shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone engagement rings

lasposa

Rough_Rock
My current e-ring is a three stone style with side baguettes. I need to have my e-ring remade since it is too large and cannot be sized down (due to the baguettes). I would really like to have it remade as a five stone ring. I love them! I would love to see pictures of 5-stone engagement rings where the center stone is mounted higher. I usually see 5-stone wedding bands where all stones are the same size. My stones are 1 .80 carot and 2 .5 carots. I think I would add 2 more .5 carots but am not sure. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

P.S. My wedding band is a plain platinum band. Do you think that a five stone e-ring would look too blingy with it?

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
I hope crazydogs doesn't mind me re-posting her pictures, but her rings are absolutely stunning and one of the best examples of a 5 stone ring. You can see her thread here, with plenty of pictures. Her rings were just soldered together in these pics. She has a 5 stone engagement ring and a 5 stone wedding band, both from Sott Kay (so I'm a little partial to these as I am giving my gf the three stone version). But this is a great example of both types of rings and how they look.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-on-scott-kay-ring-problems.70783/

I'll post one pic here taken from that thread, but this should give you some idea, I hope.

noname5.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if mine qualifies as a "five stone" ring, but it does have five stones! The center is a 2.1 ct. emerald cut and the sides are 4 15-point round brilliants. I think I five-stone engagement ring might be a nice contrast with a plain wedding band, but I think you would have to try them on and make sure you liked the look.

I didn''t want to rename my files to upload them again, but you can see photos of mine here.

lasposa

Rough_Rock
Dockman3, thank you so much... that Scott Kay ring is beautiful and almost exactly what I would like! I looked on the Scott Kay website and couldn''t find it. Do you know if they still make that style?

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Pearlman''s carries it. Scott Kay lists very little on their website. A scott Kay dealer has a book of all the Scott Kay rings available for you to look at. The ring is extremely well made and very sturdy. The diamonds in their rings are top quality.
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This is a HOF five stone ring. Please excuse not so great pic. The center stone is set high above the side stones--but not so it's in the way. The center stone is 1.23 and the side stones are .20 each. My ring size is 4.5. I have a matching 5 stone wedding band. I you would like any more pics, just let me know
1.gif
Despite this being a shared prong set, the diamonds don't "nibble" away at each other or the setting. I have it checked regularly and there has been no problem in the past 1.5 years that I have had it. I wear this set all the time. No need for soldering the rings, which would be a deal breaker for me.

011 ering.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Both rings...

015 two ring up I.jpg

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 11:03:50 PM
Author: Venice
Pearlman''s carries it. Scott Kay lists very little on their website. A scott Kay dealer has a book of all the Scott Kay rings available for you to look at. The ring is extremely well made and very sturdy. The diamonds in their rings are top quality.
1.gif

I agree with Venice here, and was actually about to write the same thing when I saw the post. I did not get my 3 stone version from Pearlman''s, so I can''t say anything about them, but my Scott Kay is wonderful and I would recommend it.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 3:26:55 PM
Author: dockman3

Date: 6/23/2008 11:03:50 PM
Author: Venice
1.gif

I agree with Venice here, and was actually about to write the same thing when I saw the post. I did not get my 3 stone version from Pearlman''s, so I can''t say anything about them, but my Scott Kay is wonderful and I would recommend it.
My Scott Kay is wonderful and I would recommend it, too!
2.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
BUMP!!
30.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I guess my new ring qualifies. That Scott Kay was one of my inspirations for it.
I don''t think it would be too blingy for a plain band; personally, on myself I don''t like a diamond band with it, because then it gets to blingy for my own self. So a plain band should look good with it.

DSCN9354 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
a different angle

to see more pics, here is my thread

Also, I had a thread a long time ago with others.

Plus, there was a PSer named "upgradable" who was asking, and I posted a ton of pictures here.
She wound up getting a gorgeous one, but it's not with a prominent center stone, so I'm not sure if that design would work w/ a large center stone or not.

DSCN9603 crop.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 1:00:42 AM
Author: risingsun
Both rings...
I just L
emlove.gif
VE
your set Risingsun!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. Center is .80 and sides are 8-points each. Matching band is a 5-stone with 8-pointers. Stuller illusion setting.

DivaDiamond007.JPG

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 11:55:55 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl
a different angle

Also, I had a thread a long time ago with others.

Plus, there was a PSer named 'upgradable' who was asking, and I posted a ton of pictures here.
She wound up getting a gorgeous one, but it's not with a prominent center stone, so I'm not sure if that design would work w/ a large center stone or not.
oh my good God.......old-fashioned girl, your ring is GORGEOUS!!

could i bother your for the specs of the center stone and setting? was it a custom made masterpiece?

BEAUTIFULLLL!!
30.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 11:56:17 PM
Author: julie04

Date: 8/28/2008 11:55:55 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl
a different angle

oh my good God.......old-fashioned girl, your ring is GORGEOUS!!

could i bother your for the specs of the center stone and setting? was it a custom made masterpiece?

BEAUTIFULLLL!!
30.gif
Wow, julie, thanks for the very nice compliment. So as not to hijack the thread, I will answer in my thread. (Click on the link above)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
These rings are great! Love the five stone look. Anyone got step cut five stone rings?

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 11:39:02 AM
Author: Kelli
These rings are great! Love the five stone look. Anyone got step cut five stone rings?
I think there was a recent thread with that very topic. They might have said "emerald cut."

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:36:30 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 6/24/2008 1:00:42 AM
Author: risingsun
Both rings...
I just L
emlove.gif
VE
your set Risingsun!
Thanks, Beau! [/end threadjack]
2.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
bump

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t post a pic of mine before, so I will now:

Summer%2008%20009%20xs.jpg

Risingsun, I am so pleasantly surprised to hear that your have had no problems with wearing your shared-prong set together. This gives me hope that I can get a gorgeous shared-prong wedding band to go with my e-ring! Any problems with the diamonds eating away at the metal in your set?

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
BUMP
30.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
bump

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results