shape
carat
color
clarity

My 10th Anniversary Upgrade Ering

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first posting ever on this site but I've read all 280 pages of the Eye Candy page. I've drooled over every ring on there - they're all so pretty!

Our 10th Anniversary was this spring and, although it took a few months to find the stone and then the setting, I received my upgraded ring this week. I love it! Prior ring, which I loved too, was a modern cushion set in a cushion halo, H/VS2, 1 ct center.

Upgrade is a 2.23 round center, G/SI1, (from Jared) and the Art Deco inspired setting is from ETSY (store is Orospot, ring displayed on Etsy has a sapphire) with approx .18 ctw of burnish set diamonds in G/VS2. Ring size 8.5, I think my hands look average-size in real life but these photos make them look really huge... I also opted to use spacer rings for a stacked look but mainly to prevent my wedding band from rubbing against the Ering setting.

Hope you all like it.

_7650.jpg

_7651.jpg

_7652.jpg

_7653.jpg

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome and congrats on your anniversary and upgrade!! It is gorgeous and I love the bands you put with it too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :appl: Love the whole set! I am going to have to check out your setting maker. Also, who made your band at the bottom? I have been thinking about getting one of those!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! For the band, I wanted the Swing ring from Tiffany but the price was ridiculous. A diamond wholesale/retailer called Diamonds Direct had this Gabriel & Co band in a half eternity model with milgraine. The Diamonds Direct salesperson called Gabriel & Co who agreed to make it a full eternity without the milgraine. It accidentally turned out to be the perfect band for the Ering.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1372524576|3474333 said:
Welcome and congrats on your anniversary and upgrade!! It is gorgeous and I love the bands you put with it too!

Thank you - and I'm a fan of the antique ring in your avatar.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1372525759|3474341 said:
Thank you all so much! For the band, I wanted the Swing ring from Tiffany but the price was ridiculous. A diamond wholesale/retailer called Diamonds Direct had this Gabriel & Co band in a half eternity model with milgraine. The Diamonds Direct salesperson called Gabriel & Co who agreed to make it a full eternity without the milgraine. It accidentally turned out to be the perfect band for the Ering.

That is great to know that Gabriel will make that band in full eternity!

Groucho

Rough_Rock
From a fellow size 8.5, I think your fingers and rings are lovely. Your new setting is gorgeous and looks fabulous stacked. I'm going to take a look at that Gabriel & Co. ring --- thanks for the tip. Congratulations on your 10th!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love your upgrade and I don't even like halos! I especially love how you've stacked rings with it. very very very attractive and looks great on you, too! well done!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, LOVE that setting you chose. Timeless! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your 10 year anniversary and your new ring!!! It is stunning!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
You all are so nice. Thank you for the congrats and compliments. It also just occurred to me that the Etsy Orospot store has a similar band but its half eternity. You could ask them for a quote to make it full eternity. I bet it'd cost less than what I paid (and would be plat vs mine is 14k) and the turn around time may be faster - Gabriel took six weeks to make the ring, ugh. Just a thought.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Love that setting. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really love your ring!! :love: I absolutely love the setting - it's making me want to get a halo, really badly! :D Ok, off to check the maker of your setting...congrats on your upgrade, it looks amazing on you!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love your anniversary ring. It's the most unique halo I've ever seen. I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right on my little phone screen but it appears that your melees are bezel set? A bit of scalloping in the halo gives your ring a slightly lacey feel. I love it! Congrats!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! Happy 10th anniversary!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS and congratulations on your anniversary upgrade. It's a beautiful ring, well done.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Ashleigh|1372547746|3474491 said:
Wow, I love your anniversary ring. It's the most unique halo I've ever seen. I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right on my little phone screen but it appears that your melees are bezel set? A bit of scalloping in the halo gives your ring a slightly lacey feel. I love it! Congrats!

Thank you so much. The melee is burnish set which I had to google to find out what that means (LOL!) but gives it a smoother look without the prongs. I agree the halo looks lacy which helps gives it that antique look. My prior halo setting looked like a cluster and swallowed up the center stone but this halo/bezel separates the center! =)

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I put this on another thread but here is the same 2.23 center when it was in a temp solitaire while I waited for the setting. My finger did not compliment the stone very well...

Before

After

-Urs

_7669.jpg

_7670.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty setting!!! Love the band as well, the rings look perfect together! Happy 10th!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful set! The gallery looks especially beautiful from what I can see in the pictures. I love the way you've stacked the bands. It has a very casually elegant look to it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
totally agreed! :appl:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
UrsTx|1372552457|3474535 said:
Ashleigh|1372547746|3474491 said:

Thank you so much. The melee is burnish set which I had to google to find out what that means (LOL!) but gives it a smoother look without the prongs. I agree the halo looks lacy which helps gives it that antique look. My prior halo setting looked like a cluster and swallowed up the center stone but this halo/bezel separates the center! =)

Thanks for the info. Yours is the first burnish set halo I've ever seen. Really out of the norm. Happy 10th anniversary!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!! That's one SWEET setting!! Oh my - I love it!! Fantastic choice and your diamond is beautiful... I love how it looks on your hand!!
And with all your other rings - beautiful stacking you've done!!

And an 8.5 --- Woo hoo! I'm an 8 - welcome fellow size 8 PSer!! :D

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Yum Yum ! Love your new halo setting! Your stone looks amazing in it. Crazy how much it changes the whole look. Great finger coverage and beautiful on your hand! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary too ! :appl: :love:

2Bsbkinstle

Rough_Rock
Your rings are absolutely GORGEOUS! I live the stacked look also. So pretty!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so pretty and it looks great on your hand. I really love it!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone for the compliments!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results