shape
carat
color
clarity

A lifetime of upgrades or a Hermes Birkin?

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
I see it as a timing thing... why not Birkin NOW and upgrade LATER?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't give up my up-grades for any price handbag but it all depends what your priorities are I suppose. Good luck with your outcome ;))

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Elysian|1372550173|3474513 said:

From what I understood, the husband said that he would buy her the Birkin, which meant no future upgrades on the ring.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1372560295|3474587 said:

From what I understood, the husband said that he would buy her the Birkin, which meant no future upgrades on the ring.

Never say never... ;))

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
My husband didn't really want me to sell my old e-ring, but we did after he understood that I was not happy with my original e-ring. He still jokes that I hurt his feelings. I was stupid and didn't acknowledge all the efforts he put in. Your fiancé proposed with the diamond you have now, so I understand that he want you to keep it. However, buying a bag and upgrading your ring are totally different! You shouldn't have to choose between those two. You have to respect your fiancé's feelings, but you shouldn't be forced to choose between those two. I hope you have an honest talk with your fiancé without hurting his feelings.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
It was really interesting reading all of your responses! ::)

I like the answer of "a dream house" and "kids." Those would definitely be worth a lifetime of upgrades. :bigsmile:

I'm not exactly having buyer's remorse. The first engagement ring that I've ever worn was a 5ct RB diamond without a halo. I got used to seeing that size on my finger so now this ring looks quite small in comparison. Mine you, I would take my lovable man over that other ring any day, but this is just seeing things from my perspective. He knew that the 1.6ct diamond was too small for my taste, so initially my man agreed that I could upgrade it in the future. I've only had this ring for roughly a month or so, but I already see an attachment forming between it and my man; hence, I wanted to upgrade it quickly to a 2.5-3ct diamond with a halo. But it's too late, now he has develop an eternal bond with it and doesn't want me to ever alter the ring. :sick:

Our personality is completely different when it comes to material things. My man is sentimental, but likes variety. For example, he bought and paid off his new car last year, now he wants another sportier car in a different color. He's not going to trade in the old car so he'll have two. I'm the complete opposite. Objects don't hold meanings in and of themselves, but I'm so particular that I normally only own one quality item of most things and use it until it dies. My first paycheck ever about 10 years ago, I bought a pair of white Versace sunglasses, a little over $300. To date, it's still the only pair of sunglasses that I own. What my heart sings for is the ostrich leather Gris Tourterelle Birkin. It's possible for me to purchase it for myself in the future, but in theory it seems unethical. I feel guilty about carrying a purse could've bought year's supply of food and medicine for children in underprivileged areas. I've personally worked with Bridging the Gaps and have seen these children first hand. It's a double edged sword way of thinking. You can't fully enjoy anything in life because there will always be someone somewhere who is suffering. I donate time, money, clothes, my own hair, and run drives for the local blood bank but all of it still doesn't neutralize the guilt of owning this bag. I tell myself all sorts of things, like the leather is too heavy. You can't wear it on your shoulder. It's not very functional. But for over 6 years now, I can't help but continue to admire it from afar. On our last trip to Vegas, my man wouldn't even let me step foot in the Hermes shop. His moto is "Any bag worth that much should be able to take a bullet for you. If it can't do that, it ain't worth it!" :praise:

It's funny, but I get the same guilt trip for wearing diamonds. I've had people in real life who've came up to me and said, "Do you know that you're wearing a child's blood?" :knockout: As is, I love my man too much to upgrade the diamond, don't want to settle for the togo leather Birkin, and I'm too guilt ridden to get my dream ostrich bag. :nono: Oh well. Once I have kids, it'll be like...What bag? You mean the diaper bag? :lol:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most expensive handbag was $99.99 at TJMaxx and was a gift from my mother this last Christmas. I asked for an everyday handbag and then actually found one at a second hand store for about $7. Mom felt that wasn't the only thing she wanted to do for a gift so when we popped into TJMAxx a couple days later and I found a larger tote-style bag she nabbed it for me. So yeah, I can't even imagine spending $20K on a handbag. Most days I happily carry my 2nd hand $7 bag!

My DH is of the never upgrade variety. Clearly from my posts on here, I do mind. I wish we'd had the money and education to get it right the first time, but we didn't and he's not so much sentimental I don't think as much as he truly believes that an engagement ring is one given for engagement and can never be replaced. So I content myself with other purchases. I have a very nice pair of earrings I bought about a year ago (though they could use upgrading again!), and I think one day I might get a huge, kick ass ring for my right hand. If not another ring, how about making it another pieces of jewellery such as a pendant or one of an pair of earrings?

By your partner's logic, his variety of cars should be able to take a bullet for him. I don't know, perhaps they can. But they are clearly something that he enjoys and gets use of daily. Why can't you have the same for your bag? My partner can be slightly like this...what he wants to do needs no justification and he expects me to immediately understand and even be excited about his decision, but what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander and I find myself explaining why I want a certain illogical or expensive thing more often than not (I'm over simplifying here).

I understand wanting to respect his opinion and I think that's very important. I'm not sure I'd ever upgrade for that reason (DH, if you're reading this, please prove me wrong!), but buying you off with the handbag isn't the way to go about it. And that's exactly what it is, buying you off. He would have control over the ring you wore, having the potential to remind you that you promised no upgrades because you have your handbag. I would keep the issues separate, keep saving for the bag, and figure out what to do with the ring when it's become less of a potentially hot topic for you both.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Elysian|1372565437|3474612 said:

Never say never... ;))

I know that these sorts of comments are all said in good fun, but they are still unsettling to me. I would hope that these are not ways in which most marriages operate.
I don't view the husband's Birkin offer as a buy-out either. I see it more as a compromise. Keep the ring and I'll buy you that Birkin that you've had your eye on. It's a very generous offer and perhaps he feels like it would give her the best of both - a gorgeous ring and a gorgeous bag :)
Either way, I hope that it works out for you Tracybear. I can see why your ring may seem small after wearing a act, so maybe there is some happy medium that you and your husband can agree on.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lifetime of upgrades will cost WAY more than a hermes bag. A well cut diamond will go up in value, the bag more than likely (unless you don't use it and buy a rare one, and keep it in pristine condition) will go down in value. So its a no brainer, buy yourself the bag if you must, but who knows what you will want for a diamond in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years time. My tastes have changed over time, yours probably will too.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think getting the birkin now is a compromise you'll be happy with down the road. If you buy it for yourself later, I think you will feel a greater sense of achievement.

Since your husband agreed to let you upgrade, let him keep his word but you can respect him by not trading away the diamond but keeping it as a pendant or something so he can still be attached to it. Since he has multiple cars, he shouldn't mind you having multiple pieces of jewelry.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
momhappy said:
I don't view the husband's Birkin offer as a buy-out either. I see it more as a compromise. Keep the ring and I'll buy you that Birkin that you've had your eye on. It's a very generous offer and perhaps he feels like it would give her the best of both - a gorgeous ring and a gorgeous bag :)

Hahahaha, I totally agree. From his view, it's like, I'll give you something that you want and in return you do something nice for me, which is to keep the ring. It's more of a compromise than anything. ::) The guy before my man not only offered to pay for a pharmacy education which is $200K, but also to give me his family owned pharmacy once I graduate. Now that's a million dollar business buyoff! :$$): The only problem was that we weren't compatible and I didn't want to become a pharmacist. :tongue: That bag is less than 2 months salary for me so the offer is not enticing enough to be a buyoff. My man knows that. ;)) Once, he did try to buy me off by offering a new house if I moved in with him. I'm currently leaving in another state trying to build my career so we can't live together for maybe another 2 years.

Financially we don't share money because we have different philosophy on how it should be spent. I don't appreciate others dictating what I should or shouldn't do with my hard earned dollars so I always keep romance and finance separate. :rodent: This ring is the first disagreement that we've had base on an object. The Viet engagement party is like a mini-wedding with the bridemaids/groommen, ceremony, and whatnot. Both of our parents were really looking forward to throwing this huge event, but I had to cancel their plans cause I couldn't fit it into my schedule. Without a husband, I'll be lonely but I'll still live. Without my career, I won't be able to eat so it wasn't a hard decision for me to cancel the event. In light of this the Ering becomes even more substantial to him because he doesn't have anything to mark this milestone in our relationship. I felt terrible about the whole thing. It's the reason why I sort of feel like I owe it to him to keep this ring forever. :(

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1372597956|3474700 said:

Never say never... ;))

I know that these sorts of comments are all said in good fun, but they are still unsettling to me. I would hope that these are not ways in which most marriages operate.

Woah... Just sayin' that things change, people change... 'The husband' may change his mind in a few years. People change their minds all the time..............

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1372527632|3474360 said:
I totally get the Birkin bag thing.
It is considered the best of the best of the best of something.
I appreciate the pursuit of the finest materials on earth combined with the skill of master artisans.
Such goods always sell for astronomical sums and are in short supply.
There are only a few people on the planet who understand and can afford such esoteric things.

I am NOT a high income person.
I'll bet I'm in the lower 10% of income level of PS members.

But I've spent 50 years being neurotically tight with money.
Now I can afford a few splurges that are not the norm like expensive cars, home remodeling, fancy restaurants, or vacations.
My passions are ... some FCDs, a new 9' 2" German concert grand piano that cost almost what our house cost, nice camera gear, the best binoculars made, and a nice white diamond to wear.

If a $20,000 bag makes your heart sing and you can swing it then go for it and enjoy the hell out of it.
Whether it is mostly for others to notice, or exclusively for your own appreciation matters not.
You owe nobody an explanation or justification.

Now, as to whether to pick the bling or the bag I say get the bag today while the offer is there.
Be a nice girl and in 5 or 10 years start bringing up a diamond upgrade. :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

You hit the nail on the head Kenny.

I can fully understand your dilemma. It's hard to explain to anyone who isn't a purse lover why this is a tough choice, but it is. And for those diamond lovers who say that the Birkin won't hold it's value, oh yes it will. And really it's not about value any more than our big ass diamonds and hand forged settings are. It's about how they sing to us. So I'm with Kenny. Get the purse now and maybe your DH will have a change of heart in a few years.

P.S. When/if you get the purse - PLEASE post a pic.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth said:
And for those diamond lovers who say that the Birkin won't hold it's value, oh yes it will. And really it's not about value any more than our big a$$ diamonds and hand forged settings are. It's about how they sing to us. So I'm with Kenny. Get the purse now and maybe your DH will have a change of heart in a few years.

P.S. When/if you get the purse - PLEASE post a pic.

Agreed, the Birkin will have a faster increase in price than a diamond. It'll just be harder to sell if you need fast money. Since I didn't marry rich and thought I would be a total badass paving my own way through life, I accumulated HUGE student loans from professional school. I never bought lotto tickets until I saw the first bill came in. I was like holy shiet, please let me win the lotto now. ;( I goal is to pay off the loans, do some charity work, then get the bag. It'll be a long wait for those photos, but it'll definitely be gratifying once I get it! :bigsmile: My man makes fun of me all the time, "AH HA! You make more money than I do working part time, but you can't enjoy it cause you got a huge ass debt! Teeheheheheh" Then he runs away before I can kick him.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to throw in my two cents since I have a somewhat related story. I've been married 10 years and have a 30cm red Birkin and a 35cm taupe Birkin, neither of which cost $20k so the one you want must be a really nice one! For our 10th anniversary I had a choice of a Birkin or upgrading my 1 ct ring. I really really want a black Birkin so we checked out three stores to no avail (or really, the Hermes SAs did not deem us worthy of one nor would put us on the waiting list which they say does not exist...) and I don't want to overpay via a resale site so I gave up for now.

I've been eyeballing diamond upgrades for a year or two so I turned my attention back to that. I am completely happy with how things turned out. I think my husband likes the ring choice better too because I'll wear it everyday versus switching out a purse depending upon the outfit. Plus he enjoys saying "Thank You" when someone sees my ring and says "Good Job," even though he let me have free reign on the setting design. Hee hee.

So my first choice did not happen because of fate, but a black Birkin remains on my wish list... :razz:

I've posted these on a few threads this weekend so I apologize for bragging but the ring just arrived so my obsession is still fresh :lol: . Sorry, no photo of first ring - never occurred to me to take a pic.

Thread is [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10th-anniversary-upgrade-ering.190753/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10th-anniversary-upgrade-ering.190753/[/URL]

Upgraded 2.23 RB in temp solitaire setting, size 8.5 finger.

Final setting with stacking bands

-Urs

_7678.jpg

_7679.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Elysian|1372605421|3474747 said:
momhappy|1372597956|3474700 said:

Never say never... ;))

Woah... Just sayin' that things change, people change... 'The husband' may change his mind in a few years. People change their minds all the time..............

No need for the "whoa" because my commentary wasn't really directed specifically at you :) I just meant that some of the posts (not necessarily yours) seem to imply a sort of manipulating/scheming (take the bag now and work on the ring later, be a "good girl" and ask later, etc.). Again, I realize that they were said in jest, so it's really not that big of a deal - just some general commentary.
I understood what you meant and yes, I agree with you that people can and do change their minds all the time :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
UrsTx|1372607805|3474773 said:
I'd like to throw in my two cents since I have a somewhat related story. I've been married 10 years and have a 30cm red Birkin and a 35cm taupe Birkin, neither of which cost $20k so the one you want must be a really nice one! For our 10th anniversary I had a choice of a Birkin or upgrading my 1 ct ring. I really really want a black Birkin so we checked out three stores to no avail (or really, the Hermes SAs did not deem us worthy of one nor would put us on the waiting list which they say does not exist...) and I don't want to overpay via a resale site so I gave up for now.

I've been eyeballing diamond upgrades for a year or two so I turned my attention back to that. I am completely happy with how things turned out. I think my husband likes the ring choice better too because I'll wear it everyday versus switching out a purse depending upon the outfit. Plus he enjoys saying "Thank You" when someone sees my ring and says "Good Job," even though he let me have free reign on the setting design. Hee hee.

So my first choice did not happen because of fate, but a black Birkin remains on my wish list... :razz:

I've posted these on a few threads this weekend so I apologize for bragging but the ring just arrived so my obsession is still fresh :lol: . Sorry, no photo of first ring - never occurred to me to take a pic.

Thread is [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10th-anniversary-upgrade-ering.190753/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10th-anniversary-upgrade-ering.190753/[/URL]

Upgraded 2.23 RB in temp solitaire setting, size 8.5 finger.

Final setting with stacking bands

-Urs

Very pretty upgrade and I'm glad that it worked out for you :)

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
TracyBear|1372488305|3474159 said:
You gals know that I've been struggling with my Ering for quite some time. The second day that we received our diamond, I wanted to exchange it for a lower quality stone because this stone was too small for me. However, my fiance formed an unnatural bond with the stone and highly suggested that we keep it for rarity's sake. I wanted to see him happy so I kept the stone with a suppressed intention of upgrading it myself in the future. Even though I struggled to postpone the upgrade since it's a big hassle, I felt so uneasy about settling that I've started looking at upgrades again.

Recently, my man made an intriguing offer. If he got me the Hermes bag that I've been eyeing for years, will I keep his Ering, as is, forever? Monetarily speaking, it's going to be a "no." My 30cm togo leather Birkin is only ~20K max so it's totally not worth a LIFETIME of upgrades. Besides, I want to get my dream bag by myself as it marks my transition of becoming a financially stable and independent woman. But I did find it ironically sweet that he offered to get me a bag that he once mocked. Every time I'm ready for the upgrade, he shows me how desperately he wants to retain this specific stone and I can't pull the trigger. I think this stone will have to grow on me. ;))

Fun question for the gals. Besides your man's love, is there anything that would make you give up a lifetime of upgrades?

I think your ring is beautiful and is the perfect size for your finger. An idea however, if you feel it's too big, is remove it from that beautiful halo and set it in a plat solitaire setting. Keep your band which will go well with a solitaire. Removing the halo will remove a few millimeters from the overall look of the Ering.

But the choice of a ring upgrade or a Birkin...tough. Let us know what you decide!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^ I believe that she feels that her ring is too small.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1372609006|3474787 said:
^ I believe that she feels that her ring is too small.

My apologies. I misread. Then my opinion is to upgrade now before a deeper attachment is formed on the center stone by the FI. Plus there is a certain self satisfaction in paying for an item such as a Birkin with ones "own" money no matter how the money/bank account may end up being defined down the road. There's no wrong, IMHO, in a joint checking and separate savings accounts for ones own splurges. Personally, DH and I have separate checking and savings and it works well for us, but it may not work for others.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
UrsTx said:
"I really really want a black Birkin so we checked out three stores to no avail (or really, the Hermes SAs did not deem us worthy of one nor would put us on the waiting list which they say does not exist...) and I don't want to overpay via a resale site so I gave up for now."

First off, your ring is stunning! It definitely deserves to be shown off! ::) The $20K is because of the Gris Tourterelle color, palladium hardware, scarf to protect the handles, and insurance. I haven't seen any that retails for less. I rather save up for the ostrich skin though cause it highlights the color better. I can really wear this into my nineties if I live to be that old. Hahahaha.

Same issue here with the salespeople. My man and I look like kids so no one takes us seriously. I feel like this is what's going on in their head..."Well would you look at these two hobos. They don't look like the type of people who can afford this. Better get security to keep on eye on them. Better yet, let me ignore them so they'll feel unwelcomed and leave on their own." :appl: Then there's the other type of saleperson who follows you around the shop like a vulture to make sure you don't steal anything while at the same time asking you billions of question about whether you would like to purchase something immediately or not. To them I say, "Leave me alone and let me have time to look at the products!" :ugeek:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tracybear, I was secretly unhappy with my first engagement ring but hid my feelings and thought I could learn to love it. It never happened and a year later my husband upgraded my ring for our 1st anniversary. Now we’re talking about going from a very pretty little ring with a .01 barely there diamond chip to a .5 carat diamond though. I never even thought about upgrading again until our 30th anniversary this year and hit the jackpot with a 2 carat diamond. The thing is that once I was happy with my .5 carat, my ring just wasn't on my mind anymore, but it was driving me crazy before. In my experience if this ring is bothering you this much now, it’s not going to get better and might build a lot of resentment over time. You don’t want that to happen, so probably the best thing to do is upgrade. Your fiancé will come around and will want you to be happy. You’re just starting out, but believe me that you’ll both have lots more opportunities to compromise with each other in the future. Sometimes you’ll win, sometimes he will. Good luck with your decision!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
TracyBear|1372610654|3474797 said:
UrsTx said:
"I really really want a black Birkin so we checked out three stores to no avail (or really, the Hermes SAs did not deem us worthy of one nor would put us on the waiting list which they say does not exist...) and I don't want to overpay via a resale site so I gave up for now."

First off, your ring is stunning! It definitely deserves to be shown off! ::) The $20K is because of the Gris Tourterelle color, palladium hardware, scarf to protect the handles, and insurance. I haven't seen any that retails for less. I rather save up for the ostrich skin though cause it highlights the color better. I can really wear this into my nineties if I live to be that old. Hahahaha.

Same issue here with the salespeople. My man and I look like kids so no one takes us seriously. I feel like this is what's going on in their head..."Well would you look at these two hobos. They don't look like the type of people who can afford this. Better get security to keep on eye on them. Better yet, let me ignore them so they'll feel unwelcomed and leave on their own." :appl: Then there's the other type of saleperson who follows you around the shop like a vulture to make sure you don't steal anything while at the same time asking you billions of question about whether you would like to purchase something immediately or not. To them I say, "Leave me alone and let me have time to look at the products!" :ugeek:

I wonder if that's typical of Hermes stores? The one in my area was quite the opposite. I always got the impression that many of their bags were wait-listed, etc., but I walked into my local Hermes, and they brought me several Birkins from the back that were immediately available. I certainly didn't look the part either - I mean, I'm no slouch, but I didn't look like I was super-rich or anything. I guess it just depends on the store.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1372615066|3474823 said:
TracyBear|1372610654|3474797 said:
UrsTx said:

I wonder if that's typical of Hermes stores? The one in my area was quite the opposite. I always got the impression that many of their bags were wait-listed, etc., but I walked into my local Hermes, and they brought me several Birkins from the back that were immediately available. I certainly didn't look the part either - I mean, I'm no slouch, but I didn't look like I was super-rich or anything. I guess it just depends on the store.

I think it varies by store and store location. I went to Hermes in Italy. Though no sales person came up to help us (DH and I were dressed like total vagabonds tourists) the moment we asked to see a few things they were very helpful though we didnt' buy anything. We got the same treatment in Cartier. Totally ignored till i asked to try on some bracelets. We did end up buying a bracelet and the manager pretty much said that SA's just smile and nod to you- don't approach at all, till you ask for their assistance. I guess it keeps them from spending too much time with tourist who are just browsing etc.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
momhappy said:

Sarah said:
I think it varies by store and store location. I went to Hermes in Italy. Though no sales person came up to help us (DH and I were dressed like total vagabonds tourists) the moment we asked to see a few things they were very helpful though we didnt' buy anything. We got the same treatment in Cartier. Totally ignored till i asked to try on some bracelets. We did end up buying a bracelet and the manager pretty much said that SA's just smile and nod to you- don't approach at all, till you ask for their assistance. I guess it keeps them from spending too much time with tourist who are just browsing etc.

In their defense, I do normally dressed like a hobo. Jeans, tee-shirt and I'm good to go! If I brush my hair, it'll be a good day. I figured that if I had the money, I could order the goods, but no. They showed me the wallets and one sky blue Birkin on display... that was about it. :/ An experience that left much to be desired.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I agree it depends on which store. My first purchase in Dallas was a walk in visit and they had one in the back. Same with Houston, I walked in and they had one in back. But San Francisco told me they had no Birkins and then I immediately saw another SA get one from "the back" and take it to a private room to show someone else. I was dressed casually but my red Birkin so with me so they would know I'm a serious buyer. Oh well, c'est la vie!

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
UrsTx, I can't believe that you're so lucky to find a red Birkin just laying in the back. It's such a sought after color that I thought you had custom order it. No wonder your bag was less then $20K, you got it directly from the source! :razz: Congrats on the bag! ::)

Since you've showed off your beautiful rings, don't mind if I show off the beauty that is my man and I. I've shaved my legs and he shaved his mustache. Yeah, that's about as high maintenance as we're going to get. It is pretty much us dressing up. Hahahahaha. We don't look rich, heck we don't even look to be illegal drinking age most of the time. When I walk into Asian stores asking to view their diamonds, the owner usually ask, "Is your mom with you honey?"

37930_756828882066_6146791_n.jpg

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
jmarshalli think you should keep your er as is out of respect for your man. This is just me, but if my future fiancee went behind my back to upgrade an engagement ring that I had made very clear had sentimental value and I didn't want traded/upgraded, I don't think I would want her as my fiancee any more. I feel that is very disrespectful to your hubby. If you want to upgrade, do it with a rhr....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tracy, you seriously do look about 16! So no wonder those sales people don't take you seriously! It is a good problem to have, though!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Ok forgive me if I'm waaaay off base here, but what ring are we talking about that you want to upgrade now? This one
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185447#p3377179']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185447#p3377179[/URL]
Or one from a thread I can't find?
Also not to be mean, but in that thread you refer to $500. As being a lot of money because you are poor?
Hit the lottery since then?? In this thread you say the bag is less than 2 months salary!!!! Can I be crass and ask what you do for a living cause if it isn't too late I'm switching jobs!
I saw your pictures you do look very young, I find it amazing that you already turned down a 5ct ring from a previous boyfriend. One who wanted to fund pharmacy school no less.
There is something about this whole thread that is giving me the willies. I'm sorry if I'm way wrong.
Please forgive me if I misinterpreted your comments and I've confused you with another poster, but I'm not feeling real here:(

As for the original question. Would I trade a lifetime of upgrades for a 20k purse? Nope. I like purses, admire buttery soft leathers, love the smell and buckles,toggles and such, but as SB had happen ( hilarious, BTW SAME thing with my 5 yr old but it was a coach bag!!) they are to me far more temporary than diamonds. That said I love my moms very vintage custom made in Italy crocodile purse with 14k clasp.

Would I trade away the ring that my partner was so attached to, nope ,
But What I would do if I earned the kind of cash you say you do,would be work on creating an alternate Ering,for an anniversary, or push present!

If your partner can have 2 cars you can have 2 Erings !!
Again if I've misjudged you I'm sorry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results