USB or Firewire) and switch between them easily. I just did a few demos this morning. Going to run now and back in a couple of hours. Join me on another live session...
emotion-15.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:05:15 AM
Author: Wink
Pricescopers. WE NEED INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would you like one of us to discuss at length?

Give us topics that you want information on so that we may feed your desires better. You have the beginnings of a cadre of professionals and experts who want to give you substantive information that fills your needs.

The more concepts and requests you give us, the better we can satisfy you.

Wink
Id like for you to do one on the advantages and disadvantages of concave faceting in gemstones featuring some of Homers work.

How to buy gemstones.

Basic gemstone education covering the varies common families with which are in each group and if they are suited for rings or not.
The most common 2 or 3 families should fill an hour.

Basic gemstone cut: varies types and styles, whats a window? whats zoning?

Id like to see Richard Sherwood do one on gemstone pricing and valuation.

The IS and ASET presentation is a great start on the diamond side.

I love to see Paul discuss the princess cut.

Leonid should do a life of a website owner/moderator/administrator presentation.
99.9% of PS''ers have no clue how much work he and Irina put into it.

Id like to see Jon do technology presentations talking about the varies tools he uses.

I caught a little bit of Garry talking about his take on shallow diamonds last night and more in depth presentation would be kewl.

Brian from WF discussing h&a - advantages and grading.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

This is an awesome tool.

Irina & Leonid, just FYI, in firefox and using resolution 1024 by 768, I can''t scroll down to see my message box to type msgs in. I can only just see the edge of the box so I can use my mouse to click on it, but I can''t see what I''m typing.

It will be good to be able to view sessions in an archive for those of us down under who will not always get a chance to participate in the live sessions!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 2:26:20 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Hello!

This is an awesome tool.

Irina & Leonid, just FYI, in firefox and using resolution 1024 by 768, I can''t scroll down to see my message box to type msgs in. I can only just see the edge of the box so I can use my mouse to click on it, but I can''t see what I''m typing.

It will be good to be able to view sessions in an archive for those of us down under who will not always get a chance to participate in the live sessions!
JadeLeaves, try to close some toolbars (bookmarks, or if you have some search bars...) or status bar. This will give you more room

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! The world of PS has changed!!
9.gif
Congrats on your hard work!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks :), now if you are going to make that ring you can work with your vendor thru white board to explain the details to him and have a dialog, not e-mail one-way/wait for response kind of communication.

reymyst

Rough_Rock
I couldn''t type anything, using Firefox on a Mac, everthying else seemed to work fine. Also is there anyway we can turn of the dinging when a new chat is sent, because wearing headphones it becomes rather annoying. Thanks! :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 2:57:29 PM
Author: syan
I couldn''t type anything, using Firefox on a Mac, everthying else seemed to work fine. Also is there anyway we can turn of the dinging when a new chat is sent, because wearing headphones it becomes rather annoying. Thanks! :)
How big is your screen Syan? Perhaps it will need some sizing down on my end.

I shall turn the beeping off and you''ll be able turn it on later if you want... It''s all Garry''s fault
3.gif
He asked me to add this beeping yesterday
29.gif

reymyst

Rough_Rock
i could see the text box which seemed to default to ''hello'' but i couldn''t edit it.... Great idea though definitley something that will bring me out of the shadows of lurkerdom :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it would be awesome if there is some way to incorporate a non voice aspect of it for those of us who want to check out a session at work. i can get headphones but it would also draw attention to me, lol. some sort of voice recognition software on the presenter''s end that then translates into another window for those of us who can''t hear to read what the presenter is saying would be awesome. of course it''s probably not easily possible and i don''t know who other than me (and a few others maybe) would want it but figured i''d throw it out there. i was able to sit in on JQ''s presentation today with just video and the chat and got 1/2 of what was being discussed, but it''s better than 0 !!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone who attended the first webinar. I'd like to thank the extremely smart consumers, appraisers, two top diamond cutters and even science pros who developed technologies I was talking about for joining. No pressure!
37.gif

Being in the presenter's chair reminds me of jazz improvisation: You know how it's going to start and end and you're following a planned outline...but you're reacting to the group in real-time which influences what you're saying, even as you're saying it. You have to stay on target while reading what people are text-typing: Use the force, Luke.

I look forward to seeing other presentations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results